Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

Sure! But what is best to know is what I wrote below of that. Many people that found this tool, checked  or unchecked some parts of this tool lists, and called them self a modder! Modders are C# script coders and not anyone that downloads a sim3 modding tool.

I say this because if you ask any of them to give you a list of what they disabled with this tool, they will be mean at least on you. So fuck them! I gave you a solution about it above and if you don't understand it, ask me again.   

See, I'm not even a modder by the widest stretch of the imagination, so I just read what you said and thought 'nope'. So my takeaway from this is that while I'm good at troubleshooting and am a fantastic beta tester, THAT is my strength in the modding community - not the making of them. I know that it's relatively simple from your perspective, which is great, because otherwise we wouldn't have this fantastic mod.

For me though, the choice between having this mod and enduring the special effects, and NOT having this mod and not having special effects - well, that's a no-brainer. I'm going to take sexual variety and autonomy every time over worrying about a few hearts and flowers.

So thankyou, and to everyone else, if you're having the mosaic problem, check your mods for the no woohoo effects mod I linked to above, and if that's not the problem, it's time to divide and conquer.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the work you have put into this, superstorm (and others!); I only recently got back into ts3 and passion is making my game experience even more fun this time around :D I'm also happy to report that so far I have only had minor issues that I've been able to resolve with reloads/resets :>

Today I ran into something that I hesitate to even call an issue but I'm still hopeful it can be improved. This isn't really something to do with passion itself but with one of the animation packs. I just thought of asking here because this thread seems much more active and like it also has some savvy users (plus the pack's creator, the master, seems to have been inactive for half a year), but feel free to send me back over to the master's main thread!

The (non-)issue is the following: two positions available on the same object from the main masteranimations pack use the same animation, but this seems to be a bug rather than something deliberate. The positions (I think) are intended to be different: their names in the menu are "coffee table lay missionary" and "couch kneel missionary", but they're using the same (kneeling) animation. I hope I'm not being rude/ignorant with my assumption but I believe there might have been a small mixup where "coffee table lay missionary" accidentally got linked to the wrong clip.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I tried to look around a bit and this same position seems to have had some issues in the past too, per this post over in the master's thread: MrsSanta's post.

I'm using the most recent packages linked at the top of the main thread, v1.3.1. Do you guys have any ideas on how to resolve this if there's no update coming? I can edit packages in s3pe (or some other utility) if I'm told what to look for, but that's about the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid :D

edit: from what I can tell, Masteranimations.package does seem to include clips for three different missionary positions on the coffee table (for three missionary menu items), so the "coffee table lay missionary" animation probably exists?

post-2249568-0-76869100-1503175558_thumb.png

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the work you have put into this, superstorm (and others!); I only recently got back into ts3 and passion is making my game experience even more fun this time around :D I'm also happy to report that so far I have only had minor issues that I've been able to resolve with reloads/resets :>

Today I ran into something that I hesitate to even call an issue but I'm still hopeful it can be improved. This isn't really something to do with passion itself but with one of the animation packs. I just thought of asking here because this thread seems much more active and like it also has some savvy users (plus the pack's creator, the master, seems to have been inactive for half a year), but feel free to send me back over to the master's main thread!

The (non-)issue is the following: two positions available on the same object from the main masteranimations pack use the same animation, but this seems to be a bug rather than something deliberate. The positions (I think) are intended to be different: their names in the menu are "coffee table lay missionary" and "couch kneel missionary", but they're using the same (kneeling) animation. I hope I'm not being rude/ignorant with my assumption but I believe there might have been a small mixup where "coffee table lay missionary" accidentally got linked to the wrong clip.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I tried to look around a bit and this same position seems to have had some issues in the past too, per this post over in the master's thread: MrsSanta's post.

I'm using the most recent packages linked at the top of the main thread, v1.3.1. Do you guys have any ideas on how to resolve this if there's no update coming? I can edit packages in s3pe (or some other utility) if I'm told what to look for, but that's about the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid :D

edit: from what I can tell, Masteranimations.package does seem to include clips for three different missionary positions on the coffee table (for three missionary menu items), so the "coffee table lay missionary" animation probably exists?

