On 1/2/2018 at 4:02 AM, Alkyrvkoravxi said:

Edit: So my suggestion would be to turn the frequency of that down, or dont have the society members go to the head of the societies court and diplo range should be required to move to the lovers court cause its super spammy.

Yeah, your comment gave me an idea to add a new decision, or at least a cheatcode to turn this thing off.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:20 AM, kate1313 said:

He said on page 2 that he wouldn't:

You got it, Kate.

You want enatic succession? Me too. I really want to start working on the update, but I still can't find a free moment in my schedule to do anything. Maybe within a month I will start working on it. At least I hope so.

This stuff is ready on paper, I just need to implement it.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, Kregritt said:

Yeah, your comment gave me an idea to add a new decision, or at least a cheatcode to turn this thing off.

Just an update regarding how bad it got after another 10-20 years of game time, 360~ members in the society, 200~ of which were in my court like my character hadn't made it to 55 yet from 20 when I founded the society.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:31 AM, Alkyrvkoravxi said:

Just an update regarding how bad it got after another 10-20 years of game time, 360~ members in the society, 200~ of which were in my court like my character hadn't made it to 55 yet from 20 when I founded the society.

Yes, sounds about right xD

On 1/15/2018 at 8:19 PM, VladislavMGN said:

Compatible with ck2plus mod?

Oops, it appears I am an idiot - there was a compatibility patch in my downloads section. But! That one worked with the pre-2.8 game, I don't know how much Ck2plus has changed since then.

Right, so... Hello everyone! I am back from my modding hiatus. The game has changed quite a bit since I last played it, so there might be some weird bugs here and there. I have begun a new playthrough to root some of them out.

So, what's new - I have addressed the most common complaint that you all had: the crowded court. Now NPCs need to have several more reasons to move to a different court and they will never move to a court that has 69 or more people (because of course it would be 69).

I've also added the feature that was the whole reason I wanted huge courts in the first place: a boost to Tolerance gain per courtier of rank 2/3/4.

But the new addition that I am the most exited about, of course, is the new soundtrack by the great TomatoEddie. I hope you like it as much as I do, because if you don't - you'll just have to deal with it ;D

Yay a new update :smile:

I also sort of made a modification to the mod... I made a religion. It's um, not... super fleshed out or whatever, was more of just a "see if I can do it" thing.

Religion file:

Spoiler

pagan_group = {
	color = { 0.6 0.0 0.0 }

sapphic_religion = {
		graphical_culture = westerngfx
		icon = 37
		pre_reformed = yes
		crusade_name = GREAT_HOLY_WAR
		scripture_name = WORKS_OF_SAPPHO
		priest_title = PRIEST
		high_god_name = GOD_THE_MOTHER_GODDESS
		god_names = {
			GOD_APHRODITE GOD_SAPPHO GOD_PHILOTES GOD_VENUS GOD_PEITHO
		}
		evil_god_names = {
			GOD_JUPITER
		}
		unit_modifier = {
			levy_size = 0.2

retinuesize_perc = 0.5

key = "OFF_RELIGION"
		}
		investiture = yes
		can_excommunicate = yes
		can_grant_divorce = yes
		can_grant_invasion_cb = invasion
		can_call_crusade = yes
		can_retire_to_monastery = yes
		female_temple_holders = yes
		feminist = yes      # Nullifies the negative opinion modifier that vassals normally get if ruler is female or has female heir
		priests_can_inherit = no
		priests_can_marry = yes
		pc_marriage = yes #incest is allowed, but no divine blood bonus
		bs_marriage = yes	
		religious_clothing_head = 3
		religious_clothing_priest = 3
		max_consorts = 6
		allow_in_ruler_designer = yes
	}
}

Localisation snippet:

Spoiler

# Religion
sapphic_religion;Sapphist;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
sapphic_religion_DESC;A religion with its roots in Hellenic paganism, Sapphists believe that women are meant to love other women. Sapphists follow the works of the ancient Greek poetess Sapphos, and their pantheon consists of a Mother Goddess, along with a number of the Greco-Roman goddesses of love and desire.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_THE_MOTHER_GODDESS;the Mother Goddess;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_APHRODITE;Aphrodite;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_SAPPHO;Sappho;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_PHILOTES;Philotes;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_PEITHO;Peitho;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
WORKS_OF_SAPPHO;the Sapphic Poems;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
temple_baron_sapphic_religion;Priest;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Just to kind of show what I made :smile:

On 1/21/2018 at 11:54 PM, kate1313 said:

Yay a new update :smile:

I also sort of made a modification to the mod... I made a religion. It's um, not... super fleshed out or whatever, was more of just a "see if I can do it" thing.

Um... wow xD

That's great! Only that... I kinda-sorta never wanted to dabble in religions and tried to implement all the enatic stuff through different means. New laws and such.

Of course, if you want your work in the mod, you can make a patch, test it and I can upload it with the other stuff.

And if you want to help out with the development - you're hired. Message me or something, we'll see what we can do :smiley:

Just a question and a request.

Question:  Is there a limit to the size that the Society can get to?  If not, can you implement one?

