IGNORED

Basemental Drugs 7.13.137 (Updated Apr 01 2021)

No animation, pill bottle disappears after clicking open bottle, no pills can be seen, however sims are affected by the drug effect, using latest game version

Hi!

The pill bottle is supposed to disappear after clicking open bottle and you should get a random generated amount of pills in return. They are supposed to show up in your Sims inventory. Are they not showing up in inventory?

The pill bottle in itself should not give any drug effects, and the animation is only tied to the actual consumption of the pill, not the opening of the pill glass.

:@ :@ :@ :@ :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: we have enough problems in this world with drugs your really gonna make a mod in the

sims game so they can use drugs really thats so stupid!!!!

I am not really going to go into this discussion with anyone, but I had a feeling it was just a matter of time that a disapproving comment was coming. I'll just throw in my 2 cents on this matter once and I'll leave it at that.

First things first, you are of course entitled to your opinion, I respect your opinion no matter how inanely articulated it is.

Secondly, this game already has a PG13 sugarcoated version of alcohol, (also a drug, albeit legal and taxable for purely coincidental reasons) imbedded, as well as a hookah (as if anyone in their right minds thinks that the Sims are actually blowing bubbles).

The Sims is supposed to be a Simulator of real life. Drugs exist in real life, like you mentioned. I, and obviously many others, like to add that flavour into our games without any sugarcoating or childish censoring. If that is not your cup of tea, the solution is ridiculously simple; don't download the mods.

Have a great day! :)

:@ :@ :@ :@ :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: we have enough problems in this world with drugs your really gonna make a mod in the

I am not really going to go into this discussion with anyone, but I had a feeling it was just a matter of time that a disapproving comment was coming. I'll just throw in my 2 cents on this matter once and I'll leave it at that.

First things first, you are of course entitled to your opinion, I respect your opinion no matter how inanely articulated it is.

Secondly, this game already has a PG13 sugarcoated version of alcohol, (also a drug, albeit legal and taxable for purely coincidental reasons) imbedded, as well as a hookah (as if anyone in their right minds thinks that the Sims are actually blowing bubbles).

The Sims is supposed to be a Simulator of real life. Drugs exist in real life, like you mentioned. I, and obviously many others, like to add that flavour into our games without any sugarcoating or childish censoring. If that is not your cup of tea, the solution is ridiculously simple; don't download the mods.

Basemental, your response was way more rational than mine would have been. Anyways, thanks for putting in all the time and energy to make a mod that I  HAPPILY use (speed keeps my butler chipper). I greatly look forward to what you come up with next. 

Basemental, your response was way more rational than mine would have been. Anyways, thanks for putting in all the time and energy to make a mod that I  HAPPILY use (speed keeps my butler chipper). I greatly look forward to what you come up with next. 

I seriously love basemental's response.  Perfect.

nice mod, now i can make my prostitute as close as real life doing drugs..,

can't wait for the weed!!

and suggestion, will you combine the weed mod with the bubble blower? i think it's quite logical that you can do weed with the bubble blower..

nice mod, now i can make my prostitute as close as real life doing drugs..,

can't wait for the weed!!

and suggestion, will you combine the weed mod with the bubble blower? i think it's quite logical that you can do weed with the bubble blower..

Hi,

yeah I agree that it is only logical to tie the weed to the bubble blower, and it is something that has to be done in the foreseeable future. It will definitely not be a part of the earliest beta versions of the mod though, seeing that the bubble blower is a complex beast in terms of XML tuning, I'd rather get the basic part of the mod out first and foremost and rather add the bubble blower to the package once I have time to properly sit down and wrap my head around how to deal with it.

This mod is really awesome! Thanks! but is there any way to disable autonomy?

Not at the moment. I could however upload a new version without autonomy, so people could choose one or the other when installing.

I get why it can be a tad bit annoying that the Sim eats a pill from the inventory whenever he/she feels like it and gets wasted for several hours, it is not really ideal.

I think what could be a better idea though is to make the pills stashable in inventory boxes so you could store it a custom made inventory box when you don't want the Sim to take the drugs. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think they open up the inventory boxes and take it from there as an autonomous action.

This mod is really awesome! Thanks! but is there any way to disable autonomy?

Not at the moment. I could however upload a new version without autonomy, so people could choose one or the other when installing.

I get why it can be a tad bit annoying that the Sim eats a pill from the inventory whenever he/she feels like it and gets wasted for several hours, it is not really ideal.

