Basic Prostitution Mod!

Are you using the Always Accept or the random Accept version? I'm looking to see if there is anything I overlooked, especially if it's the Always Accept as that isn't the one I'm using in my own game, but I'm having difficulty finding an issue. It seems to be working for everyone so I feel pretty certain it's a conflict with another mod, but without other mods that have to do with Woohoo I'm not sure what the conflict could be. Especially one that would just make certain locations unavailable.

I apologize for not being of more help, I really want you to be able to use this, but with being a new modder I guess my knowledge on discovering the issue here could potentially be limited. Have you used the Mod Conflict Detector for Sims 4? That may be able to discover the problem for you.

I am not using Always Accept, and no random Accept! And i tested it, by only using WW Mod, and your mod, all other mods removed from the Mods folder, and its still the same problem!

But thank you very much for looking into this issue, its awesome to see some modder actually caring about the people that use his/her mod!

I am sure ill be able to figure out how to fix this sometime, i might just reinstall the game!

Have a good day :)

I had an idea for something you said on one of the other forums here. Tho my knowledge on how modding works and how the game works outside of playing the game is limited so its 100% possible my suggestion wont work/is not possible. That said, could a trait be added to the game like WW's cum slut or polyamorous traits that would flag sims has a prostitute so only they would appear in the phone when trying to call a prostitute to your sims home? Has well said trait would work on AI controlled sims when walking by your sim if they're working the street?

I had an idea for something you said on one of the other forums here. Tho my knowledge on how modding works and how the game works outside of playing the game is limited so its 100% possible my suggestion wont work/is not possible. That said, could a trait be added to the game like WW's cum slut or polyamorous traits that would flag sims has a prostitute so only they would appear in the phone when trying to call a prostitute to your sims home? Has well said trait would work on AI controlled sims when walking by your sim if they're working the street?

This is something I've been considering actually, because I do think this could potentially work. I haven't really messed with traits yet so it would take a lot of experimenting so I could be sure, but I think it should be possible. Along with making this work with WhickedWhims, I think things like this are my biggest interest at the moment. In general, I am considering working on sex work related careers and other interactions. Or perhaps keep sex work with the possibility of being casual like it is with this interaction (as some people do just do casual sex work when bored/horny/desperate) but have a career where you would make more money for it. I'm still messing around with different ideas. If you follow my tumblr, I will likely be making a big post with some of my current ideas for it and questions I have for people based on their gameplay style, as well as just looking for ideas and suggestions.

For me, I don't know if I'll go past casual sex work in my game, at least for a while. I originally built the mod to fulfill a specific purpose in my own game, but now I'm very intrigued by the possibilities and having fun with them. But because some of the potential things I am working on adding don't really fit my game, I want a lot of feedback on what people want to see since it's mostly for everyone else. So keep an eye out for the post! And thank you for the trait suggestion, I'm definitely going to start looking into it.

This doesnt show up in my game. Does this not work with MC Woohoo and/or the Pay for sex mod?

If you are saying you're using a different pay for sex mod, it does most likely conflict with that. I haven't seen that mod and would have to take a look at it to be sure, but just considering what it allows, we likely edit the same files. Just so you know, I'm currently working on adding the ability to pay for sex instead of just selling it to mine, so it will be all-in-one soon :) 

As for MC Woohoo, it should work with MC Woohoo in game (I have it) but edit the settings to make it so teens can not have sex, as that option edits over the Mess Around interaction, and my mod does as well. If you do this, it should work. Let me know!

th1s1smyusername, on 24 Jul 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

snapback.png

This is something I've been considering actually, because I do think this could potentially work. I haven't really messed with traits yet so it would take a lot of experimenting so I could be sure, but I think it should be possible. Along with making this work with WhickedWhims, I think things like this are my biggest interest at the moment. In general, I am considering working on sex work related careers and other interactions. Or perhaps keep sex work with the possibility of being casual like it is with this interaction (as some people do just do casual sex work when bored/horny/desperate) but have a career where you would make more money for it. I'm still messing around with different ideas. If you follow my tumblr, I will likely be making a big post with some of my current ideas for it and questions I have for people based on their gameplay style, as well as just looking for ideas and suggestions.

For me, I don't know if I'll go past casual sex work in my game, at least for a while. I originally built the mod to fulfill a specific purpose in my own game, but now I'm very intrigued by the possibilities and having fun with them. But because some of the potential things I am working on adding don't really fit my game, I want a lot of feedback on what people want to see since it's mostly for everyone else. So keep an eye out for the post! And thank you for the trait suggestion, I'm definitely going to start looking into it.

You're most welcome, looking forward to see how your mod develops.

I had a couple other ideas for the mod after posting that post and was gonna wait to hear back before sharing them. Like you said about that some people do it when they're bored, horny or desperate but others do it for a career. While id prefer that it wasn't like normal jobs but was like the go to work expansion jobs, I had an idea that would use both types of jobs and the trait I suggested earlier, sort of.

