[mod] Dark World - Beyond Heresy

Aliris

Quick question, i'm playing a Muslim succubus who has found the temple place and is now kadamist, but i'm unable to create the caliph, i meet the prerequisites, I own Mecca and Medina, and i am a succubus. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I was having a look through the files.

Are you independent? if not revolt against your liege. Seems you can create it while revolting

If you are, have you got any revolts going on? end them and you can create it.

But I'm a complete nub when it comes to reading text files so I might be wrong.

So I just spawned the demon child, and he gained the incubus trait. Well done Aliris :)

Another possibility - you can pick up some special-trait characters via slave purchasing, if you take business focus and have the appropriate slave buildings. There's an event that fires randomly that lets you either get money, buy slaves, or take a chance to see what exotic slaves are available. It's random which ones will be there, but succubus is one possibility.

Quick question, i'm playing a Muslim succubus who has found the temple place and is now kadamist, but i'm unable to create the caliph, i meet the prerequisites, I own Mecca and Medina, and i am a succubus. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I'm not sure about that to be honest. I haven't tried that route in a while, so it's entirely possible that something is buggy with it.

Where is it giving you the issue? Is the decision not appearing, or can you not click it somehow? If you can click it, is it not doing anything?

do my character needs to be either incubus or succubus to enable the heresy content? Because, to me, that's kind of a big wall to cross. I've had one succubus in my game, and she died of the flu. Her son spawned several other incubus who, all but one, died from slow fever. Meanwhile, my elf king managed to become high priest of the society of the great deceiver and started spawning lillithanism in England. And he's IRISH! Anyhow, I plan to suck the life off my newborns so I can live forever!

But really, how do we access beyond heresy content?

I have only seen it as a succubus, and you're right they are pretty rare. I started as a succubus which made it easier to see the content, and it does get OP pretty quickly. Pretty fun though!

Thanks - the OPness is sort of why I was poking around with other ideas like an Orcish invasion to provide extra challenges. 

Thanks for the attempt Cozza, but im not in any type of revolt. To answer Aliris the create a title icon for the caliph title dosen't appear. if i go to it via the religion tab, and click on the badge for the caliph it create option is grayed out, when i highlight it to see the requirements it says i need somewhere (cant remember exactly) around 300 gold and no piety to create this title, I have way more gold than it says i need but the gold in the requirements is red (like i don't have enough) and it is uncreateable. added a screenshot to try to help.

just use title owner command on d_lilislam and you should get it, the other papacy's have events to create them... kadimist doesn't have an event for that and i assume there must be an error in the code or something too. copy this in titileowner d_lilislam (character number)  without the parentheses of course. 

I finally managed to write a proper casus belli for the orcs, they directly went about invading egypt. The drawback is that all the newly assigned vassals seems generated from scratch and are not true orcs.

post-914471-0-08388300-1509269485_thumb.png

They have the culture, but not the orc trait. Same with existing orcs: they won't marry their courtiers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi is it possible to run with ck+ ? The base dark worldreborn is. It could get complicated cause in earlier start dates ck+ has now a united catholic and orthodox faith which maybe get the schismn triggerd, also i checked the game files will be some holy orders added for the new heresies?

I really love the mod. Thank you very much!

I have a few issues, namely with the ambition. Enatic Succession types other than Absolute Cognatic don't qualify for the Groom an heir ambition. It is a minor issue but it does bug me a bit.

For some reasons, the Reversionist Church always get succeeded by men, (with the exception of the first Grand High Priestess).

No matter how many guys I culled, only men got elected. It is weird, since the Church should be feminist.

I think i remember thats a hardcoded thing, due to the system being copied from the papacy and the papacy is male only.

Man, it is a shame.

Maybe randomly generate a Priestess whenever one dies, and then assign that new character as the Grand High Priestess?

