Lesbocracy

Disclaimers (yes, there are a few):
1. This mod was not intended to propagate any socio-political views or ideas, whether pro- or anti-LGBT, pro- or anti-feminism. It's just a thing that I've made for anyone to enjoy at their leisure. That's it.

2. I condemn any and all radical political or religious ideologies and organizations.

Support me on Patreon! Please? I'm very hungry...

Check out Lesbocracy on Steam Workshop.

Check out this addon by Trioculus

Started off as just a society for lesbian characters, now this mod offers new mechanics for female rulers, including a way to kick-start a feminist revolution a few centuries early. This mod was partly inspired by some of the radical lesbian feminist movements of the 20 century.

Lesbocracy

WARNING: This mod should be played with "Gender Equality" set to "Default", otherwise... well, nothing will really happen, but some features may become completely pointless

IMPORTANT!!! Read the spoiler before starting to play!

Spoiler

Compatibility with other mods:

If you have CK2Plus - make sure you've installed the correct version of the mod.
If you gave HIP - uninstall any modules that are incompatible, that is, all of them except those that change insignificant things like portraits.

Disable the following mods:

Eugenics Mod

Polyamory

Seduce Anyone

Ancient Religions Reborn

Immortality Revisited

Sin's Genocide Mod

Married Lesbians

Legalized Gay Marriage

Any other mods that add same-sex marriage (they will break immersion)

Any mods that enable enatic succession laws (they will just break everything)

Mods that remove India

Republic Equality (unless you've installed School of Sappho, then it's a requirement)

Other mods that allow females to run merchant republics (their functionality is already implemented in this mod)

Heir Designation for Everyone

Terminus of the Silk Road

Mods that alter succession laws and the council

School of Sappho (for obvious reasons - it's the same mod, but this one is bigger)

Any total conversion mods like AGOT

When starting a new game:

As you start your new game, make sure "Gender Equality" is set to "Default".
Do not start your game as a nomad or Muslim:

Muslims have Iqta, so you are not likely to get a female heir, which means you will have no way to make use of the mod's features when your character dies (though you still can if you're lucky and you live long enough);

Nomads do not have any content at all.

Please do not use console commands to get all the laws and techpoints you need as fast as possible. There are events that fire ONLY in the period before you pass any of the "Female Authority" laws. You are not making the game easier - you're making it more boring.

If you decide to skip the info provided in the spoiler above and then go on to report any "bugs", please don't be surprised if I'm not as polite or helpful with you as I am with other people. If you did read through the spoiler and you still have some technical issues, I will do my best to get them fixed.

Also - I can take a look at the mods you use to see which ones are potentially incompatible. However, I'd be really-really-really-really grateful if you provide me with links to them or send them to me in an archive or something, so that I could spend my time more efficiently and give you an answer much sooner.

Description:

Meant for people who like to play female/lesbian characters in Crusader Kings 2, this mod offers 3 paths to reshape the society in your image, depending on your starting point:

1. For European/West Asian feudal characters.
    Take inspiration from the Ancient Greek culture and organise an underground lesbian circle with a focus on education and culture. Spend your days in the company of women to satisfy your base needs or focus on literature and scholarship to boost Tolerance in your capital and pave the way for the rise of a world where opportunities are equal for women and men... Or go even further and remove men from the equation entirely, creating a gynarchic society, but risk large-scale uprisings and interventions from foreign patriarchal nations.

2. For Indian an Tibetan characters.
    Join the infamous Golden Orchid and vow never to marry men, and live out your life in celibacy or in a partnership with a female lover. You will have to adopt daughters to further your line and keep to your vow, because if you are found out to have slept with a man, you will be banished from the society.

3. For tribal and/or pagan rulers [WIP]
    A powerful chieftess can reorganise her tribe and set up new traditions, creating a matriarchy. Carry out new rituals and use your new powers to help your realm survive, but do not forget that your male vassals may not be so pleased by the new order.

There is no content for nomadic characters at the moment.

You will not be able to start out as a female leader of a Merchant Republic either, however you can create one as a tribal Chieftess, or you can start as a male patrician and eventually pass the Full Status of Women law in your republic, which will open up the option to pass your House to a female heir. From then on your path will be the same as for feudal European characters.

Whichever path you take, you will eventually get a choice to create a gynarchy which will make all men ineligible to hold landed titles - except for theocracies if your religion doesn't allow women to hold temples. You will then have a choice: to keep things as they are, convert to a religion that allows female priests or force a theocratic reform, eventually making all your vassal bishops female.