From what I saw in my packages the animation clips of those 2 animations have different file size in S3PE so they can not be the same. The screenshot that you gave above tells nothing of it. The file size and mem size are more important in this case. If they are different (compare the clips that end with -A- and the clips that end with -B-, the issue is elsewhere. Try to reload the animations in passion to see if this changes a thing. Go to positions setting, scroll down and click the [reload defaults] or go to females use strapon and click yes or no (this also reloads them) If the issue is still there re-download  Master animations for KW from here because you might have corrupted the XML file of them. Passion does things like that, if the XML files of the animations have premature endings. That means that you have something like <accessory> but you don't have </accessory> or the XML miss <,/,> somewhere. There is a tool to check XMLs for errors, that I use.

Download Notepad++ and the XML Tools plugin.

After you download an install them go to S3PE ->Settings -> External programs Settings and click the Use an external text Editor.

Open the animation packages that contain XMLs and check them with XML tools for errors.

In my case OKW Master animations XML has no errors.

It's not that it's wrong per se, but that a sim may get stuck in one animation while the other sim moves on to the next.

To "fix" it, choose a very different position (if they are widthways across the table, choose one that goes lengthways) to force them to remember what they're doing then change position to whatever you wanted to do in the first place. I had the same issue last night and I think it's just that sims sometimes do stupid things. It's not an issue with the animations or the mod, it's just that sims is a very very buggy game to begin with. The animation errors I think stem from the same in-game issue that has toddlers sitting with a xylophone behind them and their arms twisted around behind banging away. It ruins the moment, but what's sims without hilarious animation fails? :P

Modders are C# script coders and not anyone that downloads a sim3 modding tool.

I say this because if you ask any of them to give you a list of what they disabled with this tool, they will be mean at least on you. So fuck them! I gave you a solution about it above and if you don't understand it, ask me again.   

Not completely right C# script coders are not the only modders XML Tune Modders like Twoftmama, Bluegenjutsu and Shimrod for example are also modders as are too a lesser extent CC creators and CAW world builders as custom worlds and CC content like cars, clothing, patterns, animations etc are technically game modifications.

A modder is anyone that is capable of reading and working with game files whether it be Script code, XML code, AUDT files, _VID files, VOCE files, JAZZ etc. and making workable usable custom content.

Alot of the things some CAW world builders add to their world builds such mountain top water planes require a bit of knowledge and working with HEX code. Of course you could try your luck with that buggy Pond Tool in Super CAW but as any experienced world builder will tell you that it's not worth the problems it can cause.

Signed,

SimAd_Nraas

Modders are C# script coders and not anyone that downloads a sim3 modding tool.

Not completely right C# script coders are not the only modders XML Tune Modders like Twoftmama, Bluegenjutsu and Shimrod for example are also modders as are too a lesser extent CC creators and CAW world builders as custom worlds and CC content like cars, clothing, patterns, animations etc are technically game modifications.

A modder is anyone that is capable of reading and working with game files whether it be Script code, XML code, AUDT files, _VID files, VOCE files, JAZZ etc. and making workable usable custom content.

Alot of the things some CAW world builders add to their world builds such mountain top water planes require a bit of knowledge and working with HEX code. Of course you could try your luck with that buggy Pond Tool in Super CAW but as any experienced world builder will tell you that it's not worth the problems it can cause.

Signed,

SimAd_Nraas

In the way you put it, I agree that anyone who has the knowledge to edit a script of any kind or create a 3d mesh or texture, can make changes in a game and that is called a mod. In the way I put it, any one who wants to do so, must use a modding tool to get access to the game files.

This modding tool(s) called S3PE, S3OC, CTU etc  made by a C# script coder. This modding tool gets the mesh, XML scripts and dlls and creates the mods. With out those tools no one could ever do anything, and the only game file that could be accessed is some ini file and nothing more. This gives the answer to who is called modder.

The point of the above post is for some people that use the effect modder  tool, that needs no knowledge of any meshing and scripting. Just to check or uncheck effects names. The modder here is the tool it self (TS3_No_Effects_Modder) as it called and not the user that use it.

