So I noticed Looks Menu now has BodyGen functionality for Fallout 4, anyone got it working, care to share .inis?

HEADS UP, This worked for me, but if you are using MO2 it seems you have to install Looksmenu in the data folder to be able to fully use it. I also had to do this with MCM as well. If you are using MO2 don't put morphs and template.ini in MO2 as the BodyGen won't work in the virtual drive it will only work if you put it in the Data folder. Speaking fromĀ  my own experience with these things.

Ā 

Is there a command that forces bodygen to renable its bodygen on characters that it has skipped or had no effect on?

Ā 

NPC and Player are separated models if that's what you're asking. So it may not have effect on most NPC, specially DLCs. [citation needed]

Ā 

Ā 

I meant for Npcs. I can't get it to work for 2 settlements with npcs in it.

Ā 

Ā 

Is there a command that forces bodygen to renable its bodygen on characters that it has skipped or had no effect on?

Ā 

NPC and Player are separated models if that's what you're asking. So it may not have effect on most NPC, specially DLCs. [citation needed]

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's only changing their size right? If so they cannot be modified unless using CK if I remember right.

At least in my experiences.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's only changing their size right? If so they cannot be modified unless using CK if I remember right.

At least in my experiences.

Ā 

Ā 

I think what happened with me was while I was struggling with it to work for a bit it did do it in some way, But it didn't actually change anything. Now that I have gotten it to finally work the npcs affected prior won't be able to be randomized because it's done it before except everyone effected still looks like skeletor because it didn't effectively apply the morphs prior. With newly encountered npcs it affects like it's supposed to and I actually see size change happening. So now i'm trying to get it to work or have it apply it's self again for the npcs it didn't effect in the intended way.

Ā 

Ā 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 2:11 AM, SexyTop69 said:

Im pretty sure you just have to load a save from before you first implemented the bodygen morphs. This is from the mod page "Ā when that actor is loaded (when you first see them, or load an existing save where they have no morphs) their morph listing will be computed"

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 6:25 PM, MiriamGarrity said:

Then all you need to do is select all the preset .xml files you want to create BodyGen data for, then drag them onto the .bat file. Ā A cmd window will open up and a whole bunch of text will scroll by, then it will close.

Ā 

I'm a bit late to the party but was really hoping this would work for me cause i'm not that experienced with this stuff...Ā 

When i drop the .xml onto the .bat file a black screen pops up and closes immediately. I get no scrolling text, and as a result no .ini files.Ā 

Any idea why? I felt soo close to victory! :(

Slept on it to try again today. And I'm just a derp is all.. I didn't install Python correctly. The .bat file is working perfectly!

I'm so blown away by this, and really unsure why no one has really streamlined this process. If it weren't for this little thread, and that .Bat tool. All of us (and most people) are using something like this mod:Ā https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27890?tab=description

It's essentially someone else's presets dropped into folders. I have test all the presets, and there is one that is pretty decent, but none of them really satisfied my needs.Ā 

I personally like a small variation with bits of randomness sprinkled in. Generally I will keep the Vanilla CBBE stuff, with the exception of a few hand crafted added in. If there is a gorgeous preset i would like it to be somewhat rare, so it would be a 1/10 chance or less. And now i'm finally able to customize the presets of CBBE a bit further to make them a bit more unique.Ā 

Ā 

The only thing that still stumps me about this process is the variation script everyone keeps talking about. Not sure where that is, or where it goes. I havn't done any changes other than morphs.ini and templates.ini in the proper .esp folders. And that seems to work just fine. Personally, I don't even really want the game to generate randomness at all, or at least very little. Maybe 10% plus or minus, or none. With enough presets, like 10-15 of them, that should be more than enough randomness across my wasteland. But subtle changes would be okay I guess.Ā 

Ā 

If anyone has any information about this variation file, where it is located and such. A replacement that does subtle adjustments or no negative adjustments. That would be my final wish to get this all to work.

Ā 

I also highly recommend someone packages this all up into a nice neat little mod. That .bat file is really the key thing here. And that mod I linked above shows all the key .esp folders your will need to make the morphs apply to all aspects of the game including mods. So it would be nice to have everything in one nice place on the Nexus, cause i'm sure plenty of people out there would love a simple way to randomize all their females in the wasteland, and even customize those presets.Ā 

Ā 

This thread is literally the only place on the internet that gave me hope doing this. And after so much work, i'm afraid doing the males will just be impossible. But that would be cool too!Ā 

Ā 

I use the jBS2BG application you can download here.Ā 

I go around collecting presets that I like and then build my morphs and templates and set up randomization using them in that application.Ā 

You can of course use your own, but there's so many presets, you can get a nice selection using others.

Then I also use the application to specifically apply certain presets to specific characters.

Ā 

To regenerate, it looks like you can just delete the accompanying .f4se save file but I'm not sure what else that removes. I tend to make a backup of the file before deleting it.Ā 

Ā 

On 5/30/2018 at 5:20 PM, CopperIngot said:

Isn't Fallout4.esm|7 supposed to represent the player? Or is it 14? The preset I defined doesn't seem to be taking effect on the female player with either.

The player is 14.Ā 

I've not tried using the bodygen to setup the body for the player. I wonder if it works.Ā 

There's always the in-game sliders but you can also do it a round about way.

Use looksmenu to save your character preset.

Set up a character like Piper with the body you want on a new save. Load up the game (maybe a new one? or test cell console spawn?)

Save the preset of piper.

Then go into your presets folder and open those two files and you can copy over the body section from piper to your preset.

Load up the game, and load up your preset on your character.

Ā 

It's a shame there's no a little application that'll add the proper lines of text/code to a looksmenu preset based off a bodyslide preset.

• 2 years later...
On 11/1/2017 at 1:13 AM, SexyTop69 said:

HEADS UP, This worked for me, but if you are using MO2 it seems you have to install Looksmenu in the data folder to be able to fully use it. I also had to do this with MCM as well. If you are using MO2 don't put morphs and template.ini in MO2 as the BodyGen won't work in the virtual drive it will only work if you put it in the Data folder. Speaking fromĀ  my own experience with these things.

Years later and I found this post after hours upon hours of frustration. This worked! Thank you!