For a more full overview of the mod's features, visit this webpage.

How is this mod different from other female-centric mods?

In contrast to all the mods that just unlock enatic laws, Lesbocracy offers a logically justifiable way to unlock enatic succession through gameplay. Also, being a mod that centers around lesbianism, it adds new flavor events and decisions specifically designed for lesbian characters.

Requirements (-ish):
- Crusader Kings II, the main game (v3.0 at least);

- Conclave (needed for the Status of Women law);
- Way of Life;
- Monks&Mystics;

- Legacy of Rome (optional).

If you're playing with School of Sappho, you will need a version of CK2 from 2.8.2 to 2.8.3.4, you also need to install Republic Equality, which is a requirement for School of Sappho to work properly.

Installation:
1. Download the mod and unpack it;
2. Throw everything into the "C:....Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod" folder;
3. Open the launcher and tick the box that says "Lesbocracy";
4. When starting a new game make sure your "Gender Equality" setting is set to "Default".

Tips&tricks:

• If you have 2 lovers instead of 1 when you are creating the School of Sappho, both of them will be given the 4th rank;
  • When recruiting, target your lovers, friends & close relatives first to avoid a cooldown;
  • Recruit characters with lovers - they will recruit their lovers, friends & close relatives automatically;
  • Use the "Mark for recruitment" power to have other members recruit a certain character. It's useful if the character is still too young and you want her to be recruited as soon as she comes of age, or if your suspicion levels are too high and you want to lay low for awhile. Be mindful, though - this power will not have any effect if the character is not eligible for recruitment by any other member of the society;
  • All the tips listed above don't apply to members of the Golden Orchid. Instead, your adopted daughters will get the option to join the Golden Orchid themselves when they reach adulthood;
  • Most of the decisions that require a focus to be unlocked will still be available to you if you have a lifestyle trait related to that focus. For example, if you want to Convert some woman into lesbianism, you will need to have the Seduction focus, however, if you get the "Master Seductress" trait, that decision will still be available to you, if you decide to pick a different focus;
  • You can still seduce your fellow society members at any time, even if you don't have the Seduction focus;
  • If you're tribal, don't worry if your heir doesn't have the "Homosexual" trait. You can still get it pretty easily through the available decisions.
  • Some events can...

...kill you, use caution

Possible issues:

- "I'm not getting the option to marry my lover" - It does not unlock immediately upon the creation of the society - you have to wait about 60 - 70 years;

- "I'm not receiving any new missions" - If you are the Mistress, you need to have at least one other Grace (4th rank member) to give you the missions;
- "The text does not fit into the event window" - Yeah, I might have overlooked that. Tell me which event it is and I will fix it;
- "I've launched the [insert decision name], but nothing happened!" - Oops, I've mixed up the scopes again!

- "After the threesome event, my spouse didn't get any new lovers" - Yes, she did, you just can't see them because the game doesn't allow you to. Use the debug mode to see them.

Read the FAQ on Steam Workshop for more info.

Compatibility:
- Make sure your game is at least v3.0;
- Install any available patches for other mods;

- Check if the other mod overwrites "common/laws/succession_laws.txt". If it does - it's incompatible.
- Any mod that changes the sound.sfx file in the interface folder might mess with my mod. Delete the sound.sfx from my mod, it's not really important;
- Don't use this mod in conjunction with total conversion mods (e.g. A Game of Thrones), because it will not be lore-friendly and besides that some unexpected issues might arise;
- This mod overwrites a couple of vanilla files. If some other mod overwrites the same files... some things might not work properly.

Mods that should be compatible:
Dark World: Reborn
Darkest Perversions

DWR: Beyond Heresy

Compatibility patch needed (in the downloads section)
Ck2Plus

Incompatible mods:
Christianity Mod

Eugenics mod
CK2:AGOT (though there should be a patch for it some day)
Same Gender Succession - I'm told that it causes weird bugs with children's dynasties
Any total conversion mods

Tutorial for creating compatibility patches:

1. Look for files with the same name in both mods;

2. In "Lesbocracy" versions of these files search for entries with the [edited by LES] comment;

3. Copy these entries into the other file;

4. ... Profit

Suggestions for future features: 

I am taking suggestions for new features on this forum and on Steam Workshop. If you have any ideas on how to improve this mod, you're welcome to share them.

