Small guide for creating animations for TS4 + tips and tricks.

Guest Redabyss

On 11/17/2018 at 6:43 PM, Dark0s said:

Yes I figured out a few day ago. The rig itself is fully functionally. I just deleted all the exploded handlers xD But thanks for helping :)

Awesome, glad you figured it out, I got your animations too, great work on those I look forwards to your new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i was wondering where could i get more female rigs,(could you maybe give some links ?, right now i am using the one on the WW blog) and is there one that uses Better Body mesh... 

Also what sound codes do u use for your animation, are there any good moans out there ☺️?

8 hours ago, sstormyy said:

Hi guys, i was wondering where could i get more female rigs,(could you maybe give some links ?, right now i am using the one on the WW blog) and is there one that uses Better Body mesh... 

Also what sound codes do u use for your animation, are there any good moans out there ☺️?

You could export the better body mesh's (or any other) from S4S, you will need to put a copy of the BB mod in the mods folder in the S4S folders, the mesh will be already part of a WW female rig when you export it.

As for sounds I have no idea, not used them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have a question: How can I copy and paste bone rotations to achieve symmetry? For example, I want to replicate the left arm position on the right one.

I've been watching Blender tutorials and reading forums but I can't do it by myself, I'm using version 2.70.

Thanks in advance.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:05 PM, gpt1128 said:

Hi everyone, I have a question: How can I copy and paste bone rotations to achieve symmetry? For example, I want to replicate the left arm position on the right one.

I've been watching Blender tutorials and reading forums but I can't do it by myself, I'm using version 2.70.

Thanks in advance.

Select the bone you want to copy the rotation data TO (the receiving bone, not the one with the correct rotation already), then after that, select the bone you want to copy the rotation data OF (the one with the correct rotation), hover over its Rotation section in the Transform panel (if you don't see the panel, press "N" to toggle it), right click, and select "Copy To Selected" in the menu that pops up. :)

8 hours ago, Alonely said:

Select the bone you want to copy the rotation data TO (the receiving bone, not the one with the correct rotation already), then after that, select the bone you want to copy the rotation data OF (the one with the correct rotation), hover over its Rotation section in the Transform panel (if you don't see the panel, press "N" to toggle it), right click, and select "Copy To Selected" in the menu that pops up. :)

Thanks a lot!! I couldn't figure it out, I had to select both of them using shift + right click.

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, Simite said:

Updated 19/07/2018 - Final update with all 3 in one file with the best settings I've been able to apply with some key-framed gravity to prevent the initial drop when the physics begins along with some other minor tweaks. Much like you will need to extend the physics cache if your animation goes over 250 frames, you will need to extend the gravity frames for each physics object, at the moment it builds from 0 gravity to 1 gravity in the first 15 frames and back to 0 in the last 15 frames, over 100 frames, you can just move the last 2 key-frames in the gravity to the end of you animation if it is longer then 100 frames. (Remember gravity is sepirate for each object with physics, so 1 for each breast per actor and 1 for testicles per actor.)

rig_fem.blend 1.61 MB · 82 downloads

Female_Dagger's_Rig(boobphys).blend 4.35 MB · 102 downloads

BigFutaRigBoob+TesticlePhysV2.0.blend 6.8 MB · 34 downloads

rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1.blend 4.84 MB · 93 downloads

All3_MasterRigs_Final.blend 17.91 MB · 57 downloads

So far the rigs seem nice, once I figure out how to fully utilize them. On that note, maybe I'm missing something: I enabled Rigify, but I'm not entirely certain what it does by enabling it.

Also, when I move off of the 0th frame, the layer shown keeps changing, making me have to reselect the correct layer each time I change frame. Does anyone know why this happens?

And what is the point of the gravity increasing then decreasing again in those frames, even when the pose the Sim is in doesn't warrant the gravity awkwardly changing like that?

On 3/4/2019 at 12:44 PM, Alonely said:

So far the rigs seem nice, once I figure out how to fully utilize them. On that note, maybe I'm missing something: I enabled Rigify, but I'm not entirely certain what it does by enabling it.

Also, when I move off of the 0th frame, the layer shown keeps changing, making me have to reselect the correct layer each time I change frame. Does anyone know why this happens?

And what is the point of the gravity increasing then decreasing again in those frames, even when the pose the Sim is in doesn't warrant the gravity awkwardly changing like that?

Rigify is used for making rigs. There's no need for you to enable it, if you're not building a rig.

Also, check to see if the layers have a keyframe on them (If they are colored yellow instead of grey).

1 hour ago, Zheur said:

Rigify is used for making rigs. There's no need for you to enable it, if you're not building a rig.

Also, check to see if the layers have a keyframe on them (If they are colored yellow instead of grey).

Awesome, that's indeed what it was! Thanks a lot. :D

On 3/6/2019 at 12:18 AM, Alonely said:

Awesome, that's indeed what it was! Thanks a lot. :D

Right what Zheur said is accurate, when I worked on these rigs I was under the impression rigify needed to be enabled for the rig to function correctly but really it's only the python scripts that need to be enabled in the settings in blender.

Also about the Gravity, you can change that to however you want, it's mearly a sugestion on how to prevent the physics suddenly kicking in on frame 0 making for quite a jolted start before it settled, with the gravity the way I suggest it makes the physics slowly build so it's less of a jolted start. (you can remove the gravity keyframes and see if you prefer with gravity always at 1 or you can change the values/keyframes to better match your pose/animation.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, Simite said:

Also about the Gravity, you can change that to however you want, it's mearly a sugestion on how to prevent the physics suddenly kicking in on frame 0 making for quite a jolted start before it settled, with the gravity the way I suggest it makes the physics slowly build so it's less of a jolted start. (you can remove the gravity keyframes and see if you prefer with gravity always at 1 or you can change the values/keyframes to better match your pose/animation.)