It happened once to me to ask one of them about the list of disabled effects, so I can remove or add more of them because you can only use one package with this resource and I got a very mean answer about it. So I described a way to get it on your own. 

Regards

SuperStorm

From what I saw in my packages the animation clips of those 2 animations have different file size in S3PE so they can not be the same. The screenshot that you gave above tells nothing of it. The file size and mem size are more important in this case. If they are different (compare the clips that end with -A- and the clips that end with -B-, the issue is elsewhere. Try to reload the animations in passion to see if this changes a thing. Go to positions setting, scroll down and click the [reload defaults] or go to females use strapon and click yes or no (this also reloads them) If the issue is still there re-download  Master animations for KW from here because you might have corrupted the XML file of them. Passion does things like that, if the XML files of the animations have premature endings. That means that you have something like <accessory> but you don't have </accessory> or the XML miss <,/,> somewhere. There is a tool to check XMLs for errors, that I use.

After you download an install them go to S3PE ->Settings -> External programs Settings and click the Use an external text Editor.

Open the animation packages that contain XMLs and check them with XML tools for errors.

Thanks for all the guidance and help! Unfortunately, the problem still seems to persist.

I tried the position reset you suggested first, but "coffee table lay missionary" still used the same kneeling animation.

I then checked the clips in Masteranimations.package for the memsize; here's a screenshot with all the info s3pe displays this time:

346f3a3887.png

So that seemed fine if I understood your reply right. I also checked the XML in AW_Masteranimations.package with the plugin, but it detected no syntax errors.

At this point I tried taking the animations out of my packages folder, loading up the game, resetting the position list again, saving and quitting, then reloading with the packages placed back, combined with floopyboo's advice to switch between different animations a few times. No luck.

With that not working either, I removed the AW version of the animations again and tried the latest KW ones from the main thread, Kinky World Masteranimations v1.3.1(Fixed STBL). I also checked these both for the clips and for any errors in the XML just for the sake of it before placing them in my folder. "(KW) coffee table lay missionary" was also kneeling when I tried it out in the game.

To be honest I feel like this might be more hassle than it's worth for either of us, after all it's just one animation I can't use out of hundreds, but if you still have any ideas, I could try them. Either way, thank you for all the suggestions, I appreciate it!

It's not that it's wrong per se, but that a sim may get stuck in one animation while the other sim moves on to the next.

To "fix" it, choose a very different position (if they are widthways across the table, choose one that goes lengthways) to force them to remember what they're doing then change position to whatever you wanted to do in the first place. I had the same issue last night and I think it's just that sims sometimes do stupid things. It's not an issue with the animations or the mod, it's just that sims is a very very buggy game to begin with. The animation errors I think stem from the same in-game issue that has toddlers sitting with a xylophone behind them and their arms twisted around behind banging away. It ruins the moment, but what's sims without hilarious animation fails? :P

Thank you, I tried this, but unfortunately, no laying missionary position appeared :')

I have to agree that there's a certain charm to the game's animations fails (when they aren't producing horrifying eldritch abominations), but it seems doubtful this is one of them, I think :D

To "fix" it, choose a very different position (if they are widthways across the table, choose one that goes lengthways) to force them to remember what they're doing then change position to whatever you wanted to do in the first place. I had the same issue last night and I think it's just that sims sometimes do stupid things. It's not an issue with the animations or the mod, it's just that sims is a very very buggy game to begin with. The animation errors I think stem from the same in-game issue that has toddlers sitting with a xylophone behind them and their arms twisted around behind banging away. It ruins the moment, but what's sims without hilarious animation fails? tongue.png

Thank you, I tried this, but unfortunately, no laying missionary position appeared :')

I have to agree that there's a certain charm to the game's animations fails (when they aren't producing horrifying eldritch abominations), but it seems doubtful this is one of them, I think biggrin.png

I'm really surprised, because the only reason I said what I did was because I had the exact same problem with the exact same animation and object and that was how I fixed it - just got them to do a different position to correct the error and then I went back to that same previously broken animation and I was able to get it to work. I do hope you find a solution though, it's annoying to have to make them play musical chairs with their coffee table sex!