Keep in mind, however, that the suggestions have to be in line with the overall theme of the mod.

I will not add:

1. A lesbian religion;
  2. Any crazy magical powers, unless they were somehow mentioned in any historical documents;
  3. Immaculate conception, including female-female impregnation;
  4. Any events depicting sexual intercourse involving non-adult characters (as defined by Paradox Interactive) or any sexually suggestive events where an underage character may be considered as being a victim of the described events. Kissing, holding hands and platonic relationships between underage characters are fair game.

Credits:
- Paradox Interactive - for creating this amazing strategy game hire me!;
- TomatoEddie - a wonderful composer who created the soundtrack for this mod;

- livevil - for making the society background image;

- @Jane Titties (seriously, that's how she asked me to credit her, I'm not even joking; hey, Jane! did you think I'd just let this go? no way xD) - writer;
- A host of classical artists, whose work is not protected by copyright, because they dead;
- And a couple of artists who are very much alive, but I couldn't really find their names to credit them properly (don't sue me);
- Muffinuh - former authenticity adviser and tester

Full change log:

v1.7
- New society background by livevil
- paintings and sculptures now only provide bonuses to adult characters
- players will now only be able to adopt their partners' children into their dynasties after passing "Female Superiority"
- removed real fathers from the pool of breeders
- fixed the bug where you couldn't grant titles to some characters
- tweaked the conditions for when the society should be visible
- fixed typos in localization
- added missing localization

v1.69.6
- added a small event chain from the upcoming mod where a wife, feeling guilty about her love affairs, finds a "male concubine" for her homosexual husband
- marriage decision no longer appears for priests of religions that do not allow priests to marry
- rulers with a scheming focus can no longer confront their spouses about the lovers they share
- characters whose "one true love" has died will now only mourn for two years before moving on and looking for new partners (and not for the rest of their lives)
- rewritten parts of the "Studying" event chain to make them less corny
- added new option for prisoner induction - have them stay at your court
- fixed a typo in one of the scripted triggers
- updated les_society.txt with practical_age triggers
- fixed the duration of an opinion modifier in LES.3026 event
- fixed a few grammatical errors in localization
- updated sound.sfx
- resolved compatibility issues with "The House of O - A Society for BDSM"

v1.69.5
- "Upset by Succession Law Change" is now not stacking to fix the constant decrease of vassal opinion
- all immortality checks were replaced, so now the game won't let old-looking characters do seduction-related things just because they have the "immortal" trait. Age restrictions do not apply to characters who became immortal at a young age.
- working at the hospital now only possible if your capital province has a hospital built
- working at the hospital now blocks other activities, including seclusion, which can lead to the player's infection if an epidemic breaks out
- also fixed a few bugs with the same event
- In the "Conceive a Child" event (threesome option) spouse's impregnation script moved to a separate event to fix clashing with ROOT's impregnation script
- removed unnecessary limiters on any_lover scopes in the orgy event chain
- rebalanced orgy event weights to increase event variety
- replaced duplicate event id-s
- replaced faulty scripted effect for a correct one
- fixed minor bugs in les_improve.txt
- fixed several misspelled picture keys

v1.69 (giggity)
- removed unnecessary triggers blocks from orgies that blocked the events from firing
- added a few extra conditions for the orgy decisions
- added extra conditions to certain orgy events to make them work as designed
- added new pre-triggers to most decisions to improve performance
- conditions that prevented married muslim women from joining now do not count women in lesbian marriages and female rulers
- in the "young love" event, switched age_diff with just "age" for both parties
- removed unnecessary custom loc

v1.68
- added a long-promised and long-forgotten feature - new flavor events for re-seduction of former lovers
- added icons for enatic and enatic-cognatic laws
- fixed a bug with rewards for finishing research after "Female Superiority" has been passed
- fixed a bug where female vassals would join the agnatic succession faction
- added a do_not_disturb flag to the orgy decision
- added a missing pre-trigger to the recruit_prisoner decision
- fixed an old scope bug in the recruit_prisoner event chain and made it so that concubines are freed from concubinage if they accept

v1.67
- added an event that allows monogamous characters to seek new relationships if their lover dies
- fixed a bug with vassals' status of women laws

v1.66
- fixed a bug with revolt chance modifiers being applied over and over again
- orgies now give a small increase in prosperity