I think what could be a better idea though is to make the pills stashable in inventory boxes so you could store it a custom made inventory box when you don't want the Sim to take the drugs. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think they open up the inventory boxes and take it from there as an autonomous action.

That would be really awesome! thanks though you did an amazing job!

Hey, I downloaded all of your mods from your site. I'm enjoying them and will certainly check back regularly for updates & additions!

I just had a small suggestion (well, maybe not so small code-wise. Dunno) : wouldn't it be nice if when a sim snorts a line (or more than one) they'd have some residue underneath their nose? Or maybe I just watched too many movies and this never happens in real life to junkies :D 

GrTz & keep up tha good work :exclamation: 

Hey, I downloaded all of your mods from your site. I'm enjoying them and will certainly check back regularly for updates & additions!

I just had a small suggestion (well, maybe not so small code-wise. Dunno) : wouldn't it be nice if when a sim snorts a line (or more than one) they'd have some residue underneath their nose? Or maybe I just watched too many movies and this never happens in real life to junkies :D

It is not a big deal codewise to implement it. I already did the same thing with red eyes added to the weed mod I am working on at the moment. I have actually thought about this myself as well, and will most likely sort it out in the near future :)

Glad you are enjoying the mods, by the way!

I could hardly believe it, I have been searching for these types of mods forever now  :lol:

Perhaps an "as group" action to take turns doing lines/pop pills at the same time? Not sure if it would be possible but I think it would really add to the fun and realism of the mod.

Anyways amazing work, thanks! Can't wait for the weed and dealer mods  :)

It is not a big deal codewise to implement it. I already did the same thing with red eyes added to the weed mod I am working on at the moment. I have actually thought about this myself as well, and will most likely sort it out in the near future :)

Glad you are enjoying the mods, by the way!

Cool man. I was also thinking since you've got the hang of the addictive drugs now, how about alcohol. You mentioned earlier here that it is a legal drug but it would be nice to see it all in one mod (and since yours are so great to play with) + it would be nice with already in place hangover mod. Or would that need some extra tweaking then?

Suggestions for alcohol:

- buy bottles of heavy drinks (Accessable for YA and up) :

Whiskey

Cognac

Jenever ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenever which is my favorite drink so I wouldn't mind having that one aswell :D , pm me if you want further info about what kind of Jenevers and tastes there are)

- Buy bottles of medium drinks (Accessable for YA and up) :

Whiskey Cola

Rum Cola

Trappist (like Leffe, Duvel, ...)

- Buy bottles of drinks with less alcohol ((Accessable for teens and up) :

Whine

Beer

Bacardi Breezer

- Then when you have a bottle in your inventory you can choose to either put them in a glass (so you can share drinks with somebody) or you can just drink the whole bottle (or stop half way or... depends on the player right)

- Sim will wake up with a dry mouth and should drink or eat something or start drinking again.

- Drinking alcohol should lower the need for food aswell (alcoholics lose weight fast because they don't eat)

I hope you can see where I'd want to go here. I hope if it's do-able for you? There is drink, drank, drunk mod now ( http://modthesims.info/d/590387 ) but when you had too much it just says the too-much-medication buff. And there's no hangovers aswell.

To conclude this whole... Well, long text. I have 2 more questions for you?

- I've been trying your mod with one sim in particular but she sim never has to barf in the toilet during hangover, does this mean she's done them before? That naughty girl...

- When will your weed mod be done? Are we talking weeks or months? It's not a question to pressure you because I totally agree with you when you say you want to do them at your own pace. It's just for a 'global' estimation.

GrTz

Hi blobby666.

I agree that the Drink Drank Drunk mod could be done a whole lot better. I might make an alcohol mod a bit further down the line, but as for now I got a lot on my plate so it is not something I'll be working on in the immediate future, but a lot of people are asking for it, so I might be inclined to sort one out eventually. And thanks for the inputs and ideas with regards to an alcohol mod. Much appreciated :)

The barfing bit still needs some tuning it seems. It is supposed to be a nauseous commodity added to the different hangovers, but so far it does not seem to work exactly like it should. 

As for the weed mod; it will be a complex and large mod, so in its completed state it will probably be a couple of months. I am however seriously considering making a Patreon page for the earlier versions of it, so people can check it out and follow it from the birth to completion if they wish. Then I would be able to have the earliest version up and running in a week.

Hi blobby666.

