Wait for SSE or reinstall oldrim?.

jynxx

That last paragraph is at best mis-informed.. you do realise that SSE is still Skyrim? With the same ability to mod/create/diversify. The chief difference is that SSE is much more stable and reliable. Also, SSE to me looks, feels and most importantly.. performs a whole lot better than my heavy ENB driven skyrim installation.

you do realise 64 bits do nothing about stack dumps or conflicts

if you do the same mess you did with skyrim, your save won't last much longer

and if many are waiting for skse, that's because they don't have the same ability to mod/create/diversify without it

This line right here is genius..

you do realise 64 bits do nothing about stack dumps or conflicts

You do realise what a stack dump is and why it can cause CTD's in and of itself because you can easily over-run the 512Kb page size. Now think about what you wrote, and explain why you believe that 64bit does nothing about stack dumps? Please, the anticipation of this insight is killing me. Clue.. what causes stack dumps to occur in the first place? How many stack dumps have I had in SSE.. zero none nada ever period.

What mess are you talking about? Are you seriously suggesting that skyrim was perfectly stable, oh boy.. you are going to lose this argument once again. Unmodded skyrim crashes on a fairly regular basis.. requiring 3rd party mods "Crash Fixes" just to eliminate some of them. SSE.. no 'crash fixes' required or necessary. I can also refer you to your comments in the past on this, and how you only get 1 CTD per session (because CTD's are obviously acceptable to you).

You do realise what a stack dump is and why it can cause CTD's in and of itself because you can easily over-run the 512Kb page size. Now think about what you wrote, and explain why you believe that 64bit does nothing about stack dumps? Please, the anticipation of this insight is killing me. Clue.. what causes stack dumps to occur in the first place? How many stack dumps have I had in SSE.. zero none nada ever period.

Dumping stacks:

"Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:" generally happens when a process (i.e. function or event - even a "set" or "get" event) from a Script fails to complete. And depending on how the Script was written, it may fail to unload itself from the game - which causes that process to be suspended as it waits to be unloaded. Unfortunately, he game will keep trying to use the Script - causing more failures to stack on top of previous failures. And the number of processes the game can suspend and stack is limited. Once that limit is reached, the game will dump it.

Sometimes the game will be able to completely dump all suspended process and your game recovers from this process. But sometimes, the game won't because the broken process is continually adding to the stack while the stack is getting dumped.

you have to check the logs size everytime you quit the game if you want to know if you had a dump

you do that? doubt it

Dumping stacks:

"Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:" generally happens when a process (i.e. function or event - even a "set" or "get" event) from a Script fails to complete. And depending on how the Script was written, it may fail to unload itself from the game - which causes that process to be suspended as it waits to be unloaded. Unfortunately, he game will keep trying to use the Script - causing more failures to stack on top of previous failures. And the number of processes the game can suspend and stack is limited. Once that limit is reached, the game will dump it.

Sometimes the game will be able to completely dump all suspended process and your game recovers from this process. But sometimes, the game won't because the broken process is continually adding to the stack while the stack is getting dumped.

you have to check the logs size everytime you quit the game if you want to know if you had a dump

you do that? doubt it

You have still mis-understood why a stack dump has any relevance, so why even bring it up in the first place if you don't understand? It's a self defeating argument.  Copying and pasting from a source that explains what it is is about is of no use at all. What is useful is understanding why it happens.. and there you have just highlighted the major issue in Skyrim running in a 32bit process. You say that 64bit does nothing to help this.. well that is utterly and totally wrong! Of course it helps this!

Also, your last paragraph.. your talking to the wrong person. I have my log open 100% of any game time in Notepad++  because I use lots of debug features. Never had a stack dump once, because the conditions where the stack dump could occur are not there in SSE, at least in my 192 mod installation. I am not saying they couldn't occur.. they still could.. however the frequency and likelihood are vastly reduced because of the much larger address space available in x64.

The key I think is that being 64 bit effectively removes any resource constraints from the game.  Oldrim crashes frequently due to lack of resources.  SE never does.  I'm sure there are still pieces of code that fail to properly deallocate memory or runaway processes wasting lots of resources.  It just doesn't matter anymore.

