Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Man, i'm not even hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 as much as i'm hyped for this mod. I simply can't wait... And, its also a bit sad knowing this will be the end (probably there will be some minor upgrades too after this, but still). And i hope Dogma continues to creating another stories for Skyrim, he is simply the best so far. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Seyhtan31 said:

Man, i'm not even hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 as much as i'm hyped for this mod. I simply can't wait... And, its also a bit sad knowing this will be the end (probably there will be some minor upgrades too after this, but still). And i hope Dogma continues to creating another stories for Skyrim, he is simply the best so far. 

tbh, I can see us waiting the whole 2021 for more content, after this update. Because there will be the new pregnancy sidequest, the patreon version, the stuff Dogma wants to revisit from early parts of the mod.. he always ends up adding more stuff than he planned, so I wouldn't be surprised if Thief is still being update later on 2021. 

Link to post
51 minutes ago, Doobydoob said:

Hello! just checking in on if the (English) release is still set to be at the end of the month? I know its a rough process, just making sure nothing has changed!

Based on the small tidbits of his patreon that I can access via mobile, he is not meeting any major bugs that could halt the progress. I'd wager on a Nocember 30th/December 1st release for the patreon beta and then January for the public release with brew's translation.

Link to post

Hi, does this mod work with skyrim SE?

after installing, the game wont start when I turn on Dogma-Thief.esp.

i tried to turn off all the plugins except for Dogma-Thief.esp, still doesn't work.

When i turn on all the plugin except for Dogma-thief.esp, it works.

 

also after installing and generate FNIS, all characters in the game start to slide around with no animation. (when i turn off the plugin to try)

had to remove the mods and regenerate FNIS to fix it.

 

anybody encountered these issues?

Link to post
4 hours ago, riddos said:

Hi, does this mod work with skyrim SE?

after installing, the game wont start when I turn on Dogma-Thief.esp.

i tried to turn off all the plugins except for Dogma-Thief.esp, still doesn't work.

When i turn on all the plugin except for Dogma-thief.esp, it works.

 

also after installing and generate FNIS, all characters in the game start to slide around with no animation. (when i turn off the plugin to try)

had to remove the mods and regenerate FNIS to fix it.

 

anybody encountered these issues?

It works, but you have to convert it. 

 

Here is a converted version:

 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/27y2ljjoo4p7e1z/Thief_SSE.rar

Link to post

Some important stuff you waiting for the next update should know:

 

1. Dogma won't have the time to test the mod from the beginning, so he is focusing the mod to be playable from Skunkway's entrance to the ending. There won't be a skip function for this part yet, this will probably come later, with a future patch. The reason why earlier parts of the mods might become bugged is because he had to rewrite some functions. This already happened in the previous update, which probably was the cause of some bugs mentioned from earlier parts here, that were pretty stable in other versions.

 

2. The release date is still the same, he is planning on release the beta by the end of the month on patreon. But since there are many stuff to do, and he has a compromise of no more delays, the release is expected to have many bugs. So, he suggests people that don't want to have their 'experience ruined' to wait until more bugs are sorted out and fixed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
On 11/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, Doobydoob said:

Hello! just checking in on if the (English) release is still set to be at the end of the month? I know its a rough process, just making sure nothing has changed!

Dogma will include a machine-translated English esp in the beta.  Depending on how long the beta lasts and how many lines there are, I may be able to produce a ~90% translation by the time Dogma pushes the release version.

 

20 hours ago, riddos said:

Hi, does this mod work with skyrim SE?

after installing, the game wont start when I turn on Dogma-Thief.esp.

i tried to turn off all the plugins except for Dogma-Thief.esp, still doesn't work.

When i turn on all the plugin except for Dogma-thief.esp, it works.

 

also after installing and generate FNIS, all characters in the game start to slide around with no animation. (when i turn off the plugin to try)

had to remove the mods and regenerate FNIS to fix it.

 

anybody encountered these issues?

You don't need to do any conversion of the .esp, you just need to use a tool to update all of the meshes and animations to the SSE format.  I recommend the Cathedral Asset Optimizer for that.  Just unpack everything into a directory somewhere, including any of the patches that you want, run Cathedral against the directory, and load the updated files in your mod manager.

Link to post

Id like to know if beta testers are going to share the new content as soon as Dogma shares it or if they have to wait some days. I mean, I can wait a bit more to play it, but im so eager to know whats new :3

Link to post
1 hour ago, chope said:

Id like to know if beta testers are going to share the new content as soon as Dogma shares it or if they have to wait some days. I mean, I can wait a bit more to play it, but im so eager to know whats new :3

Dogma will release it publicly as soon as the bugs are fixed and the mod is stable.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Highborn said:

Dogma will release it publicly as soon as the bugs are fixed and the mod is stable.

