Wait for SSE or reinstall oldrim?.

jynxx

Ignore the vocal haters, personally I would never touch Oldrim again for nothing. SSE is in almost every way superior and is a genuine pleasure to play.

Oooooh boy...I can't really take this comment seriously. Like, so many red flags in my mind are going off from reading this. Like, is this sarcasm? The only thing i can give it credit for is being 64bit, other than that...it has nothing for us unless your on a console. Hell the enb's arent anywhere near the quality normal skyrim enb's can get. Something aint right here...

Ignore the vocal haters, personally I would never touch Oldrim again for nothing. SSE is in almost every way superior and is a genuine pleasure to play.

Oooooh boy...I can't really take this comment seriously. Like, so many red flags in my mind are going off from reading this. Like, is this sarcasm? The only thing i can give it credit for is being 64bit, other than that...it has nothing for us unless your on a console. Hell the enb's arent anywhere near the quality normal skyrim enb's can get. Something aint right here...

Well sorry to disappoint you, but my comment was for the OP and I am not in the least bit concerned about your approval of my opinion. I gave my opinion and I stand by it. Years of playing oldrim both as a player and a mod author and now SSE informs my opinion. If you want to talk about dis-ingenuity perhaps you could answer why you chose to comment in a Special Edition forum?

Well sorry to disappoint you, but my comment was for the OP and I am not in the least bit concerned about your approval of my opinion. I gave my opinion and I stand by it. Years of playing oldrim both as a player and a mod author and now SSE informs my opinion. If you want to talk about dis-ingenuity perhaps you could answer why you chose to comment in a Special Edition forum?

You're opinion is completely false. Not based on fact. Sorry. Calling something Superior and being so matter of fact about it when its clearly not true is just silly. Thats why I commented in that way. If you like it then by all means, fantastic. But you went the extra mile here. And why would I not comment on a special edition section? Never said I hated it. I play it on the console sometimes. Maybe, MAYBE, in a few years it might be superior, but as it is now. No. Just no lol.

You're opinion is completely false. Not based on fact. Sorry. Calling something Superior and being so matter of fact about it when its clearly not true is just silly. Thats why I commented in that way. If you like it then by all means, fantastic. But you went the extra mile here. And why would I not comment on a special edition section? Never said I hated it. I play it on the console sometimes. Maybe, MAYBE, in a few years it might be superior, but as it is now. No. Just no lol.

So first you call into question the sincerity of my opinion, and now you are stating that my opinion is bunk because it obviously doesn't mesh with your narrative.  FACT 64bit is superior to 32bit. FACT SSE is vastly more stable than even unmodded oldrim. That is a pretty good basis of fact don't you think? I repeat what I said " SSE is in almost every way superior and is a genuine pleasure to play" 

FACT 64bit is superior to 32bit. FACT SSE is vastly more stable than even unmodded oldrim.

not because you ctd a lot with skyrim everyone ctd a lot...

my last ctd with my inferior skyrim was a death trying a mod

had the same in enderal after i got stuck between rocks during a boss, instead of tcl, earlier save, result was a crash going back to the boss

it's better to ctd when the game spot a problem thank to ram leftovers, than getting back to the boss and wondering why nothing is happening, or why the civil war npc don't give the next quest, or why the draugr the quest want you to kill don't wake up...

and if you wonder what i am doing there, i am waiting for some darkxider to test and port stuff to sse for me, and i will judge myself when it will be worth the troubles of upgrading, if tes 8 isn't released before that happen

Thats what I have been saying.. I have probably the most flaky SSE installation out there based on the fact that a good portion of the scripted mods I use I tend to modify to suit what I want along with I run testing scenarios and install mods which my users use so I can test compatibility and so on.. and CTD's just don't happen. I also swop in different mods on a daily basis for different saves etc for testing. It continues to purr along even when scripts fall over due to an error. It's a far cry from the years of fighting with oldrim. It means I can worry about what my mod is doing rather than spending hours trying to find the source of a CTD only to find it occurs in someone elses mod.

There really is nothing I miss from a playing point of view from oldrim aside from SkyUI and HDT. The trade off for losing them in SSE is a vastly more enjoyable (and productive) experience.

Another kind of hidden blessing is quite a few lemons that make peoples mod lists are not available for SSE. They are lemons because they are horribly inefficient and poorly designed/written yet people blindly install them because other people have them on their mod lists. When SKSE is released no doubt they will get ported over to bring problems to a new audience, however until then I am enjoying a smooth experience.

As far as stability, my experience has been that you can still crash SE with a hard conflict but generally it's the type of crash that you can easily reproduce so it's easy to find the culprit.  In fact most of the time it's the type of thing that will crash your game every time if you reproduce the same condition that caused your initial crash.

The huge difference for me is there are no random unexplained crashes.  When I first install a new mod it might crash a few times if I put it in the wrong load order or forget a compatibility patch but then never again.  If I install a new mod and it crashes even once after I've finished tweaking my patches I remove it.  With oldrim no matter how well I resolve my conflicts, I know my game is going to crash every day, usually several times.  With SE I know I can play it for hundreds of hours at a time with never a crash.  Outside of initial mod testing, SE has literally never crashed on me after over 300 hours played.  That's with 276 mods installed (80GB) and 169 plugins (after merging about 40 of them).

