42 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

20 of them in the Bannered Mare? Most of them will not have a chance to get busy... And it will get every Computer to its knees.

My crappy laptop is managing it so far, even though the mod is rather script heavy. Ok, I don;t have 20 of them in there :smile: I do have quite a few running around Whiterun.

38 minutes ago, Musje said:

My crappy laptop is managing it so far, even though the mod is rather script heavy. Ok, I don;t have 20 of them in there :smile: I do have quite a few running around Whiterun.

Is it in the actual version? or do i have to wait for the update?

22 hours ago, Musje said:

Not sure about Hydra Slaves, that mod seems to have some issues in relation with PAHE. Another good mod for getting nicer slaves from the wild is Prettier Bandits

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4423-sexy-bandit-captives-mod-to-sex-slaves-for-vanilla-bandit-camps/

This one adds nicer looking PAHE slave candidates. Capture through dialogue too, so they come come with a parking mechanism built in before turning them into full slaves.

The problem I've had with Hydra is respawning flags on all of the mod's NPCs. Change that in xEdit for your favorite named slaves and they work well. Generically named, non-unique Hydra slaves change appearances on cell change/ reset, so I don't bother with them.

After playing a while with this mod, I just think that an integration with hydra is not necessary, since you can basicly make your own hydra slavegirls concept with this. But i suppose we could use some options coming with MCM in near future.

Firstly, selling slaves to vendors is too much hassle, I would like an MCM option where selling slaves to vendors require no specific training.

Secondly, we could use a toggle in MCM for slave owners can get rid of their slaves or not.  I got tired of seeing Nazeem getting rid of their slaves. We get it Nazeem, the one i sold you wasnt fitting to cloud district.

Thirdly, I havent tried the slave camps ( i think i actually did like years ago but i dont remember well ) so I dont know if it is possible but a place where slaves are auto generated ( toggling races nord redguard etc with MCM ) so you can buy them as much as you want, just like in the "Slave Trainer" mod, where there are 3 npcs standing in whiterun, they auto generate new one as you buy them would be cool.

Lastly, I dont know how this can be implemented. I really dont know how stuff works, but I would also like to put slaves in a specific location to sandbox around. Just like when we sell one to the blacksmith and she sandboxes around, using objects, we put slaves on farms for example, tell them to sandbox around and they just plow grounds etc. My entire goal here is to fill up enviroment with slaves I captured, mines, farms shops.

Again, I have no idea if these are completely impossible to do, or wants too much work. I do believe the mod works awesome as it is and thank you for your hard work.

Another question is, as you mentioned on above posts, I think you'll be adding slaves to cities. Which means there will be some new npcs added by the mod. Do you plan to make them all women, or with some men too? I would be so happy to know  since I use Slaverun with this, it would be quite immersion breaking to see dude slaves around, tho i know many people here wants the opposite, so maybe an MCM toggle could save the day i suppose?

One last question. When you update this mod, will we be able to use it on our current saves that has this mods previous versions already? I really hope we can. 

Thanks for reading!

Just now, magehunter12 said:

Firstly, selling slaves to vendors is too much hassle, I would like an MCM option where selling slaves to vendors require no specific training.

Maybe :smile:  You slacker

Secondly, we could use a toggle in MCM for slave owners can get rid of their slaves or not.  I got tired of seeing Nazeem getting rid of their slaves. We get it Nazeem, the one i sold you wasnt fitting to cloud district.

Yeah that's a bug rather than a feature. I'm not sure why; slaves are deleted ("sold") when they somehow end up deactivated or dead. Maybe Nazeem has a dark streak we dont know about.

Thirdly, I havent tried the slave camps ( i think i actually did like years ago but i dont remember well ) so I dont know if it is possible but a place where slaves are auto generated ( toggling races nord redguard etc with MCM ) so you can buy them as much as you want, just like in the "Slave Trainer" mod, where there are 3 npcs standing in whiterun, they auto generate new one as you buy them would be cool.

Not too hard to add but it'll have to blend in... so maybe these vendors only appear in cities where slavery is already common (so you'll have to work for it :smile: )  Also they'd be fairly expensive.

Lastly, I dont know how this can be implemented. I really dont know how stuff works, but I would also like to put slaves in a specific location to sandbox around. Just like when we sell one to the blacksmith and she sandboxes around, using objects, we put slaves on farms for example, tell them to sandbox around and they just plow grounds etc. My entire goal here is to fill up enviroment with slaves I captured, mines, farms shops.

