V1.3

Marriage proposals:  Constantly getting spammed with them

Starting the Society:  Happens when you get a homosexual lover without paying the 250 gold startup fee

Conceiving a child:  30 gold, no options for father, did not take.  Two attempts at 85% fertility

Other than those three items, it is working good.  Got a kingdom of sapphic Elves going on in Wales right now.

V1.3

Marriage proposals:  Constantly getting spammed with them

Starting the Society:  Happens when you get a homosexual lover without paying the 250 gold startup fee

Conceiving a child:  30 gold, no options for father, did not take.  Two attempts at 85% fertility

Other than those three items, it is working good.  Got a kingdom of sapphic Elves going on in Wales right now.

Thank you, you're really helping me test out these changes.

This update was really huge compared to the others, so there were bound to be bugs.

And what do you mean by "no options for father?" I do not entirely understand.

I selected the option to conceive a child.  Thirty gold was removed from my treasury.

From what I understood about the changes in this version, there was supposed to fire a chain of events in order to choose who to conceive the child with.  Selected the option, waited a month, but nothing.  This might have been because my computer is not the best, and tends to slow down when there is a lot going on, which is pretty much what was happening at the time.

I will try again after restarting the game and waiting until things have calmed down again.

I selected the option to conceive a child.  Thirty gold was removed from my treasury.

From what I understood about the changes in this version, there was supposed to fire a chain of events in order to choose who to conceive the child with.  Selected the option, waited a month, but nothing.  This might have been because my computer is not the best, and tends to slow down when there is a lot going on, which is pretty much what was happening at the time.

I will try again after restarting the game and waiting until things have calmed down again.

The decision itself does not take the gold away from you. You only pay the gold in an event where you order a search for the future father. Did this event appear for you?

Then a week later the father should appear and you try to conceive a child with him. From then on you have 2 months to see if you were successful or not. If not, then an automatic event will give you an opportunity to try again or look for another man.

Which of these things have you done?

EDIT: I've found something in the decision script, which might be the cause of your bug, but I'm not sure. Uploading the patch in a minute.

The problem was on my end.  The game had been running for over two hours, and was getting very slow and buggy.  A revolt in Mercia, a war between Mercia and Gloucester, and a band of adventurers trying to seize one of my counties all happening at the same time.  Tried again just after restarting, and successfully conceived a child.

As far as testing this for you, I would much rather see something like this than random rapes and bestiality in my games.

The problem was on my end.  The game had been running for over two hours, and was getting very slow and buggy.  A revolt in Mercia, a war between Mercia and Gloucester, and a band of adventurers trying to seize one of my counties all happening at the same time.  Tried again just after restarting, and successfully conceived a child.

As far as testing this for you, I would much rather see something like this than random rapes and bestiality in my games.

Haha, thanks :D

Glad everything was sorted out in the end. You should still install the patch though.

As for rape... well, there is some of it in my mod, but it shouldn't occur very often. And it's presented as a very awful thing.

Plus, the new event chain for recruiting prisoners has something that would be legally classified as rape in the modern world.

But yeah, I want to keep it light.

One other thing I saw that I found a bit odd.

Mission: Convert and Recruit

I went to convert the target, but she had already changed her preferences.  I then proceeded to recruit her, but someone else already had.  Resulted in mission failure.

Turned out to be my second daughter that did the conversion and recruiting, since the lady in question immediately moved into her castle.

Graces in Society:  Queen, her wife, and the Crown Princess

My second daughter was a Muse

First, an observation.  Going full blast with a homosexual female society, I started noticing that all of the males in my realm were starting to turn homosexual as well.

Now, some off the wall questions and suggestions:

1.  I rarely play Islamics, but when I do, I never see any jealousy between the primary wife and secondary wives.  With some cultures you can also have concubines, with no jealousy between the wife and the concubines.  Is that something that is hard-coded into the game, or could it be added to reduce the constant jealousy of having multiple lovers?

