[mod] Dark World - Beyond Heresy

Aliris

No, it was an erroneous upload. For some reason though I can't delete it (every time I try, it's still there after I hit save) - I have a post in the tech support section for it.

0.9a is the most current version.

Okay, posted version 1.0, with more Holy Fury custom goodness.

Now pagans can get in on the fun of worshipping Lilith, by choosing to reform their religion in their image. This will give a number of pro-female aspects, and as such can only be combined with matriarchal (Enatic Clans reform choice) or egalitarian. Doing so will unlock a decision to make Lilith a goddess of that reformed pagan religion.

I also fixed a few minor bugs, including one that allowed the Dream event to pop up for Reversionist and Khadimist even after the religion had been unlocked.

Lilithanism.jpg.03f95eddc095828fc153434c

Note that while I like using other mods to enable you to use 3 doctrines as pictured above (or 4, but that seems a bit too many to me), the Lilithanism Nature will work just fine regardless, so long as you pick either Enatic Clans or Egalitarian as one of your doctrines (and don't take Agnatic or Polygamy).

2 hours ago, Hoerks said:

I noticed a small issue with the Lilithanism Nature for Pagans:

The Bön Religion has a special Doctrine "Harmonius", which enforces gender equaltity (i think) but does not enable the Lilithanism Nature on reforming,

Good catch, I'll make it so that doctrine counts as well.

Oh, also - if you have an older version of Beyond Heresy, you'll probably want to delete the files and do a clean reinstall. There were a few files I removed from it, including one that was an override of a standard game file. Having that in will conflict with other mods, not to mention overwrite some of the changes from the latest patch.

Hello there and thank for your mod, i really like it!

I'm writing because i want to give you a couple of feedbacks. 

First and foremost, with the Hotfix 1.0.1 as soon as you start the Hellenic reformation (i'm mentioning it just because it's the only reformation i've played so far), when you go to pick your features and the Lilithian IMAGE (yep, just that) pop on your screen after scrolling the first slot for selecting it, it CTD; i've tried many times, it happens only with the Hotfix. Maybe something wrong in recalling the img asset or anything related? 

Second, the reformation itself. 

This is what happen BEFORE the reformation 

https://ibb.co/duRjqV

Everything is fine, right? It is, let's move on. 

This is what happen AFTER the reformation AND the "Make Lilith our Goddess" decision, it perfectly change the "high god" and add Lilith to the gods list 

https://ibb.co/hoTKPq

Again, everything looks fine. BUT, as soon as you save your game (even after years, or  instant, it doesn't change), this is what happen: 

https://ibb.co/n8YxAV

I think it's a savegme issue, the game mess up the reference in the process but i was unable to figure out why and how; maybe it can help you! 

Otherwise than the messed up tooltip, the mechanics are working just fine. 

3 hours ago, xereon said:

Again, everything looks fine. BUT, as soon as you save your game (even after years, or  instant, it doesn't change), this is what happen: 

https://ibb.co/n8YxAV

I think it's a savegme issue, the game mess up the reference in the process but i was unable to figure out why and how; maybe it can help you! 

Otherwise than the messed up tooltip, the mechanics are working just fine. 

Hrm, that's weird. I'm not sure why it does that, since it's not anything that I was doing. It looks like the localization somehow broke on those deity name references for some reason, but I can't imagine why that should happen - since you said it only happens on saves, maybe CK2 is somehow not saving deity names correctly?

I wonder if it affects other pagans, too. I'll have to check.

Maybe a fix would be to only make Lilith the high god name?

30 minutes ago, Aliris said:

Hrm, that's weird. I'm not sure why it does that, since it's not anything that I was doing. It looks like the localization somehow broke on those deity name references for some reason, but I can't imagine why that should happen - since you said it only happens on saves, maybe CK2 is somehow not saving deity names correctly?

I wonder if it affects other pagans, too. I'll have to check.

Maybe a fix would be to only make Lilith the high god name?