v1.65
- improved effectiveness of the "monogamy" event
- fixed the despot and patrician heir minor titles
- removed unused event options
- fixed an oversight on my part with Ck2Plus Republic Equality dependencies

v1.64
- Removed almost all scripts in "Female Authority" crown laws to improve performance; now the game should handle the gender law change automatically, albeit more slowly
- fixed compatibility issues with Ck2Plus, updated the patch
- removed the demand_enatic targetted decision due to it being practically useless now
- simplified the "Change gender succession" targetted decision to make it stop clashing with succession laws
- fixed some minor bugs with the "daughter's lover" event chain
- expanded gfx library
and of course:
- added orgies to the game

v1.63
- replaced the bugged les_laws with its unbugged version

v1.62
- fixed minor titles appearing twice

v1.61
- tweaked the self-improvement event to stop it removing the "zealous" trait from pagans
- rolled back all the edits to the succession laws made by "Republic Equality" that were unnecessary or didn't make sense in the context of the mod. Now merchant republics should start off exactly as in vanilla - with no gender laws.
- fixed the legitimizing mechanic and tweaked it to account for new laws
- modified all the vanilla minor titles to account for new laws

v1.6
- made enatic succession available for duke- and count-tier independent characters
- limited the number of "daughter's lover" events firing to 1 per lover

v1.59
- Fixed conditions for Casus Belli
- daughter's lover event now has a correct trigger
- fixed some syntax errors
- fixed scopes in ze_demesne_laws
- corrected several loc errors

v1.58
- Fixed definitions in the succession laws potential blocks

v1.57
- Fixed recalc_succession commands

v1.56
- landed ai spouse of the player character will not use the pregnancy decision anymore
- hopefully finally fixed the loc for the marriage event
- edited sapphics_research events and loc to be more in line with social opinions
- fixed the bugs with faction events (wrong ids and loc)
- corrected many mistakes in coding (too many to list all)
- reworked and simplified the succession laws (again)

v1.55
- New Casus Belli
- implementing "Female Superiority" and "Lesbian Tyranny" now causes revolts
- replaced society membership conditions with a scripted trigger
- "attitude towards lesbians" events now tied to a global variable
- New factions to re-institute and abolish agnatic succession
- added new government flavors for realms with enatic succession
- added a "monogamy event" that reduces the character's lover's chances of cheating
- added the "daughter's lover" event chain, which was promised a looong time ago
- removed the vanilla 00_focuses.txt file as it is obsolete

v1.52
- Fixed the requirements for "Lesbian Tyranny"

v1.51
- Fixed the bug with not being able to pass "Notable status of women" law
- Updated the "Republic equality" compatibility patch

v1.50
- New events that reflect the attitude towards lesbians in the society. From now on the persecution of lesbians and the option of lesbian marriage are tied to these events.
- New crown laws to enforce gender succession laws in every holding in every county in the whole realm
- the Pope or any other religious leader (that is not a lesbian) may become concerned with your choice of partners
- tweaked the marriage decision potential to make it work in case the PC becomes a chancellor
- added the option for GM to change the recruitment policy
- tweaked some vanilla stuff to make it compatible with enatic laws (minor titles, ambitions)
- Demand enatic power can now be used by anyone provided that ROOT is vassal or below, GM can use it on non-vassals as well
- children ruling in their own right can be forced to implement more female-friendly succession laws if they have agnatic
- lesbian couples should stop "pumping out a unit every 9 months" now
- removed the dynasty_decisions file, which is now obsolete
- jealousy events now appear appropriately
- fixed seduction "via poem"
- scholarship focus no longer required for independent project if given the appropriate mission
- twins in 5% of pregnancies
- added a small tweak to the vanilla files which allows lesbian seductresses (and gay seducers) to seduce non-homosexual characters of the opposite sex. Common sense, yeah?
- fixed "infatuation turned into love" event not appearing

v1.42
- updated the original game files with the new ones
- marked which events and decisions are edited by the mod (for other modders, just search for the [edited by LES] comment)
- fixed a scope on one of the les_adolescence events
- fixed the vanilla old gods blot female homosexual bug
- Tolerance tech increase per society member now spreads across all demesne provinces in addition to the capital

