F4SE Scripts not working

4 minutes ago, raan_zii said:

The F4SE dll is not supposed to be in the Plugins folder. What you see in the spoiler in my previous post is exactly what it's supposed to look like when it's installed, sans a couple of irrelevant txt files. All paths in the spoiler above are relative to the path where your Fallout4.exe file is, aka. where you installed Fallout 4. In case of Steam that'd be \SteamApps\common, that path being relative to where you installed Steam (or configured Steam to place your games, in case you manually changed that).

That said, the full path of f4se_1_10_64.dll thus becomes:

<Steam install directory>\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\f4se_1_10_64.dll

Yes sorry - I was referring to the FourPlay 1_10_64 dll - not the F4SE one, which is in the game root directory as you mention.  This thread is about FP not interacting, and a pop up (which I no longer get as above) that says the F4SE scripts are not installed correctly, even if they are.

Right so we've derailed the thread a bit then. In that case the answer is bound to be in your papyrus log. I can't really give you more than guesses about the errors in the log you posted because I do not have any LL mods myself.

1. Got all the requirements of FourPlay, assuming there are any?
  2. Is SEU compatible with the version of FourPlay you have?
2 minutes ago, raan_zii said:

Right so we've derailed the thread a bit then. In that case the answer is bound to be in your papyrus log. I can't really give you more than guesses about the errors in the log you posted because I do not have any LL mods myself.

1. Got all the requirements of FourPlay, assuming there are any?
  2. Is SEU compatible with the version of FourPlay you have?

Followed Vin's install guide.  Now have the FP MCM in game (as stated above) and get a widget stating FP is installed.  Don't see any messages about animations installed tho.  SEU is latest version linked in Vin's guide, so assume it is compatible.  Based on that missing FP dll seeming to fix the scripts not installed issue, I'm thinking I'm missing something critical from the community patch or the dev 1.5 patch, just have not been able to figure it out!

Thanks for the help.

I grabbed the file named "FP_Patch__2_6_1 - Runtime Neutral" from here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4245-four-play-community-patch/

Assuming we have the same version of the four_play:Main quest...

Analyzing some of the errors in your papyrus log:

1. An array called DogRaces which is defined as a property, has not been set.
  2. A faction named Vin_SexFaction has not been set. This is also a property of the quest script.
  3. A global variable named Vin_SceneMod has not been set. Also a property...

So I'd say that the problem here is that the main FourPlay quest is not initialized or started. SEU is trying to use functions provided by FourPlay but since the properties have not been initialized it can not do so:

1. Perhaps you're missing a FourPlay plugin? Is the ESP/ESM included in your load order?
  2. Do you have to fiddle with the quest manually? Restart it maybe?
1 hour ago, raan_zii said:

I grabbed the file named "FP_Patch__2_6_1 - Runtime Neutral" from here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4245-four-play-community-patch/

2. A faction named Vin_SexFaction has not been set. This is also a property of the quest script.

So I'd say that the problem here is that the main FourPlay quest is not initialized or started. SEU is trying to use functions provided by FourPlay but since the properties have not been initialized it can not do so:

1. Perhaps you're missing a FourPlay plugin? Is the ESP/ESM included in your load order?

I never have understood those logs lol.

Apart from FourPlay I'm not using any of Vim's other mods - I have RSE instead.  SEU is the only one.  I have some rl stuff, but will return later to check those suggestions.  Thanks again for your efforts :smile:

21 hours ago, raan_zii said:

OK.  Restarted a save from before installing FourPlay caused everything to re-initialize.  Got the animation register screen and FP MCM.  Now when starting sex, my PC strips, her and Dogmeat line up, sounds play BUT no animation running.  Cum gets applied at the end, and a pop up asking if I want to go again, but no animation running!

Getting closer lol.

6 minutes ago, raan_zii said:

Post a new papyrus log and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks.  If I can figure out why the animations are not firing, or not being found would be cool.  PC strips, Dogmeat goes behind, sounds start but that's it.  Free camera is working - can zoom in/out and move around.  Dogmeat just sits/lays behind my pc until cum effects are loaded, then camera returns to normal 3rd person.

Papyrus.0.log

There's a couple of errors there but I suspect these to be the source of your current problems:

[02/18/2018 - 12:23:41PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairActor could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[02/18/2018 - 12:23:41PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairRef could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[02/18/2018 - 12:23:41PM] error: Native static function SetFlyCam2 could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.

I do not know what these mean but if I had to guess I'd say that some unnamed script is looking for 3 functions in the LL_fourPlay*.dll file. Might be worth checking f4se.log again to make sure the dll file was loaded but if it was then I'm out of ideas. If I was in your shoes though I'd start removing variables, that is to say, get rid of all mods except for the bare essentials you need to run FourPlay.

24 minutes ago, raan_zii said:

There's a couple of errors there but I suspect these to be the source of your current problems:

[02/18/2018 - 12:23:41PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairActor could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[02/18/2018 - 12:23:41PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairRef could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[02/18/2018 - 12:23:41PM] error: Native static function SetFlyCam2 could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.