Yes, i've disabled the line:

add_god_name = GOD_LILITH

in the DWBH Decisions.txt file and now it's not messing up the tooltip, just changing the High God name in "The Mother Goddess"

this  is the modified txt:

Spoiler

decisions = {
    introduce_pagan_lilith = {

is_high_prio = yes

potential = {
            has_religion_feature = religion_lilithian
            NOT = { has_global_flag = lilith_is_goddess }
            OR = {
                has_lilith_start = yes    
                trait = lilith
                trait = incubus
                 }
        }
        allow = {
            piety = 1000        
            }
        effect = {
#        add_god_name = GOD_LILITH
        set_high_god_name = GOD_THE_MOTHER_GODDESS
        set_global_flag = lilith_is_goddess
            character_event = { id = DWBH.400 }
        }

}

Warning - it seems that added the Bon custom reformation tradition to the list of Lilithanist prerequistes causes a crash bug. I'll look into this some more, but for the moment I recomment that anyone that downloaded the 1.01 hotfix revert back to 1.0.

11 hours ago, Aliris said:

Warning - it seems that added the Bon custom reformation tradition to the list of Lilithanist prerequistes causes a crash bug. I'll look into this some more, but for the moment I recomment that anyone that downloaded the 1.01 hotfix revert back to 1.0.

Update - corrected version of the hotfix is posted as 1.0.1a.

Out of curiosity, did you get the background info of base Lilithanism from somewhere, or was the idea of the two archangel traitors your own?

I happen to find heresies fascinating, and I'm unfamiliar with any with a similar claim.

Oh, side note, if you join the Lilithanist society before firing the Cathedral Dream and converting to Lilithanism, then all of the flavor text from your society missions will be anti-Lilithanist, for example, making sacrifices to Gabriel, etc. Probably because "evil" societies assume it's against your open religion and pull from that religion's "Evil Gods" list. Of course, that might be hard coded or something, I don't know how one would go about fixing that.

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but if I remember right, becoming a suc/incubus through the cathedral dream also converts your open religion automatically. Perhaps just have it check if you're openly Lilithanist, and, if you're not, implement the "convert in secret" decision's effects?

It's mostly something I made up (as are the other two) based on a sort of 'history is written by the winners' principle. Therefore, if the standard religious doctrine was a winner's history, what would the loser's history from the point of view of someone like Lilith look like?

That's a good point regarding the Lilith Society, which was done by a different mod/author. I'll see if I can't talk with the person who took over updating it and get some of those rewritten. It would be in the localisation files for each event, and it's a simple matter of replacing the reference with a specific "Lilith" or rather than the GOD_NAME/EVIL_GOD_NAME reference.

Conversion in secret is something I'd meant to do at some point, but have been sidetracked by other projects and ideas. I won't say it's high priority since the current system more or less works (it's pretty trivial as a high power succubus to convert most or all of your vassals), but it is something I'd like to do.

Dark World Beyond Heresy v1.1:
-------------------
-Added events for Lilithanist coronations, courtesy of @tarin
-Adjusted the affects of the Lilithian pagan reform to cover similar topics as the other potential Nature reform options.

1 hour ago, cysky399 said:

Hey Aliris, is there a way to stop the Cathedral event to fire multiple times for the same character if I choose to refuse to convert?

It should no longer do so for the same character if you refuse it with the latest version. If it's not, I can go back and check that.

Quick update - I posted a new .mod file for the release of Dark World Fantasy (which replaces Reborn/Tweaks). It's also bundled with the v1.1 file now, so if you're downloading it after this it should work right away. For those that already downloaded it, I posted the .mod file separately as well.

Uploaded version 1.1.1, which adds full support for the new half-demon traits added by Dark World Fantasy. Also added a third option for the Cathedral Dream event so you can dismiss it permanently for a given character (so you won't see it again until they die and you're playing their heir, etc).

Uploaded version 1.1.2, which adds a small feature - no more random provinces going Lilithian/Reversionist/Khadimist prior to a character discovering and bringing those heresies to the rest of the world. Random individual characters may still flip, but the moment a province switches to one of the three that hasn't been unlocked, it will instead become a randomly selected other heresy of that religious group, and any character in that province will get swapped from Lilithian/etc to that heresy instead.

Once the religion has been unlocked, however, it will work normally, with the Heresy able to appear in random provinces the same as any other.

This should be entirely seamless, to where you won't even notice it happening 99% of the time.

Archived