v1.41
- "Demand enatic" should now work correctly in all cases

v1.4 Crusader Kings II v2.8 required
- enatic(-cognatic) succession added, new powers to enforce enatic succession on baron-tier vassals or society members
- marrying men will decrease your visibility
- rebalanced ai_will_do for all decisions
- fixed an old but very rare bug where a weird unfinished event window would appear for no reason
- tribal/nomadic characters with feudal lieges can be recruited now
- fixed the bastard trait not appearing on a child if his/her real father is dead
- fixed AI society members spamming pregnancies when they have agnatic succession
- AI will now legitimize male children if they have agnatic succession

v1.36
- Threesomes
- All types of recruitment can now backfire and they do so more often
- AI will focus on recruiting powerful characters rather than unlanded ones
- Slower rate of recruitment for AI
- fixed loc for several events
- less shiny background for people with sensitive eyes

v1.35
- New soundtrack by TomatoEddie
- New event ~every 5 years that will allow to start the society more quickly without console commands
- put a limit on a number of courtiers that can move to your court (yes, it is 69 now)
- there is a benefit to having many society members in your court
- random stat-improving events will not fire for characters older than 30. They can still fire as a reward for completing the "education" event chain
- force_marriage removed, to be replaced by a new event chain
- bumped up the chance of pregnancy by ~40%
- minor localization fixes
- fixed path for artifact gfx

v1.34
- added a missing bracket to the decisions

v1.33
- Added unlimited use of "Conceive a child" for characters with the "Groom an heir" ambition
- Paintings and sculptures have new gfx
- Assigned a new trigger to "Conceive a child"
- Improved triggers for vanilla "pregnancy starts showing" events

v1.32
- Removed a buggy mtth modifier

v1.31
- Balanced the ai marriage proposal probability
- Fixed the ai society creation script
- Small scope change for "Conceive a child" option

v1.3
- Added multiplayer compatibility
- Completely new mechanics for the pregnancy decision
- Re-added the vanilla "teenage infatuation turned into love" event
- New targetted decision that allows to recruit prisoners
- AI can target the player with marriage again
- Fixed the bug where newborn child got the wrong dynasty if mother got married after getting pregnant
- Legitimizing now available for wife's children, unless she is a ruler herself (via event)
- Unlanded characters over 50 years old with ranks 1-3 will be kicked out
- Re-worked the vanilla AI rank-up system
- Added diplomatic range onto most targetted decisions
- New members will now mostly be recruited from areas within diplomatic range of the society's founder, slowly moving outwards
- Fixed some events showing up for members of other societies

v1.2
- Added new event chains for wards (both male and female, does not require involvement with the society, but is likelier if guardian is a member)
- all recruitment decisions now have an age cap of 45 years for mortal characters
- added new power to 4 rank members - "Order conversion". Now if you're too old, you can give the "Conversion" mission to your sisters to carry out in your stead.
- reduced the amount of text in events that had too much of it
- fixed conditions for "Convert", now you won't get its respective mission targetting your relatives, unless you're zoroastrian
- "Convert" now available with opinion above 0
- "Convert" and "Recruit" now fire a bit more often for landed characters, and a whole lot more (but less than for landed) for courtiers
- added same conditions for lesbian marriage
- "Convert" now only available once every 3 months
- final event in "Convert" event chain now can make the target your lover if you don't have any
- finally fixed the "Student of Lesbos" event, that popped up for no reason
- removed the requirement to not be in seclusion for the "independent project" event chain and "start lessons" decision
- cleaned the scripts with Audax Validator
- cosmetic changes to some events
- added husband opinion modifiers for "Kidnap"
- fixed the scopes on "Divorce wife" and "Kidnap"
- Pregnancy decision now has a limit on a number of children you can have (max of 5 children unless you don't have a daughter)
- also, AI does not fire it that often any more
- stopped AI legitimizing bastard sons, unless there are absolutely no daughters
- AI is more careful with all decisions
- fixed duplicate event ID's
- Improved event descriptions

v1.1
- fixed a very stupid mistake in the script of "Spartan training", that killed the whole event chain
- fixed some immediates for the same mission
- added requirements to creating the society and recruiting characters to the society, which will prevent these characters from being immediately kicked out
- added new flavors for a very common mission
- fixed scope for "Kidnap" power
- new event pictures

v1.05
- added power "Kidnap wife" (nothing special, just a way to extract married society members from foreign courts)
- improved AI migration logic (again) - characters will not migrate from courts where their parents are located, because it causes some unwanted behaviour
- fixed the bug where the letter ending the research mission was sent by the characters themselves
- "Convert" no longer available in harems
- boosted the chance of lesbian marriage for courtiers
- publishing your work non-anonymously will increase your visibility, but the rewards will be greater