On the other hand, I find a method to modify the ambition so that Groom an heir will work with Enatic succession. I just copied the whole ambition in the based game to the mod, adding some conditions in the female part so that it works with Enatic.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, Charli said:

It's been a long time that you give no news, are you going to other games? ;)

Yes and no. CK is one of those games where I play for a bit, then go do other stuff, then pop my head back in a bit later. I'll probably give a look over things as well, see what Dewguru has done in DW main, and then see about updating and maybe fixing some stuff. Or trying to, at least. No promises though. ;)

9 hours ago, Aliris said:

Yes and no. CK is one of those games where I play for a bit, then go do other stuff, then pop my head back in a bit later. I'll probably give a look over things as well, see what Dewguru has done in DW main, and then see about updating and maybe fixing some stuff. Or trying to, at least. No promises though. ;)

thank you, Lilith bless you. :star:

Poked around a little, and replaced the Succession laws bit with an updated one... though the validator still hates it apparently (despite being the latest version) and spewing out nonsensical errors. So we'll see how it goes.

I'm probably going to scrap the invasion events, since they were rather buggy, and I don't have time for it now - probably if I did go after those again I'd make a separate mod for them (or anyone else can feel free to reuse the stuff I did for them, too).

Anyway, more will follow some testing.

Figured out why the Khadimist Caliphate creation was broken, the title was disabled - this will be fixed.

Changing the Lilith Papacy and Lilith Orthodox Matriarchy to Enatic only, we'll see if this allows female rulers. Otherwise I'll have to figure out how to declare a different succession type somehow for those.

On 4/21/2018 at 12:11 AM, Kjojo said:

Man, it is a shame.

Maybe randomly generate a Priestess whenever one dies, and then assign that new character as the Grand High Priestess?

On the other hand, I find a method to modify the ambition so that Groom an heir will work with Enatic succession. I just copied the whole ambition in the based game to the mod, adding some conditions in the female part so that it works with Enatic.

Going to try setting it to Enatic only so it should force female succession, if not, I'll figure something else, like changing the default law.

So it's ignoring the gender laws for theocratic by design. I'm pondering setting up an autoreplace, but I'm also wondering if perhaps part of the error isn't that it isn't able to pull properly from a pool of "cardinals" or whatnot, since with the regular papacy you can see the successor. I suspect that because there isn't a normal successor it's just procedurally generating one... which works, but also means it's a new character (with no prestige/piety to start) every time.

Alright, everything else I tried in tinkering with election laws didn't work, so I've just put in a set of events that will instantly replace any male holders of the Lilith Papacy or Lilith Orthodox Church with a randomly generated female. Downside to this is they'll be pretty generic (at least until I can figure out something better), but also this way I can start them with some piety/etc.

(Thankfully Khadimist doesn't have this issue since it's a title you create and control)

Just a note, I'll be putting out an update when Paradox releases their "spring cleaning" patch next week, since it has a rather useful new script command to stop specific characters from getting pruned (nothing like having some special event fire, like spending a bunch of money on a special race slave, and then find they poofed on you within a matter of days due to pruning).

could you add something for CK2+ too?  If it is not way too much to ask? Okay the basic religions are the same but in earlier bookmarks they had add a unified christian church which could later split into orthodox and catholic ones. So maybe a way to add that kind of things into your mod and a feminist version of it. I know it is a different mod and maybe way too much to ask. But i try maybe it could be okay 

9 hours ago, Japan001 said:

could you add something for CK2+ too?  If it is not way too much to ask? Okay the basic religions are the same but in earlier bookmarks they had add a unified christian church which could later split into orthodox and catholic ones. So maybe a way to add that kind of things into your mod and a feminist version of it. I know it is a different mod and maybe way too much to ask. But i try maybe it could be okay 

Sorry, but I pretty much only write these mods for my personal setups, and thus I don't really have the interest (or the time) in extending them to work with other stuff that I don't play with or otherwise have any familiarity with. Feel free to modify them yourself as you wish for your own use however.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:52 PM, Aliris said:

Sorry, but I pretty much only write these mods for my personal setups, and thus I don't really have the interest (or the time) in extending them to work with other stuff that I don't play with or otherwise have any familiarity with. Feel free to modify them yourself as you wish for your own use however.

Speaking of your personal setup, in the description it says something about a modified Toska, but I couldn't find it in the comments (am I blind? xD). Does it still work, or is Toska dead?

If it isn't dead, could you please link it? I would greatly appreciate it. :smile:

Love the mod btw

Archived