You can sell them to farmers and they will sandbox around the farm.  They stick around their owners more or less

One last question. When you update this mod, will we be able to use it on our current saves that has this mods previous versions already? I really hope we can. 

Yes you can.

I find a lot of Magehunter12's ideas have merit - particularly the MCM menu changes. The problem I had with this mod when I was using it was the multiplication of slaves made getting around hard. First, they take up space but also, the more NPCs in my vicinity the more my movement tends to lag. I would prefer an MCM menu that would allow rapid turnaround of "sold" slaves so that they disappear from the screen (as they do in the Restless Hunter after being auctioned in HSH). Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work and terrific implementation of ideas.

Okay, I edited my comment on last second so probably you havent seen it. 

Firstly thank you for your replies, I can already see mod will be even better than it is. 

So my last ( this time actually last ) question would be about new slaves you planning to add to cities. Pit fighters, prostitutes etc, new npcs coming will be able female or with some male ones too? As someone who uses Slaverun with your mod, it slightly breaks immersion to see dude slaves around. I know that many people here wants opposite of what I want, so what would you think of an MCM option to make all implemented slave npcs female, male or mixed?

Not getting much movemen lag on my machine... how many slaves did you sell?! And my Whiterun looks like Times Square what with all the extra NPCs from various mods :smile:

But in any case I will add a slider that will cycle slaves a bit faster.

Not sure yet how to implement slavery progression with that, because a city's level of slavery depends on how many slaves are running around there. If they get sold off quickly, you'll never get the higher levels. At the moment the level drops if slaves are sold, but after level 4/5 it locks in and doesn't drop any more. Maybe I'll make it so that the level increases with every slave added to a city, but doesn't decrease when they disappear.

As for new slaves, they come from 3 places at the moment: from the slaves you sell at the Restless Hunter, from the losers of the civil war, and from random bandits. With Prettier Bandits that gives you Pretty slaves as well :smile:  I can simply add an MCM option that lets you specify if you want guys or girls only, or a mix.

There's a reason I never added nicer looking male bandits to Prettier Banditsy.  Asked a couple of times if anyone wanted that and there was just no interest, zero, zilch, nada, nobody, not one person.  LOL   Seems most of the interest, at least where slaves are concerned, are on female slaves.  And by most I mean 99% of it.  Not that I have a problem with that, happens to be my personal preference (plus being less work for me) but it was one of the things I was a bit surprised by.  I though maybe some of the gals might want some handsome dudes to slap in chains, but nope!  LOL 

One thing I've noticed selling slaves in Whiterun and Markarth, some die as the result of falls.  When you first load into a city the 'owner' of a slave will already be walking before the slave spawns in and then they run to catch up.  In Whiterun they sometimes run off the edge at Dragonsreach and fall to their death, ironically even if they land in the water.  I've found a dead slave floating in the pools below Dragonsreach on several occasions (usually slaves I'd sold to Vignar, Olfrid or Idolaf).  Markarth is a virtual death sentence for the poor slaves you sell there if its to anyone who wanders about.  I doubt there's anything Musje can do about the falls since it has to do with how things get loaded and in what order, residents get loaded well before slaves and all before you finish loading in.

The Civil War can be hard on slaves sold in Whiterun if you fight the big battle there (same for Solitude or Windhelm).  The Civil War Siege quests which manages the battles doesn't know what to do with them and so they often get left in the city in the middle of combat and sometimes attacked by both sides, so expect a lot of dead slaves afterwards.  Before you ask Musje to try an mod that quest to fix that problem, don't ask.  I've tried modding that quest just to integrate some changes I made to Whiterun, its a huge headache to mess with and I wouldn't wish that kind of frustration on anyone, much less someone nice as Musje.

1 hour ago, Musje said:

You can sell them to farmers and they will sandbox around the farm.  They stick around their owners more or less

Do you remember the mod "Family Feud" from when Paradise Halls was still on Nexus? This is the sort of thing to which Magehunter12 is referring, I believe. They would live outside and sandbox in the fields or other sites on the farm. It was next to the Pelagia Farm on the road in front of Whiterun.

