Vadermania ( FP animations and stuff ) [WIP]

13 minutes ago, pepertje said:

could work well enough as an intermediate solution

The File size could become an issue kinda quick^^

Not necessarily for AAF, but a single 5000 frames anim (one stage of one anim) is not particulary small, and of course those would add up...

feel free to disregard my noobishness. But from my understanding, the issue is that the animation will not loop with the current system?  From what i know about the code in other games, I do see a potential workaround (granted i haven't dived in myself).  Each animation has to be called at some point. As of now the animation should be able to be theoretically called at least once right?  How hard would it be to add an "idle"  or basically a static frame, and then immediately call the animation again? It might require a script to pull off but it could work.... then again I havent seen the problem with my own eyes, so im not 100 percent clear on the issue at hand anywho.

10 hours ago, vistigious said:

But from my understanding, the issue is that the animation will not loop with the current system?

Pretty much that.

10 hours ago, vistigious said:

How hard would it be to add an "idle"  or basically a static frame, and then immediately call the animation again?

And thats the thing that does not work.

I tried to split the animation in two pieces and build a sequence out of these, so that initially the first half gets called by script/AAF or whatever, and the second half gets called by an animevent that's send at the last frame of the first anim.

The second anim would then call the first anim again by sending an anim event at the last frame, which creates an infinite loop.

But that does not work because havok "locks" after calling the first anim, so the call for the second anim does nothing.

It is possible to reset to the vanilla idle anim after each anim just to make room to call the 2nd anim, but it takes a fair amount of time to flush the 1st anim so the 2nd one can be called, which results in seeing the vanilla idle for about 10 -15 frames which is obviously not an option.

On 6/23/2018 at 6:04 AM, Vader666 said:

Pretty much that.

And thats the thing that does not work.

I tried to split the animation in two pieces and build a sequence out of these, so that initially the first half gets called by script/AAF or whatever, and the second half gets called by an animevent that's send at the last frame of the first anim.

The second anim would then call the first anim again by sending an anim event at the last frame, which creates an infinite loop.

But that does not work because havok "locks" after calling the first anim, so the call for the second anim does nothing.

It is possible to reset to the vanilla idle anim after each anim just to make room to call the 2nd anim, but it takes a fair amount of time to flush the 1st anim so the 2nd one can be called, which results in seeing the vanilla idle for about 10 -15 frames which is obviously not an option.

It seems like this might be fixable through altering some flag in the root behavior files that will turn the needed loop option on. Did you look into that?

I can't think of anywhere else where those options would be controlled..

12 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I can't think of anywhere else where those options would be controlled..

In the behavior graph.

It just looks like havok restricts the dynamic override of a "play looped" state.

So without changing the behavior files i don't see any other way then doing a very long anim.

Or maybe the thing with animation groups could work, haven't been there yet.

3 hours ago, Vader666 said:

In the behavior graph.

It just looks like havok restricts the dynamic override of a "play looped" state.

So without changing the behavior files i don't see any other way then doing a very long anim.

Or maybe the thing with animation groups could work, haven't been there yet.

I probably used the wrong term "root behavior files". Those are what I was thinking.

I believe Dextes made a tool to unpack/repack those. So, it seems like they could be compared to Human behavior files and adjusted to allow the loop option we need.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Strange journey said:

Is this still being worked on

yep

I just got to testing the anims, even changing between anims while running is possible, because AAF can reset the animation before starting a new one, downside is that both actors go into idle for a couple frames before starting the new anim, which isn't pretty but the only thing possible so far.

I just need to re-export some anims because of... reasons.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:44 PM, dagobaking said:

it seems like they could be compared to Human behavior files and adjusted to allow the loop option we need.

I found atleast some of the needed data there, but this isn't a thing someone could easily do by editing the XML´s.

There are a lot of modifiers and states involved.

But it looks that it's just as i guessed earlier, the humans do have 2 seperate statemachines for DynamicIdle_A and DynamicIdle_B, while others races only have one, which is the reson why only a single anim can be called.

The looping stuff seems to be done by modifieres because there isn't a seperate ClipGenerator for these.

I'm glad to see there are people working on this still. Having gotten into skyrim late, when all of these things were already built and ready to download, it initially scared me that there were no animations or anything except humanoids... Which - outside of lesbian - I honestly care little about. What I'm really looking forward to is the Deathclaw anims, I've got a soft spot for giant muscly lizards in much the same way Skyrim's Werewolves interested me. I hope some solution to Vader's looping problems presents itself, thank you for working so hard on this!

Until then, my pet Deathclaws can only stare at what they can't play with yet. ?

On 8/20/2017 at 9:30 PM, MrEsturk said:

Not bad, not bad at all. If you're taking requests FP is still missing human lesbian animations. If not that's cool, keep up the good work.

Just can't agree more... are the only ones I like using, together with animations involving Dogmeat {but I find the Gorilla very interesting too, not sexually actually but for the coolness of a gorilla featured in FO4 since I've love Planets Of the Apes filmography!} and Supermutants. Let's be honest... us men are really bad to watch, at least on FO4!

As I could post in another thread about players' wishlists, I'm looking forwards to see some creators release animations packages with FF/FFF/FFFF combos, including also the interaction with Dogmeat, and a 3some/4some/gangbang package involving females and Supermutants.

Just to be clear about what I wish {and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gonna appreciate such a work!}... the following snapshot, taken running AAF {Advanced Animations Framework} in several attempts to combine the two different actions, features the Doctor and the Professor at the Science Lab in Diamond City with Dogmeat and my character... the title was inevitable... "In The Name Of Science"! 

1003875207_FortheSciencesSake.thumb.png.0205f8894bef45326417dabbbe97428f.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Clegane said:

Bugreport - I can't copy from archive vademania xmls fikes. Archive is opening, nod is working, but I cant't copy xmls  (I can copy any other xmls, jut not vaders v.1.1 aaf.)

So after manually unpacking the .rar you can't copy the archive content to wherever you want to ?

Sounds very strange...