2.  How hard would it be to add another option when you discover your court members in flagrante?  Something like, trying to join in for a threesome with a failure/success chance?  Also with the cheating spouse and jealous spouse.  Something like an option to join in, offer to share you lover, or failure chance where her jealousy increases?

As I said, I know nothing about programming things like these.  Just some off the wall thoughts that were running through my head today.

First, an observation.  Going full blast with a homosexual female society, I started noticing that all of the males in my realm were starting to turn homosexual as well.

It's absolutely possible. Maybe not all of the males, but there are a couple of reasons for a rise in male homosexuality.

First reason is the script for the vanilla childhood male homosexuality event. I don't like how it is written and I really want to fix it. It has a 11% higher chance of firing for a male child whose guardian is gay, regardless of their gender. Should be specified that the guardian has to be male. So in its current state a boy has a higher chance of turning gay if he is assigned a lesbian guardian, which makes no sense to me.

The other thing that could be the culprit is the event chain for wards that I've added in v1.2, I think. If it fires for a homosexual ward whose guardian has a second ward of the same sex as the first, then it is likely to turn that second ward homosexual as well. And when they grow up they would likely become lovers.

Now, some off the wall questions and suggestions:

1.  I rarely play Islamics, but when I do, I never see any jealousy between the primary wife and secondary wives.  With some cultures you can also have concubines, with no jealousy between the wife and the concubines.  Is that something that is hard-coded into the game, or could it be added to reduce the constant jealousy of having multiple lovers?

2.  How hard would it be to add another option when you discover your court members in flagrante?  Something like, trying to join in for a threesome with a failure/success chance?  Also with the cheating spouse and jealous spouse.  Something like an option to join in, offer to share you lover, or failure chance where her jealousy increases?

1. No, I don't think it's hard-coded, although it might be. The problem with this is that I have to track down every jealousy event there is and add new requirements to it. Currently there is a new little twist for the "Way of Life" spouse jealousy event - I've stopped it from firing if both of the spouses have the same lover.
You see, I don't want to remove it completely. Jealousy is a natural part of a relationship, it would be odd to not have it. But I guess I should add something for people who want to play as a polyamorous character. And I have something in mind.
Btw, the "Stress of Multiple Lovers" event has stopped firing completely. Have you noticed?
2. Very hard, but possible. In the vanilla game if you found your lover with someone else, you would have no option but to break up with them. Now it's unnecessary, because I've modified the script. So I kind of want to leave it at that for now.
Also, vanilla seduction scripts are some of the most complicated scripts in the game and I might break something, because I didn't write them myself.
For now I might just make a separate event or something.

Yes.  I did notice that the "Stressed" incidents have stopped firing.  Thank you for that.

I think that I had seven lovers and everything was going smoothly.  Suddenly, and I have reasons to believe that this was because she switched to a "War" focus, she started having affairs, complaining about my lovers, and challenging them to duels.  I believe I was down to just two lovers, including my wife, by the time she got off her war horse.  These incidents were firing every week, that was worse than the marriage proposal thing!

I have also noticed something similar with NPC Succubi.  They never level up their Succubi abilities . . . until they switch over to a "Seduction" focus while you are still holding the Blood Moon Ritual from Dark World:  Reborn.

Yes.  I did notice that the "Stressed" incidents have stopped firing.  Thank you for that.

I think that I had seven lovers and everything was going smoothly.  Suddenly, and I have reasons to believe that this was because she switched to a "War" focus, she started having affairs, complaining about my lovers, and challenging them to duels.  I believe I was down to just two lovers, including my wife, by the time she got off her war horse.  These incidents were firing every week, that was worse than the marriage proposal thing!

I have also noticed something similar with NPC Succubi.  They never level up their Succubi abilities . . . until they switch over to a "Seduction" focus while you are still holding the Blood Moon Ritual from Dark World:  Reborn.

Hmm, the "Way of Life" jealousy event does not allow women to challenge spouse's lovers to duels. Also, war focus does not add any special mechanics for this occasion, but it does make duels with lovers more likely... For men that is.