I'm really surprised, because the only reason I said what I did was because I had the exact same problem with the exact same animation and object and that was how I fixed it - just got them to do a different position to correct the error and then I went back to that same previously broken animation and I was able to get it to work. I do hope you find a solution though, it's annoying to have to make them play musical chairs with their coffee table sex!

Huh, that's weird. Guess I'll try a couple more times with some redownloads/clears/resets and whatnot. I'm glad to know this is on my end, though, and not a missing animation or something – this seems maybe easier to correct even if it's a bit of an inconvenience right now.

Thanks for all the guidance and help! Unfortunately, the problem still seems to persist.

I tried the position reset you suggested first, but "coffee table lay missionary" still used the same kneeling animation.

I then checked the clips in Masteranimations.package for the memsize; here's a screenshot with all the info s3pe displays this time:

346f3a3887.png

So that seemed fine if I understood your reply right. I also checked the XML in AW_Masteranimations.package with the plugin, but it detected no syntax errors.

At this point I tried taking the animations out of my packages folder, loading up the game, resetting the position list again, saving and quitting, then reloading with the packages placed back, combined with floopyboo's advice to switch between different animations a few times. No luck.

With that not working either, I removed the AW version of the animations again and tried the latest KW ones from the main thread, Kinky World Masteranimations v1.3.1(Fixed STBL). I also checked these both for the clips and for any errors in the XML just for the sake of it before placing them in my folder. "(KW) coffee table lay missionary" was also kneeling when I tried it out in the game.

To be honest I feel like this might be more hassle than it's worth for either of us, after all it's just one animation I can't use out of hundreds, but if you still have any ideas, I could try them. Either way, thank you for all the suggestions, I appreciate it!

I have to agree that there's a certain charm to the game's animations fails (when they aren't producing horrifying eldritch abominations), but it seems doubtful this is one of them, I think :D

Since both KW and AW makes the same thing in those animations the only think that I can imagine is that the creator made the same animation for 2 different furnitures. I have s test setup to test the script code of cumshots and I use only climax animations for this purpose. So I can't load and see if those 2 animations are the same or not.

Is anyone who has the time to see it? I also request that, please!    

Signed,

SimAd_Nraas

In the way you put it, I agree that anyone who has the knowledge to edit a script of any kind or create a 3d mesh or texture, can make changes in a game and that is called a mod. In the way I put it, any one who wants to do so, must use a modding tool to get access to the game files.

This modding tool(s) called S3PE, S3OC, CTU etc  made by a C# script coder. This modding tool gets the mesh, XML scripts and dlls and creates the mods. With out those tools no one could ever do anything, and the only game file that could be accessed is some ini file and nothing more. This gives the answer to who is called modder.

The point of the above post is for some people that use the effect modder  tool, that needs no knowledge of any meshing and scripting. Just to check or uncheck effects names. The modder here is the tool it self (TS3_No_Effects_Modder) as it called and not the user that use it.

It happened once to me to ask one of them about the list of disabled effects, so I can remove or add more of them because you can only use one package with this resource and I got a very mean answer about it. So I described a way to get it on your own. 

Regards

SuperStorm

As Inge Jones had once said it's a programmer who makes the modding tools and it's the modder who uses the tools. With out the programmers modders wouldn't have any thing to make mods with.

While C# coders are modders not all of them are programmers; take Chain_Reaction for example while he is a C# script modder he is not a programmer he's actually a Web Designer. Visual Studio, Xamarin, ILSpy etc without a programmer making those C# script modders would have no tools to use.

It's more of who is the programmer. I take it that you're also a programmer like I once was before I retired :):P

But I agree with the TS3_No_Effects_Modder it takes all the work and fun out of making a mod not too mention the satisfaction of a job well done once you pop that new mod in your game and it works like you want it too, plus you won't learn anything like you would when you do it the hard way.

And yeah when you ask someone about their mod and they give a mean response I wouldn't call that person a modder even if they are script coder as a true modder is willing to answer questions and help when someone wants to disable more things like "effects" or in the case of say a mod that edits the NPC Roles XML and you have another mod that also edits the NPC Roles XML and you want to keep the changes of both they should be willing to tell you what they did so you can combine the changes into one mod.

