About Fallout 4 Updates from Bethesda.

It's almost like they're trying to feed the conspiracy theorists that have been speculating "Bethesda will kill free modding to make money from the Creation Club".

Who thinks corporate greed is a conspiracy theory, though? Once Bethesda makes money from selling mods, the modding community also becomes a competitor.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2017 at 5:52 PM, SexDwarf2250 said:

Who thinks corporate greed is a conspiracy theory, though? Once Bethesda makes money from selling mods, the modding community also becomes a competitor.

Corporate greed is real, sure. But it's not even really greed. It's just maximizing profits as all businesses do. Fulfilling supply and demand and making sure to maximize on it. Some are just more dishonest about it (see EA). Bethesda isn't likely to ever attack the modding community (as if they could actually stop people from modding). Especially since they use the CC news to promote free mods, haven't sent a single cease and desist (even to mods replicating CC content AFTER the CC content came out). 

Everything about Bethesda's history shows they embrace mods and have no intent to ever change on that. They're not EA. They gave us Skyrim Special Edition for free, they give away CC content for free, they gave us the Cration Kit for free... I just don't see greed here. I see them fulfilling a demand from PS4 players (who own majority of the copies of FO4 and Skyrim SE) because they were begging for Mod-like content even at a cost.

22 hours ago, Ufollowme said:

Another Update its 87.5 MB i have no idea what it fixes... & it breaks F4SE again

Saw an update start downloading so put steam into offline mod, any idea what this update is actually for as there was no news on steam when i last looked

1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

Saw an update start downloading so put steam into offline mod, any idea what this update is actually for as there was no news on steam when i last looked

• A problem with damaged textures on reflections has been fixed.
  • The scripting features have been updated to support new creations.
  • The Report button has been removed from the mods. Mods can be reported directly to Bethesda.net
  • F4SE still hasn't updated yet so maybe sometime today perhaps.

Just now, Ufollowme said:
  • A problem with damaged textures on reflections has been fixed.
  • The scripting features have been updated to support new creations.
  • The Report button has been removed from the mods. Mods can be reported directly to Bethesda.net
  • F4SE still hasn't updated yet so maybe sometime today perhaps.

Thanks, looksmenu and MCM also has a version check so best to wait till everything has updated

Build: 0.6.4 is out now

but still waiting for MCM & Looksmenu, plus other mods to update

:apple_green:

Edit: New Creation Club Items have been added.

- Home Decor Workshop pack

- A variety of skin decals for weaponry

- New camouflage for both Pip-boy & Power Armour

All look nice can't wait to use

Speaking of all these frequent updates, the latest F4SE I downloaded and used the install function for yesterday told me it didn’t work with the new version of Fallout when I tried to open the gam with F4SE. Is F4SE still trying to catch up with this latest slew of updates, or did I install wrong?

10 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

Speaking of all these frequent updates, the latest F4SE I downloaded and used the install function for yesterday told me it didn’t work with the new version of Fallout when I tried to open the gam with F4SE. Is F4SE still trying to catch up with this latest slew of updates, or did I install wrong?

Don't use the installer, install it manually.

Both FO4 and F4SE have been playing well together since December 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

If you installed F4SE 0.6.4 manually and have FO4 1.10.50 modded games will work.

You might need to also install [Dev/Test/Beta] LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin v13-20171201 if you are looking to use FourPlay mods as well.

So basically as a noob in modding, who only manages to get it to work (barely) by following the beginners guide step by step, i think i just wait for a patch :frown:

1 hour ago, X37V1990 said:

So basically as a noob in modding, who only manages to get it to work (barely) by following the beginners guide step by step, i think i just wait for a patch :frown:

Right now I'm assuming you have FO4 1.10.50 which is the latest release.

Go to http://f4se.silverlock.org and click the readme link, it has how to install F4SE.

If you want to use the FourPlay sex mods you will then need to install the plugn I posted earlier.

Once you have those installed begin installing the mods you want and enjoy your game.

*reads the last several confused posts*

*sighs*

We're at the point where brand new mods might be compatible and incompatible with any of a dozen different recently published versions of the game.

Thanks for fucking up a simple, working system for installing mods, Bethesda. Thank you so much for this experience.

I wish more players new to the modding community understood how important it is to try and control what your computer downloads/updates.

I come from a time when games on disk were self contained entities that worked as advertised out of the box. Then came patches, then updates, then dlc, with more patches... GAH!

After seeing mods break I learned to keep a copy of any modded game as an archive. Sure, it eats a ton of HD space, but I don't have a problem keeping my stuff safe.

It's important to point out how you start a game determines if it will 'require' an update or not. SKSE works a little like a no CD patch/mod basically making the game yours and not a service.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciated a little 'service' now and then, just not in my games.

• 4 weeks later...