imgbox closing down!

Hmm yeah what a shite, i uploaded everything there since IMGUR started blocking LL.

Does flickr still ask you for phone number? Last time i checked that was required for registration.

I also don't like the page, i hate when people "embed" their pics from flickr but the link actually takes you to their flickr page, once again the picture embedded. Then you have to allow like 5 scripts before you can actually see it fullscreen. It's apparently more of a social media thing, or for people who want to present themselves as an artist.

You need a Yahoo account so yes you do.

Here is an idea for some of the more recognized users: would it hurt to put the stories in .doc or .pdf format and upload them somewhere like that? Some skilled people can make more comic book style layouts and whatnot. What do you all think?

Thats what I'm doing from now on.

Here is an idea for some of the more recognized users: would it hurt to put the stories in .doc or .pdf format and upload them somewhere like that? Some skilled people can make more comic book style layouts and whatnot. What do you all think?

You just save my life. :)

I have many entries with pictures on my blog and under the sims 3 thread and I was thinking: how in the world I could save 53 episodes from sims 3 and many blog entries. Since I have 20 more days to do it, your idea came as perfect solution. Thank you. 

You just save my life. :)

I have many entries with pictures on my blog and under the sims 3 thread and I was thinking: how in the world I could save 53 episodes from sims 3 and many blog entries. Since I have 20 more days to do it, your idea came as perfect solution. Thank you. 

Right. If the stories are uploaded directly to blogs here on LL, then it should be no biggie for skilled folks to copy & paste them to documents, and they can then arrange the layouts according to personal or popular taste.

I have no problem with IMGUR links as I have been using referer (and many others on LL also have it) for quite awhile now which prevents IMGUR from blocking any links from their site that are posted here. I did have to re-add the site once as they changed something once but other then that I don't have a problem with IMGUR.

Of course imgbox would fail eventually. It doesn't thrive if social media isn't implemented in a ways like you see tumblr, imgur and flickr. Simplicity is no longer an alternative. What ever the case, it sucks. Now all that's left is mail.com, an alternative for having an email address without the hassle of giving your phone number to vanish as well because it's not good enough in this world.

All the good things eventually fall and the shit things stay and thrive.

I have no problem with IMGUR links as I have been using referer (and many others on LL also have it) for quite awhile now which prevents IMGUR from blocking any links from their site that are posted here. I did have to re-add the site once as they changed something once but other then that I don't have a problem with IMGUR.

Interesting. I didn't know imgur is functional again for LL. After the drama with imgbox i opened the account on Flickr. It took me a while to get to use is since it is complicated (for me). Maybe I will return to Imgur again.  Will you be kind to give me the link where you re posted Imgur with reference using?

The IMGUR workaround can be found here. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56018-workaround-for-imgur-images-not-loading-chrome-firefox/

Last year when they started blocking links posted here again that is when referer appeared and many used it but then IMGUR changed their link structure to where the posts to IMGUR start with a I.

If you right click on a picture and go to inspect and select it a screen will pop and show you where that picture is coming from and it'll make it easier to see why a picture might be broken.

Of course imgbox would fail eventually. It doesn't thrive if social media isn't implemented in a ways like you see tumblr, imgur and flickr. Simplicity is no longer an alternative. What ever the case, it sucks. Now all that's left is mail.com, an alternative for having an email address without the hassle of giving your phone number to vanish as well because it's not good enough in this world.

All the good things eventually fall and the shit things stay and thrive.

Noooo my Email is at @mail.com xD

flickr is best

You can setup albums, add tags, set picture to safe/moderate/nsfw, hide them, or make unslited. Create galleries, png support , no quality loss etc

Very easy thingy. Also since its a yahoo thingy it might survive for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not see the closure anouncement on imgbox today but this message instead. It seems that they are going to continue the service.

imgbox is a free service with more than 7 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online.

Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

Sincerely,
The Team

That's awesome news. I just send them a feedback thanking them for not giving up on us imgbox members and wishing them all the success with imgbox.

I had registered to a different image host after this one was shutting down but I had accidentally misspelled my email and I messaged that image host telling them what happened and they never responded back to me. If I was annoyed they ignored me then, I'm glad they did now.

Archived