Install Beautiful People - A Guide To Setting Up Beautiful People & Modular BP

Beautiful People (BP) is a compilation of many of the best mods that improve how NPC’s (and PC’s) look and also adds several new races to Oblivion. I find this mod really adds to the gaming experience by making people more lifelike and adds a lot of diversity. Unfortunately, installation will take about an hour (including download time) and there are several steps involved to properly installing BP. Installation is important because if not fully and properly installed, or installed in the wrong order then problems can occur (e.g. black eyes, double-eyes, no-head, etc.). Below we will go through three steps to successfully install BP, these are: 1. Downloading, 2. Merging files, and 3. Installation.

Races added will include: Ainmhi, Carrier, Dremora, Elves of Lineage, Horkew, Human, Ice Elf, Lolita, Long-Ears Elf, Lycanthrope Elf, Mystic Dark Elf, Mystic Elf, Mystic High Elf, Orog, Robo Elf, Skyrim Khajiit, Tabaxi, Tang Mo, Wiera, White Tabaxi, Wolf Elf, Lop-Ears Elf, Snow Tabaxi, Wild Tabaxi, Moonshadow Elves, Tolkien Elves, BloodWitcher, BloodWitch, Moon shadow Long-Ears Elf and Synx.

Hairs styles added will include: RenHair, 2chHair, 2chLegendHair, AGSHair, APpageboyHair, babehair, Bald, Capucine Argonian Hair, Capucine Khajiit Hair, CoreanHair, CTargHair, HisssaHair, Pretty Cure Hair, soyahair, AmyHair, KKKHair, CoolSimsHair and HepsyHair.

Eyes added will Include: Nequam Eyes, Ren Eyes, Flonne Eyes, Retma Eye Odd, FairyEye, MoonshadowEye, Ren VB Dragon Eyes and GeeEye.

The method of installing BP that we will go through today uses the Oblivion Mod Manager (OMOD (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097) Thank you Timeslip)). If you don’t already have OMOD I suggest downloading it.

Part 1: Download Some Big Files
I suggest we start by downloading all the files we’re going to need, these will include:

1. Stock Body Replacer
If you are already using a body replacer, then skip this step. If you want to use a body replacer but haven’t chosen one yet, I can recommend HGEC Body with BBB (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34442). If you prefer another body, download that one.

2. Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed
Next download Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed (approx. 285 MB zipped (approx 1.4 GB unzipped)), I have not found this on TES Nexus, therefore I suggest downloading it from Mediafire at http://www.mediafire.com/download/p51d8ac5r1558tp/Beautiful_People_2ch-Ed_v1.8.0_Fixed.7z

or MegaZ:

https://mega.nz/#!qsBAgIwL!632P6MTvvohOSiErrMZWh_zi7APVoOeR4Y4CSQpRLqs

3. Modular Beautiful People (MBP) 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4.[/color]
Next download Modular Beautiful People (MBP) 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4 (approx. 323 MB in 4 files). This file comes in four parts and can be downloaded from:

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i256wiimpazabdx/Modular_Beautiful_People_2ch-Edition_%28Full%29_v1.4a.part1.rar  

or

https://mega.nz/#!Plo0nTzQ!hHD3mYyVipZApf0lz9rw188RvUlmV4BE_-rizSlHIXk

Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6vokpvb3iz9z42/Modular_Beautiful_People_2ch-Edition_%28Full%29_v1.4a.part2.rar  

or

https://mega.nz/#!74Y0iY4T!Tglq0bySc2n7zYiCrwXDQhYvy2LTW7VfTkmttkF3VcE

Part 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dvxf3d5ednxs4ad/Modular_Beautiful_People_2ch-Edition_%28Full%29_v1.4a.part3.rar  

or

https://mega.nz/#!z14mRQoI!GKo-XPZIm6bZ95AzgRpx9QB7vB__wZPtBk2jZEQxT-A

Part 4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1zpecgh1nrxrvcx/Modular_Beautiful_People_2ch-Edition_%28Full%29_v1.4a.part4.rar

or

https://mega.nz/#!G4RnAaBZ!OX56cPtydkrarU9E_xQZKDS2_aEUBytrLSRGhavPXiY

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus
Download MBP Plus Plus 098a Full (approx. 363 MB in two files). Note that there are two parts to download, you need both: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37368/?