I agree that the Drink Drank Drunk mod could be done a whole lot better. I might make an alcohol mod a bit further down the line, but as for now I got a lot on my plate so it is not something I'll be working on in the immediate future, but a lot of people are asking for it, so I might be inclined to sort one out eventually. And thanks for the inputs and ideas with regards to an alcohol mod. Much appreciated :)

The barfing bit still needs some tuning it seems. It is supposed to be a nauseous commodity added to the different hangovers, but so far it does not seem to work exactly like it should. 

As for the weed mod; it will be a complex and large mod, so in its completed state it will probably be a couple of months. I am however seriously considering making a Patreon page for the earlier versions of it, so people can check it out and follow it from the birth to completion if they wish. Then I would be able to have the earliest version up and running in a week.

Yeah, I'm also wondering why they don't barf with morning sickness either.

I wouldn't mind pledging. I'm sure plenty of others wouldn't either but then again would have to know about it.

une version payante.. .. c'est pas cool ... faire des modes deviens un business ... ( la gratuité fait la bonne réputation )  :(

Jamais je ne pariais un quelconque mode ... il y a des gens qui font de magnifique mode et gratuit ..   

une version payante.. .. c'est pas cool ... faire des modes deviens un business ... ( la gratuité fait la bonne réputation )  :(

Jamais je ne pariais un quelconque mode ... il y a des gens qui font de magnifique mode et gratuit ..   

Had to google translate this, but I got the general gist of it.

There is also a free version, it can be downloaded directly from the original post, or my website. The Patreon stuff is purely optional if you feel like following the newest features while they are being developed, as they are very much in a beta and in-development stage. Once the features of that version has been established as stable and releasable it will obviously be put out for free as well.

Had to google translate this, but I got the general gist of it.

There is also a free version, it can be downloaded directly from the original post, or my website. The Patreon stuff is purely optional if you feel like following the newest features while they are being developed, as they are very much in a beta and in-development stage. Once the features of that version has been established as stable and releasable it will obviously be put out for free as well.

Ok thx, Good job

This mod sounds awesome, well done!

I know nothing much about drugs in General, but one thing everyone notices, is the change in physical appearance, you can see that someone is using drugs. Depending on the Kind of drugs used, be it weight loss as others suggested, or eye bags, a pale face, or Overall a unhealthy look including scratched open wounds, blemishes, stuff like that.

So here a List with suggestions (+ questions^^)

- Depending on how severe the Addiction is and how Long it lasts, why not make it visible in sims' faces

- Are there fitting animations like snorting cocaine or making a blunt/passing it to others?

- Will there be Heroine too (also With own animations)?

- Are there (expensive) ingame ways, to get rid of addictions instantly?

- Idea to combine this mod with WW: Seeing drug addicted sims, you can force them into doing "things", in exchange for their abused drug, turning them into Personal Slaves?

- Another Idea: Why not introduce a way to create a drug lab, to make Pills and cocaine, or plant Weed, that grows over Time so you can harvest it at some point?

- How about Access to a "Drug Market" on the Internet, where you can buy stuff to sell, that has new prices everyone day? Requires the "Drug Dealer" Trait (Check below).

- How about a "Start Selling Drugs" Interaction, where your sim earns money from people buying your stuff?

Submenues: "Stop Selling", "Adjust price (for each Drug)", "Change Strategy between "Max. Profit(Just selling)" and "Find new Customers (Much less profit, but more on the Long run)"

2 new traits, "Drug Dealer" and "Easily addicted/Naive":

- Drugdealer can only be Chosen in CAS, so not everyone has it. Sims with that trait always appear from 20:00 - 3:00 at pre defined Locations, Limited to 1-2 on each map. If a Sim with that Trait is played, you can set your home as a Location to sell stuff, so People will visit you to buy drugs, maybe even staying for Long time or visit very often (like in the City dlc, when you give someone a key to your home).

-People with "Easily Addicted/Naive" shouldnt have a restriction like Drug Dealers, but a limitation.

Lets say the Limit is 2 sims, then only 2 Sims with that trait can be in a Public Place at once, avoiding 90% People being drug addicts in the town. Of course inviting more than 2 addicts to a Place/home still works out.

Also, People with that trait visit drug dealers themselves if already addicted and are easier to conveince to try a new drug, or drugs in General.

Well thats all I come up with for now, if I have More ideas I will tell you after testing the mod (Currently unable to, sorry if I asked/suggested stupid Stuff) :D

• Basemental changed the title to Basemental Drugs 7.13.137 (Updated Apr 01 2021)