Modern Firearms (OUTDATED, NEW LINKS NOW POSTED) 2.5 1.4 by Idlesheep

5 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Wait, which jetpack?

Also quote me, so I get notifications, or it could be a week or more before I see someone's commented something new that I should look at :P

All of them. Mostly the advanced one.

And, more precisly these included in the MF armor pack.

Edit > Just seen there is a new patch with a new plugin (and a new BSA). Will try this.

Edit bis > It's worse. Now, the jetpack can be used for a mere seconds IRL before drop off (maybe 2-3 seconds).

28 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

All of them. Mostly the advanced one.

And, more precisly these included in the MF armor pack.

Edit > Just seen there is a new patch with a new plugin (and a new BSA). Will try this.

Ah, never tried that, so wouldn't know.

I use the CROSS Jetpack and the no fall damage addon patch.

In general the MF website will have the latest known-good patches for an update, but I dunno how many, if any, jetpack-related reports there have been, or if they were fixed recently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, LesboIsBesto said:

Can any of yall tell me how to reduce the damage on these guns further? Even with the patches, they can still one to 3 shot anyone I use them on in any difficulty I play on

If you're using 2.5, using the damage patches' '*25.esp' pulls the guns in-line with Vanilla damage, so that shouldn't be the case.

Especially not on shit like Very Hard, where enemies are fucking damage sponges

17 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

If you're using 2.5, using the damage patches' '*25.esp' pulls the guns in-line with Vanilla damage, so that shouldn't be the case.

Especially not on shit like Very Hard, where enemies are fucking damage sponges

Ive been one shotting basically everything with a basic SCAR rifle. Only enemies that can really tank are Behemoths, Mythic Deathclaws, & Mirelurk Queens but they still not by much. Is there more to setting up the patches that I missed?

7 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

No.
The lowest of them will override any other active ones, if you have more than one active.

75 is the lowest for me, does it affect all the guns or certain ones? That was my understanding when I got them. Maybe thats why they still broken? Figured each one affected a different set of guns so shit like snipers get the 75 boost while others get lower ones yet they all do dumb damage.

1 hour ago, LesboIsBesto said:

75 is the lowest for me, does it affect all the guns or certain ones? That was my understanding when I got them. Maybe thats why they still broken? Figured each one affected a different set of guns so shit like snipers get the 75 boost while others get lower ones yet they all do dumb damage.

Nope, global damage change.

Remove whichever ones you're not wanting, or stick the one you want lowest in the list.
Also keep in mind that the ammo choice when modding them does matter.
The HP [hollow point] would be closest to vanilla, with the other two having increasing armour penetration. Can't remember the %'s, but I think the FMJ was 20-30% as the legendary modification does, and the AP might be 50%. I've not looked at them recently.
As such, FMJ and headshots will still shred shit regardless of the weapon damage until/unless enemies start getting the health boosts from higher levels, along with the armour to compensate.
Low level, you'll probably shred things regardless, even with the 25% patch.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:42 PM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Nope, global damage change.

Remove whichever ones you're not wanting, or stick the one you want lowest in the list.
Also keep in mind that the ammo choice when modding them does matter.
The HP [hollow point] would be closest to vanilla, with the other two having increasing armour penetration. Can't remember the %'s, but I think the FMJ was 20-30% as the legendary modification does, and the AP might be 50%. I've not looked at them recently.
As such, FMJ and headshots will still shred shit regardless of the weapon damage until/unless enemies start getting the health boosts from higher levels, along with the armour to compensate.
Low level, you'll probably shred things regardless, even with the 25% patch.

Good to know. Thanks ?.

• 3 months later...

I'm using Modern.Firearms.2.6.2 and i'm having an issue with bullet drop off.  I can't shoot anything at range.  Vanilla weapons work fine, but the weapons in this mod have an exceedingly short range.  Example:  I'm with Paladin Dance for the radio help quest, standing in front of the door as ghouls come rushing into the area.  None of the Modern Firearms weapons can reach from the steps to the gates.  The ghouls have to cross the distance by almost a third before i can hit them. With anything.  Even sniper rifles.

I do not have any other weapon mods installed.  Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or has this happened to anyone else?