And love what you've done with Passion by the way keep up the good work. We old timers may not be active but we are still around and I think SimsMX is lurking around here also.

superstorm i have a question about the inner workings of the mod!

how is it that your mod understands what anims to cue mask addons to?

is it the FNV64 key or the name of the clip resource itself?

im studying the passion_climax_animations package still trying to figure out how to modify the package to add the masks to my personal favorite animations.

im still trying to master the makings of anims in blender myself, but once i am confident of the quality level i would like to be able to add mask cues to my own anims and am curious how.

thanks for keeping this awesome mod alive.

holy crap! his holiness has returned to us!

wait, don't leave yet! I have to kiss the bottom of your shoes!

I'm around from time to time :)

boom! they say: don't meet your idols; youll be disapointed. well, i say: suck it, no im not :exclamation:

i should choose my words carefully here as i only get one shot a this.

youve heard it 7899876 times im sure but thanks for your genius and also for inspiring a generation of curious and ambitious modders.

i had questions to ask at one point but ive long forgot in the past couple years, so i wont take anymore of your time  :shy:

I think SimsMX is lurking around here also.

havent heard much from him since simlogical closed down. but also swear by his mods to this day.

i think the only 2 old time greats still semi-active are icarus_allsorts and arsil from MTS

Pescado is still active and pretty much everyone else is waiting to see if there will be a TS 5 as lets face it TS 4 is a big let down I play TS4 but only in small intervals.

I think SimsMX is lurking around here also.

havent heard much from him since simlogical closed down. but also swear by his mods to this day.

i think the only 2 old time greats still semi-active are icarus_allsorts and arsil from MTS

Pescado is still active and pretty much everyone else is waiting to see if there will be a TS 5 as lets face it TS 4 is a big let down I play TS4 but only in small intervals.

agreed, although some features would be nice to have in ts3, like the multitasking. but with the way cities: skylines took a gamble and overlapped the new sim city, hopefully someone will have the balls to challenge EA on its other titles that it holds an unnecessary monopoly on.

it cant just buy off the competition the way it did with Madden NFL, for its simulation genres.

agreed, although some features would be nice to have in ts3, like the multitasking. but with the way cities: skylines took a gamble and overlapped the new sim city, hopefully someone will have the balls to challenge EA on its other titles that it holds an unnecessary monopoly on.

it cant just buy off the competition the way it did with Madden NFL, for its simulation genres.

Actually Skylines is Sim City as it was taken over by another developer after EA abandoned it. I suspect the same thing may happen to The Sims at some point in the future.

Okay I have double copied a KW test anim that clones an anim already known to have a mask cue with my own name, and it doesnt work, so i guess it is its by FNV64 key.

maybe if I change the name of the anim resource to exactly the same as the one that works, I can get it to add the mask to actor 2 ?

let me know if im on to something here, superstorm! thx :shy:

Actually Skylines is Sim City as it was taken over by another developer after EA abandoned it. I suspect the same thing may happen to The Sims at some point in the future.

No not Cities XXL, I mean Cities Skylines. Cities XXL was cool, but in no way as succesful as cities skylines, which has a few expansion packs out, even.

No not Cities XXL, I mean Cities Skylines. Cities XXL was cool, but in no way as succesful as cities skylines, which has a few expansion packs out, even.

So am I. Paradox and Colossal made it into the game it should have been. Whereas Focus simply tried to mimic it.

Since both KW and AW makes the same thing in those animations the only think that I can imagine is that the creator made the same animation for 2 different furnitures. I have s test setup to test the script code of cumshots and I use only climax animations for this purpose. So I can't load and see if those 2 animations are the same or not.

Happy to run a troubleshoot for you if it's not too late. Let me know what you need me to do.

Happy to run a troubleshoot for you if it's not too late. Let me know what you need me to do.

In case you have Master animations KW or AW, can you see if "coffee table lay missionary" and "couch kneel missionary" are the same in your game?  Thanks!

In case you have Master animations KW or AW, can you see if "coffee table lay missionary" and "couch kneel missionary" are the same in your game?  Thanks!

