[2018-05-15 Markdf's Patcher Reuploaded] [SSE] The Painted Lady - Color-Matching Pubic Hairs

I incorporated "Painted Lady" into the mod Babes of Skyrim found on nexus. It's not a patcher, just gave a style to each race, except khajit and argonian, then exported the facegen. So far it looks good in my game. No black face bug noticed in 2 days playing. I still consider it a WIP as there has been very limited testing so far. What I gave each race is as follows:

Breton - Bush

Dark/Wood/High Elf - LStrip

Imperial - Untamed for CBBE

Nord - Wild

Redguard - Bush

Orc - Wild

Elder - Untamed for CBBE

I use UNP female body renewal, bodyslide settings for unp special, and the unp bodyslide conversion from the link given in OP (remember to use nif optimizer on the painted lady bodyslide files). This is highly touchy! Anything overwrites the facegen files and you lose the look of npc and the pubic hair. Keep this on bottom. Babes of skyrim, painted lady (you're here), and USSEEP are requirements for my files.

I uploaded to google drive... personally getting tired of MEGA. If anyone wishes to test feel free. Just remember...WIP… in Mod organizer/Vortex install Babes of skyrim, deactivate it's esp in right pane and leave mod active in left. Then install mine leaving all active. If usin NMM install Babes of skyrim then overwrite with mine. 

Find File Here

On 11/2/2018 at 7:54 AM, Inanna17 said:

I incorporated "Painted Lady" into the mod Babes of Skyrim found on nexus. It's not a patcher, just gave a style to each race, except khajit and argonian, then exported the facegen. So far it looks good in my game. No black face bug noticed in 2 days playing. I still consider it a WIP as there has been very limited testing so far. What I gave each race is as follows:

Breton - Bush

Nord - Wild

Redguard - Bush

Orc - Wild

Elder - Untamed for CBBE

I use UNP female body renewal, bodyslide settings for unp special, and the unp bodyslide conversion from the link given in OP (remember to use nif optimizer on the painted lady bodyslide files). This is highly touchy! Anything overwrites the facegen files and you lose the look of npc and the pubic hair. Keep this on bottom. Babes of skyrim, painted lady (you're here), and USSEEP are requirements for my files.

I uploaded to google drive... personally getting tired of MEGA. If anyone wishes to test feel free. Just remember...WIP… in Mod organizer/Vortex install Babes of skyrim, deactivate it's esp in right pane and leave mod active in left. Then install mine leaving all active. If usin NMM install Babes of skyrim then overwrite with mine. 

Find File Here

Thank you.  I'll add a link to the Custom Races and NPC Replacer Patches post.

UPDATE

Link added.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, Inanna17 said:

Breton - Bush

Nord - Wild

Redguard - Bush

Orc - Wild

Elder - Untamed for CBBE

Find File Here

How does it look compared to the original BoS faces?  Whenever I try to do this with the bijin AIO or Pandorable NPC's (got to love caterpillar eyebrows) all the npc's look like they fell out of the ugly tree.  I'm currently headbutting the keyboard trying to get my head around nifskope as nifmerge doesn't work for SSE, but i'm having no luck copying the pubic trishape from the new facegen to the original (not a potato ) facegen. 

When I see Mjoll I want to think, right, THATS why she's called the lioness.......

2 hours ago, Grummkol said:

How does it look compared to the original BoS faces?  Whenever I try to do this with the bijin AIO or Pandorable NPC's (got to love caterpillar eyebrows) all the npc's look like they fell out of the ugly tree.  I'm currently headbutting the keyboard trying to get my head around nifskope as nifmerge doesn't work for SSE, but i'm having no luck copying the pubic trishape from the new facegen to the original (not a potato ) facegen. 

When I see Mjoll I want to think, right, THATS why she's called the lioness.......

Nifmerge changes the facegen NIF by taking certain headpart blocks from the source NIF and replacing the same blocks in the destination NIF.

If using Nifskope, first you will need to create a new facegen NIF that contain the pubic meshes using CK.  CK will 'break' the facegen because it does not recognize custom morphs.

You then use Nifskope to copy the pubic hair block and paste it into the original NIF (one of the Bijin NPCs).

If that does not produce desirable results, you may need to retry but, this time copy the headpart blocks from the original facegen NIF and add it to the broken NIF (you need to first delete that block from the broken NIF before adding the block from the original).

I have not looked far enough into this method so I can't give a proper tutorial on the matter.

I'm using this with LabiaVariants SE BodySlide (with CBP) and I was able to add the pubic hair layer in Outfit Studio and build a new body but the pubic hair is blonde, how do I change the color?

I'm even more confused now, in game the pubic hair didn't show up at all (although it did in bodyslide's preview).

I went back to my original bodyslide settings (LabiaVariants with some minor slider tweaks) and I used showracemenu in game to add the pubic hair but while the options are there (I went with #3) they do not visibly show up at all.     I think LabiaVariants is overriding it - it's late in the load order since it's not a master (#69).      Any ideas or is it just not compatible?

22 hours ago, poplan said:

I'm using this with LabiaVariants SE BodySlide (with CBP) and I was able to add the pubic hair layer in Outfit Studio and build a new body but the pubic hair is blonde, how do I change the color?

I'm even more confused now, in game the pubic hair didn't show up at all (although it did in bodyslide's preview).

I went back to my original bodyslide settings (LabiaVariants with some minor slider tweaks) and I used showracemenu in game to add the pubic hair but while the options are there (I went with #3) they do not visibly show up at all.     I think LabiaVariants is overriding it - it's late in the load order since it's not a master (#69).      Any ideas or is it just not compatible?

