SexLab Light SE Development Thread - OLD

vinfamy

Update:  Triggered a sex scene with MatchMaker, got the actors to strip, move to the wherever the sex takes place, zoom out into third person and send the correct races, genders and number of actors to the SexLab's 'animation search engine'

That animation database is of course empty right now (it's heavily reliant upon PapyrusUtil's list and array stuffs and the added Utility functions from SKSE) so nothing happens after that as expected, so on to finding the most appropriate alternative to populating the animation database. Should be easy enough for tomorrow. According to CPU, might even be do-able without FNIS just like FO4.

SKSE.iwas just thinking to myself that skse might be held back on purpose,cause of the traditional reasons(money)

Let's not speculate. Least we could do after everything the Script Extender team has done in the past.

And I seriously doubt your money theory. The Script Extender team are all very senior software engineers (Expired is the only guy under 40 I think), who are most likely very well-paid in their day jobs.

And tbh, if I were them, I would find it hard to find motivation to work on SKSE64 too, because you kinda end up spending months of your life on something that you know Bethesda can do in a week but refuses to. Memory hacking and reverse engineering is hardly the most exciting work to do.  

SKSE.iwas just thinking to myself that skse might be held back on purpose,cause of the traditional reasons(money)

Nah, the SKSE team has been making extenders for years.  From Morrowind to Oblivion to Fallout 3 to New Vegas to Skyrim and Fallout 4, and they've never asked for a penny.  The reason why they lack motivation is because despite the increased stability of the game, SSE is the same old Skyrim gameplay wise.

Update: Just converted most of the animations made for Oldrim into SSE hkx format. As we won't have JSON support for a SLAL-like solution, the idea (subject to obtaining all the animators' permissions and to SexLab SE actually going ahead) is to include the default Oldrim SexLab animations, More Nasty Critters animations and the most popular SLAL packs (Leito's, FunnyBiz's, Nibbles', etc) all as the default animations for SexLab SE.

Where do you find the time? amazing!

I'm a freelance developer for a living so I stare at a computer screen writing software 16 hours a day, 7 days a week anyway :) . My modding time depends on how many projects I take on for work this month and my progress with them (due to the nature of the industry I work with, my work projects are all very small in scope but have tight deadlines, which probably influences my modding habits: lots of different mods, small frequent updates)

This sounds cool af & I respect the hell outta you for taking the time to do this. I've been freaking out over Kidnapped Redux on Skyrim wondering when certain things are going to be addressed but if this & more FO4 stuff are what's coming, by all means keep up the good work you've got going on here. I just hope functions like choosing what position you take in an animation, enforcing sexual preference like Flower Girls, & making sure females in male roles can use the strapon will still be available.

Kudos on doing this, vinfamy. I've been a fan of your stuff for a while.

Just out of curiosity, would it make your life easier if you leveraged some of the work that has already been done with Flower Girls SE?

There have been several mods (including Amorous Adventures) that have patches to work with Flower GIrls as the animation back-end.

I mean the main purpose of trying to convert SexLab into SE is so that mods like Defeat, SD+, etc that use SexLab can hopefully also be converted and we can potentially port 50% or so of the SexLab Oldrim section to SSE, with reduced functionality. I'm not making an entirely new framework, just going through all of SexLab code, highlight the ones that require SKSE, and attempt to replace them with vanilla Papyrus.

Flower Girls seems like quite a closed system - quite the opposite of SexLab. I mean we can't rely on the author of the framework making a patch for each mod like what the Flower Girls author is doing - there's way too many SexLab mods to do that. Also, considering that it's a Nexus mod, I seriously doubt it has any infrastructure to support the vast range of kinks we have here: bestiality, aggressive, futa, devious devices, etc

That makes perfect sense and that's brilliant.  I'm certainly rooting for you. :)

I think if you could get even 10% of the SL mods working it would be a win since there's such a dearth of solid RP-oriented mature content right now for SSE.

