[mod] Dark World - Beyond Heresy

Aliris

The decision to create it is partly gated behind a DLC check (I don't remember why). You could try deleting that check if you want.

potential = {
            is_playable = yes
            religion = lilitu
            NOT = { is_title_active = d_lilitu }
            has_dlc = "Sons of Abraham"
        }

allow = {
            piety = 1000
            OR = {
                owns = 333 # Rome
                any_realm_lord = {
                    owns = 333
                }
            }
        }

that, makes, a ton of sense... Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Thought I'd report back on my experience. I deleted the line and the decision to create the papacy appeared. Using the option plooped the Lilitu Papacy into existence and selected an Ardat Lili (not sure where exactly from, but surely from one of the existing priests?). I had conquered Roma, so I gave the county to the Ardat Lili, instantly making the county a free county. As for Papal functions, they vary. I was granted a divorce and can request excommunications just fine, and it uses the Ardat Lili's opinion for these functions and all, but some papal things (demanding holy prisoner release for example) don't carry over. The papacy calls crusades, but the typical mechanic and screen by which investments are made and beneficiaries are chosen don't appear. Other kingdoms of the faith never join these crusades, so they all fail. It's not too bad though, I've made a super succubus/incubus dynasty (whom are mostly immortal) and installed them (and Lillithin Heresy) on the thrones of most of western europe ...

(the amount of work it is to have your character abdicate and then give them your most recent conquests is surprisingly arduous when they decide they'd rather never return to them realm hehehe)

But anyway, the holy-war hungriness of Lilithanists kind of makes a for failed crusades, the other kingdoms of the faith are almost always nibbling away at all of the others. So while the decision works without Sons of Abraham, I guess core functions don't work for heresies without it. Once again, thanks a bunch for the help.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, A Viceroy said:

that, makes, a ton of sense... Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Thought I'd report back on my experience. I deleted the line and the decision to create the papacy appeared. Using the option plooped the Lilitu Papacy into existence and selected an Ardat Lili (not sure where exactly from, but surely from one of the existing priests?). I had conquered Roma, so I gave the county to the Ardat Lili, instantly making the county a free county. As for Papal functions, they vary. I was granted a divorce and can request excommunications just fine, and it uses the Ardat Lili's opinion for these functions and all, but some papal things (demanding holy prisoner release for example) don't carry over. The papacy calls crusades, but the typical mechanic and screen by which investments are made and beneficiaries are chosen don't appear. Other kingdoms of the faith never join these crusades, so they all fail. It's not too bad though, I've made a super succubus/incubus dynasty (whom are mostly immortal) and installed them (and Lillithin Heresy) on the thrones of most of western europe ...

(the amount of work it is to have your character abdicate and then give them your most recent conquests is surprisingly arduous when they decide they'd rather never return to them realm hehehe)

But anyway, the holy-war hungriness of Lilithanists kind of makes a for failed crusades, the other kingdoms of the faith are almost always nibbling away at all of the others. So while the decision works without Sons of Abraham, I guess core functions don't work for heresies without it. Once again, thanks a bunch for the help.

It won't use the new Holy Fury version of Catholic crusades, no. It's just a standard Great Holy War, at present.

And yes, probably the reason for it is because it was a requirement for the similar "Create Fraticelli papacy" that I originally modeled it after.

6 hours ago, namor360 said:

Do you need to have satanic cults enabled for the Lilith society to appear? I normally enable secret cults but disable satantic cults because having all my kids toxic touched constantly gets irritating. 

The Lilith society is covered by Dark World Fantasy, not by Beyond Heresy (but offhand I think you do).

11 hours ago, jet41 said:

Sadly for me matrilineal marriage for Khadmist religion is still blocked by iqta government. Anybody ideas how to bypass this without altering vanilla files?

I'd probably have to poke around with it some - let me see if I can get that to work again.

2 hours ago, Hikaruchan said:

Why the  Lilithanist religion discover event not show up :c

My character are Incubus, Theology focus, Prestige and Piety more than 1000

I wait for 2 years the event still not appear.  

Are you a Zealot?

If so, that's why. The dream won't appear if you're overly zealous about your current religion.

Otherwise the only reason it will fail to appear is if you've dismissed the dream before and told it not to come back (though that only blocks it for the current character).

6 hours ago, namor360 said:

Wouldn't that just be Catholicism?

Or did you mean sexy Catholicism?

I think they mean a male-dominated variant of the pagan option therein. And while it's certainly possible to do code-wise, I'm really not sure how that would fit in with the whole concept of Lilith, at all, as currently constructed in the game's mythology - at least not without a lot more writing and backstory to support it, that would almost be an entirely different mod.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Greyfox18 said:

the dark cathedral isnt triggering for me. any idea why?

It won't fire at all if you're zealous, for one, or if you've refused the event on that character before.

You can always force it to fire via console event though.

• 3 weeks later...

concerning line in the error.log file:

[effect.cpp:822]: Else/else if not following an if or else if in events/DWBH Angel Events.txt : 889
[effect.cpp:822]: Else/else if not following an if or else if in events/DWBH Angel Events.txt : 893
[effect.cpp:822]: Else/else if not following an if or else if in events/DWBH Angel Events.txt : 897

Which seems to invalidate the whole file, as the rest of that .txt is listed in the log under "Corrupt Event Table Entry".

random = {
                        chance = 25
                                {
                                        if = {
                                                limit = { trait = quick }
                                                add_trait = genius
                                        }
                                        else_if = {
                                                limit = { NOT = { trait = genius }}
                                                add_trait = quick
                                        }
                                        else_if = {
                                                limit = { NOT = { trait = fair }}
                                                add_trait = fair
                                        }
                                        else_if = {
                                                limit = { NOT = { trait = strong }}
                                                add_trait = strong
                                        }
                                }
                        }

There is an extra '{' under 'chance = 25'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:25 AM, bicobus said:

There is an extra '{' under 'chance = 25'.

There isn't an extra single brace, but the additional braces are probably unnecessary. I'll remove those.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, Greyfox18 said:

not zealous, event hasnt triggered before, and im playing ironman.

also it did end up triggering 20 some years after the game started. i looked at the code and it says mean time is 24 months.

This isn't impossible. Any event can take a long time to happen - Mean time just means it's going to fire in that span about 50% of the time. Now, once you get to a certain point it has like a 99% chance to fire, but in weird situations events can just wait and wait as the computer keeps hitting that 1% chance.

15 hours ago, Aliris said:

There isn't an extra single brace, but the additional braces are probably unnecessary. I'll remove those.

The game reports a syntax error, followed with the whole file being reported as garbage. So yes, the extra braces are errors and not just unnecessary. The game understand 'x = { stuff }', but doesn't understand simple '{ stuff }'

Archived