[Dev/Test/Beta] LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin v43 2023 05 06

On 27/01/2018 at 6:39 PM, jaam said:

new in v15:
compatible with runtime version v1.10.64

NB There are other changes in the source but those won't be tested or used before at least v16 of this DLL.

Thank you very much for the update. But please, i am puzzled. Can i install it as a user to update FP? I did, the camera work great, but the FP prositution stopped to work (only dialogues work, while no animation occurss).

Thank you in advance for further explanation.

Hi again,

Is there any chance of fixing the FlyCam function please.

If a user maps WASD to anything else then the FlyCam no longer allows movement with any keys what so ever.

I map WASD to Arrow Keys and Arrow Keys to WASD,.

Does not matter the method I use to map (via game key config menu or by F4SE CustomControlMap.txt) as soon as my Movement keys are changed from WASD, FlyCam movement stops working..

eg: won't work with WASD or the newly assigned movement keys.

I'm only assuming it's a FlyCam function issue as the console TFC works fine with whatever keys I map.

TYIA

The fly cam function is perfectly functional as long as you have the version of the DLL that corresponds to your Fallout 4 version.

If in doubt for which version you need just install them all since v8, preferably in order of release.

34 minutes ago, jaam said:

The fly cam function is perfectly functional as long as you have the version of the DLL that corresponds to your Fallout 4 version.

If in doubt for which version you need just install them all since v8, preferably in order of release.

I'm using the correct version for my game (v15 for 1.10.64 with F4SE 0.6.5).

The FlyCam works fine if I don't change my movement keys from WASD to any other keys.

The FlyCam functionality breaks as soon as I map my movement keys.

I get the same results on 2 Different PC setups., 1 PC Win 7 x64 and the other is Win 8.1 x64.

Edit: I can provide a repoduceable example, by using four_play native use or a stand alone esp that does not require four_play at all, both examples suffer from the same bug.

Mapping the WASD movement keys to anything else breaks the flycam movement functionality totally.

Not sure where to post this since I think I found a general F4SE or MCM crashing bug.

1-2 months ago, an unsafe multi-threading issue was found with F4SE plugins and a number of mod authors updated their mods to address that. Examples are Better Console - F4SE, Crafting Highlight Fix, and Extended Dialogue Interface (see their changelogs).

I think I have found another strange issue that triggers upon two conditions:

1. There are >7 setting.ini files within the MCM\Config\[Mod name]\ subfolders
  2. There are >10 F4SE plugin DLLs

When both conditions are met, the game will crash on launch. Initially I thought it was due to FPE (see this post) but as I continued testing other things I realized it wasn't FPE's setting.ini file but the number of them (as I could get the game to launch by removing another mod's setting.ini file)

Edit: I've gotten it to load since. Turns out it might've been a very edge case. It wasn't a matter of >x ini files. It seemed to be an exact number would cause problems. And it might've been related to MO2 as well since the ini files in the override folder seemed to counter towards that number. I got around it just having an additional ini file.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, moddyguy said:

hi Jaam,

Does this work with Leito's latest animation pack version? I saw the post from that thread a patch is required.

The new pack has mcm so it is kind of weird now I removed its esp, but mcm files still shows up, but not loading since esp is removed.  Just want to bring this up as it might be new information.

thanks for the update.

Fourplay itself has to be updated for Leito's new animations to work . In the meantime use Leito's old ( legacy ) animations if you want them to work well with fourplay , otherwise a lot of the time your characters will stand around doing nothing when youve actually ordered them to go at it like rabbits :classic_tongue:

27 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Fourplay itself has to be updated for Leito's new animations to work . In the meantime use Leito's old ( legacy ) animations if you want them to work well with fourplay , otherwise a lot of the time your characters will stand around doing nothing when youve actually ordered them to go at it like rabbits :classic_tongue:

I made the mistake of updating the animations, where do I get the legacy one?