Question & Request:  Any change for a less cringe neon pink background on the society page?  Just too damn loud lol.

14 hours ago, cniht said:

Question:  Is there a limit to the size that the Society can get to?  If not, can you implement one?

It's 330-ish. Smaller than for hermetics, which is 370.

14 hours ago, cniht said:

Question & Request:  Any change for a less cringe neon pink background on the society page?  Just too damn loud lol.

If you can make a good background, I'll put it up instead and credit you for making it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Kregritt said:

You want enatic succession? Me too. I really want to start working on the update, but I still can't find a free moment in my schedule to do anything. Maybe within a month I will start working on it. At least I hope so.

This stuff is ready on paper, I just need to implement it.

I'd love to hear what you have in mind for these laws. I use this mod on occasion and it's always fun.

But also, I could use the ideas. I've been playing around with a submod for Christianity Mod that converts Orthodox to Lilithian. If you're not too familiar with CM it's all about lust being considered a virtue in Catholicism, and to a lesser extent prostitution as sacred. Lilith in this mythos refused to marry Adam, saying that she refused to be bound even symbolically to one man because she belonged to all of mankind, and the priestess-whores follow this example and don't marry.

Well, the Lilithians say that because Lilith was created first she is the true image of the feminine God, and push enatic-cognatic laws compared to the Catholic's true cognatic, even allowing enatic. I've played with setting up lesbian marriage too in their culture but that was even before this mod came around. It was good to see a less ahistorical take on it!

On 2/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, MeMe said:

I'd love to hear what you have in mind for these laws. I use this mod on occasion and it's always fun.

Funny thing is - I've already implemented a rudimentary version of enatic succession into the next version and I thought that I had already released it. Of course, I hadn't, but your post confused me for a second.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, MeMe said:

But also, I could use the ideas. I've been playing around with a submod for Christianity Mod that converts Orthodox to Lilithian. If you're not too familiar with CM it's all about lust being considered a virtue in Catholicism, and to a lesser extent prostitution as sacred. Lilith in this mythos refused to marry Adam, saying that she refused to be bound even symbolically to one man because she belonged to all of mankind, and the priestess-whores follow this example and don't marry.

Well, the Lilithians say that because Lilith was created first she is the true image of the feminine God, and push enatic-cognatic laws compared to the Catholic's true cognatic, even allowing enatic. I've played with setting up lesbian marriage too in their culture but that was even before this mod came around. It was good to see a less ahistorical take on it!

I know the basics of CM, but as I am extremely picky about what I play, I've never had any major mods installed on my version of the game apart from my own. Good thing too - I might have not made my own mod in the first place if I started playing with others' mods :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, 1.4  1.41 is live with basic enatic and enatic-congatic succession mechanics added. I still plan to do more stuff in that area, so there's that.

The new version has overall improved ai functionality, ai characters no longer spam their powers and get caught every god-damn day. I'm actually doing a playthrough myself right now and I've schemed my way to dominating half of Europe already, which is great, so now there are lesbians in charge of half of my vice-kingdoms. Too bad the game doesn't let you vassalize the Byzantine empire, so there's something I have to think about.

The bad rather "meh" news is that the mod no longer supports v2.7 of the game. So if you don't have the new v2.8 Ck2, you have to use the old clunky(-ish) v1.36 of the mod without all teh enatic succession stuff. :beer: Cheers.

P.S. I am getting really annoyed by vanilla secret religious societies. Nearly half of my subjects is in my dungeons, but they just keep going. Kinda like my own society. So I've made a small tweak to the scripts to nerf them. If there is a demand for something like this, let me know - I'll post the files... somewhere.

Very good mod, my gratitude author. Not a fan of pregnancy decision, but all other things are great. And I have bug with "work in hospital" mission. I choose work in hospital options in menu and nothing happened, 5 years and nothing.

19 hours ago, gert said:

Very good mod, my gratitude author. Not a fan of pregnancy decision, but all other things are great. And I have bug with "work in hospital" mission. I choose work in hospital options in menu and nothing happened, 5 years and nothing.

Thank you :smile:

I'm curious though - do you not like the mere existence of the pregnancy decision, or do you think that it could be made differently? Because in the latter case I might be able to improve it.

About the glitch - when you clicked on the "work in hospital" in the intrigue menu, did you get an event window immediately after that? If not, it might have been a random glitch.

If you did get the first event window though, but did not get the other ones, then you should check if you a) are still in the society; b) still have the appropriate quest. If not, you won't be able to finish the event chain.

The quest does take a little less than a year to finish, so you might have just missed the final event or confused it with a vanilla "Reaper's Due" event.

In any case, if nothing above helps, and you still have the unfinished quest, type "event LES.4015" in the console, it should finish the quest for you and clean up the flags.

I get an event window immediately after choose it in intrigue menu, but then years passed, but nothing happen. I was in society and have quest, all 5 years that passed. And for pregnancy decision, for me it`s strange create a lesbian society and then need to PAY and SLEEP with MAN. In CK2 "magic" happen, so for me better some magic pregnancy. And after pregnancy I have event with "This man may be know the secret of society, how to shut up him" with options to give him land or money or nothing, but no option to kill him. Can yor make kill options because for secret society this more suitable(and I just want kill him). And enatic-cognatic and enatic succession not work properly because of extra } in the end.