On 9/28/2019 at 9:47 AM, astor said:

I'm using Modern.Firearms.2.6.2 and i'm having an issue with bullet drop off.  I can't shoot anything at range.  Vanilla weapons work fine, but the weapons in this mod have an exceedingly short range.  Example:  I'm with Paladin Dance for the radio help quest, standing in front of the door as ghouls come rushing into the area.  None of the Modern Firearms weapons can reach from the steps to the gates.  The ghouls have to cross the distance by almost a third before i can hit them. With anything.  Even sniper rifles.

I do not have any other weapon mods installed.  Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or has this happened to anyone else?

What with?

Because outside of inaccuracy for pistols/shorter-barreled weapons, you can hit a supermutant-sized target at the cell-attach range, with a decent scope and some luck.

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

What with?

Because outside of inaccuracy for pistols/shorter-barreled weapons, you can hit a supermutant-sized target at the cell-attach range, with a decent scope and some luck.

With any weapon.  I spent a great deal of time in their discord, talking with multiple people and we got nowhere.  I just removed the mod for now, going to wait for the next update. 

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

... holy shit ... how much time has passed since the launch! And now ... the many versions are flawed even after a lot of work ... it's a real suck!

1381403157_Fallout42021-04-1017-46-30-33.jpg.ee5a76380af3f628eccb6a53c20d559f.jpg

------------------------------

... szent szar... mennyi idő telt el az indítástól! És most... a sokadik változat még a roppant sok munka után is hibás... ez egy igazi szopás!

Persze igen... lehet, hogy csak nálam ilyen és a készítőknél tökéletes. A gond, hogy nem a tökéletes lett osztva... 

De... gond!? Vagy csak nincs a kérdéses problémával küzdő rész használva? Főként tár és látcső. A mesésen csodás fegyverrajzolatot igazán tönkre vágja a gondatlan(?) csomagolás.

Ez a legújabb kiadott és egyben elérhető változat....  Modern Firearms 2_6_8

582073986_Fallout42021-04-0420-16-09-07.jpg.56a4364328ee6ba46f27dd3eb8ee0a23.jpg

Az a probléma... hogy a látvány sokakat megrémisztett...

1867849663_Fallout42021-04-1016-54-44-44.jpg.19e6045b97e4e3fdc0d248ab0321681a.jpg

• 1 month later...

It seems the bugs keep coming ...yes you see well. This is a Browning M2HB

I looked at the description ... Everything seems fine to me there. The picture, on the other hand, shows otherwise.

..-----..

Úgy tűnik a hibák, folyamatosan jönnek ... igen, jól látod. Ez egy Browning M2HB

Megnéztem a leírást... Nekem ott minden rendben levőnek látszik. A kép viszont mást mutat. És igen. Ez a 2.6.8 változat amiben több a hiba mint az új tétel.  wb.gif.5d4cc36df229f4fd9e0d80f710718fba.gif 

Nálam ez sehogyan sem akar megfelelően melózni...

Spoiler

1209364594_Fallout42021-05-2216-21-19-30.jpg.a6a2433ead614cedfabf76a574a4aec0.jpg1436771957_Fallout42021-05-2418-18-26-01.jpg.b4e3e183bb507303d57f6449f55580fa.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

@Eperke @kukoricamorzsa

Most recent version of Modern Firearms is 2.6.9 or so. Still bein tested, so website has 2.6.8 as the latest current version.

This version is incredibly out of date. Even Xbox has had a version of 2.6.x released to it.

https://modern-firearms-fo4.info/

Click on the Download tab up top

Spoiler

image.png.ba9b3f92e6c1494b80fc5ac25c9544da.png

And the top link is the most recent version

Spoiler

image.png.963f8c7dabcfc6b58ae70626c9393433.png

I have 2.6.8. 

A few textures (one particular scope, LMG belt box) are missing textures and show up in purple. Haven't had any name/image inconsistencies though. Too bad all the most recent questions/comments/bug fixes are on the discord which I can't get into for some reason.

a total rebalance is needed. Because now with one shotgun, at the range of a sniper rifle, you can demolish a hundred super mutants in a couple of minutes, just walking by and not straining. Considering that I have hp and the protection of all creatures in the game is five times more than vanilla, this is ridiculous.