5. Hi Res Skin - Face Textures
Totally optional, but if you want them I can recommend High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC (approx. 12 MB) and can be downloaded from TES Nexus (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20022). This will install 4096x4096 body textures and has a separate file for installing 2048x2048 facial textures. There are now a number of very good skin and face textures, I use this one because it is very easy to install (comes with its own install tool) and I am lazy.

Part 2: Merge Those Files
Both Modular Beautiful People (MBP) 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4 and Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus are multi-part files.

1. Merge Modular Beautiful People (MBP) 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4. It is easy to prepare MBP, simply click and highlight all four files and extract them. Your will now have a file called (MBP) Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4 that is approximately 312 MB (and a few text documents and a doc that show Flonnes eyes). Well done.

2. Next we need to merge Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus. Nothing to merge.  Just download both parts (one is the data and one is the esm/esp files).

We are now ready to install.

Part 3: Installation and Activation
You are about to reap the benefits of efforts you have just made, so start up OMOD. I suggest installing in the following order:

1. Install body replacer
2. Install Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed
3. Install Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4.omod
4. Install Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus
5. Tweak .ini file bFaceGenTexturing=0 (optional)
Note: If you use x117++077 install it just after Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus

1. Install body replacer
In OMOD, click on the button at the bottom called ‘Load’, next use the window that pops up to find your HGEC Body with BBB file, highlight it and click ‘Open’. Give OMOD a few seconds to load and it will appear in the right hand side of the OMOD screen. Go ahead and highlight the mod in the right hand screen and click the ‘activate’ button at the bottom.

You now have a few choices to make: First you must choose your version (I usually just choose ‘nude’ and click OK, but feel free to check out the other options (you can always come back to this mod and activate it to try something else if you don’t like the look of your choice in game). Next choose cup size (I typically choose ‘c’) and click okay. Finally choose bottom size (I typically choose medium). Done.

2. Install Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed
In OMOD, click on the button at the bottom called ‘Create’, next on the omod creator screen that pops up click on ‘Add folder’. A browser screen will pop up, use it to find where you saved your Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed file. Open this file and highlight (don’t open) the ‘Data’ folder, this is what you need. With the ‘data’ folder highlighted, click on ‘OK’ at the bottom of the window. A new window pops up that contains two files (Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race & Beautiful People 2ch-Ed esm), click on ‘Create omod’ at bottom of window. It will take a while for OMOD to load, if you smoke, now’s your moment. Once loaded (you will have a window pop up saying a new omod created) go ahead and highlight the mod in the right hand screen and click the ‘activate’ button at the bottom. Once activated you will now have two new plug-ins on the left-hand screen of OMOD (Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race & Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm), go ahead and check mark them.

3. Install Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4.omod
In OMOD, click on the button at the bottom called ‘Load’. Next use the window that pops up to find your Install Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4.omod file, highlight it and click ‘Open’. Give OMOD a few seconds to load and it will appear in the right hand side of the OMOD screen. Notice that the box to the left of this mod is black, this is OMOD letting you know that this new mod has files that will overwrite an existing mod. This is okay, we want this mod to overwrite some of Beautiful People’s files, and this is why the install order is important. Go ahead and highlight the mod in the right hand screen and click the ‘activate’ button at the bottom. When OMOD warns you that this mod will overwrite existing esps click ‘Yes’.

You will now be offered some choices:
a) You are asked if you want to install an esp for Ren’s Hair / Band / Blind / Mask - I suggest installing this – Click ‘Yes’. A new window pops up saying disable blind mask – click ‘OK’
B) You are asked if you want to install an esp that will permit you to choose a cool eye type during character creation, Sheogorath Eye Shivering Isles. This choice is up to you, I don’t use this eye type (and I am trying to stay below 50 mods (I don’t know why)) – Click ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
c) Next, you get to choose your eye options. If you don’t like glowing eyes or different coloured eye you can eliminate them here. I suggest highlighting ‘Default’ and then clicking ‘OK’.
d) Next you have the choice of loading a male body type EC, HGEC, TFF, RM – I usually choose Robert’s Male Body Replacer, then click ‘OK’. Next you have the option of choosing a female body replacer. I recommend choosing ‘Female EyeCandy body Replacer’, then click 'OK'.
e) When prompted say ‘Yes” to overwriting the two files.