4 hours ago, gert said:

I get an event window immediately after choose it in intrigue menu, but then years passed, but nothing happen. I was in society and have quest, all 5 years that passed. And for pregnancy decision, for me it`s strange create a lesbian society and then need to PAY and SLEEP with MAN. In CK2 "magic" happen, so for me better some magic pregnancy. And after pregnancy I have event with "This man may be know the secret of society, how to shut up him" with options to give him land or money or nothing, but no option to kill him. Can yor make kill options because for secret society this more suitable(and I just want kill him). And enatic-cognatic and enatic succession not work properly because of extra } in the end.

That might be a random bug, I can't really replicate it on my game. In fact, it never really happened for me, nor anyone else that I know of. Just type "event LES.4015" into the console and that should fix it.

As for your complaint about the pregnancy decision - I am afraid you're missing the point of the main game. The game is based around controlling a dynasty, therefore producing an heir is the №1 thing you must to not lose the game. As for "magic" - despite taking a few liberties (such as the Galen's formula, which obviously doesn't work as described in real life, but is still based on historical fact), I am generally against explaining in-game mechanics with "because magic". Doing some medieval eugenics is a much more plausible and logical way of getting a child. And yes, getting pregnant does imply sleeping with a MAN.

The "magic" that is already in the game is a) not always there, because some players like to play without it, and b) it is extremely rare if you don't cheat.

As for getting rid of the guy - the vanilla game already provides you with the means to do so. You may plot to kill him, imprison him, imprison and execute him, abduct him, sacrifice him to the pagan gods, try to get him killed in a battle. Point is - your options are many and providing players with a button that says "Press to solve all problems without effort" is really a recipe for the most boring game ever.

Sorry if I appear too sassy or rude, but I don't want to scrap the most complicated script in the entire mod just to make the game easier and more... boring.

P.S. that's strange, the enatic succession works just fine for me. If you are talking about the common\laws\succession.txt file, then no, there aren't any extra brackets there, I have software to check them and I just did.

Kinda understand the issue with the impregnation bit, though it already works perfectly fine as the text already gives an implicit "Because I have to"  vibe. Maybe a better alternative to magic would being able to use prisoners alongside the paid 'donors'. That way you still have the dice-rolls and the like as in the original method, but the queen's control in this case  dims the way lesbians are ultimately still dependent on men.  You can keep both methods, make everyone happy and allows roleplaying your character traits better regarding how likely they are to think males deserve reimbursement for  their service. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/4/2018 at 4:54 AM, Xerxes_2 said:

I can't legalmize children I give birth to at birth and all children can't be legalmized after birth. What is the problem?

Check your piety or if your child actually has your dynasty (that used to be a problem, or maybe it still is, can't remember). But low piety is the main culprit most of the time.

I'm back and I'm alive. Sorry for being gone, but the last 5 months were a murder. My troubles are still not over, but at least I am able to work on the mod a bit for a few weeks.

Okay, first things first V1.5 IS VERY SCRIPT-HEAVY. It adds a new crown law that changes gender laws in every county in the realm. Also, there's a script that fires (should fire) every time you vassalize/conquer/grant territory. Massive lag is to be expected, so please add a post below detailing how bad it is for you alongside your system specifications. Also tell me how big is your kingdom/empire, because that has an impact as well. I'll work from there and hopefully make it a bit more bearable. Also let me know if any lords you vassalize/conquer don't change their succession laws after a few days, because that would be a bug (never had it myself, but who knows).

Second thing - I very much advise you to install the Republic Equality mod. It's an amazing mod, and honestly, I did not even believe it was even possible to create. Version 1.5 of my mod was made to work with it and I've added a compatibility patch to the downloads section.

And finally - I've fulfilled my promise to make life difficult for fans of same-sex marriage ... That came out wrong. But anywho, the game will no longer allow your female characters to marry other women from the get-go. There is a new event that should fire in about 30-70 years after the creation of the society after which you should get the option to marry whoever you want. But this option comes at a price - most characters (most notably the Catholics) will receive a letter from their religious head if that religious head finds out about the lesbian marriage thing. You would need a high enough diplomacy/intrigue to get off scot-free.

P.S. this mod now basically has all of the features I set out to make in the first place. I might add a thing or two, new events and all that. But basically - it's done. Therefore it is no longer tagged as WIP.

2 hours ago, Yegie said:

So is the mod actually not compatible with Dark World or is it just untested?

It was untested bc I didn't have time for it, but now I'm pretty sure it's compatible. I forgot that DW is compatible with almost every mod out there.

However, DW Beyond Heresy is incompatible and needs a patch if you want to use it. But I would advise anyone to either use an older version of my mod (pre- 1.4) alongside Beyond Heresy or forgo DW:BH altogether as it seems to add features equivalent to the newest features of my mod (those concerning gender laws), except my mod doesn't touch religions at all.