What is useful is understanding why it happens..

you know so much better yet you don't know that?

if it was stack dump paradise when i gave auto loot stuff to sofia dialog

that was because if there's 150 items that go to sofia storage coffer

that's 150 screenshot assist script (that don't even need to check if that thing it drop on the ground get in the inventory to work)

150 requiem script to check it's not a blood potion

150 sofia script to check it's not gold or beer or

above x active scripts you are above the limit and stack dump

no idea how many x is, but since you know so much better, you can tell us that right?

You are going off again on another tangent.. everything you are saying relates to your experience with Skyrim 32bit. You came in the thread and made a false claim that 64bit does not help with the 'stack dump issue'.. when it obviously and clearly does, how can it not! Now you are posting examples of experience in 32bit which likely that very same scenario in 64bit is unlikely to lead to a stack dump.

Please just stop trolling..

You have done this repeatedly over many threads, you join the thread post some falsehoods and then refuse to back down when faced with truths and reality, instead trying a different angle. This is sheer trolling.. you are not interested in rational argument. I wonder what the next claim will be.. at least make it based on some factual evidence or at least make a true claim.

You could have just come on the thread to post "SSE doesn't do your laundry".. no-one could disagree with you, you would be 100% correct, and your objective of running down SSE (a game you have even stated you don't own) would be met. 

lol. Thats the only real defense ive seen for SSE. 64bit 64bit 64bit. Like seriously lol. Even with 64bit, original skyrim is still better than SSE when it comes to modding. I don't get why people need to argue about that, its pretty obvious.

Only other things ive heard people try to defend it with is "Oh well all the mods i use are ported" or something which is ok but that still doesn't change the fact that SSE is and will probably  still be ways behind skyrim in modding. SSE is limited. Simple. Original skyrim has its drawbacks and SSE has its drawbacks. Want more mods? Original skyrim. Want a simpler modding experience, SSE. Simple XD.

You came in the thread and made a false claim that 64bit does not help with the 'stack dump issue'.. when it obviously and clearly does, how can it not!

because 64 bits allow skyrim.exe to use more than 3.1 gb ram, and that's it

try to equip a tbbp armor with vanilla skeleton, you will crash

32 or 64 bit have nothing to do with that or the rest

You came in the thread and made a false claim that 64bit does not help with the 'stack dump issue'.. when it obviously and clearly does, how can it not!

try to equip a tbbp armor with vanilla skeleton, you will crash

32 or 64 bit have nothing to do with that or the rest

So you are admitting that you were wrong to make that claim?

Last point.. yes agreed both Skyrim and SSE will crash with a vanilla skeleton and TTBP armor.

what claim?

you still care about the 3.1 gb limit?

heard of something called enb that took care of that problem a few years ago?

I do not care about anything connected with oldrim period. What I care about is when ignorant false claims are made by posters who truly DO CARE about knocking SSE at every opportunity for reasons known only to themselves. WE GET IT!.. you hate SSE you will never install it or try it. Play oldrim.. knock yourself out.

what claim?

I do not care about anything connected with oldrim period. What I care about is when ignorant false claims are made by posters who truly DO CARE about knocking SSE at every opportunity for reasons known only to themselves. WE GET IT!.. you hate SSE you will never install it or try it. Play oldrim.. knock yourself out.

and that claim you were talking about, it's what?

you didn't bother reading what you were tauning?

i don't care you hate skyrim you will never reinstall it or retry it

trying to load my load order in crap kit, converting nif or whatever, too time consuming

looking for a sse version of hundred of mods, to have to remerge and repatch those mods, it's worse

and i don't need sse to have a stable skyrim

i'll wait for the tesedit convert plugin and skse, while you have it the hard way :D

what claim?

Oh the irony. 

Replace SSE with "oldrim" and voila, most of what ive been seeing on this thread. Like seriously, saying Original Skyrim is better in terms of modding does not mean people hate it ect ect ect random garbage about false claims ect ect ect, cant be bothered. XD

Bunch of sensitive people. Say 1 bad thing about it and bam, "You've never played it! Oh you hate it! You just talk crap about it anytime you can BUT WE GOT 64BITS BRUH 64!!!!!! <=====big number btw" for fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck sakes, chill out. 