They are very similar looking positions. Pic of the two animations side by side.

attachicon.gifCouch Kneel + Coffee Table Lay .jpg

edit: I'm leaving my original reply below, but disregard it because I'm just an unobservant idiot.

The positions differ in a couple degrees of the second partner's back, I just hadn't noticed because of my camera angle, I think (plus I was expecting more of a lying back thing, probably). Your screenshot made it more obvious so I checked while looking right from the side, and yep, they're different.

I'm so so sorry for all the trouble, superstorm and floopyboo, I feel like an idiot and really bad for making both of you go through all that troubleshooting for nothing when I could have just been more thorough when checking the positions.

I will now go crawl away to my shame corner.

I think the issue isn't so much that an object has an animation from another one, since lots of couch animations do work well for coffee tables when enabled (and this one does too), but that the coffee table has menu items for both a kneeling and a laying type of missionary position, but they both use the same (couch-enabled) kneeling animation.

In the meantime, I looked at the XML in AW_Masteranimations.package again. Here are some observations that may or may not be relevant:

• the clip for a_coffee_table_lay_missionary is assigned to a position:

<Position>
        <animCreator>The Master</animCreator>
        <animName>Masteranimations.a_coffee_table_lay_missionary_01</animName>
        <animText1>a_coffee_table_lay_missionary</animText1>

• the clip for a_coffee_table_missionary_kneel isn't assigned to a position, but I'm guessing that a_couch_missionary_kneel got enabled for coffee tables. (I'm not entirely sure why a_coffee_table_missionary_kneel is included in Masteranimations.package then? If nothing in the AW_Masteranimations XML uses it? But that's probably just my modding ignorance talking)

Hi Superstorm,

Does Passion support animations on all sorts of cars? I made animations for the Sloppy Jalopy and got comments about them not working with Passion. Just checking to make sure, so I know if I can promote my animations for Passion too :) 

They are very similar looking positions. Pic of the two animations side by side.

attachicon.gifCouch Kneel + Coffee Table Lay .jpg

edit: I'm leaving my original reply below, but disregard it because I'm just an unobservant idiot.

The positions differ in a couple degrees of the second partner's back, I just hadn't noticed because of my camera angle, I think (plus I was expecting more of a lying back thing, probably). Your screenshot made it more obvious so I checked while looking right from the side, and yep, they're different.

I'm so so sorry for all the trouble, superstorm and floopyboo, I feel like an idiot and really bad for making both of you go through all that troubleshooting for nothing when I could have just been more thorough when checking the positions.

I will now go crawl away to my shame corner.

I think the issue isn't so much that an object has an animation from another one, since lots of couch animations do work well for coffee tables when enabled (and this one does too), but that the coffee table has menu items for both a kneeling and a laying type of missionary position, but they both use the same (couch-enabled) kneeling animation.

In the meantime, I looked at the XML in AW_Masteranimations.package again. Here are some observations that may or may not be relevant:

• the clip for a_coffee_table_lay_missionary is assigned to a position:

<Position>
        <animCreator>The Master</animCreator>
        <animName>Masteranimations.a_coffee_table_lay_missionary_01</animName>
        <animText1>a_coffee_table_lay_missionary</animText1>

• the clip for a_coffee_table_missionary_kneel isn't assigned to a position, but I'm guessing that a_couch_missionary_kneel got enabled for coffee tables. (I'm not entirely sure why a_coffee_table_missionary_kneel is included in Masteranimations.package then? If nothing in the AW_Masteranimations XML uses it? But that's probably just my modding ignorance talking)

Nah mate, it's fun to troubleshoot. smile.png

Also, the first thing i noticed was the different facial expressions. I queued them up at the same time.

Hi Superstorm,

Does Passion support animations on all sorts of cars? I made animations for the Sloppy Jalopy and got comments about them not working with Passion. Just checking to make sure, so I know if I can promote my animations for Passion too :)

Every creator makes new creations and I'm really glad for that!

If something doesn't work for the present in passion, don't worry!

It will work soon! That's updates for! And because I'm close to a new one, I'll look at it to add it!

Big thanks for telling me!