patch v1.01
- tweaked the "Mark for recruitment" power
- fixed a small bug that made characters loop in and out of court

v1.0 (2017-08-27)
- added power "Mark for recruitment"
- added "Divorce former lover" power
- new option for poets in the seduction event (not vanilla "quote poetry", but a different "dedicate poem" approach)
- spurn chance for "Seduce" decision is no longer 0
- fixed the initial scopes for Spartan training mission
- fixed the flags not clearing after doing research event chain outside the mission
- improved the AI migration logic
- added the option for AI to recruit lovers, friends and relatives at rank 1
- tweaked the "Convert" decision chance for AI
- gave the AI the ability to recruit random characters from the same court
- removed the lover auto-recruit for player character (now you must recruit your lovers&friends manually)
- no longer able to have more than 3 Graces upon society creation
- fixed the "Convert" mission for AI
- nerfed the recruitment rate by AI
- tweaked the brightness of that awful interface (don't hate me senpai)

v0.9 initial release

I have been playing with your mod for a little bit and all I can say is: Great Mod!

However I have found one bug/annoyance in it:

-If you have a lover in the society they can use the marry lover option and become your wife and you cant stop it.

There are two rather easy fixes I can see for this:
-Add an event you have to agree to in order for wedding to happen 

-Prevent them from targeting you with it.

I have been playing with your mod for a little bit and all I can say is: Great Mod!

However I have found one bug/annoyance in it:

-If you have a lover in the society they can use the marry lover option and become your wife and you cant stop it.

There are two rather easy fixes I can see for this:

-Add an event you have to agree to in order for wedding to happen 

-Prevent them from targeting you with it.

Thank you! :)

Issue noted, fixed.

Will test ASAP!

Meanwhile, that society texture... I'd reconsider using one of the vanilla ones for the background while keeping the new icon. Or at least nerfing the luminosity and increasing the contrast in the current one, since it is already a retint of a vanilla one, anyway (this is only from what I can see from the screenshot, since I can't play ATM).

Meanwhile, that society texture... I'd reconsider using one of the vanilla ones for the background while keeping the new icon. Or at least nerfing the luminosity and increasing the contrast in the current one, since it is already a retint of a vanilla one, anyway (this is only from what I can see from the screenshot, since I can't play ATM).

Hey, perhaps you could make a new one? :)

I think I just might take your advice when I update the mod... unless some people actually like it lol. But I'd rather not experiment on the background anymore, because this version of it is by far not the first one - others were much, much worse  :s

I'm loving this so far!  I've only come across a single bug.  I got the society mission to undertake Spartan training.  I used the intrigue choice to kick it off, and the trainer arrived at my court promptly.  And then... nothing.  It's been ten years, and I still haven't gotten any further progress on the mission.  The previous mission I tried (working at a hospital) went just fine, but this one seems to have stalled.

I also couldn't figure out how to try to teach my daughter the ways of loving women, but she apparently turned lesbian immediately upon turning 16 anyway -- is it automatic?

Thanks for the great mod, and I can't wait to see what you do with it next.

I'm loving this so far!  I've only come across a single bug.  I got the society mission to undertake Spartan training.  I used the intrigue choice to kick it off, and the trainer arrived at my court promptly.  And then... nothing.  It's been ten years, and I still haven't gotten any further progress on the mission.  The previous mission I tried (working at a hospital) went just fine, but this one seems to have stalled.

I also couldn't figure out how to try to teach my daughter the ways of loving women, but she apparently turned lesbian immediately upon turning 16 anyway -- is it automatic?

Thanks for the great mod, and I can't wait to see what you do with it next.

I've looked into the bug and it's the scopes again, sorry. I will fix it today. Might add new features to it too.

The daughter thing - yes, it's automatic. Female wards get an increased chance of getting the homosexual trait depending on their guardian's rank and if their mother is homosexual or not. I've also modified the "homosexual ward" event for guardians slightly. There are also more flavor events planned concerning this subject.

But there is an event, in which you can make your daughter a lesbian "manually" so to speak.

Good to know.  I've also noticed one more bug as I've played more: the 'independent project' event chains seem to be a bit muddled.  Most notably, I've taken the path where you write a paper to gain some technology points, and completed it.  Later, I would take another path -- painting, for instance -- and get the event to publish the research again.