Depending on which esp’s you decided to install you will now have up to four more eps’s on the left in OMOD (Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Module, Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Module, Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable Band/Blind/Mask and Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye), go ahead and check mark them

4. Install Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus
In OMOD, click on the button at the bottom called ‘Create’, next on the omod creator screen that pops up click on ‘Add folder’. A browse screen will pop up, use it to find where you saved your Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus file. Open this file and highlight (don’t open) the ‘Data’ folder, this is what you need. With the ‘data’ folder highlighted, click on ‘OK’ at the bottom of the window. A new window pops up that contains three files (Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race, Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves & Beautiful People 2ch-Ed esm), click on ‘Create omod’ at bottom of window. Once loaded (you will have a window pop up saying a new omod created) go ahead and highlight the mod in the right hand screen and click the ‘activate’ button at the bottom. Once activated you will now have a new plug-in on the left-hand screen of OMOD (Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves), go ahead and check mark it.

You will again notice that the box to the left of this mod is black (letting you know that this new mod has files that will overwrite an existing mod). Go ahead and highlight the mod in the right hand screen and click the ‘activate’ button at the bottom. When OMOD warns you that this mod will overwrite existing esp's click ‘Yes’.

5. Tweak .ini file bFaceGenTexturing=0
I have heard that not changing the .ini file can mess up some faces in the game. This does not happen for me. In fact, changing the file bFaceGenTexturing=0 tends to result in a slight difference in colour between my characters face and body, so I leave this alone. However, if you are experiencing problems then go to (on my computer) C:/Users/(whatever you named your folder (i.e. not the ‘Public’ one))/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion (the config settings). Before editing this file, please make a copy of it first. Then in the file, find bFaceGenTexturing=1 and change it to bFaceGenTexturing=0.

6. Hi Res Skin - Face Textures
Optional, But if you use High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC it comes with a really easy to use install tool. OMOD is not needed, just click on the install tool in the file and it will take you through the rest.

7. Lastly, don't forget to run BOSS (Better oblivion Sorting Software (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516)) to sort your load order.

YOU ARE DONE.

d) Next you have the choice of loading a male body type EC' date=' HGEC, TFF, RM – I usually choose Robert’s Male Body Replacer, then click ‘OK’. Next you have the option of choosing a female body replacer. If you haven’t installed one yet or want to change, go ahead. I usually choose ‘Default’ as I already installed a female body replacer.

[/quote']

I don't have the omod anymore to check its script, but iirc, it doesn't install a body replacer (you must already have one), only some textures and the esp for the body type you selected (the textures' path for the races might be messed up if you don't select the correct one, e.g. TFF while you're using HGEC).

Don't mean to complain but the download for Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed doesn't seem to work, the extractor fails about 1/3 of the way through with a failure message in Japanese, would be nice to get this though. Ok, found the problem, the Mediafire download says that it's a 99 meg file but Rogue13's post says that it's around 291 megs. So either there are other files depending on the extractor, or the download is corrupt.

Don't mean to complain but the download for Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed doesn't seem to work' date=' the extractor fails about 1/3 of the way through with a failure message in Japanese, would be nice to get this though. Ok, found the problem, the Mediafire download says that it's a 99 meg file but Rogue13's post says that it's around 291 megs. So either there are other files depending on the extractor, or the download is corrupt.

[/quote']

It's not corrupt, the 291mb is in 3 parts, but he only gave us the link for one. Here's all three links (found by doing a little googleing):

http://www.filestube.com/3WMlbAoh331UygCs8uyUTW/Beautiful-People-2ch-Ed-v1-8-0-Fixed.html

edit: nvm you beat me to it haha

You can make a load order backup in OBMM, just choose import/export then export load order to a file you name. Once you have a load order stabilized you do this and you'll never have to worry about BOSS fouling things up since all you have to do then is choose import/export and import load order from your previously created file.

