[mod] Christianity Mod r1.7.1

Anyone else having troubles with the Varangian event chain going off like crazy? I have one child who was scarred by the time she was 2, blinded by 8 and came back with 2 different husbands before she was 14 (killed them both with console commands) and i started in scottland! I don't think any of my children have made it to more than 6 without having the event activate at least once (although I guess the 2100 coins i've gotten from them has been nice on the side).

Edit: Doesn't seem like it's limited to just my kids either. Looks like about 1/4th of characters on my map seem to die from the event chain by the time they reach their 20s and it stops activating. The average martial abilities though are ending up really high with all the survivors getting a +8 or more by their 20s lol.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, bicobus said:

Make sure you have the right version of the mod for the right version of the game.

bicobus, I already have the right version and all the DLCs and it still crash on a new game. Not sure what else I can do at this moment....

16 hours ago, genericlogin said:

If you're already using Christianity Mod 1.9.0 with CK2 3.0.1.1, make sure you're not using any other mods which could potentially conflict.

I've already made sure with a brand new install and no other mods. And it still crashes. Not sure if I'm missing DLC that's triggering it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 11:17 PM, Bob22 said:

Anyone else get full crash to desktop when trying to shatter the world or randomize it with the new version?

Going through, I've determined that the issue is with the defines.lua file.

I'd try figuring out what it is specifically, but there's currently only a dummy file in the base game's defines folder. Did they do something, or is my particular copy messed up for some reason?

Boy am I dumb. The relevant defines file is right there in the /common folder... just not in the /defines folder WITHIN /common. All I had to do was scroll down. Anyway, I'm looking into it.

Hi. I'm making my first steps with CK II in general, even more so modding it so i hope you don't mind my confusion: 

This mod requires version 2.7.1 and the expansions other than Sunset
Invasion.

I've seen that there is a newer version that works with 3.0.1 but does that mean i need all of the DLCs? I currently don't really have any, that would be >200 € to spend oO. Or is there a version that doesn't require DLCs?

4 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

I've seen that there is a newer version that works with 3.0.1 but does that mean i need all of the DLCs? I currently don't really have any, that would be >200 € to spend oO. Or is there a version that doesn't require DLCs?

Author's blog is the most up to date: https://christianitymod.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/christianity-mod-1-9-0/

Beside it, yeah you'll have to get the major DLC. Most of what's in the steam store are cosmetics though, so the end price should be lower than 200€ (you don't need the cosmetic DLC, but after 200 hours of play you might find yourself wanting them).

17 hours ago, Yakis0ba said:

OK, the solution's pretty easy: find that defines.lua file within the /common/defines folder, move it to the /common folder itself. (It should be joining a static_modifiers file and a technology file.)

They moved defines is all that happened.

All that does is remove the defines, since the christ_defines.lua file isn't read unless it's in the defines folder. Deleting the file would have the same effect. Thanks for identifying where the problem was, though. This is apparently an engine bug which will (hopefully) be fixed, but in the mean time I'll add a note to the readme.

8 hours ago, bicobus said:

Author's blog is the most up to date: https://christianitymod.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/christianity-mod-1-9-0/

Beside it, yeah you'll have to get the major DLC. Most of what's in the steam store are cosmetics though, so the end price should be lower than 200€ (you don't need the cosmetic DLC, but after 200 hours of play you might find yourself wanting them).

You don't need the Sunset Invasion DLC. The reason I give "expansions other than Sunset Invasion" as requirements is that it's not practical for a mod author to develop and test a mod with all the possible combinations of expansion DLC. 

23 hours ago, genericlogin said:

All that does is remove the defines, since the christ_defines.lua file isn't read unless it's in the defines folder. Deleting the file would have the same effect. Thanks for identifying where the problem was, though. This is apparently an engine bug which will (hopefully) be fixed, but in the mean time I'll add a note to the readme.

Oh, whoops. Well at least I helped in some way!

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, greryve said:

cant adopt secret religion and christianity has the taoist cant convert marker is this meant to be this way?

Sorry, but I don't understand the question. Can you clarify what you're doing to adopt a secret religion that isn't working the way you expect, and what you mean by a "taoist cant convert marker"?

Hmm I really enjoy this mods breast/curves to women trait feature, but was looking to play A Game of Thrones mod this time, which would obviously be incompatible. IS there a possibility genericlogin , to extrapolate jthe traits and curves show up events into a stand alone mod please? 

I did try myself as an unskilled grunt, but I just caused it to crash on new game load.

Alternatively, are there any mods out there that just add breasts to ladies?

EDIT: I just deleted the defines.lua (in addition to my initial mass cull) and the game starts, females have breasts! No idea if it will screw things up down the line, but game starts, that is progress.

34 minutes ago, dwjlien said:

Hmm I really enjoy this mods breast/curves to women trait feature, but was looking to play A Game of Thrones mod this time, which would obviously be incompatible. IS there a possibility genericlogin , to extrapolate jthe traits and curves show up events into a stand alone mod please? 

I did try myself as an unskilled grunt, but I just caused it to crash on new game load.

Alternatively, are there any mods out there that just add breasts to ladies?

Down load the tits and dick module of Dark world Fantasy?