[mod] Dark World - Beyond Heresy

Aliris

I don't know to be honest - I haven't been playing CK2 in the last two-three months or so, and thus haven't looked at any of the new versions. I don't know of anything that should break terribly, offhand, at least.

I don't know to be honest - I haven't been playing CK2 in the last two-three months or so, and thus haven't looked at any of the new versions. I don't know of anything that should break terribly, offhand, at least.

Awwwww.

Well, so far, DW Toska and it's whole mod hasn't been updated, except for user, who ran 1.3.5 through validator and corrected some errors.

Also, Lilit h events from Toska society are overflowing to other societies, which would probably, maybe complicate stuff with your mod?

So far, people have to rename and modify dependencies on higher tier of Dark world - 1.52.

That's my whole experience as for adult mods.

(Plus, new version of Dark world will be released very soon).

Toska's Lilith society is horribly broken due to so much of it being copied from the vanilla satanists and the trigger he uses causing events to bleed over into pretty much any character that has certain traits, regardless of which society they are in. I've tried to fix it, but after many nights of frustration, I came to the conclusion that it just needs an entire rewrite. so... Seeing as this mod is dependent upon Toska, I'd wait until it has been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Any hope of Christianity compatibility? It goes from everyone being okay with adultery and queens being gangbanged by peasants, to everyone being prudish again. I like the idea of bringing out the "truth", but it kinda seems a little lame to need to break up with all my lovers. 

I fixed some errors in the events, caused by bad formatting.. ^^ (There were some brackets missing..)

I hope that islamic and orthodox lilithianism should now work.

Edit: You can delete the dependencies out of the .mod file I suppose, as they are only needed to determine the load order, if mods partly overwrite each other.  I'm quite sure it should work with the latest versions of DW DWT and CK2. 

DWBH Lilitu Events.txt

dwsu_decisions.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm probably going to dust this off and look at it again sometime this weekend once I figure out what I want to do with it.

My current intent is to unlink it from some of the dependencies on Toska's mod, so that it can be played separately or in conjunction with, allowing you to establish the religion without the secret society stuff (though if you play with both, I might put something in that still requires it, is my thought).

I'll probably also remove some of the additional slave purchasing stuff, as other mods exist out there now that cover this function.

This is from using 0.5.

With this mod's heresy, I managed to convert my entire kingdom and change the succession law to be Enatic-Cognatic. However, whenever the current ruler dies the law would revert to Agnatic-Cognatic. I've noticed that issue with the commander mod too, as each time the head of the commander would die, being landed, the next in line would need to change the succession laws too. This is all too strange for me.

The heresy also appeared on its own since I don't have the DLC for societies.

This is from using 0.5.

With this mod's heresy, I managed to convert my entire kingdom and change the succession law to be Enatic-Cognatic. However, whenever the current ruler dies the law would revert to Agnatic-Cognatic. I've noticed that issue with the commander mod too, as each time the head of the commander would die, being landed, the next in line would need to change the succession laws too. This is all too strange for me.

The heresy also appeared on its own since I don't have the DLC for societies.

Do you know if your heir had your religion, or if they were under a different one? That could be why, as if you had a Catholic inheriting from a Lilithian, that Catholic character is limited to the government forms and inheritance laws of their own religion. You'd probably experience the same thing if you were Lilithian and reconvert to Catholicism (or other such), the same way that a Sunni ruler that converts to a non-Islamic faith loses the Iqta system, or a Christian ruler converting to Sunni would get switched to Agnatic inheritance from Agnatic-Cognatic.

Yeah, the whole kingdom was lilithianists. Even a newly created empire would default to agnatic-cognatic regardless of the current succession law of the kingdoms. If it doesn't happens with other people, then it's probably linked to my game. However if others do get the same issue than I, then there might be a deeper problem.

It may even be due to the fact I don't have all the DLC, and some mechanics are locked away.

It might be in one of the DLCs somehow. The female preference inheritance is in the core game somewhere, so it's not any sort of kludge, and I haven't noticed anything similar in any of my games.

Yeah, the whole kingdom was lilithianists. Even a newly created empire would default to agnatic-cognatic regardless of the current succession law of the kingdoms. If it doesn't happens with other people, then it's probably linked to my game. However if others do get the same issue than I, then there might be a deeper problem.

It may even be due to the fact I don't have all the DLC, and some mechanics are locked away.

I had this happen too a while ago when I played with this mod. Was quite annoying.