38 minutes ago, Musje said:

Not getting much movemen lag on my machine... how many slaves did you sell?! And my Whiterun looks like Times Square what with all the extra NPCs from various mods :smile:

But in any case I will add a slider that will cycle slaves a bit faster.

First, thank you, as usual for your response. I am probably just being oversensitive. There were a few outside in Whiterun and more indoors. There was definitely a lag (compared to not using them) but it wasn't like the frame rate had dropped to 10 or anything. 

Finally EinarrtheRed is right that many things affect the slaves longevity. However, one of the more interesting effects I had was when I sold an orc (male by the way) to Nazeem. Shortly after that Nazeem met his fate at the hands of a vampire attack. The poor slave spent a long time just standing outside the Drunken Huntsman (not to be confused with the Restless Hunter) waiting for "master to come home." He was like a lost puppy.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Do you remember the mod "Family Feud" from when Paradise Halls was still on Nexus? This is the sort of thing to which Magehunter12 is referring, I believe. They would live outside and sandbox in the fields or other sites on the farm. It was next to the Pelagia Farm on the road in front of Whiterun.

I haven't played Family Feud but I think you understand correctly. Hydras Slavegirls has similar stuff too where girls just randomly sandboxing around farms, plowing stuff and walking around, interacting with objects without following another npc. It is not fallout, so I dont know how it would be easy or not to implement a system were you can assign them to sandbox inside the game. 

One thing I want to warn people here is, I dont find it a good idea to sell slaves to npcs coming with populated cities etc. whoever you sell, you see the slave tomorrow following another person, since they get reseted when you are not in that cell. Also sometimes they get bugged and stuck waiting at doors forever.

Just now, xyzxyz said:

Why did a shop assistent slave got a yoke? It's not very usefull in a shop ^^

Sometimes they get punished :smile: It'll be gone when you visit next probably. Plus they can still talk to customers about what sword would look good with their hair and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Musje said:

Sometimes they get punished :smile: It'll be gone when you visit next probably. Plus they can still talk to customers about what sword would look good with their hair and whatnot.

I never saw one talking. Just standing or sitting around.

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

There's a reason I never added nicer looking male bandits to Prettier Banditsy.  Asked a couple of times if anyone wanted that and there was just no interest, zero, zilch, nada, nobody, not one person.  LOL   Seems most of the interest, at least where slaves are concerned, are on female slaves.  And by most I mean 99% of it.  Not that I have a problem with that, happens to be my personal preference (plus being less work for me) but it was one of the things I was a bit surprised by.  I though maybe some of the gals might want some handsome dudes to slap in chains, but nope!  LOL

The guys in Skyrim are kinda crap. I played with SAM for a bit but that mod caused some problems, though I can't remember what exactly. There are some nice looking followers around, but it doesn't pay getting their kit off ;)

One thing I've noticed selling slaves in Whiterun and Markarth, some die as the result of falls.  When you first load into a city the 'owner' of a slave will already be walking before the slave spawns in and then they run to catch up.  In Whiterun they sometimes run off the edge at Dragonsreach and fall to their death, ironically even if they land in the water.  I've found a dead slave floating in the pools below Dragonsreach on several occasions (usually slaves I'd sold to Vignar, Olfrid or Idolaf).  Markarth is a virtual death sentence for the poor slaves you sell there if its to anyone who wanders about.  I doubt there's anything Musje can do about the falls since it has to do with how things get loaded and in what order, residents get loaded well before slaves and all before you finish loading in.

Hm. Maybe it can be fixed. When you enter a zone, the slaves in that zone who are unslotted (not assigned to an AI package) will be teleported to their master and assigned a slot if one is available. But slaves who already hold a slot will just be left to run to their master as dictated by the AI package.  Maybe adding a teleport to those slaves will prevent them from falling...

3 hours ago, Musje said:

The guys in Skyrim are kinda crap. I played with SAM for a bit but that mod caused some problems, though I can't remember what exactly. There are some nice looking followers around, but it doesn't pay getting their kit off ;)

LOL, I'll take your word for it.  Then again a friend asked my why I was so late in using SOS vs less sophisticated mods that added a simple dick mesh and my reply went something like, "He's not what I'm looking at when people get naked.  Only thing I care about as far as my character goes is that he has a Tab A to insert in Slot B.  I don't much care what it looks like or whether it does any 'tricks.'"  So maybe I do kinda get what you mean.  But I was surprised no one wanted them to at least have nicer hair and such.

