[mod] Christianity Mod r1.7.1

Game crashes on loading with this mod, and I can't actually figure out why. Someone earlier said it was on their end, but I've been fucking around for days now trying to figure it out to no avail :s

Make sure you're using the latest CK2 version (2.7.1) and the expansions other than Sunset Invasion.

Game crashes on loading with this mod, and I can't actually figure out why. Someone earlier said it was on their end, but I've been fucking around for days now trying to figure it out to no avail :s

That was me. The reason it was crashing for me was because I always change the default age portrait switch. I dont like it when your character especially females hit thirty all of a sudden they look fifty. What I did was I made a mistake on one of the values for young age portrait.

Make sure you're using the latest CK2 version (2.7.1) and the expansions other than Sunset Invasion.

Well, that's what I have, and I know I have. I tried loading after disabling Sunset Invasion and that didn't work either. It still crashes during load. :s Do I need all the portrait/clothing/music/etc packs as well while I'm at it? o-o

That was me. The reason it was crashing for me was because I always change the default age portrait switch. I dont like it when your character especially females hit thirty all of a sudden they look fifty. What I did was I made a mistake on one of the values for young age portrait.

Oh, I don't have that problem at all so I guess it's not that XD Dammit.

Edit: ... So I swore I tried redownloading it in case I somehow missed something, but I figured what the heck and tried again, and it's getting past the load screen >.> I'll see how it goes XD 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting an interesting little quark where I get a flood of high born females into the court, generally the same two randomly generated courtier's over and over about 10 or so times.

I'm guessing the mod is interacting with another script or mod in a negative fashion but am unsure.

I'm getting an interesting little quark where I get a flood of high born females into the court, generally the same two randomly generated courtier's over and over about 10 or so times.

I'm guessing the mod is interacting with another script or mod in a negative fashion but am unsure.

Is there an event associated with them? Also, does this still happen if you have all other mods turned off?

Is there an event associated with them? Also, does this still happen if you have all other mods turned off?

That's the strange thing there isn't, or at least one I can see.

I literally just started a new game....did my first autosave at July 1st of the same year, earliest start, Then on reload, next time I started the game, I suddenly had an extra 15 females in the court.  I'll test it with the other mods turned off.  I say it's connected to the Christianity mod because I only had it when I started running that mod, AND sometimes a random female pair shows up in these created courtiers which are also married to each other.

But it could be being botched by another mod that is running.  I'll do a little QA on this side.

Interesting. Women with wives are only generated in the history files, before a game is started for the first time, and there is no way for a woman to get a wife in-game through this mod. That means that at least that pair is not randomly generated, but are being pulled to your court from somewhere else... or another mod is marrying them, but that seems unlikely.

It sounds like what you're seeing is either a mod conflict or something entirely unrelated to this mod. In addition to what MeMe said, I'll add that while there are events that add a female character to your court, they're events, so if one of them were repeatedly triggering you'd see it. Also, there's nothing in this mod that adds multiple characters to your court simultaneously.

• 1 month later...

# Exhibitionist trait gained! Based on WoL.99
character_event = {
    id = christ.99
    desc = EVTDESC_christ_99

This event can grant it, seems to be the only reference to adding the trait I can find.

\mod\Christianity\events\christ_events.txt

Line 445: # Exhibitionist level up chance, based on WoL.96

Random question, but how do you get the "Exhibitionist" trait? Way of Life Seduction/Carousing focus?

There are some random events that involve accidental exposure. They have pro-exhibition options you can choose, and after doing so for enough of the events you'll gain the trait. It's definitely not easy to get.

snip

While you are here, can I badger you with a question please? IS there a good/simple way to to stop the event... I think it was 404. In BirthEvents

EVTDESC404.catholic:
That has my wife gets pregnant and "she has fucked so many men she has no idea who the father is".

I really really really hate that. I get that promiscuity is a large part of the mods base, so if not, fair enough.

But if there is a way, either through file edits or in game choices, I would very much like more control over my wife. Please and thank you.

As a Catholic ruler your options are somewhat limited because that sort of thing is the whole point of the mod. Some possibilities:

1. If your character is cynical and not kind or content he can use it as an excuse to get a divorce. This will make him unpopular with the church, but seems most applicable to your situation. The premise is that there were enough powerful rulers who share your way of thinking to keep the divorce option open despite how unpopular it is with pretty much everyone else.

2. When choosing a wife, look for traits like chaste or celibate.

3. Just don't play a Catholic. All the other religions (including the various Catholic heresies) are unchanged from the base game. (Caveat: that won't necessarily always be the case.)

Spifferoonies, thanks for getting back to me man.

It SEEMS to be a pregnancy  where the kid is 50% chance my kid or not - But, I don't know for sure. So I just edited the CSV to a scen where she tells me shes pregnant, no mention of adultery. And my character will just believe it is his for now. IF shes bonked someone else, it is on the down-low. Should work as I deffo want to keep playing Catholic, your mod makes it good :)

Random question, but how do you get the "Exhibitionist" trait? Way of Life Seduction/Carousing focus?

There are some random events that involve accidental exposure. They have pro-exhibition options you can choose, and after doing so for enough of the events you'll gain the trait. It's definitely not easy to get.

So its just completely random? Thanks for the info!

Also, random idea but what if there was a secret society that Muslims could follow that would give them access to a similar this version of Catholicism? I admit I don't know much about secret societies, but I just like the thought of it. On a different note, any ideas for something like a dildo of the blessed slut artifact lol?

Also, random idea but what if there was a secret society that Muslims could follow that would give them access to a similar this version of Catholicism? I admit I don't know much about secret societies, but I just like the thought of it.

I have some long term plans for moving other religions (all of them, not just Muslims) in that direction, but it won't happen soon.

On a different note, any ideas for something like a dildo of the blessed slut artifact lol?

There is such an artifact already. It's the counterpart to the holy grail.

Also, random idea but what if there was a secret society that Muslims could follow that would give them access to a similar this version of Catholicism? I admit I don't know much about secret societies, but I just like the thought of it.

I have some long term plans for moving other religions (all of them, not just Muslims) in that direction, but it won't happen soon.

On a different note, any ideas for something like a dildo of the blessed slut artifact lol?

There is such an artifact already. It's the counterpart to the holy grail.

Count me in as excited, any special mechanics or something you're willing to share? I'd imagine Decadence for Islamic dynasties will become a positive thing.

You also really have to have some sort of wiki link or at least explanation of all the things you add; you just keep surprising me with all the stuff you managed to shove in! Remember the first time I got the cum drinking soldiers effect and went like "wow, here I am thinking it was just some minor changes" lol.

Have you guys had the issue where every time a courtier dies, an NPC female always shows up in court and is listed as their spouse, regardless of the gender of the deceased?

I've never seen that happen myself. If you're seeing that behavior, I suggest turning off all other mods and seeing if it still happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to edit the vanilla way of life decisions text file so that pagan groups can use the seduction focus to seduce daughters/sons just like this mod allows it for catholics but without success. Any advice/tips? Thanks!

That new version I mentioned is now available at the location above. In this version if you want to make a religion accept incest, all you have to do is add it to the incest scripted trigger. See MeMe's thread on the subject for details:  A note to CK2 religion modders