As soon as you manually open the zip for the current update you'll see a folder . Open that folder and you'll see the 04 Legacy Animations folder near the bottom . Keep clicking through that and you'll come across an ' AnimationsByLeito ' folder . Use that folder to replace the one youve just installed in your game in the same folder structure .

Posting this in case it helps someone else, as it helped me.

When I added the LLFP runtime files, I found that the animations and the flycam stopped working. Having experienced issues with other unrelated things in the past, I tried a fix that I've seen suggested elsewhere in the LL forums.

I disabled my FP plugins in NMM (four_play_resources, mindless_sex, 4playSEU, four_play) , then loaded my save (which prompts for the missing mods). Once it loaded, I saved the game, then exited and re-enabled the FP plugins. When I loaded the game again, everything re-initialized and all was working perfectly.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, markdf said:

Is this F4SE plugin required to get the full features of FourPlay? Or is the functionality all included in the community patch?

A version of this plug-in is packaged with the community patch. But, it doesn't look like the latest version. So, you probably need to over-ride with this.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, jaam said:

new in v17:
compatible with runtime version v1.10.82

Moving support question here as requested.

SetFlyCam still works in many circumstances. But, here is the code that is affected differently after the update:

If(targetActor == PlayerRef)
        targetActor.SnapIntoInteraction(targetLocationObject)
        Game.ForceThirdPerson()
        SetFlyCam(True)
    Else
    EndIf

Before the update, these commands would result in going to flycam mode with all controls working as expected.

After the update, the same commands bring the camera to the vanilla thirdperson angle and then freeze all movement and controls (other than exit to main menu).

Hello @jaam .

I've been doing some more testing and have taken notes about multiple variations of these commands and the outcomes. I'm hoping that having these condensed snippets make it easier to troubleshoot and that you're up to helping.

Solving this would be a huge help, not just for my mod. It would complete an approach to aligning the player actor that would work every time. I think there are multiple FO4 modders looking for that solution.

The goal is to have the SnapIntoInteraction command work to lock the player actor to an invisible furniture while also going into FlyCam mode with the player visible:

; (A) Flycam freezes. But, Player remains visible:
                Game.ForceThirdPerson()
                Utility.Wait(0.1)
                SetFlyCam(True)
                Utility.wait(3.0)

; (B) Flycam works. But, Player is not visible.
                ; Looks like camera is on ground temporarily.
                ; Can sometimes get Player to remain visible if you move
                ; controls during the second Utility.wait command.
                Game.ForceThirdPerson()
                Utility.Wait(3.0)
                Utility.wait(3.0)
                SetFlyCam(True)

; (C) Flycam works. But, Player is not visible:
                ; Looks like camera is on ground temporarily:
                Utility.Wait(3.0)
                Game.ForceThirdPerson()
                Utility.wait(3.0)
                SetFlyCam(True)

; (D) This did actually work before update 1.10.82.
                ; Now, flycam freezes. But, Player is visible.
                Game.ForceThirdPerson()
                SetFlyCam(True)

I think there is promise for this to work somehow since it was once working already. And (B) can sort of work if you move the controls at the right times and direction. To me, that suggests that this might have something to do with the placement of the camera at the moment that flycam goes into effect. Maybe if it can be bumped up out of the actors space it wouldn't make the player body disappear?

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, jaam said:

Thanks , I'll try to check those tomorrow or this weekend.

If it worked before in 1.10.75, which version did you used ?

And by the way, how do you "unsnap" an actor ? :smile:

Awesome! Thank you.

Which version of LLFP? I believe it was the latest version before the last build made for 1.10.82.

For the Player. I unsnap back to normal camera functions with this:

SetFlyCam(False)
Game.ForceFirstPerson()

I'm also running a bunch of things to restore input layer, player driven ai, etc. But, for the player, I think only restoring the camera with the above will be necessary because you should have control over when to get up from a furniture as normal.

Definitely let me know if there's anything I can do to assist. I'm happy to build out test files, etc. if needed.