I followed this guide carefully, step by step, and got missing meshes, textures on some races(no eyeball, hair, etc). I reinstalled everything again but this time without modular beautiful people fixed. Almost everything seems to be working right but theres this weird bug when theres times when ill have access to a specific race eye color and times that i wont. Like I'll be looking at the mystic elf's eyes, all eyes there nothing missing, and when i go all the way back to the lineage elves, I'll start noticing only one eye texture. I'll go back to that mystic elf again and he'll only have one eye aswell. Anyone knows a fix for this??????????????

Im also using x177 + +

btw i use BSA Alteration in that Archive Invalidation thing, all file types checked and under options, ignore normal maps and generate archive invalidation on hash collision is checked. I always click on remove BSA edits before updating it aswell.

I dont use wyre bash since im a noob at it =(

Hi rogeronfire,

I admit to being a bit perplexed, because it does sound like you're missing some meshes. But I am only aware of what you're describing happening when one of the mandatory files, particularly Beautiful people 2ch-ED 1.8.0, is not loaded. Perhaps you could confirm a few things:

1) That you have Shivering Isle loaded

2) That the files that you downloaded are complete (I put the size that the files should be in my original post)

3) In OMOD, on the right hand side, the following are present and the square on the left of them is blue:

a) (MBP) Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4

B) Beautiful people 2ch-ED 1.8.0

c) MBP_Plus_Plus_094a_Full-37368-0-8-4-a 1.0

4) In OMOD, on the left hand side, you have the following files and a check is present in the box to the left of them (they should also load in this order (note: they may be interspersed with other mods, this is fine):

a) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

B) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable Blind Mask.esp (optional file)

c) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp (optional file)

d) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

e) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

f) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Module.esp

g) Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

Also, are these issues happening when you create a brand new PC or when you modify an existing PC, or both?

Keep it up rogeronfire, you're close, and if I can't help get this working for you then there are many clever and helpful people here who can.

I already fixed it but thanks for the reply :)

Yesterday I made a new mystic elf and was only able to choose an ugly brown eye texture, but i was like oh well i can live with it. Few hours later i opened console and typed in showracemenu to change my hair then i noticed i was able to select many other eyes too :D somehow that fixed it and everything seems to be working fine now.

So yeah if anyone else end ups having only one eye texture for some races just bring up console and type in 'showracemenu' after creating your character, every eye texture should show up now.

May I say thank you very much for giving the time to make this tutorial, it's been very useful.

I have a problem though, when I install this everything is fine but...my characters look ugly. I've seen the images in the MBP page at TESNEXUS and they look really cute and/or beautiful. My default faces though look like deformed beings. Any idea why? No matter how much I edit them they still look bad.

Also, my Chanpon race has a weird black space in between her lips. Is this anyway related?

wonderful tutorial. i *wish* i had seen this when i was making my initial decisions to install. i decided this time around to challenge myself (like.. 6th modded install of Oblivion) with a MBP/XEO build. and... <.< >.> ... looking at your tutorial... i never installed beautiful people 2ch edition...

i installed (in this order i think if i remember)

HGEC Body 1.21

MBP 2ch-Edition(Full) 1.4

MBP 094a++ 1.0

MBP++ Chocolate Elves 1.0

x117++ 1.0

XEO RC4 1.0

XEO SP 1.0

sooo... did I completely bonehead this all the hell up by NOT installing Beautiful People 2ch-Edition 1.8? And if I DID want/need to install Beautiful People 2ch-Edition 1.8, is it compatible with XEO RC4 and XEO SP? i already have enough CTDs as it is. definitely would love a look at my load order to see if it helps. xD

Hi jihadoftomorrow,

I wonder if this may be an archive invalidation issue. Try this, in OMOD, on the right hand side there is a button labeled 'Utilities', click on this. A new window pops up, click on 'Archive Invalidation'. In the new window that pops up choose 'BSA Invalidation' and check the boxes next to 'Meshes' and 'Textures', then click on the 'Update Now' button. Restart Oblivion and see if this worked.

Let me know.

Hi blastwave2k,

I think you're right, you will need to install Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed (BP).