What can happen is that she tries to poison your lovers with high enough intrigue.

But if you're sure those were duels, then it's either content from another mod, or there is some hidden duel event that I am not aware of.

Two things I noticed.

The entire my wife has a female lover event incessantly fires.  Also for simple base Darkworld Reborn having a futa always results in a foot job when short circuiting to sex with your lover. ;)

Opinion:

In general your entire 'escape' mechanic from marriage is a bit OP and needs to be choked back.  Right now it's a forgone conclusion society members will divorce their husbands and move.  It needs to be a semi-rare event.

Two things I noticed.

The entire my wife has a female lover event incessantly fires.  Also for simple base Darkworld Reborn having a futa always results in a foot job when short circuiting to sex with your lover. ;)

Opinion:

In general your entire 'escape' mechanic from marriage is a bit OP and needs to be choked back.  Right now it's a forgone conclusion society members will divorce their husbands and move.  It needs to be a semi-rare event.

I'm sorry, I did not understand the first thing you've said.

As for futas and DW:R, I don't know anything about it, but as far as I've seen, there are no overlaps between our mods, so incompatibilities are very unlikely.

Opinion noted and I agree, actually, there should be a complete event chain with a chance of failure. I was just too lazy to make one. But I'll see what I can do for the next update.

The "Your wife has a lover" event starts popping up constantly, about on a weekly basis, as do the jealousy events.

As for the futas and Dark World:  Reborn, I believe that is a mechanic in Dark World.  I have never seen any other interaction pop up for a futa/female combination other than the footjob graphic.

Two things I noticed.

Opinion:

I'm sorry, I did not understand the first thing you've said.

As for futas and DW:R, I don't know anything about it, but as far as I've seen, there are no overlaps between our mods, so incompatibilities are very unlikely.

Opinion noted and I agree, actually, there should be a complete event chain with a chance of failure. I was just too lazy to make one. But I'll see what I can do for the next update.

What I meant on the first item was that if you are married and your wife has other lovers you constantly get the 'Spouse Suspects Real Love Affair' event.  Even when you pick the 'ignore' option of 'two women, let them play' it still fires quite frequently  Looking at the conditions for the event, it appears you have a ton of modifiers that crank down the likelihood of firing from 360 months to a very low amount by the time you add in all the multiples. 

Event ID = WoL.1000  The issue is with an Ambitious, Paranoid, Schemer with an intrigue focus adds so many cuts to the 'mean_time_to_happen' that it pops regularly.  Even if you ignore it because all my wives end up being lesbian whores. ;)  Confronting the spouse and or the lover will just tank the relationship, and even if the relationship is called off by the spouse or lover, she'll just get another lover in short order.  It then becomes a rinse and repeat issue.

What I meant on the first item was that if you are married and your wife has other lovers you constantly get the 'Spouse Suspects Real Love Affair' event.  Even when you pick the 'ignore' option of 'two women, let them play' it still fires quite frequently  Looking at the conditions for the event, it appears you have a ton of modifiers that crank down the likelihood of firing from 360 months to a very low amount by the time you add in all the multiples. 

Event ID = WoL.1000  The issue is with an Ambitious, Paranoid, Schemer with an intrigue focus adds so many cuts to the 'mean_time_to_happen' that it pops regularly.  Even if you ignore it because all my wives end up being lesbian whores. ;)  Confronting the spouse and or the lover will just tank the relationship, and even if the relationship is called off by the spouse or lover, she'll just get another lover in short order.  It then becomes a rinse and repeat issue.

Okay, gotcha. But still, this event is vanilla, I didn't make it fire so often. I guess I can modify it to appear only once or something.

Okay, gotcha. But still, this event is vanilla, I didn't make it fire so often. I guess I can modify it to appear only once or something.

One thing I noticed is you have if lovers = 2 then you give a multiplier of 0 at the end of your event.  That may be part of the issue.  If you multiply by 0 then mean_time_to_happen = immediately.  I'm thinking if women are in the society and lovers >= 2 then mean time to happen should = something like 100 so the event never fires, or rarely fires.