Hm. Maybe it can be fixed. When you enter a zone, the slaves in that zone who are unslotted (not assigned to an AI package) will be teleported to their master and assigned a slot if one is available. But slaves who already hold a slot will just be left to run to their master as dictated by the AI package.  Maybe adding a teleport to those slaves will prevent them from falling...

That would probably do it if that's possible and wouldn't add to script lag.  I made good money selling a steady supply of slaves to the Battle-borns!  :classic_biggrin:  As best I can tell from observation what actually happens goes something like this.   When you leave Whiterun the game stores the location of the NPCs, so it knows where the slaves were when you exit the cell.  Let's say Olfird was in front of Dragonsreach when you leave with a slave following.  Later you come back.  As you load in the game decides Olfrid needs to be somewhere else based on time of day and his behavior packages (how exactly that works I don't know), maybe down by the front gate so it just teleports him there and that's where he 'spawns' at.  However since the slave is not a resident and even if she were her location isn't connected to Olfrid's the game doesn't know what to do with her so it just 're-activates' her where ever she was when you left (last known location).  But then her behavior package tells her to run and catch up with Olfrid so she goes charging off to find him, can't make the turn at the steps and runs right off (and coincedentally most of the time I found the dead slave in the pool right below that top flight of steps).  Either the water hasn't spawned in yet, or else the physics engine hasn't kicked in yet, but either way she hits the pool and SPLAT! (higher level slaves survive better cause they've got more health I've noticed though Markarth has such big drops even a high level slave is still pretty much doomed)   I almost wish I could see it happen cause it seems like something out of a cartoon!  Poor Wile E. Slave  LOL

At least that's my best understanding of what is happening from what I've been able to glimpse or deduce from looking at where slaves were found dead and piecing that together with who owned them and the owners travel package.

NOTE:  As far as I know the above only applies to interior cells and cities.  It does not apply to towns and villages that exist in Tamriel worldspace.  Stuff in Tamriel world space remains active and goes continues to go about doing whatever they do no matter where in the world space you happen to be.  You can see this when you get a quest to kill a criminal from the Companions or other quests to track a moving NPC down, even though they are far away or if you are in a city or a dungeon, you can check the world map and their quest marker continually moves about the map as time passes indicating they are still actively moving about.

So yeah, if they teleported to their owner while you load in that might solve the problem.

Now if I could just get Skyrim to STOP teleporting people into your room when you sleep in an inn... that shit is creepy!  I mean, seriously, you're there with your best girl in the Bannered Mare upstairs and you wake up to Olava the Feeble staring at you damn near every time!  Weird old woman. :classic_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

That would probably do it if that's possible and wouldn't add to script lag.  I made good money selling a steady supply of slaves to the Battle-borns!  :classic_biggrin:  As best I can tell from observation what actually happens goes something like this.   When you leave Whiterun the game stores the location of the NPCs, so it knows where the slaves were when you exit the cell.  Let's say Olfird was in front of Dragonsreach when you leave with a slave following.  Later you come back.  As you load in the game decides Olfrid needs to be somewhere else based on time of day and his behavior packages (how exactly that works I don't know), maybe down by the front gate so it just teleports him there and that's where he 'spawns' at.  However since the slave is not a resident and even if she were her location isn't connected to Olfrid's the game doesn't know what to do with her so it just 're-activates' her where ever she was when you left (last known location).  But then her behavior package tells her to run and catch up with Olfrid so she goes charging off to find him, can't make the turn at the steps and runs right off (and coincedentally most of the time I found the dead slave in the pool right below that top flight of steps).  Either the water hasn't spawned in yet, or else the physics engine hasn't kicked in yet, but either way she hits the pool and SPLAT! (higher level slaves survive better cause they've got more health I've noticed though Markarth has such big drops even a high level slave is still pretty much doomed)   I almost wish I could see it happen cause it seems like something out of a cartoon!  Poor Wile E. Slave  LOL

Thanks for that!.  Best laugh I've had today

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Is it possible to get a beta for testing the next update in SE? 

Pfiffy I don't know what you're doing but all your posts are now coming in duplicate. This isn't the only one. Perhaps that early morning eye opener works too well! :smiley: