Beyond Skyrim: Bruma

looks like they really rushed this mod:

Before you submit a new bug report please first check to see if see if your issue is a known issue by the mod author. Here are the currently known issues that the author is looking in to:

• Bug with renolds house in bruma.

• Anyone who arrests Alammu Nethre gets stuck in front of the jail cell in Castle Bruma Dungeon

• Mithril Armor bug

• cannot enter gautierre manor basement

• Arch Mage not an option to enter Cyrodiil

• Quest: The Courier, cant pick up one of the pages

• Plum Rat camp wall bug

• Neldam Beloth race dialog error

• A Delicate Situation

• Rielle Lich not Force Greeting Vampires?

• Anga end chest bugged

• Strange Texture Bug

• The Courier Quest Cannot Burn Documents

• Alius Villius (I believe is his name) popping up during my travels?

• Nothing happening withe Cerendil

• CTD on path to Riverside Shack

• Boreal Stone Cave Ogre is passive.

• Memory Gem quest

• Dragon attacks in the city

• A Delicate Situation

• Aggresive Legate Arilus Quenti and Gort for no reason

• Ugly Love dialogue

• FPS problem in the city

• Farmers spawn half-naked...

• Report to Varro

• Brass Pearl Ring is missing textures

• A Stormcloak in chains Imperial Side

• Can't enter bruma again

• Adius Vilias stuck trying to take Alammu Nethre to prison.

• A stormcloak on chains

• Bruma Guards attacking me

• "The Screeching song man" bandit leader won't hand over the lute

• The reanimate on hit enchantment doesn't work on animals.

• Rilja Stone-Heart Dialogue bug

• [Minor] Unrealistic Exterior Light Beams from Bruma Castle

• "A Delicate Situation" wont advance.

• Vampire Quest

• Low FPS when looking in direction of fire braziers in Bruma

• "This Person is Busy" Bug

• TES Edit log

• (minor) Erlus Risula's alst dialogue doesn't seem to end

• Cant summon Arvak

• Animal Hides

• (minor bug) More misaligned elements in Cloud Ruler Temple

• Guard Captain repeats dialogue.

• Paralysis alchemy effect on "Milk Thistle Branch" has too high magnitude

• Rilja Stone Heart missing dialogue

• Water plane / effect above tower at Fort Horunn

• (minor bug) Misaligned tower part at the very start

• Helmet and hair

• (minor bug) the thalmor justiciars in Bruma are always running for no particular reason

• (Small bug) Bruma chapel windows are flipped

• Simund Gautierre's journal says it belongs to Albecius Relandrin

• Silver Tooth Cave & Navmeshes

• Gautierre doesnt do anything

• The Entrance to Unmarked Cave is Too Far Back

• Inkeep at the Restful Watchmen doesn't move his lips

• Dragonborn Cultest spawning in Applewatch

• Less Rude Song wrong type

• [Minor] Not functioning dialoge with Marc Dufante, the chef

• Dungeons not marked as cleared

• value too highon eastern dwemer axe?

• Fort Pale Pass interrogation attack

And this was only reported bug list. so the list could be even bigger.

Beyond Skyrim - Bruma beta  v0.01  :D  :cool:

So I saw one quest where you can either interrogate or free a stormcloak, and it's a stupid question because it's not Skyrim, but how stormcloak friendly has this mod seemed from the people whom played it so far?

Personally, I prefer mods where people put thought into stories for both sides instead of just assuming the player will always pick the one side.

For the most part it seems irrelevant. The civil war is pretty isolated to Skyrim, with the Stormcloaks posing no credible threat to the Empire at this juncture. Granted, I haven't tried walking around in full Stormcloak regalia yet, but other than some that one quest and the fact they'll outright open the gate to Cyrodiil for you if you're in the Legion, I haven't seen anything yet where being sided with either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials matters.

Wow, huge and quite different project than others modders did!!!!

i wonder to know if there SoS working on the new critters (NPC)? anybody tried yet?

Wow, that is a huge problem, No SoS!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

My problem is, that I can not play this mod, because I do not understand it. (language)  ;)

I kinda ran through a bit of Bruma, then started a new game 'cuz I wanted to try out PSQ again. Next thing I know, I'm at Lvl 40, a (Lvl 5) Greater succubus, Solsteim's cleared out, have all claws, all Dragon Priest masks and Alduin's dead. So...off to Bruma.

I like Bruma and feel that all the folks involved did a truly excellent job with most everything, despite bugs, et al.  But I'm back here again and can't help but wonder...is there a point? Why am I even here? Just because it's exists? Currently, the mod seems like misc. "side" quests (helping people, getting shit, etc.), but perhaps I haven't given it enough time to "develop"? Not sure if this has been asked already, but can someone fill me in?

BTW, I'm running 1.1 and have noticed 1.31 is out. Any real difference?

• 2 weeks later...

For the most part it seems irrelevant. The civil war is pretty isolated to Skyrim, with the Stormcloaks posing no credible threat to the Empire at this juncture. Granted, I haven't tried walking around in full Stormcloak regalia yet, but other than some that one quest and the fact they'll outright open the gate to Cyrodiil for you if you're in the Legion, I haven't seen anything yet where being sided with either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials matters.

There are dialogue lines to say that you are a storm cloak as well although going for the free option doesnt seem to have any larger consequences towards imperials in other parts of bruma

Delayed response; that's a shame. Realistically, a high ranking soldier for the enemy forces would be lined up and executed if caught; not to mention that if the player sides with the Stormcloaks, he would have essentially dealt the killing blow in the civil war, so the thought that he could just walk in like he owns the place feels ridiculous. I get that if the Imperial Legion was hostile to you it'd ruin the quests for the mod, but damn if I don't feel like the player is shoehorned into playing a predetermined character... and that's always irked the shit out of me in RP games.

There are dialogue lines to say that you are a storm cloak as well although going for the free option doesnt seem to have any larger consequences towards imperials in other parts of bruma

Delayed response; that's a shame. Realistically, a high ranking soldier for the enemy forces would be lined up and executed if caught; not to mention that if the player sides with the Stormcloaks, he would have essentially dealt the killing blow in the civil war, so the thought that he could just walk in like he owns the place feels ridiculous. I get that if the Imperial Legion was hostile to you it'd ruin the quests for the mod, but damn if I don't feel like the player is shoehorned into playing a predetermined character... and that's always irked the shit out of me in RP games.

Tbh it kind of works for me on the game i'm playing as i've already done all the vanilla content so i have killed the World Ender, Put Ulfric on the throne, saved solsteim etc so i personally would find it a bit unrealistic if anyone for any reason would willing pick a fight with my toon

If you were doing the burma stuff at the start/mid way though a play thorough agree wouldnt make sense but at end game nobody should pick a fight with the death incarnate dragonborn unless they have some seriously thick plot armor - shame i couldn't convey this to the lvl 10 bandit that decided i was a good target for a roadside robbery

Tbh it kind of works for me on the game i'm playing as i've already done all the vanilla content so i have killed the World Ender, Put Ulfric on the throne, saved solsteim etc so i personally would find it a bit unrealistic if anyone for any reason would willing pick a fight with my toon

If you were doing the burma stuff at the start/mid way though a play thorough agree wouldnt make sense but at end game nobody should pick a fight with the death incarnate dragonborn unless they have some seriously thick plot armor - shame i couldn't convey this to the lvl 10 bandit that decided i was a good target for a roadside robbery

Wouldn't that mean your character is the one wearing "plot armor" though... besides, they don't necessarily have to kill the character, but giving them work, and allowing them passage into the city doesn't make sense. It's not like F:NV, where you can disguise yourself. The lack of ability for the NPC's to see an enemy as an enemy and act accordingly is what irks me.

Besides, there's hold specific crime in Skyrim where if you're a wanted man in a hold where you're not a Thane, the guards will attempt to arrest/kill you, so the "unrealistic if anyone for any reason would willing pick a fight with my toon" bit isn't entirely accurate.  :lol:  

Wouldn't that mean your character is the one wearing "plot armor" though... besides, they don't necessarily have to kill the character, but giving them work, and allowing them passage into the city doesn't make sense. It's not like F:NV, where you can disguise yourself. The lack of ability for the NPC's to see an enemy as an enemy and act accordingly is what irks me.

Besides, there's hold specific crime in Skyrim where if you're a wanted man in a hold where you're not a Thane, the guards will attempt to arrest/kill you, so the "unrealistic if anyone for any reason would willing pick a fight with my toon" bit isn't entirely accurate.  :lol:  

Would disagree, picture the scene

You are a guard in whiterun, you've been given basic training in sword play and a shield as well the bow and you have fairly basic armor and up against you is a person in blades armor, with a blades sword that also happens to be the arch mage of the college as well as head of the thieves guild and the brotherhood of assassins and you've watched him kill a dragon on his own

IMO You've have to be either incredibly brave (unlikely) or crazy to go pick a fight with that dude, be a bit like me going up to the dude that plays the mountain in game of thrones and picking a fight

They left some space for adult mods. ;)

Capture and torture the PC until they are sure that s/he is not a thread. :D

• 1 month later...

Recently on some Russian website I came across a compatibility patch between Frostfall, BS: Bruma and The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. Since the link is long forgotten, I've decided to upload it here for anyone who might be interested.

Neither take I credit for this patch nor responsibility for any harms it may cause. I can say, however, that I've already played with it for a couple of hours and everything seemed fine.

I've made an Excel chart that shows how the biomes in Bruma were represented (coords come directly from the source code). tl;dr The north of County is considered cold, the south is warm.

Lets hope Chesko incorporates this patch in the future Frostfall update which, taking into a consideration the fact that statistically Frostfall is now updated once a year, may happen soon.

Frostfall - BS Bruma & TGCON Compatibility.7z

Bounds.xlsx

Fuck!! Someone already said on the nexus forums that they had ported Bruma to work with SSE. Don't know how true that is- but if ONE fucking guy can do it then a whole team should have no problem!! Just sayin.

They said, its in the desc.

That they don't want to work on two versions of the same mod, once the Oldrim version gets all the fixed/patches they will port it. Why waste time & resources on this?

You can literally put whole mod into SE and play it right now, extract files , convert animations, re open esp/esm and resave them in 64bit CK.

I'm saying that they should release a version for LE first, work out all the bugs they can and then port it to SSE for each installment of Cyrodiil. I don't know what all this stuff is about different versions and shit if it is not hard to port each version from LE to SSE. I have visited the site and there are enough ppl working on this that one team members word may not mean that much.

I just found out that the subsequent releases are all planned to be SSE only, which seems idiotic to me.

Currently, the average number of players playing Oldrim daily on Steam is more than double the number playing SSE and that's been steady for a while now. Those numbers may change when/is SSESKSE comes out, but I don't see them changing all THAT drastically.

Why would you make a mod so big, with so much effort, which has been anticipated for so long that less than a third of players can install?

Fuck!! Someone already said on the nexus forums that they had ported Bruma to work with SSE. Don't know how true that is- but if ONE fucking guy can do it then a whole team should have no problem!! Just sayin.

They said, its in the desc.

That they don't want to work on two versions of the same mod, once the Oldrim version gets all the fixed/patches they will port it. Why waste time & resources on this?

You can literally put whole mod into SE and play it right now, extract files , convert animations, re open esp/esm and resave them in 64bit CK.

I'm saying that they should release a version for LE first, work out all the bugs they can and then port it to SSE for each installment of Cyrodiil. I don't know what all this stuff is about different versions and shit if it is not hard to port each version from LE to SSE. I have visited the site and there are enough ppl working on this that one team members word may not mean that much.

I just found out that the subsequent releases are all planned to be SSE only, which seems idiotic to me.

Currently, the average number of players playing Oldrim daily on Steam is more than double the number playing SSE and that's been steady for a while now. Those numbers may change when/is SSESKSE comes out, but I don't see them changing all THAT drastically.

Why would you make a mod so big, with so much effort, which has been anticipated for so long that less than a third of players can install?

Because SSE is a lot more stable than Oldrim and the BS team want to create a top-notch environment that would not be possible with Oldrim´s engine limitations. At least that´s the reason they are giving and I am 100% on board with that.

Because SSE is vastly more stable and much better able to handle the scale of what the Beyond Skyrim team are trying to do.

I don't like it either, but SSE, under the hood at least, really is objectively better than Oldrim.

Objectively better (and this is a matter for debate - plenty of us have stable, crash-free Oldrim games with many many mods installed) won't really matter if no one gets to play it? I mean, you could make a fantastic game that requires a 17 Gb GPU to play. I bet it'd be graphically amazing, but what's the point if no one sees it?

Also, the claims of a top-notch environment are one thing, but so far Bruma has more bugs than a vanilla Beth release, even before patches. I'm sure they'll be fixed, but it took them what, five years to release half of one project? If they weren't limiting themselves so narrowly, they'd be able to appeal for more help - especially playtesters.

Also, I know a number of BS mods have been worked on for some time - years even - with the expectation that they would be released for Oldrim. What a waste of work to throw that out! Atmora was almost finished before they joined the BS project - are they going to just toss it and instead recompile all the resources and recode everything from scratch in the SSE CK? Seems like it adds further delay to a group of projects which have already spent far too many years in development hell.

• 1 month later...

...Does it not already?

I haven't messed with it much in Bruma yet but I can attest that, at the absolute least, the Argonian in the Jerall View Inn's hot baths is fully functional.

Are you having an issue with the player character or with NPCs?

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 6:41 AM, Raul Jorge said:

Hi, the size is too big for me to download from Nexus - screaaaaaaaaaam - is there another link to download it, like Mega? the download from nexus stops before completing :frown:

Have you tried downloading manually instead of through the manager link? I use MO and it'll sometimes get stuck when my internet's poor but downloading manually works fine all the way through.

Archived