Sexout FAQ - Read this to get started

This FAQ doesn't specifically say it, but is FOMM still required to use Sexout? The reason I ask is because FOMM seems to have stopped working with the latest FO:NV patches. I just bought and installed NV yesterday, and I can't get FOMM to work. It seems the Nexus is trying to shove that damned Manager on us. I'd avoid it entirely, but this FAQ and everyone else says that the Mod configuration menu is required, and that in turn requires FOMM/NMM.

On a side note, the latest (1.5) release of the MCM also seems to be broken.

FOMM works fine with fallout, latest patches. It doesn't work if you also use NMM, because NMM corrupts the .xml files that FOMM needs.

FOMM is not required to use sexout. FOMM is required for me to *support* sexout, meaning, if you don't use FOMM to install sexout, you're "on your own" when it comes to solving problems that might pop up. The first thing I need to verify is that everything is installed correctly.

I did some updates that are in line with the discussions going on and bunch of other things too.

- Added more explanation about FOMM/NMM/Wrye Flash.

- Changed the recommendation about clean saves so that they should be done if mod's author suggests it or if you're having weird trouble after updating.

- Changed the suggestion to keep your load order the same. Now it just says to check that your esm files are still in the correct load order.

- Made it clear that combining your ESP and ESM files is a really bad idea.

- Stated that it's ok to do a patch plugin / override patch.

- Changed the wording slightly about turning archive invalidation off and back on. Even though it might not do any good I decided to keep it in the FAQ because it's fast to do and causes no ill effects. And because I'm not yet ready accept giving up all my Oblivion voodoo magic.

- Added something about corrupted saves.

- Added information about WSEX / Sexual Innuendo.

- Added something about FNVEdit.

- Other small changes here and there to fix bad writing.

I think we still need something idiot proof about how to make your characters look pretty and be compatible with Sexout. This includes:

- Female nude body

- Male nude body

- Bouncing breasts (what else is required other than Astymma's combined skeleton?)

- Clothes replacer(s)

- Skin

- Hair

What do you guys think we should recommend to an average person? All the recommendations are going to need to be simple both to get and to install. They should also be suitable for your average Jane and John, meaning no boobs that are bigger than your head, tentacle cocks or other stuff that is more meant to a niche crowd.

I was having a discussion on what the sexout bodysuits should include to get them back up to speed, in a similar vein. Right now they basically don't work; the male one is included but has no texture, and no female one is included. If there is a female mesh I can include with the datapack, and textures for both, would that be enough do you think? I can't include the skeleton at present, unfortunately.

If we want a simple to install set of bodies..

- The male has to be Breezes. Roberts looks better, but all the anims are currently aligned to Breezes. This is a fomod, install is easy, and sexout will detect the bodysuits it creates if the ESP is loaded.

- For the female, I would suggest the T6M BnB as a good starting point. Mesh only. I *think* I can include this in sexout as well, as the T6M it's based on allows redistribution. This is the body I use most often myself, with the BOG textures.

- Female textures, pick your poison. I prefer BOG but the installation of just the textures is not newbie friendly.

- Clothes.. Aren't really as important I don't think? Lots to choose from though, most install easily. I'd start with the simple T3 BNB set that just makes vanilla armors bounce. If people want to sexify/sluttify their clothes, or get weird lore breaking clothes, there are a lot of options.

- Hair.. no suggestion. I use Mikoto but it adds so many absurd anime hairstyles that it's kinda hard to recommend to someone new to the game. Installation is easy as pie though.

- Breasts. Nothing is *required* except the skeleton. If they want the breasts to bounce during sex scenes that have animated breasts, they need a mesh too, otherwise they just don't bounce. If they want them to bounce while walking/running/etc, they need to install bouncing animation files like those from BnB.

What I left out is what we need to avoid.. this has to be evaluated on a case by case basis, but to be truly newbie friendly and "idiot proof" we have to skip (for females), any body that:

- Comes with a skeleton. This excludes BnB itself.

- Has its own mesh, unless it's an easy as pie install, in which case scratch the T6M link.

- Is not BnB, or else installing the animations will be pointless.

- Is in any way a custom race. Obviouisly this excludes BBR.

- Is complicated to install. Even if it's an 'easy' fomod, if it has 900 options you have to pick during install, it may be too much for a new user.

What I left out is what we need to avoid.. this has to be evaluated on a case by case basis' date=' but to be truly newbie friendly and "idiot proof" we have to skip (for females), any body that:

- Comes with a skeleton. This excludes BnB itself.

- Has its own mesh, unless it's an easy as pie install, in which case scratch the T6M link.

- Is not BnB, or else installing the animations will be pointless.