Unfortunately, for this to work properly, you will need to reinstall the following:

- Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4.omod

- x117++077

- Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus

FYI - The reason the install order is so important is because Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition overwrites some files from Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 AND THEN x117++077 overwrites some files from Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition AND THEN Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus overwrites some files from x117++077. In the end you will have all the most updated and compatible files.

I have not installed XEO RC4 and XEO SP, but I took a look around the posts on this site and you should be able to use them without them causing problems. I will see if I can find a recommendation on install order for XEO.

Hi jihadoftomorrow' date='

I wonder if this may be an archive invalidation issue. Try this, in OMOD, on the right hand side there is a button labeled 'Utilities', click on this. A new window pops up, click on 'Archive Invalidation'. In the new window that pops up choose 'BSA Invalidation' and check the boxes next to 'Meshes' and 'Textures', then click on the 'Update Now' button. Restart Oblivion and see if this worked.

Let me know.

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply.

When I do what you said, my game crashes when I load my save files. Any idea why? Right now I have it set to Universal.

Also, are the default faces for each MBP++ race supposed to be really good looking or ugly? If I may ask, could you or someone post an image what the default faces are supposed to look like for at least the Chanpon C2 race? Because the race "Lolita" for me looks like a bloody Nord Midget.

Hi blastwave2k' date='

I think you're right, you will need to install Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed (BP).

Unfortunately, for this to work properly, you will need to reinstall the following:

- Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4.omod

- x117++077

- Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus

FYI - The reason the install order is so important is because Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition overwrites some files from Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 AND THEN x117++077 overwrites some files from Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition AND THEN Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition Plus Plus overwrites some files from x117++077. In the end you will have all the most updated and compatible files.

I have not installed XEO RC4 and XEO SP, but I took a look around the posts on this site and you should be able to use them without them causing problems. I will see if I can find a recommendation on install order for XEO.

[/quote']

very cool. thank you so much for the assistance. i hate to toss a reply like this here, instead of in the "tech support" area, but after reading your guide, i almost choked... all i could think was "oh no... if Beautiful People 1.8 is a base for MBP... aww damn." xD

but... if it is, it would also explain some occasional black bodies i get and... potentially other issues, like some of the races (like mystic elves) looking like total crap. will reinstall asap haha

when i downloaded the fixed version it's an archive not a folder. so in the omod thing if i serch for a folder it won't come up. and my comp started dying on memory so i guess ill have to wait till a later time to install this all. but please explain how i'd get it to work.

Hello Cjvs,

From what you describe, I think you may need to unzip the Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed (BP) before installing it using OMOD. To unzip the file use a program, such as 7zip ( http://www.7-zip.org/ ) by right-clicking on the BP file, moving the cursor over the '7zip' option and, from the menu that pops up, choose 'extract here'. Once the file is unzipped you should be able to continue to install.

FYI - the file is approx. 291 MB zipped and when unzipped is approx 1.4 GB. If your BP file is 1.4 GB (right-click on the folder and select 'properties' to see size of file) you should be good to continue.

Hi jihadoftomorrow,

The 'Universal' setting in Archive Invalidation is good and you will not in fact turn this off. I suggest going through the 'BSA Invalidation' and check the boxes next to 'Meshes' and 'Textures', then click on the 'Update Now' button. After you do this, please click the radial button for the 'Universal' option back on and then click on the 'Update Now' button. Then close Archive Invalidation restart Oblivion and see if this cleared up the problem.

Hi jihadoftomorrow' date='

The 'Universal' setting in Archive Invalidation is good and you will not in fact turn this off. I suggest going through the 'BSA Invalidation' and check the boxes next to 'Meshes' and 'Textures', then click on the 'Update Now' button. After you do this, please click the radial button for the 'Universal' option back on and then click on the 'Update Now' button. Then close Archive Invalidation restart Oblivion and see if this cleared up the problem.

[/quote']

So use OBMM BSA invalidation first, then use the Universal option?

Hi bluewr,

You got it.

However you may not need to do this step, I didn't for my Installation of Beautiful People. The odd thing I find about Oblivion is that what works on one computer may not be what makes things work best on another computer. But if the meshes and textures display improperly then the BSA invalidation has worked for me with other mods.