Its not a very hard decision to decide which is better. Its just about what you want out of skyrim. Simple. Why do we need to argue so much jesus..

Want more mods? Skyrim.

Want some mods and a fancy mod menu in your game? SSE. There..god. Wasnt so hard was it? 

what claim?

Oh the irony. 

Replace SSE with "oldrim" and voila, most of what ive been seeing on this thread. Like seriously, saying Original Skyrim is better in terms of modding does not mean people hate it ect ect ect random garbage about false claims ect ect ect, cant be bothered. XD

Bunch of sensitive people. Say 1 bad thing about it and bam, "You've never played it! Oh you hate it! You just talk crap about it anytime you can BUT WE GOT 64BITS BRUH 64!!!!!! <=====big number btw" for fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck sakes, chill out. 

Its not a very hard decision to decide which is better. Its just about what you want out of skyrim. Simple. Why do we need to argue so much jesus..

Want more mods? Skyrim.

Want some mods and a fancy mod menu in your game? SSE. There..god. Wasnt so hard was it? 

Troll..

You continue to bait an argument that you began by making false statements and assessments, sorry not going to bite any further.

"Never argue with fools, they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

:lol: lol SSE is serious business. 

Are people are really bothered by the fact that there's nothing inherently special about SSE?

What bothers me, is when people who do not play SSE, are completely ignorant about the experience of playing SSE, are unaware of what mods are available, make false claims and statements as 'advice' to a genuine question. Like your worthless contribution to this thread, well done.

:lol: lol SSE is serious business. 

Are people are really bothered by the fact that there's nothing inherently special about SSE?

What bothers me, is when people who do not play SSE, are completely ignorant about the experience of playing SSE, are unaware of what mods are available, make false claims and statements as 'advice' to a genuine question. Like your worthless contribution to this thread, well done.

Oh?

You need to take a breather and chill out typing crazy to me will get you nowhere.

If you're this offended over a game then somethings very wrong.

Oh I see, try and push buttons to get more of a reaction.. sorry to disappoint you kid but I am not offended or have a need to 'chill out'. Trolls are generally dissatisfied in real life and therefore use internet forums as a way of hitting out at such an unfair life. I get it, I don't share that dissatisfaction, but I understand. If you were here I would give you a hug.

Oh I see, try and push buttons to get more of a reaction.. sorry to disappoint you kid but I am not offended or have a need to 'chill out'. Trolls are generally dissatisfied in real life and therefore use internet forums as a way of hitting out at such an unfair life. I get it, I don't share that dissatisfaction, but I understand. If you were here I would give you a hug.

Well I'll be damned

You totally got me.

.......But yeah you have problems that cleary have nothing to do with me.

This little moment we shared is over.

may the gods watch over your battles friend

Well I'll be damned

You totally got me.

Oh OK.. yes I truly must have problems, if it makes you feel better. Hopefully a mod will consider your contribution to this thread.

Well I'll be damned

You totally got me.

Oh OK.. yes I truly must have problems, if it makes you feel better. Hopefully a mod will consider your contribution to this thread.

You have contributed nothing other than just calling people trolls when they disagreed with you. Each post Ive done ive come up with a actual answer to the OP's question. Not only that but the way you talk about SSE is like its a whole different game. Its skyrim for god sakes, we've played SSE already without even having to own it (Which I do own it of course and have played it lol).

You have nothing to defend the game with, which is why you're going to great lengths now to just disagree for the sake of disagreeing and calling people trolls for disagreeing with you. This all is just silly and really needs to stop now, this thread is going nowhere now as people seem to be getting really offended for some reason, like you. Just chill. All anyone has been saying in comparison to normal skyrim (or oldrim i guess, god such a dumb name) to SSE is sse in terms of mods is lacking, no matter what. People can't seem to get that, which is ok, if you wanna defend it to your last breath go ahead, but there are definately gonna be people to tell you, you are in fact wrong and when that happens, instead of calling them trolls and telling people that they haven't played skyrim or SSE or any other weird silly excuse you or anyone else has been using to defend SSE, why don't you just agree to disagree so this thread doesn't turn into one huge argument thread.