I want you to know how much this community appreciates this even if it doesn't pan out. Although it sounds promising. My only concern is what if this becomes a working version of sexlab and mods are developed with this as a framework. What happens if SKSE64 actually comes out? Will this need to be remade again? Will mods not work on both frameworks? I'd hate to delve into a very heavy mod load order that is heavily invested on a framework that could be replaced and no longer supported. Could you perhaps give some insight on how confidently we can rely on this as a long term solution to our problem?

I want you to know how much this community appreciates this even if it doesn't pan out. Although it sounds promising. My only concern is what if this becomes a working version of sexlab and mods are developed with this as a framework. What happens if SKSE64 actually comes out? Will this need to be remade again? Will mods not work on both frameworks? I'd hate to delve into a very heavy mod load order that is heavily invested on a framework that could be replaced and no longer supported. Could you perhaps give some insight on how confidently we can rely on this as a long term solution to our problem?

Well, if SKSE64 comes out and gets all the functions as SKSE (highly unlikely at this point), then SexLab, PapyrusUtil and most sex mods on Oldrim just need their esps saved as the new format and that's pretty much it - takes a couple of minutes. Hkx and nif files can all be converted into SSE formats using automated processes.

However, with SKSE64's current status, the most optimistic ETA (educated guess) for a fully-functional version of it would probably be late 2018, in which case a 'SexLab SE' without SKSE would serve its purpose for enough time anw. And TBH, the most realistic ETA for SKSE64 is probably never ever - so ...

Also, even if this SexLab SE without SKSE goes ahead, I don't think new mods made specifically for it would account for a large proportion of the Special Edition mods on LoversLab - most would be relatively quick-and-dirty ports from Oldrim: imagine SexLab Defeat SE, SD+ SE, etc, all with reduced functionality

Update: Positioning, scaling, stripping, disabling movement and collision, and erection (SOS Light integration) all works fine now. Managed to get it to reach this familiar-looking stage of your typical SexLab scene, just before the actors start animating. The animation database is populated with the default animations, which are grabbed correctly by the API (using the GetAnimationByDefault() method at least), but can't quite get the animations to play yet. Time to hit up Fore I guess :) . As mentioned before, as soon as I can get the animations to play - SexLab SE can be considered a WIP as far as I'm concerned.

post-1091843-0-03140800-1503062811_thumb.jpg

Sweet! Any chance we might see HDT added as well, or would that be wayyy off scope?

I would look into it. But really not a priority.

Heck, even CBBE isn't available for SSE yet ... HDT just seems a tad bit like trying to run before we can walk 

Sweet! Any chance we might see HDT added as well, or would that be wayyy off scope?

I would look into it. But really not a priority.

Heck, even CBBE isn't available for SSE yet ... HDT just seems a tad bit like trying to run before we can walk 

You can use the old CBBE from Oldrim fine thou. And Bodyslide works fine to. No HDT thou :( That mean animation instead and all that stuff I collected that is HDT....

Update: First animation started using 'SexLab SE' ever - horrendously misaligned (I know why though, shouldn't be too hard to fix), but getting there ...

attachicon.gifmisaligned.jpg

I tried this often in my previous relationship; you just have to be really drunk... This will do :-P TAKE it!!!!.......... chair :-P

@ZeroEscape = External harddrive or internal supplementary drive - Copy Skyrim SE folder. Done... :-D Then you can invest heavily in whatever you want and try both if SKSE64 ever comes out.

Hey vin, if you made SexLab for SE into a functional mod, wouldn't that mean that it could be ported over to FO4?

After all, it's the same script language and game engine, and has like 95% of the same functions. And with FO4 having a script extender, the functionality of that ported SexLab could be enhanced further.

So most of the work would basically be done for FO4 as well as SexLabSE by utilizing a converted SL. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

I can certainty lean a few things for SexLab to apply to Four-play.

FO4 papyrus is superior to Skyrim though: startTimer, structs, arrays add ans remove, etc are all better. Four-play will perform much better than 'sexlab se' for sure. Shouldn't go the long way like sexlab to get there

Archived