I won't say 99% but pretty much everything in loverslab Adult and SexLab Framework section is not avaiable for for SSE. Unless you want to play rate M Skyrim. Oldrim still is the best way to go .Surely SSE is more superior in technical aspect but no SKSE, no HDT Physics, no Sexlab....make it much boring than Oldrim. Gameplay > Graphics > Engine. If you not planing on use any of those, yeah, I will say go for SSE.

I won't say 99% but pretty much everything in loverslab Adult and SexLab Framework section is not avaiable for for SSE. Unless you want to play rate M Skyrim. Oldrim still is the best way to go .Surely SSE is more superior in technical aspect but no SKSE, no HDT Physics, no Sexlab....make it much boring than Oldrim. Gameplay > Graphics > Engine. If you not planing on use any of those, yeah, I will say go for SSE.

Well we may yet see some new mods or alternatives for SSE.. on request I put together a simple BDSM based framework for FlowerGirls, at the moment it is just more of a first step. However, it opens it up for mod authors to introduce new animations/game-play content (BDSM related or otherwise). 

SSE wasn't that bad

it just need time to wait modder make some mod for SSE

a few came back for sse

tried it

and left

nobody will make those mods you are waiting for

Why are you so obsessed Yatol with SSE failing? I just don't get it.. 

As to nobody making those mods.. I think you will be surprised.

Seeing all these posts saying that most mods aren't available on SSE yet... and they are 99% incorrect. The vast majority of texture and mesh mods have been ported, most gameplay mods have been ported/updated, the only real drawback at this point is the lack of SKSE64 support. Those complaining about ENBs are imo retarded, as "vanilla" SSE has Oldrim-style ENB graphics, the only changes necessary are ReShades, unless you are rich and own very high-end GPUs to support extra graphics options like ENB die-hards and screenarchers like to use. 

So at this point, go with Oldrim if:

1. You cannot play without SKSE mods like MCM and SkyUI

2. You cannot play without LL sex mods. 

Considering the forum... You probably want to play with the sexy mods, in which case definitely stick with Oldrim. If you don't mind playing without sex mods, then SSE is hands-down the better option. Get it, don't look back...

Seeing all these posts saying that most mods aren't available on SSE yet... and they are 99% incorrect. The vast majority of texture and mesh mods have been ported, most gameplay mods have been ported/updated, the only real drawback at this point is the lack of SKSE64 support. Those complaining about ENBs are imo retarded, as "vanilla" SSE has Oldrim-style ENB graphics, the only changes necessary are ReShades, unless you are rich and own very high-end GPUs to support extra graphics options like ENB die-hards and screenarchers like to use. 

So at this point, go with Oldrim if:

1. You cannot play without SKSE mods like MCM and SkyUI

2. You cannot play without LL sex mods. 

Considering the forum... You probably want to play with the sexy mods, in which case definitely stick with Oldrim. If you don't mind playing without sex mods, then SSE is hands-down the better option. Get it, don't look back...

Most gameplay mods. Mhm. Sure. And SSE does not have normal enb graphics lol. Not even close. Go to the nexus and look at all the pics. And again you dont need a high end pc to get your game looking amazing and 10 times better than anything SSE can do. And there is way more mods out there that need SKSE than MCM and Skyui but since you seem to think most gameplay mods have been ported (which they havent and cant be) that probably speaks for its self. Skyrim (or oldrim i guess) with SKSE isn't just for sex mods lol. I mean seriously, "Oh well if you want sex mods go with oldrim but if not go with sse" which seems to be the answer a lot of people tend to have lately when asking about both games and which to get. There are way more things you would want "Oldrim" for. God..i hate that name now...

If you want a fully open ended modding experience where you can let your creativity go, with many cool mods that aren't just to expand on the vanilla experience for skyrim then skyrim is for you. If you want a vanilla experience then just go with SSE.

Most gameplay mods. Mhm. Sure. And SSE does not have normal enb graphics lol. Not even close. Go to the nexus and look at all the pics. And again you dont need a high end pc to get your game looking amazing and 10 times better than anything SSE can do. And there is way more mods out there that need SKSE than MCM and Skyui but since you seem to think most gameplay mods have been ported (which they havent and cant be) that probably speaks for its self. Skyrim (or oldrim i guess) with SKSE isn't just for sex mods lol. I mean seriously, "Oh well if you want sex mods go with oldrim but if not go with sse" which seems to be the answer a lot of people tend to have lately when asking about both games and which to get. There are way more things you would want "Oldrim" for. God..i hate that name now...

If you want a fully open ended modding experience where you can let your creativity go, with many cool mods that aren't just to expand on the vanilla experience for skyrim then skyrim is for you. If you want a vanilla experience then just go with SSE.

Ok, you do not play SSE at all do you.

That last paragraph is at best mis-informed.. you do realise that SSE is still Skyrim? With the same ability to mod/create/diversify. The chief difference is that SSE is much more stable and reliable. Also, SSE to me looks, feels and most importantly.. performs a whole lot better than my heavy ENB driven skyrim installation.