Alright, I validated the bug, though I have no idea why it was doing that. It'll be fixed in a version I'm updating as soon as I finish debugging another event. The downside is that to make it work (and I tested the fix to be sure) I had to fully override the succession laws, which may not play nice if you're using other mods that also override the vanilla succession laws file. But it is what it is.

Okay, the new version is up. Should fix the problems with succession laws reverting, and such.

I also added a few event chains for Way of Life stuff:

-Hunters can run into an elven guardian in the deep wilds

-Business focus rulers can receive bonus shipments of slaves to profit from or purchase

I'll try and do a few more as well as tinker with some of the things as I can.

There is definitely a formatting bug on the DWBH Lilitu Events document.

Event ID DWBH.110 are listed as invalid by the console and on will not trigger by default. I deleted a chunk of the code related to the third entry involving succubi, and was able to trigger them afterwards in the console.

They were also listed as

character_event = {

instead of

narrative_event = {

like the Catholic ones are, though I am not sure if that is important. I did change them before I successfully triggered them, however.

Character and Narrative events just affects the window size for pictures and text. I made new events for the Catholic one using larger pictures, hence they became narrative, but it's not necessary to fire. 

Also, are you using version 7? I fixed some of the code in there as there were issues with the preceding event in 0.6, but it should work with v0.7, and I've checked it with the validator. Otherwise I'm not sure what you're referring to out of the below:

# Study religious myths of Lilith as Islamic?
character_event = {
id = DWBH.110
picture = GFX_evt_bishop
border = GFX_event_normal_frame_religion
desc = EVTDESC_DWBH_100

only_playable = yes
min_age = 16
capable_only = yes
prisoner = no
trigger = {
holy_order = no
#is_theocracy = no
OR =
{
has_focus = focus_theology
piety = 1000
prestige = 1000
}
OR = {
trait = lilith
trait = incubus
}
religion_group = muslim

NOT = { religion = lilislam }
NOT = { is_inaccessible_trigger = yes }
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 48
}

option = {
name = EVTOPTA_DWBH_100 # Yes, dive deeper into the ancient myths
trigger = {
NOT = { trait = monk }
NOT = { trait = nun }

}
piety = 20
hidden_tooltip = { character_event = { id = DWBH.111 days = 90 } }
}
option = {
name = EVTOPTB_DWBH_100 # Heretical thoughts should be left to lie
trigger = {
NOT = { trait = excommunicated }

}
piety = 100
random = {
chance = 25
add_trait = zealous
}
}
}

With zero coding knowledge, all I knew when I changed v6 was that the various "}" you had after DWBH.102 looked different than the others. I changed them to look like the other ones, but that didn't work. So I deleted the entire entry for DWBH.102, and that worked.

[Edited: further testing. Got 100, 110, 120 to work under 7 without changes]

Just tried this out, and spotted a bug: when a Sunni character gets the 'dream of a cathedral' and conversion events, they're both in normal-sized event boxes, not the big narrative ones.  This makes most of their text unreadable, and has some graphics issues with the pictures (the dream uses a generic Islamic religious picture, and the conversion uses the big picture, spilling out of the box).  Probably shouldn't be too hard to fix, but I wanted to make sure you knew about it.

I don't think you can pick them, no.

Some of the rare stuff I worked back in, but you have to have Business focus, and then it's a random event where you can try to pick some rare slaves. I want it to be random, but for some reason it doesn't always seem to be (and I'll have to work on that). I do believe that DWR makes the possibility of holding on to your campaign racial trait impossible without megatons of incest/inbreeding, and almost no chance of getting it back if you don't, mostly because DW set some of the inheritance rates so low, to the point that you're not even guaranteed to have children of that trait even when both parents do. As a result I like having the chance to introduce a bit of exogamy without risking the bloodline.

So we'll see - if you have suggestions for any of them, let me know. For instance, one of the other events I added in 1.7 is a hunting related one where you can run into an elf character and try to bring them back to your court.

Okay, found the bug on that event (it was jumping right to the Kitsune option each time instead of the first being random, will post that update soon).

The way the slave purchase event works now is that instead of being a decision, it randomly occurs when you've got business focus. You then get a choice of free money, or first pick from the new slaves. Selecting slave purchase gives you the choice of strong (bodyguard) male, attractive (pleasure) female, or exotic.

If you go for exotic, you get to review random exotic slaves. There's always at least one that comes up, and if you don't want that type, you can ask for another, but there's a moderate chance each time you skip to the next exotic slave that there are no more available and the event ends (and it always ends if you buy one, that is).

Archived