How can I do that? :D I'm unfamiliar with where to go to set it to 1. When I remove what seems to be the "gravity keyframe" as you say, the physics continue unimpeded like they were before.

On 3/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, Alonely said:

How can I do that? :D I'm unfamiliar with where to go to set it to 1. When I remove what seems to be the "gravity keyframe" as you say, the physics continue unimpeded like they were before.

The animation cache for the physics may also need to recalculate after you change something like the gravity so you will want to start the animation from the start and let it play all the way through till the end and then try checking to see if things changed, good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys !

I'm new to this forum, I discovered Wicked Whims only a few weeks ago !

I created animations and poses for Second Life in my "young years" so I'm not exactly new to creating but I was using Qavimator and didn't have any proper rigged stuff so I'm learning ! I use the MasterRig and I played with it for a bit so I understand how it works but I'm having an issue with the Breast gravity. I don't know why, at some point, when I want to put the girl on her knees starting from a standing animation, the tits stay up and stretch badly.

I figured out that selecting the 0 keyframe then the frame I want on the timeline corrects the problem but is it normal or did I "appen" it the wrong way ? My animation is more than 250 frames so I moved the end of the Breats and Testicles Physics to the end of my animation as suggested but maybe I did that wrong too.
Any advice ?

Thank you !

And thank you for your awesome work in here :)

On 4/24/2019 at 1:50 AM, Nhayaa said:

Hi guys !

I'm new to this forum, I discovered Wicked Whims only a few weeks ago !

I created animations and poses for Second Life in my "young years" so I'm not exactly new to creating but I was using Qavimator and didn't have any proper rigged stuff so I'm learning ! I use the MasterRig and I played with it for a bit so I understand how it works but I'm having an issue with the Breast gravity. I don't know why, at some point, when I want to put the girl on her knees starting from a standing animation, the tits stay up and stretch badly.

I figured out that selecting the 0 keyframe then the frame I want on the timeline corrects the problem but is it normal or did I "appen" it the wrong way ? My animation is more than 250 frames so I moved the end of the Breats and Testicles Physics to the end of my animation as suggested but maybe I did that wrong too.
Any advice ?

Thank you !

And thank you for your awesome work in here :)

I suggest asking again in this thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/72023-the-general-wip-thread-for-animators/

Hi there.

I made an animation using the last rig from Simite but it seems I am not saving the final version of my blender correctly as it doesn't import the animation properly back into sims4studio.

How am I supposed to do it?

I tried to loc rot on every key element of my animation on the normal male or female rig as well but the result was not ok. At least all was seen though as opposed to when I just save with the control rig :s

Edit: well never mind.. I am just stupid. There was so much color difference in Simite's post that my brain ignored the green ones which were the one I needed..

Hey y'all! So I read the list of available animation locations here, but I've also seen some animations that use the chess table and the piano/keyboard, for instance. Does anyone know the location codes for these places? Are they simple CHESS_TABLE and PIANO?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, Alonely said:

Hey y'all! So I read the list of available animation locations here, but I've also seen some animations that use the chess table and the piano/keyboard, for instance. Does anyone know the location codes for these places? Are they simple CHESS_TABLE and PIANO?

Hi!
Some objects dont have a general name like that. Instead we have to use their wwid code.
You can find it by using the cheat " ww.enabledebug" and then click on the object you want to see the object id of.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, zelrish said:

Hi there.

I made an animation using the last rig from Simite but it seems I am not saving the final version of my blender correctly as it doesn't import the animation properly back into sims4studio.

How am I supposed to do it?

I tried to loc rot on every key element of my animation on the normal male or female rig as well but the result was not ok. At least all was seen though as opposed to when I just save with the control rig :s

Edit: well never mind.. I am just stupid. There was so much color difference in Simite's post that my brain ignored the green ones which were the one I needed..

Yeah sorry I added the different text colors cause I'm often confused by a massive wall of white text and having it color coded helps me focus on the part I need. I think it might be the same for other people too, hopefully it wasn't too much trouble for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm just starting to dive in the animation world for Sims (I have experience with Blender and general animation) and I'm having a bit of trouble finding some tutorials on how to adapt my animations for TS4, would anyone please direct me to some? Also, from what I've read in this thread some animators use the same rig that someone created ? Is this rig availabe for download somewhere?

Thank you in advance for anyone that answers. :) 

19 hours ago, Epochtam said:

Hi all, I'm just starting to dive in the animation world for Sims (I have experience with Blender and general animation) and I'm having a bit of trouble finding some tutorials on how to adapt my animations for TS4, would anyone please direct me to some? Also, from what I've read in this thread some animators use the same rig that someone created ? Is this rig availabe for download somewhere?

Thank you in advance for anyone that answers. :) 

Hi!
Hope this helps.
https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/145448014836/tutorials

It is tutorials made by TURBO and you can download a rig for sims there.
The tutorials are a great starting point for creating animations for TS4. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Blender 2.8 (mostly for the BSMax addon) and I've created a short animation - Problem is that Sims 4 Studio only uses Blender 2.7

Does anyone know if there's a way I can export the animation to 2.7 or would I need to start over?