Other than that, I've been greatly enjoying everything about the mod.  Building a dynasty of lesbian queens of Italy is right up my alley!

Good to know.  I've also noticed one more bug as I've played more: the 'independent project' event chains seem to be a bit muddled.  Most notably, I've taken the path where you write a paper to gain some technology points, and completed it.  Later, I would take another path -- painting, for instance -- and get the event to publish the research again.

Other than that, I've been greatly enjoying everything about the mod.  Building a dynasty of lesbian queens of Italy is right up my alley!

Glad you like it! :)

But I'm not entirely sure why this bug came about - perhaps some flags weren't removed. I've never seen it. I'll be checking it out right now, I'll try to post the fixed version later today.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps a lot!

EDIT: Found the source of the bug - there was a letter event that removed all flags, which used to fire every time you chose this decision, even when not on a mission. It doesn't fire any more if you don't have the mission.

v1.0  v1.05 is out! A few new small features and a bunch of fixes. I will finally be testing the mod myself, because I barely had any time since first publishing it before now! If you notice anything wrong with the mod, let me know! Thanks!

Edit: sorry about pumping out an update every few hours, I've finally gotten a day off and I want to make the most of it. There will likely be no updates for a week, apart from some bugfixes, if you guys find any bugs that is. Cheers!

Problem:

Got the maid lover, made her a mistress, enabled access to the creation of the society.

Pay 250 gold to create the society.

Immediately get kicked out of the society for not being a Shia Muslim (Catholic).

Get recruited into the society (just a few days later).

No access to the society because I am not a member.

This has now happened to me twice.  Using V1.05.

Probable cause:

I was waiting until January of 774 when I could choose a new ambition and change my focus before starting the society.

Creating the society in 773, as soon as i could, resulted in the correct behavior.

Problem:

Got the maid lover, made her a mistress, enabled access to the creation of the society.

Pay 250 gold to create the society.

Immediately get kicked out of the society for not being a Shia Muslim (Catholic).

Get recruited into the society (just a few days later).

No access to the society because I am not a member.

This has now happened to me twice.  Using V1.05.

Probable cause:

I was waiting until January of 774 when I could choose a new ambition and change my focus before starting the society.

Creating the society in 773, as soon as i could, resulted in the correct behavior.

Holy hell, that's a new one. I was about to post an update, but I guess I'll look into your problem first.

For the record, I've never had that problem before. Are you celibate by any chance?

Edit: the Shia thing is probably left over from vanilla files. I didn't add it for sure. Not sure how the focus thing could be relevant either. Oh, by the way - you can't be tribal. I'll put new requirements into the creation decision.

Thanks for the "can't be tribal" warning.  I had restarted in tribal Ireland. :))

I was wondering if it was because I was creating the society prior to receiving an invitation?  I know that I had a female lover, but she did not have the "Homosexual" trait before I created the society. 

By the way, I did have a female lover with the "Homosexual" trait in tribal Ireland before starting the society this time.  Still got the message immediately kicking me out because I was not of the "True Faith", i.e. Shia Muslim.

Thanks for the "can't be tribal" warning.  I had restarted in tribal Ireland. :))

I was wondering if it was because I was creating the society prior to receiving an invitation?  I know that I had a female lover, but she did not have the "Homosexual" trait before I created the society. 

By the way, I did have a female lover with the "Homosexual" trait in tribal Ireland before starting the society this time.  Still got the message immediately kicking me out because I was not of the "True Faith", i.e. Shia Muslim.

Okay, there's a lot to unpack here. First, I managed to replicate your problem, and the same thing would have happened if you were nomad, tribal (which you were) or if you had the celibate trait. The message you've received used the vanilla loc file (that's why it said smth about Shia). I should create some new strings for this event, so thanks for pointing out the problem :)

Second, creating the society does not require any invitations or events to happen - you're free to do it at any point in the game (unless someone else creates it first ;) ).

Having a female lover is a requirement for creating the society, but if she does not have the Homosexual trait, she will be kicked out very soon, just like you were.

So now I'll be adding those strings, and there will be a medium-sized update very soon!

v1.1 is available for download! This time I've finally fixed the "Spartan training" mission. At least it worked for me. Twice. Also, the scopes for powers added by v1.05 were fixed. I've seen the messages telling me that there was this bug, but I wanted to release a fix with a new version, which took too long to make (I meant to release it on Monday at first). So, my bad. Some requirements were re-worked, so now you shouldn't find yourself kicked out of the society unexpectedly.

