[mod] Christianity Mod r1.7.1

On 9/28/2018 at 8:03 AM, AlexWyrmin said:

I've already read that this mod doesn't clash with EU4, but does anyone here know if it has any effect on the game's progression (i.e. butterflying away the Anglican Schism because the King of England is completely indifferent to what kind of plumbing his heir(ess) has)?

No--the converter assumes you're using the base game, and I haven't made an EU4 "sequel" mod.

That said, I converted a game I'd played all the way through in CK2, and then played all the way through EU4. The Protestant Reformation was a single province (Malta, as I recall) which promptly converted back to Catholicism. I thought it was pretty funny that even though EU4 didn't know anything about the changes my mod makes to Catholicism, nobody was really interested in rocking the boat.  ?

1 hour ago, genericlogin said:

No--the converter assumes you're using the base game, and I haven't made an EU4 "sequel" mod.

That said, I converted a game I'd played all the way through in CK2, and then played all the way through EU4. The Protestant Reformation was a single province (Malta, as I recall) which promptly converted back to Catholicism. I thought it was pretty funny that even though EU4 didn't know anything about the changes my mod makes to Catholicism, nobody was really interested in rocking the boat.  ?

Well, they were all too busy rocking the bed for that, what did expect? XD

• 1 month later...

Do you have any plans to update this for Holy Fury? You can finally give female catholics concubines. There's a lot of cool new things added to Catholicism that could be updated with this, and if I remember correctly you had some category of religions or something that were as sexual as Catholicism in this mod (?) if I'm remembering it correctly, that'd be a great pagan reformation doctrine.

It's obviously potentially a lot of work, but that's because there's so much you can do.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, genericlogin said:

A quick update: I'm hard at work on the update, and MeMe has also been making some major contributions (notably including gender equality for merchant republics). However, there's still more work to be done, and lots of testing needed.

Merchant Republics already have gender equality capabilities. It was in an update prior to Holy Fury.

I thoroughly look forward for the update, I actually began to write a couple of events pertaining to the more kinkier aspects of the mod (Cuckoldry/Bestiality/Alpha Male Stuff), but with Uni finals around the corner I had to put a stop to it. I could offer some sort of minimal assistance to this mod as soon as I get these exams over with. 

13 hours ago, genericlogin said:

Probably--it was with Dark World Reborn. I'm still testing the new version by itself, and haven't done any compatibility testing.

Nice, but are you testing it with these two, all together, or by itself?

Aaand, would you consider joining their team to create a MASSIVE mod....? ?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Hello @genericlogin! And a happy and healthy new year to all!!!

Just to inform you that, @cybrxkhan is on the move again with his VIET mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1601402546&tscn=1546883237

Will you consider updating Christianity with it? ?

Not for this version. The years-old version of VIET (inherited from nadamod) that's included within this mod has been pretty heavily modified, and updating it to use cybrxkhan's new version would add a great deal of new work. I've already been working on this update for a really long time, and am finally within a week of being done--I don't want to delay it with massive feature creep so near the end.

I will be looking at VIET Events Reborn for the next version of Christianity Mod, though.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:02 PM, whateverdontcare said:

Also since the mod is being tested, does that mean it's nearly done?

And it's finally done: https://christianitymod.wordpress.com/

This was the largest update since the initial release, and the changelist is pretty long. Thanks to MeMe for enabling female rulers for merchant republics and assorted other contributions (particularly fixing my buggy new religion features).

17 hours ago, Bob22 said:

Anyone else get full crash to desktop when trying to shatter the world or randomize it with the new version?

You're right, it doesn't work. I'm afraid I'd completely forgotten that feature existed and never tested with it. I'll look into it for the next version, but I'm afraid it's not a priority--the world randomization doesn't really fit that well with the mod's purpose of making a specific historical change.

Thanks for the update!  I was playing around with it a little last night and really enjoyed it.

One thing I noticed: although I was playing a Catholic ruler most of the time, I did poke my head in on a pagan one to see what the reformation mechanics were like, and noticed that it looked like the Incest option was, on a mechanical level, just a lesser subset of the Divine Marriage option.  (Both allow incestuous relationships, but Divine Marriage gives you a bonus for them.)  Is that an accurate perception, or was I missing something?  It might be nice to add a comparable boon to your version, just to make them more balanced.  I'm not sure what I'd suggest -- lower revolt risk?  Improved relations with your own dynasty?  Exclusive event chains? -- but it might be something to think about.