One thing I noticed is you have if lovers = 2 then you give a multiplier of 0 at the end of your event.  That may be part of the issue.  If you multiply by 0 then mean_time_to_happen = immediately.  I'm thinking if women are in the society and lovers >= 2 then mean time to happen should = something like 100 so the event never fires, or rarely fires.

Okay, I see now. That's a way old modifier that I forgot about and it should be removed. I'll post a patch now, but you can delete it yourself from your version of the mod.

The thing I wanted to go for with this is already added to the triggers, so no harm will be done.

And thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back to playing this after a brief break, and I'm enjoying it a lot.  But I do seem to have come across a bug.  After successfully having a child, but it turning out male, I can't attempt to conceive again.  Looking at the situation, there's a lot of factors, and I'm not sure which is coming into play.  My best bet is that it's because I got too 'notify your spouse you're pregnant' events -- the one that I think was added by this mod specifically and the generic 'will my husband believe it's his?' from the vanilla game.  When the son was born, I got the event that my wife 'graciously acknowledged' the kid, though he remains a non-legitimized bastard.  Now the intrigue menu choice to conceive isn't even there any more.

Let me know if there's any more info I can provide to help.  Other possible (but unlikely) factors that might come into play are that my character is now possessed, a lunatic, and a werewolf.  (Not Dark World werewolf, just generic vanilla game werewolf.)

Just got back to playing this after a brief break, and I'm enjoying it a lot.  But I do seem to have come across a bug.  After successfully having a child, but it turning out male, I can't attempt to conceive again.  Looking at the situation, there's a lot of factors, and I'm not sure which is coming into play.  My best bet is that it's because I got too 'notify your spouse you're pregnant' events -- the one that I think was added by this mod specifically and the generic 'will my husband believe it's his?' from the vanilla game.  When the son was born, I got the event that my wife 'graciously acknowledged' the kid, though he remains a non-legitimized bastard.  Now the intrigue menu choice to conceive isn't even there any more.

Let me know if there's any more info I can provide to help.  Other possible (but unlikely) factors that might come into play are that my character is now possessed, a lunatic, and a werewolf.  (Not Dark World werewolf, just generic vanilla game werewolf.)

Thanks for telling me that there are 2 "notify pregnant" events. This shouldn't be the case.

As for why the decision is gone... Well, it seems that it's because you're a lunatic. I used the vanilla useless_character_trigger for this decision, which I should've switched for another one that I've made for this mod. I've made the changes and will upload the new version shortly.

Update v1.33

Another small update that tweaks some minor issues and adds custom graphics to artifacts. Also, now you have an unlimited use of "Conceive a child" as long as you have the "Groom an heir" ambition. As always, add a comment if you see something that you think might be a bug.

I am currently taking a break from modding, due to having a lot of work that needs doing irl. I will still be checking this page for any posts from you guys, and if there are any bugs that need fixing, I'll do that immediately, so don't worry. I'll be back to modding in 2-3 weeks, when I'll finish making new events and maybe even start working on part 2 of the mod - all depends on how much free time I'll have.

Exactly what I was looking for, great mod.

I was kinda getting tired of hand-patching abandoned mods from workshop,

and forcing them to work together. This mod solves everything and is even a better solution

for my lesbian utopia. Were you thinking of enabling Enatic succession?

Enatic Kingdoms mod works after removing some events (to prevent blanks).

Please keep up the good work!  :D

Exactly what I was looking for, great mod.

I was kinda getting tired of hand-patching abandoned mods from workshop,

and forcing them to work together. This mod solves everything and is even a better solution

for my lesbian utopia. Were you thinking of enabling Enatic succession?

Enatic Kingdoms mod works after removing some events (to prevent blanks).

Please keep up the good work!  :D

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I have huge plans for enatic succession in the future. I am not sure when I will start updating the mod again, because I just have too much work on my hands atm, but you can expect a huge update in November if I start working on it in October.