Vanilla experience? When most of the best quest based mods have been ported and work flawlessly in SSE? Sex is also available.. if that is what you are referring too. Most of the survival based mods also ported and work flawlessly.

Ok, you do not play SSE at all do you.

That last paragraph is at best mis-informed.. you do realise that SSE is still Skyrim? With the same ability to mod/create/diversify. The chief difference is that SSE is much more stable and reliable. Also, SSE to me looks, feels and most importantly.. performs a whole lot better than my heavy ENB driven skyrim installation.

Vanilla experience? When most of the best quest based mods have been ported and work flawlessly in SSE? Sex is also available.. if that is what you are referring too. Most of the survival based mods also ported and work flawlessly.

No its not misinformed. If you want tons of mods at your disposal that aren't limited due to SKSE and SSE being a bit late to the modding scene then yes, normal skyrim would be a better option. Normal skyrim has way more mods that can change skyrim into something completely different, where SSE can't do that at all due to again, no SKSE and the mods not being ported yet and most likely wont be. 

SSE modding wise would be more ideal for someone who wants to mod but keep it rather simple in terms of scripts and gameplay. Going with 2k/4k texture mods, floral mods and some armor, clothes and weapon mods. Again thats all find and dandy but with normal skyrim with SKSE you can do what ever the hell you want, with the fact that it just has more mods in general without SKSE. Skyrim is old, tons of modders have moved on. Skyrim has been modded to hell and now a few people seem to think when SKSE64 comes out its gonna overtake the normal skyrim and probably wont happen.

So again.

If you want to mod skyrim and change it drastically and have tons of mods at your disposal then get the normal skyrim. If you want to keep the modding to a minimum then go for SSE. This is not misinformed, just common sense.

No its not misinformed. If you want tons of mods at your disposal that aren't limited due to SKSE and SSE being a bit late to the modding scene then yes, normal skyrim would be a better option. Normal skyrim has way more mods that can change skyrim into something completely different, where SSE can't do that at all due to again, no SKSE and the mods not being ported yet and most likely wont be. 

SSE modding wise would be more ideal for someone who wants to mod but keep it rather simple in terms of scripts and gameplay. Going with 2k/4k texture mods, floral mods and some armor, clothes and weapon mods. Again thats all find and dandy but with normal skyrim with SKSE you can do what ever the hell you want, with the fact that it just has more mods in general without SKSE. Skyrim is old, tons of modders have moved on. Skyrim has been modded to hell and now a few people seem to think when SKSE64 comes out its gonna overtake the normal skyrim and probably wont happen.

So again.

If you want to mod skyrim and change it drastically and have tons of mods at your disposal then get the normal skyrim. If you want to keep the modding to a minimum then go for SSE. This is not misinformed, just common sense.

Sorry I just don't agree with your viewpoint. The current state of SSE without SKSE can already be changed drastically with the vast majority of the best mods working fine if not better in SSE than they did within the limitations of the 32bit Skyrim. There is a great deal of difference between quantity and quality.

The only single things I personally wish we had in SSE that we don't yet is SkyUI and HDT. Nothing else is missing from my mod list.

Skyrim modding it is true has had it's heyday.. of course.. it's an old game. Do I think SSE will bring that back? No.. What I do think though is those of us who have played or developed mods for the game for a very long time, likely will continue to do so and SSE is the best way forward for that. The play experience is incomparable.. and having had 100's of hours now on SSE there is no possible way I could go back to Skyrim.

The point of this entire thread was asking whether he should try SSE or re-install Skyrim. The odds are he has been there and done that with Skyrim.. he likely knows how unstable it is and what mods are available for it. It would make sense surely that he checks out SSE and come to his own conclusion. What I object to is the vocal minority who are determined to decry SSE at every given opportunity on the SSE part of the forum. How many SSE supporters are over on the Skyrim part of the forum telling everyone to move to SSE?

So far you have stated.. that SSE is only suitable for vanilla gameplay (that is patently false), it's lacking graphically (again false IMHO seeing as mine runs at higher settings and looks better at silky smooth 60fps, than I was ever able to get on Skyrim). You are painting a false image. 

Doesn't matter if there's more mods available on oldrim if the game becomes so unstable that it's unplayable.  My SE game is significantly more heavily modded than my oldrim game ever was and is perfectly stable.  By contrast, my less heavily modded oldrim game would work for awhile but would always eventually become totally unplayable.  So for me SE is already better than a fully modded oldrim even if SKSE64 never comes out. 

There are definitely still some oldrim mods I'd like to see ported over assuming SKSE64 does eventually come out, but I have replacements for most of them already without it.  In some cases those are ports with SKSE features stripped out.  In other cases it's a completely different mod that just has similar features.  Most oldrim mods already work in SE without needing a port in the first place.  So even if there were zero mods released specifically for SE, SE would still have most of the oldrim mods available.

you do realise 64 bits do nothing about stack dumps or conflicts

if you do the same mess you did with skyrim, your save won't last much longer

and if many are waiting for skse, that's because they don't have the same ability to mod/create/diversify without it

170516064125549534.jpg

Archived