I don't wanna argue anymore, its getting us nowhere. 

You have contributed nothing other than just calling people trolls when they disagreed with you. Each post Ive done ive come up with a actual answer to the OP's question. Not only that but the way you talk about SSE is like its a whole different game. Its skyrim for god sakes, we've played SSE already without even having to own it (Which I do own it of course and have played it lol).

You have nothing to defend the game with, which is why you're going to great lengths now to just disagree for the sake of disagreeing and calling people trolls for disagreeing with you. This all is just silly and really needs to stop now, this thread is going nowhere now as people seem to be getting really offended for some reason, like you. Just chill. All anyone has been saying in comparison to normal skyrim (or oldrim i guess, god such a dumb name) to SSE is sse in terms of mods is lacking, no matter what. People can't seem to get that, which is ok, if you wanna defend it to your last breath go ahead, but there are definately gonna be people to tell you, you are in fact wrong and when that happens, instead of calling them trolls and telling people that they haven't played skyrim or SSE or any other weird silly excuse you or anyone else has been using to defend SSE, why don't you just agree to disagree so this thread doesn't turn into one huge argument thread.

I don't wanna argue anymore, its getting us nowhere. 

It is not about 'defending' it is simply that you come onto a thread in an SSE portion of the forum and give ignorant and misleading replies to the OP. So far, between Yatol (who has a history of bad mouthing SSE despite never owning it or trying it) and your comments, the mis-information is doing a disrespect to this forum and the community who use it as a resource.

If you are going to criticize or make statements about what SSE offers, then just make those comments on the basis of fact. 

Let me make something clear to you, I loved Skyrim (oldrim) enough to have spent years developing and releasing mods for it, there is no aspect of the Creation Kit I have not explored in that time. I would say that my interests lie in giving correct information to the community in the same way that over 2 million combined downloads of my mods have done. I DO completely disagree with your opinion because it is blatantly wrong, that however doesn't make you a troll. What makes you a troll is when you have chosen to write deliberately to try to incite a response, ignoring every aspect of the dismissal of your original points. Let me re-post what you have written:

Oooooh boy...I can't really take this comment seriously. Like, so many red flags in my mind are going off from reading this. Like, is this sarcasm? The only thing i can give it credit for is being 64bit, other than that...it has nothing for us unless your on a console. Hell the enb's arent anywhere near the quality normal skyrim enb's can get. Something aint right here...

You're opinion is completely false. Not based on fact. Sorry. Calling something Superior and being so matter of fact about it when its clearly not true is just silly. Thats why I commented in that way. If you like it then by all means, fantastic. But you went the extra mile here. And why would I not comment on a special edition section? Never said I hated it. I play it on the console sometimes. Maybe, MAYBE, in a few years it might be superior, but as it is now. No. Just no lol.

If you want a fully open ended modding experience where you can let your creativity go, with many cool mods that aren't just to expand on the vanilla experience for skyrim then skyrim is for you. If you want a vanilla experience then just go with SSE.

Aaaaaand there it is. After the whole "ITS 64BIT THOUGH" excuse runs it course they go with "Your a troll!" seriously..Just..just no, just go please. Go. 

The above makes you a troll, you have disregarded any disagreement with your assessment, continued to post passive aggressive comments and continued to repeat the same false claims. And in your last comment.. careful what you wish for. 1000's of hours are poured into Skyrim modding and many sacrifices are made for the love of the game. You enjoy playing mods. Treat those same people that deliver those mods with the same attitude as you have here and I can tell you those modders will also move on.

Ok enough. Just enough. You're not getting it at all. Have anything else to say on the matter send it to private messages and stop filling up the thread with ur crap please. OP like i said before, want tons of mods without any constraints, get normal skyrim, want some mods and 64BITOMGURD and a fancy mod menu in your game get SSE. There done, over with. 

Archived