Modern Firearms (OUTDATED, NEW LINKS NOW POSTED) 2.5 1.4 by Idlesheep

I would actually like to see a patch that removes the weapons from the leveled lists or at least makes them spawn a little less.

that would be nice.

Or/Also, some FOMOD options to select the weapons I want in.

Why not make your own patch.

Load the mod's ESP in FO4EDIT.

Copy the level list as an overwrite to a new esp (this will be an over write esp similar to a bashed patch).

Adjust the level list in the over write esp to the way you want items to drop.

....And hope the level list doesn't change in the next version.

When the next release hits...

Load the updated esp in FO4EDIT and load the overwrite esp you created (which should still point to the base mod esp as a master).

Check to see if any changes were made to the level list... if there are no changes between v2.5-1.4 and the next version, then your over write esp should still work.

If the level list has changed... look at it see if you want to tweak the new version, or if you like your over writes setup.

Then either tweak the over write, or leave it alone.

this mod really should have a level list injector and a MCM menu to set the the percent chance of the weapons showing up i know some mods in old skyrim that did this one of them is complete crafting overhaul witch i think is way better then the old level lists witch cause problems with compatibility with other weapons and a pain in the but for any one who doesn't know what to do when editing the level list

not every one is cut out to learn this stuff, for example

i'm good at fixing stuff but i suck at math, you can try all you want to teach me math, it wont work.

don't go telling people to make it them self's, if your so smart why do you do it.

fyi i've tried to learn how to use the CK at one point but my mine just can not grasp it no mater how hard i bang my head on a brick wall, also i've done my fare share of editing of level lists over the years, its high time the there was a better way to handle level lists for large mods.

I'm happy to report that Wardaddy's UMP anims work great on the UMP and MP5 with the only hitch being that the foregrip anims don't exist. If you can't wait for the update, add wardaddy's esp as a master and replace the assaultrifleanims keyword with umpanims keyword in the weapon's record.

I would actually like to see a patch that removes the weapons from the leveled lists or at least makes them spawn a little less.

that would be nice.

Or/Also, some FOMOD options to select the weapons I want in.

Why not make your own patch.

Load the mod's ESP in FO4EDIT.

Copy the level list as an overwrite to a new esp (this will be an over write esp similar to a bashed patch).

Adjust the level list in the over write esp to the way you want items to drop.

....And hope the level list doesn't change in the next version.

When the next release hits...

Load the updated esp in FO4EDIT and load the overwrite esp you created (which should still point to the base mod esp as a master).

Check to see if any changes were made to the level list... if there are no changes between v2.5-1.4 and the next version, then your over write esp should still work.

If the level list has changed... look at it see if you want to tweak the new version, or if you like your over writes setup.

Then either tweak the over write, or leave it alone.

this mod really should have a level list injector and a MCM menu to set the the percent chance of the weapons showing up i know some mods in old skyrim that did this one of them is complete crafting overhaul witch i think is way better then the old level lists witch cause problems with compatibility with other weapons and a pain in the but for any one who doesn't know what to do when editing the level list

not every one is cut out to learn this stuff, for example

i'm good at fixing stuff but i suck at math, you can try all you want to teach me math, it wont work.

don't go telling people to make it them self's, if your so smart why do you do it.

fyi i've tried to learn how to use the CK at one point but my mine just can not grasp it no mater how hard i bang my head on a brick wall, also i've done my fare share of editing of level lists over the years, its high time the there was a better way to handle level lists for large mods.

Pretty much this. I can build things in the CK but I'm not any good with certain parts of it.

For anyone wondering why they can't see the backpacks when they're equipped, you have to change the equip slot under the biped data in the armor form and armor addon form. I changed it from 61-fx to 54-unnamed by using FO4Edit. Don't ask me about creation kit because mine never loads.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 9:21 PM, Zor2k13 said:

After I edited the leveled lists and set the weapon damage for all guns to be balanced to vanilla the shotguns are not much of a problem far away except denial of vision with all that fire everywhere. Slag for me usually spawns with an automatic laser weapon like he normally does in vanilla game and those forged have flamers in that room. I have some big guns from other mods I bring with me to deal with slag by shooting him in the head as much as possible while a follower deals with those forged in there. Something strange I noticed about some enemy damage amounts is the triggermen in vault 114 they seem to have the ability to punch off power armor parts and shoot 10mm pistols better than anyone let alone guns from this mod. I don't know if this mod changes them or if it is another mod or vanilla.

So far I have not encountered one enemy with the saiga 12 shooting at me that I can remember gonna have to look for that at higher levels too. That gun can really clean house in vats. I usually find this gun in loot or being sold by a vendor or if it was on an enemy they were not using it at the time.

Can you send your edited level list?  I love MF, but even with the reduction patch with no stagger, these guys are still way overpowered as compared to vanilla.  Plus they drop like wildfire on every mob.  I don't have the skills to do my own edits, I would love it if you wouldn't mind sharing yours.  I'm running MF 25.1-4.  I want to enjoy a vanilla difficulty game but be able to use a few of my favorite Modern weapons.  I'd like to see a greatly reduced drop rate on mobs, or even zero and just buy the guns I want to use with adjusted damage.

Edited by puppyjsn

I borked some keywords though so it will be kind of messed up like for example there is no more "misc" section for harnesses and belts and armor pieces from this mod because I screwed up the renamed vanilla keyword for that trying to fix it. Best thing to do is wait for the next version which will use leveled list injection as mentioned many pages back.

"Help mfcontainer 4" will list IDs for two containers, one for the armour, one for guns and parts. If you have modern sidearms the guns and parts from that will integrate into the weapons container. "Player.placeatme" with the relevant ID will spawn the crate. 

The proper way to get the parts of course is to loot guns from your enemies and scrap them. 

For xbone users who may or may not browse this forum dreaming of one day getting to play with the mods here, the xbone has finally got an update to 2.5 1.4, courtesy of a texture compression tool and some head scratching from Whiskey, Luna and Darkheart. Get it at everyone's favourite site lol. 

https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/4044515

• 1 month later...

Yes, certainly progress, but it's slow work as there's a LOT to do, and only a couple of guys doing it currently, Whiskey is battling through rigging animations, adding new weapon platforms and Zoomah has been scripting and designing the way the core of the mod works. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it the whole mod is essentially being rebuilt from the ground up, which would be a huge task even if new guns weren't being added. Still, the result should be a level list that plays nice with others, a bunch of awesome looking interface stuff, faster script times and perhaps over 100 guns with animations as closely matched as possible. Worth the wait I'm sure, but a wait is definitely involved lol. 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Benmc20 said:

No idea if this question is already answered but... What about the meaning of the different ammo types ? FMJ ? AP ? HP ? I think the meaning of AP is "armor piercing", but for the others ?

AP= Armor Piercing, FMJ= Full Metal Jacket, HP=Hollow Point, HE= High Explosive, Cluster is little bomblets that scatter over a wide area, Need to be shot into the air and falls down on the target not to be used in close targets as it will explode on you also.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...