The second biggest thing (apart from the "Spartan" mission), is that I've added some variety to a certain event, that comes up very often in my game. Basically, I've been writing some steamy fan-fiction in my spare time. Hope it's not too horrible  :D  Shout and throw tomatoes at me if it is.

As you may have already figured out, I plan to take this mod much farther. I won't be revealing too much right now about my ultimate goal. But I will share with you some of my plans for the immediate future.

So, as of now, there is barely any content for adolescent characters, apart from the increased chance for wards to get the vanilla "Homosexual" event. I plan to focus on the theme of 12-15 year old characters exploring their sexuality. Some events for their parents/guardians will also be added, so that they could take part in their upbringing. Explicit sexual content for underage characters will not be added. Not now, not ever.

And as always, tell me as soon as you see any bugs. Fixing them is my top priority atm. Thanks!

I think I might have found part of the problem for me.  I have been playing with Dark World Beyond Heresy active, and it was after I started using that mod that I began experiencing this bug.  Although Dark World Beyond Heresy does not modify any of the gender laws, it does modify the inheritance laws.  After deactivating that, I was able to start the society with no problem.

Going to install the update now and take it for a spin.  From what I have seen of this mod so far, I am greatly enjoying it when I can get it to work.  Thank you for all the effort you are putting in to this.

One question regarding those plans, since adolescents dealing with discovering sexuality is also a theme I'd like to explore, doesn't that go against this site's rules of "all characters must be +18"?

Vanilla CK2 does that already by making everyone adult at 16 so technically any adult content mod for ck2 would fall foul of this rule.

I think I might have found part of the problem for me.  I have been playing with Dark World Beyond Heresy active, and it was after I started using that mod that I began experiencing this bug.  Although Dark World Beyond Heresy does not modify any of the gender laws, it does modify the inheritance laws.  After deactivating that, I was able to start the society with no problem.

Going to install the update now and take it for a spin.  From what I have seen of this mod so far, I am greatly enjoying it when I can get it to work.  Thank you for all the effort you are putting in to this.

Yeah, other mods can be a problem, because I don't use any apart from my own mods, so I've developed this one without having compatibility in mind. So DW with all the submods may cause some nasty glitches. I do plan to make some patches or something to improve compatibility with Dark World sometime in September. But as I said - I don't use it, never got hooked by the whole concept.

One question regarding those plans, since adolescents dealing with discovering sexuality is also a theme I'd like to explore, doesn't that go against this site's rules of "all characters must be +18"?

As chefren said - CK2 already breaks the rules by regarding 16-year-olds as adults :) But I should have been clearer in my original post (which I've modified by now) - I'm not adding explicit sexual content for adolescents (as defined by Paradox). What I have in mind is something like "My daughter has been spending a lot of time with some other girl, how should I react?" and other stuff like that.

i have more then enough money got two lovers and am not celibate or any thing but i don't see the decision in the intrigue am i missing some thing?

If you have completed the first two points of the "How to unlock the content in-game" section, you should already see the decision. If you still don't see it, it's either:

a. You haven't activated my mod in the launcher

b. You have a mod activated that replaces paths, which makes it incompatible with my mod. You can either deactivate that mod, which would be the solution I would recommend. Or you could take my mod's files and jam them into that other mod folder, which could work in theory. Or it could break that mod.

Does this work with the AGOT mod?

No, it doesn't. It's not ASOIAF lore-friendly as well.

AGOT is a total conversion mod, so installing my mod along with AGOT will have no effect on the game.

Making a version of my mod that fits with the lore is not very high on my to-do list right now, but I should get round to it eventually.

Quick update on your problem. So I've downloaded DW and DW Beyond Heresy and checked if there are any incompatibilities with my mod. And I have to say - DW is very well put together! There is absolutely no overlap with my mod or any other mod for that matter. My own mod is much less "clean" in that sense. As for Beyond Heresy - it modifies decadence events and succession, as you've pointed out. I haven't even begun modding succession yet, so that's not a problem. And it shouldn't be hard to whip up a small compatibility patch when the time comes.

So, if those are the only mods you have, compatibility is not an issue.

Don't go tribal - convert to feudal and find a lesbian lover for your character and all should be working nicely.