- Is in any way a custom race. Obviouisly this excludes BBR.

- Is complicated to install. Even if it's an 'easy' fomod, if it has 900 options you have to pick during install, it may be too much for a new user.[/quote']

I've added an option in MCM to select the BodyType but it's only a flag that tells us what the player has set the types too, maily so I can choose which pregnant outfits/nude bodies to equip currently it's just Type3 and some 3M & BnB. I can't do the nude body because they just overwrite the Vanilla of course. If they were each in different folders we could do more and have different bodies for different companions, but teaching a newb how to install new folders would be a nightmare I guess. We also need to consider future possibilities like the Breast resizing skeleton I guess too.

Hal, the more options the better of course, I was just trying to come up with a list of "don't recommend these" bodies for the FAQ / newbie players -- people can use any body they want, but if they're brand new to installing mods and stuff and want a recommendation on a body, they should be given one that looks "good enough" and is easy to install -- which will not be the best looking one, which is a matter of opinion anyway.. ;)

Breeze doesn't seem to get along with NMM currently. Author posted this comment though on 10th of July:

"Not yet (FOMM install script error as I mentioned before). I am working at it right at the moment. The release will come soon. I will take down all the old versions and files, change the description as soon as the new ones are out to avoid any confusion."

... we have to skip (for females)' date=' any body that:

[/quote']

I think I might be misreading this? But I would imagine that all bodies have their own meshes?

I think the implication is T6M has a mesh' date=' but is not "an easy as pie install".

[/quote']

Oh... maybe?

(But if that is the issue, and if T6M allows repackaging, maybe someone could repackage for easy install and maybe even work with the author if there are any special issues that I am overlooking... or something?)

Regarding female bodies: Type N, by Nessa right here in our own forums, comes with a skeleton, kf files, body mesh and textures. It is as simple as an install gets, everything is included, and you can quite easily ask the author for permission since it's one of our own members.

It seems to be constantly overlooked, but it's a great body and I'm a fan of using LL mods over Nexus mods any time I can do it.

No I meant you can install T6M + any T3 body textures you want (which is easy), but if you were to suggest some other body+mesh package (like say BOG), you'd want to take the T6M off the list (obviously). Sorry if that wasn't clear.

The TypeN body is ok, the skeleton is the problem (for a 'newbie'). That skeleton is 'no good' for sexout, meaning we'd need more (ignored, fucked up, etc) install instructions for the body.

I get a crash when launching, I think it's to do with the load order based on what you've said. However, despite being in the fallout folder, the sexoutcommonresources.esm isn't showing up in the nexus mod manager or the data files thing (from the launcher) so I can't change it's load order.

what should I do?

The TypeN body is ok' date=' the skeleton is the problem (for a 'newbie'). That skeleton is 'no good' for sexout, meaning we'd need more (ignored, fucked up, etc) install instructions for the body.

[/quote']

Are you sure about that? I was thinking the included skeleton is Sexout compatible. I'm almost certain I've used it before without any problems.

edit: It uses the same skeleton as BnB, just checked. Or is that what you meant by "no good", that it uses a skeleton not "free" for distribution?

The TypeN body is ok' date=' the skeleton is the problem (for a 'newbie'). That skeleton is 'no good' for sexout, meaning we'd need more (ignored, fucked up, etc) install instructions for the body.

[/quote']

Are you sure about that? I was thinking the included skeleton is Sexout compatible. I'm almost certain I've used it before without any problems.

Yeah, I'm sure.

It's BNB compatible. It's not FAFF or BX compatible. FAFF is included in sexout now, though not yet used. Some of the anims may be using BX, I don't remember.

Astymma's is the only one compatible with all three, and it's not allowed to be included in any mods due to restrictions on BNB.

Oh, I'd forgotten you added the FAFF stuff. As an aside, that's not actually in use yet, right?

(As another aside, I really wish we had a more "realistic" body option like Robert's Female for Oblivion. That was always my favorite.)

At risk of being "that guy", someone at LL ought to make their own bouncy skeleton/anims so we could get away from the proprietary BnB crap.

FAFF isn't in use by sexout, but any FAFF animations can be used, as they are all included, and the anim group is setup. Some of the last anims from donkey might have been using BX bones as well, I'm not really sure on that.

As for your request, we don't actually need animations, and that would be a huge pain in the neck. All we actually need is a skeleton, and "THE Skeleton" in the non-adult downloads is a good (and 'free') place to start. Actually astymma's skeleton is a fine place to start, all you actually have to do is delete the BnB bones (I think there are only two? Maybe four?) and then recreate them. I believe if they have the same names, then it would just work, and we'd be free of the BnB restriction. The FAFF and BX skeletons don't have the restrictions that BnB does.