The pubic hairs are intended to be set as a head part. As a head part it can match the color of your characters hair. Added as anything else ie overlay, it has nothing to base it's color off of, thus being blonde or colorless. If you did add as a headpart, then anything overriding your facegendata will cause a loss of that headpart addon. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Inanna17 said:

The pubic hairs are intended to be set as a head part. As a head part it can match the color of your characters hair. Added as anything else ie overlay, it has nothing to base it's color off of, thus being blonde or colorless. If you did add as a headpart, then anything overriding your facegendata will cause a loss of that headpart addon. Hope that helps.

Is there a tutorial or instructions somewhere on how to set that up because maybe it's because it's 4am when I'm reading this but my brain exploded reading that it's a head part.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, Inanna17 said:

Breton - Bush

Nord - Wild

Redguard - Bush

Orc - Wild

Elder - Untamed for CBBE

Find File Here

Seems to work well, no black faces encountered.   With BoS I always regen the face tintmasks as they are only 256x256 in the original downlaod and then repackage the facegen meshes and textures into a BSA so I can then use it as a base with other NPC replacers (bijin, etc).

12 hours ago, poplan said:

Is there a tutorial or instructions somewhere on how to set that up because maybe it's because it's 4am when I'm reading this but my brain exploded reading that it's a head part.

If you are using this on the player character, you don't need to do anything involving outfit studio or adding layers. Use showracemenu, go to "Hair", use the additional slider to set whichever style you want. The color will automatically become whichever color you choose. Even though it's a different location, it acts much in the same way sg brows does with color changing eyebrows. If you have a mod which uses morphs then building the meshes in bodyslide (checkbox ticked on build morphs) is required.

If your trying to modify npc's, followers, you need to follow instructions given by mod author.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:49 PM, Inanna17 said:

If you are using this on the player character, you don't need to do anything involving outfit studio or adding layers. Use showracemenu, go to "Hair", use the additional slider to set whichever style you want. The color will automatically become whichever color you choose. Even though it's a different location, it acts much in the same way sg brows does with color changing eyebrows. If you have a mod which uses morphs then building the meshes in bodyslide (checkbox ticked on build morphs) is required.

If your trying to modify npc's, followers, you need to follow instructions given by mod author.

I would be doing this on my player character and build morphs so I'll give this another try but so far I've never seen this show up.

UPDATE: And of course, now it works out of the gate.  I'm clearly an idiot :)

UPDATE 2: Huh, I added the hair to my character using showracemenu and now the ID of the game has changed so it's started a new save list.  Not a big deal I guess.

UPDATE 3: Worked great for a couple days and today I notice it's not showing up again.    Not sure what could cause that...   (Loaded back up to double check something, a couple hours after finishing for the night and it's working again.  Did absolutely nothing.) 

UPDATE 4: I see what's happening, sometimes, for whatever reason, it's putting the pubic hair lower than normal.     Have no idea why or what causes it to fix itself (until it breaks again).    I think I figured it out (see update 5).

UPDATE 5: There appears to be an issue with this mod and if the female character is pregnant (BodyMorph is being used to handle that), the pubic hair mesh keeps moving 'downward' as the belly expands.   My next post is a more formal bug report.

There is definitely a bug (or missing feature?) in Painted Lady (version 1.0-20170522) if any type of body morphing is going on.  

So with "Fill Her Up" (CBBE/SILF), "Sex Inflation Framework" and "Fertility Mode" if the character's belly morphs, the pubic hair either starts clipping away, apparently moving (up or down the body) or disappearing entirely - all depending on how severe the morph is.

SILF is apparently using NiOverride, and Fertility Mode is currently using BodyMorph but both techniques affect Painted Lady the same way.

I've attached a screenshot illustrating the issue.

Core/Affected Mods (shown by load order):

Skyrim SE v1.5.53

SKSE v2.0.10

SSE Engine Fixes 2.13 (1.5.53) skse64 plugin

SexLab Framework SE v1.6.3 Beta 4

Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer (CBBE) v1.5.1

Painted Lady 1.0-20170522

SexLab Fill Her Up SE v1.12 (CBBE/SLIF)

SexLab Inflation Framework SE v1.2.2
Labia Variants SE CBBE v1.3

Fertility Mode v1.5.0

CBP Physics for CBBE v0.22 (Disabled)  (No Plug-In)

CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR - CBPC SSE (No Plug-In)

SkyrimSE_PaintedLady_BodyMorph_Issue.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, tj3n123 said:

Hello, this mod seems to doesn't do anything for me :( does anyone have any idea? Racemenu slider does show, tried unequip everything but nothing appear, also only installed the main file with texture option

You need to make a patch to make custom races compatible with Painted Lady.

Instructions

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100859-tutorial-posted-the-painted-lady-color-matching-pubic-hairs/?do=findComment&comment=2423650

Little more details starting with this post.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100859-tutorial-posted-the-painted-lady-color-matching-pubic-hairs/?do=findComment&comment=2556624

19 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

Thanks, but im only using vanilla Nord

Edit: Finally found out that I have to also download the bodyslide file and build them....I remembered the LE version doesn't need it :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2018 at 6:53 AM, PsychoMachina said:

Biped slot should not have any affect on the pubic hairs as they are added into the game as an extra head part for the main hairs.  Here is a screenshot I made and the Wild style pubic hair is functioning in my game.

wildpubichairdoeswork.thumb.jpg.44311a072f5d56f7f4958fea834543af.jpg

Might reinstalling the PL files fix the situation?

What horns/jewelry mod is that?

• 2 months later...

I have limited experience with Bodyslide, but does anyone know if it's possible to weight the meshes somehow so they change with my character? I'm using the Inflation Framework and the pubes get covered up by the belly node. No clue if that's possible or how to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...