I do not know what these mean but if I had to guess I'd say that some unnamed script is looking for 3 functions in the LL_fourPlay*.dll file. Might be worth checking f4se.log again to make sure the dll file was loaded but if it was then I'm out of ideas. If I was in your shoes though I'd start removing variables, that is to say, get rid of all mods except for the bare essentials you need to run FourPlay.

Thanks for looking.  If I had to guess, I'd say it didn't find an actor to play an anim with, but I'm no expert and as the conversation via SEU with Dogmeat played, it seems weird.  I'll have another look thru the relevant instruction page from Vim first to triple check I didn't miss something.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, raan_zii said:

Fixed it!

Disabled Leito's animations and all is working!  Apparently, Leito's new anims are not currently supported, so each time it called an anim the pc just stood around!

Thanks for your help.

12 minutes ago, Stiffon said:

Fixed it!

Disabled Leito's animations and all is working!  Apparently, Leito's new anims are not currently supported, so each time it called an anim the pc just stood around!

Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it working in the end. Guess the errors I suspected had nothing to do with it then.

I however remember reading somewhere that there's "gun" and "rug" versions available of various FourPlay animation packs and that if you plan to use them with FourPlay you must disable the esps included with the animation packs. If you forgot to do that you could still try that to get Leitos animations going.

Source: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4245-four-play-community-patch/

From 2.4 onwards, you need to disable or delete FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp also. This is because sounds are now handled internally and dynamically by the framework - keeping Leito's esp would lead to duplication of sounds and potential damage your ears :classic_smile: . Don't worry, Leito's actual animations are still used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 12:29 AM, Penguinwhite0000 said:

I met this problem too today. It seems that it is not the question of f4se but the four_play_0_0_8_2 and  FP_Patch_2_6_1-Runtime Neutral. At first, i thought four_play_0_0_8_2 is the newest patch so i installed  FP_Patch_2_6_1-Runtime Neutral first and then four_play_0_0_8_2.It let me cover the .esp and therefore the problem appeared. so i restalled these two mods using the FP_Patch_2_6_1-Runtime Neutral to cover four_play_0_0_8_2 and the problem solved!

Guys, after at it for hours, this is the fix.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Having this problem myself, except that I know I installed F4SE properly. How do I know this? Because stuff like Transfer Settlements is working. Prostitution and Autonomy are working. The ONLY things that aren't working is the stripping and the actual sex animations. And even then, the game strips me, equips me with Deviant Devices and a strap on, and then I just stand behind the other person, who is still fully clothed. I've done everything I can imagine, but frankly with most of the F4SE mods working and only those sections not, I am utterly baffled. Any help would be appreciated!

On 10/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, AshesOfVictory said:

Having this problem myself, except that I know I installed F4SE properly. How do I know this? Because stuff like Transfer Settlements is working. Prostitution and Autonomy are working. The ONLY things that aren't working is the stripping and the actual sex animations. And even then, the game strips me, equips me with Deviant Devices and a strap on, and then I just stand behind the other person, who is still fully clothed. I've done everything I can imagine, but frankly with most of the F4SE mods working and only those sections not, I am utterly baffled. Any help would be appreciated!

i am completely stuck too brother :/

I don't use FP, and i can't use AAF because i'm still on game version 10-75. Well if you tried the other solutions and it still doesn't work:

---> Just in case you have been using F4SE since its release - originally you only needed the files from its main folder, but they added a /scripts folder at some point.

Some F4SE mods like Place Everywhere work fine without the additional scripts, but others like the ESP Explorer need them.

Realized my F4SE scripts were not working cus I had used Vortex to install them and came here, I then saw that I had to install manually and so I did.
But after that my game just kept on crashing, I've followed a tutorial (this one to be exact)

and read every single reply on here trying to figure out my problems (FO4_AntimationsByLeito.esp was one of them) but still keep on crashing. 
Please help poor dumb me 

Got the same problem here. My drive died in september and I decided to reinstall the game and all the mods thes elast days, only to find out Vortex was now the big thing, and that now I get the same "F4SE Script folder missing" message, the most frustrating since I've done the installation a few times already and it always worked just fine... 

• 1 month later...

i'm getting the script folder missing error popup again. ive only got these mods;

four_play 0_0_8_2

FP Patch 2_61

MCM 1.34

leito's animations 1.4c

crazy's animations 1.3.7z

4pSEU 2.51

and i installed f4se 0_06_15 by extracting it with winRAR, dragging all the files except the 2 folders. extracted the 'data' folder using winRAR's 'add to' function, dragged that into my vortex mod manager and enabled it, and also manually added the data folder to fallout 4/data/scripts to be sure.

all plugins are enabled, im testing using both a completely clean save and a save that had the earlier mods removed. but now, i get the dreaded 'f4se has not been installed correctly (its scripts folder is missing most probably)' error popup, and no animations play (although the characters are now stuck in place for a few seconds.) it seems like if you even breathe on f4se, it breaks. 

just now, i tried uninstalling the fp community patch, because of the convo above saying that it conflicts. and i no longer get the f4se script error popup, but animations dont play even though characters strip and stand perpendicular to each other.

• 9 months later...

Archived