I think the question is whether we'll post info about the new content.

3 hours ago, chope said:

Id like to know if beta testers are going to share the new content as soon as Dogma shares it or if they have to wait some days. I mean, I can wait a bit more to play it, but im so eager to know whats new :3

If you want to ask for a summary of the story/content when the time comes, I'm sure that someone can post a spoiler for you.

Link to post
10 hours ago, Highborn said:

Dogma will release it publicly as soon as the bugs are fixed and the mod is stable.

Sorry, I am now confused. Is it publicly being released at the end of the month? or at the start of 2021 in January? I am making things more complicated then they need to be haha.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Doobydoob said:

Sorry, I am now confused. Is it publicly being released at the end of the month? or at the start of 2021 in January? I am making things more complicated then they need to be haha.

The beta version will be released on patreon by the end of the month. The public version as soon as the bugs we found are fixed and the version is stable. So, the public version doesn't have a date. If things go smoothly, it can be released a few days or even in the same day as the beta (but unlikely). If there are many things to fix, it can take weeks. January is just a guess from that user, it probably won't take that much.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Doobydoob said:

Sorry, I am now confused. Is it publicly being released at the end of the month? or at the start of 2021 in January? I am making things more complicated then they need to be haha.

January was my estimated guess for the release of brewmaster's translated version of the patch. The actual patch will be available much earlier.

Link to post
41 minutes ago, kakaer said:

January was my estimated guess for the release of brewmaster's translated version of the patch. The actual patch will be available much earlier.

We'll see what it looks like when the beta actually arrives.  I expect that your estimate will be sadly correct, though...

Link to post

Quick question: I remember when I first  played this mod, that there were a lot of conflicts, aft with horse race, trees mod with hot springs scene, jk skyrim with cities scripts... but now that we are in the skunkway it's should be safe to play with any mods in our load order right? (aside from approach, dialogue mods I guess)

Link to post
53 minutes ago, Shane498 said:

Quick question: I remember when I first  played this mod, that there were a lot of conflicts, aft with horse race, trees mod with hot springs scene, jk skyrim with cities scripts... but now that we are in the skunkway it's should be safe to play with any mods in our load order right? (aside from approach, dialogue mods I guess)

You can get away with a lot more in the custom areas, yes.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Flyingcow25 said:

"The next updates will be incompatible with the saves of the previous version of the mod"  

Is that still true? If so does anyone know when this mod will be fully complete?

It's recommended to always use a new save to be sure. But, theoretically, it could work if you manage to make a clean save, with no trace of Thief scripts running. I believe some people said before that they got it working succesfully with a clean save. It's up to you to try.

 

The next update, that will be possibly be available publicly by the end of November/early December should finish the main quest. But if you still want to play the additional content and new sidequest planned, no one knows when it will be fully completed.

Link to post
8 hours ago, Flyingcow25 said:

"The next updates will be incompatible with the saves of the previous version of the mod"  

Is that still true? If so does anyone know when will this mod be fully complete?

I can say with absolute certainty that old saves will not function with the new version.  Running scripts are stored in full within a save, and since Dogma has made major changes to all of Part 9 and many of the utility functions that control every scene in the mod, those old scripts will all be corrupt.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Flyingcow25 said:

"The next updates will be incompatible with the saves of the previous version of the mod"  

Is that still true? If so does anyone know when will this mod be fully complete?

Just follow the walkthrough, and find all the scene. Then with the new version you just use the skip function  👍

Link to post
1 hour ago, Shane498 said:

Just follow the walkthrough, and find all the scene. Then with the new version you just use the skip function  👍

Not for a while. Next update will have to be played by hand due to bugs and issues.

Link to post
17 hours ago, Highborn said:

It's recommended to always use a new save to be sure. But, theoretically, it could work if you manage to make a clean save, with no trace of Thief scripts running. I believe some people said before that they got it working succesfully with a clean save. It's up to you to try.

 

The next update, that will be possibly be available publicly by the end of November/early December should finish the main quest. But if you still want to play the additional content and new sidequest planned, no one knows when it will be fully completed.

I think we can safely assume that Dogma still has grand plans for this mod even after he finishes the main story. I think he already said he's planning to extend several locations such as the spring boy with content equal to the Solitude update.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...