Any sim who had the prostitute trait when clicking find a job would have one more job then other sims (to prevent random sims from getting the job) this job would have no promotions to earn, and instead of making money per hour it would cost them money per hour, their work week would only consist of one day a week, the reason for this would be to not represent the sims going to work, but actually going to a clinic or hospital for a check up after a week of working the streets (I do not know if it is possible for the hourly wages to have a negative value). When WW actions can be use, after returning from the weekly visit you could have it set up that the sim returns home with a random number of condoms in her(or his) inventory. Next any sim with the trait Prostitute should be encouraged to go outside when the sun goes down and work the corner (side walk) (if possible).

Last Idea, If any two sims of the same gender and have the trait prostitute, during said hours above are in close proximity to eachother should get a unique moodlet: Business Rival: +X Angry (where X is enough to make a sim angry but not enough to kill them(death by anger, not and go kill the other sim))

Hey guys, I've taken on the ambitious goal of creating a major Sex Work mod now. In updating this mod and adding new features I realized I just want so much more, so rather than editing the current mod it made more sense to just start new with my larger goal in mind. (This mod will still work though, and I'm open to adding small changes that would make it more enjoyable for you all, but I'm no longer interested in adding major changes and will instead work on implementing them all to the Sex Work Careers mod.)

I made a thorough post about it on my tumblr which you should definitely read (https://simdreaming.tumblr.com/) and ideally reblog to help get more ideas and suggestions (it will really help me get this mod to be the best it can be and out faster).

You can let me know ideas and suggestions on my tumblr there or here if you'd like!

When using the random version, whenever I ask they always refuse. I haven't tried the always accept version, though since it doesn't work with WW animations I don't think I'm going to. Just wanted to let you know my issues with the random version.

The Random Accept version is based on a more realistic take on the interaction, so there is only a 20% chance they accept. It's pretty low, and it's it's always a random 20% chance it's definitely possible that your sim keeps getting refused. If you're interested in it being a higher amount I could whip that up real quick (or even let you know how to edit it- it's a really quick and easy change of a number). 

You know only problem I have with this is woohoo part seems you don't see it, nor do they act on it so that probably why everyone says you either do it with WW mod or something else I wonder if this would work with Pose player?

But Other issue is increase romance level but does nothing on friendship scale? Is there way to balance that out and Energy used, shouldn't there be raised positive energy balance? I am just saying what comes to mind. Might want to work on probably free-styling career, solo work? versus having harem of girls connections? that idea popped in while typing.

When using the random version, whenever I ask they always refuse. I haven't tried the always accept version, though since it doesn't work with WW animations I don't think I'm going to. Just wanted to let you know my issues with the random version.

The Random Accept version is based on a more realistic take on the interaction, so there is only a 20% chance they accept. It's pretty low, and it's it's always a random 20% chance it's definitely possible that your sim keeps getting refused. If you're interested in it being a higher amount I could whip that up real quick (or even let you know how to edit it- it's a really quick and easy change of a number). 

That would be great, perhaps 50% chance? I have no idea how to edit. I'd love to be able to make my own mods and stuff though.

You know only problem I have with this is woohoo part seems you don't see it, nor do they act on it so that probably why everyone says you either do it with WW mod or something else I wonder if this would work with Pose player?

But Other issue is increase romance level but does nothing on friendship scale? Is there way to balance that out and Energy used, shouldn't there be raised positive energy balance? I am just saying what comes to mind. Might want to work on probably free-styling career, solo work? versus having harem of girls connections? that idea popped in while typing.

Yeah I'd really like to make it an option with WhickedWhims or something that allows the interaction to be seen, as currently the only option is using the Woohoo animations in-game. This is something I am definitely going to be sure I have running with my Sex Work Careers that I'm working on- essentially going to be a huge improvement on this basic mod. You can read about it here if you haven't yet: https://simdreaming.tumblr.com/post/163604755788/looking-for-ideassuggestions-for-sex-work-careers

I'm hoping to get some animators to help with it, but if not for some interactions I can see if I can get permission from some users who uploaded animations here, and just reference those animations in the code and let those downloading my mod know which animations to download, linking them to the page. We will see what can be done!

As for romance gain, I realized this was a mistake on my part where I missed deleting a few loot actions in some woohoo locations, a silly mistake but it should work correctly in the latest version on my tumblr now.

That would be great, perhaps 50% chance? I have no idea how to edit. I'd love to be able to make my own mods and stuff though.

Here is a 50% version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhzpie1kad98w1n/SimDreamer_ProstitutionMod_RandomAccept50.package?dl=0

I hope that works better for you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Mod isn't working for me. I've currently got WW mod, BasementalCC, and Extreme Violence mod running. I installed the mod (Accept Always V4) and I tried the previous V2 of the Always Accept and neither have given me the option to suggest pay under any of the menus.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived