Modern Firearms (OUTDATED, NEW LINKS NOW POSTED) 2.5 1.4 by Idlesheep

Huh ? Don't saw them in the vending machine. What are their names in game ?

Edit > If it's the military uniform, you can't use anything with it like the dragonskin vest, shoulders, holster or leggins. If you put this military uniform, oll other equipement will be removed.

There are... Two or three different "uniform" outfits in this build. The only one that's outright finished is the "[bDU] Military Uniform", which you *should* be able to buy from the PvM and I know for a fact you can find on NPCs or for sale at certain vendors. All of the stuff tagged as [WIP] is better off ignored - they either don't have proper male models yet or are similarly unfinished.

But no, the un-equipping thing isn't a bug - the two WIP outfits are designed as AiO armor "sets", like how it was in New Vegas. Equip the under-armor, then you should see vest/holster/limb armor add-on options for it at an armor workbench.

Glad to see this mod back. Im just now coming back to gaming after a break anyways. Didnt know if there was still a desire for a lower damage patch? I had made one back on nexus when this had first came out and then followed idlesheep over to beth.net and gave up at that point couldn't stand the ignorance and know it all's. I would be willing to remake it and give it another shot on here if I could get permission  ;)

@Wolfdie:

Hey there old friend! Good to see you're still alive! We have up to date damage patches for this current version in the downloads here, but head over to the discord I've linked here, sure folk would like to hear from you. That and Whiskey is up to his eyes making tiny tedious edits at the moment for what's looking like a bunch of pretty huge changes, so the patches are most certainly gonna get messed up, and we'll need good testers to boot lol.

So I don't know if this has been addressed or not,but whatever was done to make the g36 and ar57 mags see through has f#$ked off shiny chrome and gold textures and made them an ugly matte black color.

I say it's the mags because others have reported elsewhere that changes to glass and or reflectiveness of surfaces causes the glitch not to mention the textures were fine till I updated to this version of MF.

Maybe go back to the old mags till you can find a fix?

So in my game most of the BDU on NPC's look like they have weighting issues. Like there meshes blow out when they make certain motions. Has this been reported before? I'm wondering if my install didn't go correctly.

That used to be a problem, but should be fixed now. Are there any loose files hanging around from previous versions perhaps? Unless we're talking about something pretty subtle I don't see that issue myself.

So I don't know if this has been addressed or not,but whatever was done to make the g36 and ar57 mags see through has f#$ked off shiny chrome and gold textures and made them an ugly matte black color.

I say it's the mags because others have reported elsewhere that changes to glass and or reflectiveness of surfaces causes the glitch not to mention the textures were fine till I updated to this version of MF.

What GPU are you using? I'm pretty sure those particular transparencies are unchanged though. Hopefully not another AMD issue.

Any plans on doing to the Army helmet or Combat Helmet what ya'll have done to the BDU's and Armor's?

Not at the top of the pile, though our camo texturer has found backups of what were presumed lost camo files, so when the pieces we already have are complete ya never know.

So in my game most of the BDU on NPC's look like they have weighting issues. Like there meshes blow out when they make certain motions. Has this been reported before? I'm wondering if my install didn't go correctly.

That used to be a problem, but should be fixed now. Are there any loose files hanging around from previous versions perhaps? Unless we're talking about something pretty subtle I don't see that issue myself.

I'll see if I can uninstall and remove any residual files. The folders are the ones with SHEEP correct?

Yup, any loose files in folders labelled SHEEP (in textures, meshes, materials) are old version stuff. The version linked to here is all in ba2 archives (main, textures). Check in scripts for old loose scripts too, they'll all be called mfswitchscript followed by the function. All that stuff has to go unless you unpacked the ba2's.

What GPU are you using? I'm pretty sure those particular transparencies are unchanged though. Hopefully not another AMD issue.

Any plans on doing to the Army helmet or Combat Helmet what ya'll have done to the BDU's and Armor's?

Not at the top of the pile, though our camo texturer has found backups of what were presumed lost camo files, so when the pieces we already have are complete ya never know.

I don't have any problem with my RX-480 and Crimson 17.3.3 (I don't update if not needed). Transparencies with this mod are okay.

So, as Benmc20 has said there's no AMD problem there, I'd check there are no old materials files from previous versions, all the current bgsm files are archived in the main.ba2.

So I uninstalled and removed everything and reinstalled and everything is looking good. I even installed the Sidearms addition and leveled lists seems like they are fixed as well.

I even made a new addition to the easygirl holster to use the MK23.

36777219662_ffea80fe0e_b.jpg

I did notice the damage on the MK23 is really high though.

So I uninstalled and removed everything and reinstalled and everything is looking good. I even installed the Sidearms addition and leveled lists seems like they are fixed as well.

That looks awesome, by all means upload the file here if you want to share it, I'm sure there are others who'd use it, probably many of us too given pretty much EVERYONE must use Easygirl, surely lol. Anyway, nice looking job.

As for the 23's damage, most of our numbers come from real world muzzle velocity/caliber calculations, though obviously that doesn't translate literally into reality, it's just the best one-equation-fits-all we could think of. Couple that with 'Sheep being a huge HK fan and (maybe?!) tweaking the odd number in hk's favour, and that might explain it. Still, I'll be sure Whiskey looks at it while he's getting the new plugin ready.

That looks awesome, by all means upload the file here if you want to share it, I'm sure there are others who'd use it, probably many of us too given pretty much EVERYONE must use Easygirl, surely lol. Anyway, nice looking job.

As for the 23's damage, most of our numbers come from real world muzzle velocity/caliber calculations, though obviously that doesn't translate literally into reality, it's just the best one-equation-fits-all we could think of. Couple that with 'Sheep being a huge HK fan and (maybe?!) tweaking the odd number in hk's favour, and that might explain it. Still, I'll be sure Whiskey looks at it while he's getting the new plugin ready.

I got a little more tweaking for it to do. It is weighted and connected to the bone and moves with the leg, but when you build it in BS it is a little off and requires some OS transforming to get it just right. One I clean up the little bugs I will post a google drive link. It is a fully standalone holster too. It doesnt replace anything.

Hey I just downloaded the version listed on the first page here and dug through the files, noticed there are some custom animations for the SCAR platform so who made those anims? is that from the SCAR-H mod on nexus or another modder or you guys?

I believe they're Wardaddy's anims, and used by most of our assault rifles until the next version or so, the nearest animations are being applied to the guns among the other work taking place currently, AR15 animations among them, many others too. Whiskey may correct me on the source of that scar animation though lol.

I installed the latest version then I had to do my usual changes to it and I noticed some other guns using that custom anim too like the ak weapons they draw and the left hand operates a bolt on the wrong side. I was thinking about just removing the shotguns but I wanted to give them a try first and they look great but they all use the hunting rifle anims. I don't know if you guys have tried the hunting shotgun mod on nexus by deadpool but it works just fine and the anims work great for pump action weapon even if the inserted shell count is wrong there is just no way around that right now so I don't think anyone would complain if you guys switched to that anims for all your pump action shotguns.

Hey I just downloaded the version listed on the first page here and dug through the files, noticed there are some custom animations for the SCAR platform so who made those anims? is that from the SCAR-H mod on nexus or another modder or you guys?

I believe they're Wardaddy's anims, and used by most of our assault rifles until the next version or so, the nearest animations are being applied to the guns among the other work taking place currently, AR15 animations among them, many others too. Whiskey may correct me on the source of that scar animation though lol.

The current animations are ShinyHax' old SCAR-H animations. In the works are his AR-15 animations, Wardaddy's pump shotgun animations (hopefully with a fixed, non-buddy scripted reload for proper round counts), Wardaddy's Vector animations (if they're ever released - that project ground to a halt because apparently half the guys working on it are MIA), Wardaddy's semi-auto tube-fed shotgun animations (again once they're done - he's making a replacer set for that MP-153, figure they'll fit our SPAS and M1014) and finally double-action revolver animations, along with ShinyHax' pistol and RPG animations.

Also waiting to hear back from Ha_ru about using his AK animations, so fingers crossed there.

Pretty sure Whiskey got the go ahead for the Aug anims, not sure about the FAMAS though. Waiting on the author for the AK stuff, though he's granted perms for some of his others.

@Zor2k13: the new version of the plugin being prepared (obviously a lengthy process given the size of the mod these days) should 'clean up' our footprint on the game, a few things should be handled in a less destructive way.

Good to hear about the update, I found an AR12 shotgun recently and it came with an EOTECH 553 sight but it had a purple texture inside the sight is it supposed to be that way? When I upgraded to the latest version of this mod I completely tossed all the loose files so everything should be running from those archives now right? I noticed the ammo clips for that same gun looked very familiar and it looks like they came from the USAS shotgun from the wasteland ordinance mod? I'm using that mod too.