Nice to see DD making its way to Fallout 4, really appreciated.

That being said... dont take this the wrong way, i do not mean to be ungrateful, but it is quite a mess - textures mixed inside the material folder, unused textures and materials, unused duplicite meshes...

Also, it seems many meshes are duplicated instead of using simple material swaps, etc. No wonder the whole thing takes almost 1.7GB.

Do you need help fixing this mess? i mean it (i think i am going to do it anyway, because i cant stand it sitting on my hdd like this :smile:).

@tortout4 i seem to remember the pipboy is "invisible" whilst you have those specific out fits on so try scrolling through the menus you might be able to get out or you can just type in "player.unequipall" if you wanna cheat then put in "player.equipitem 21b3b"

possible glitch/bug with devious devices or cursed loot.  I have removes all DD items from my inventory but my character still appears to be wearing a corset.  I have cursed loot installed and used the debug self bondage then safe word a couple times and the corset still appears even though there is none in inventory.

is there is a fix for something like this or a console command to reset my avatar to default or something that will clear out the corset.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, MegaGryphon said:

The small number of NPC companions cannot be silenced by the DD gags. Everyone else can.

But suppose you're playing on survival mode (no ~console)?

Yes, anyone/everyone you have ever gagged will never utter speech again - it is quite permanent! Be aware...

A variety of console enablers for your pleasure.

Never will survival deny you a console again.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/search/

17 hours ago, Bushi Neko said:

A variety of console enablers for your pleasure.

Never will survival deny you a console again.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/search/

Ack! No thank you, heheh...

One of the best and important purposes of Survival Mode (for me) is: no ~console.

It's the only time you're really PLAYING THE GAME.

Of course I understand that Devious Devices is ahem, an entertainment; a diversion... and I have my Institute Head guy "Father" who runs around in his white coat and molests.

Not on Survival, though LoL

But for serious playing, Survival Mode - with NO console - is the only way to go!

Are there any plans on changing how Fallout 4 DD items are using body slots?

The way it is now seems a bit wastefull, resulting in incompatibilities with all kinds of other clothing mods that could be easily worn together.

For example stockings are often using slot 39, which is used by DD Leg Cuffs - preventing to wear both stocking AND leg cuffs for no reason.

Slot 40, usualy used by pants, shorts, panties, etc., is also used by DD Leg Cuffs (why even use 2 slots for item that is always worn in pairs anyway? you never mix left leather cuff with right steel cuff, they aren't separate, so one slot is all that is needed).

And so on...

I think this should be changed while it is still time.

For example, i think it would make much more sense if Wrist Cuffs and Yokes would use only slot 42 ([A] L Arm - makes sense, as these armor slots are the first that should really be stripped, no?), Gloves/Mittens slot 43 ([A] R Arm) so now you can even wear both gloves/mittens AND wrist cuffs/yokes (why not?), Leg Cuffs could use slot 44 ([A] L Leg), and the Restrictive Boots would use 45 ([A] R Leg), etc.

Anyway, i gave it some thought and here is what i came up with:

Spoiler

33 - Straight Jackets, Harness Latex, Chain Harness, Boots Restrictive, Corsets, Catsuits
42 - Straight Jackets, Armbinders, Yokes, Wrist Cuffs
43 - Straight Jackets, Armbinders, Gloves Restrictive, Bondage Mittens
44 - Leg Cuffs
45 - Boots Restrictive
46 - Hoods
47 - Blindfolds
48 - Nipple Piercings
49 - Gags
50 - Collars
54 - Chastity Belts
55 - Chastity Bras
56 - Vaginal Plugs
57 - Anal Plugs

This would leave free the slots 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40 for other uses like stockings, pants, panties, shirts, tank tops, etc.

What are your thoughts?

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, MegaGryphon said:

Ack! No thank you, heheh...

One of the best and important purposes of Survival Mode (for me) is: no ~console.

It's the only time you're really PLAYING THE GAME.

Of course I understand that Devious Devices is ahem, an entertainment; a diversion... and I have my Institute Head guy "Father" who runs around in his white coat and molests.

Not on Survival, though LoL

But for serious playing, Survival Mode - with NO console - is the only way to go!

I would tend to agree, save for the fact that FO4 is a Beth game, and as such even without mods is prone to being fragile, easily broken, ships with broken quest / functions and as usual, seemingly untested for issues in many areas.

So console being disabled by them as part of a ' hardcore survival ' really gets down to ' we didn't really think that added to survival ( which it doesn't ) and made a mistake and left it like we do all the other issues '

Console was never meant to be a cheat, it's a tool. How does disabling a tool that can fix / workaround quest issues etc create a better game?

Great example. Meridia's Beacon in Skyrim. The game shipped requiring you to ' TGM ' to finish the quest or die falling from the sky. They never fixed it. The modders did.

FO4. The Mechanist. The final door originally locked you in on completion of the quest. Beth never fixed it. Modders did.

No console for those, no finish. 

;)

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Bushi Neko said:

I would tend to agree, save for the fact that FO4 is a Beth game, and as such even without mods is prone to being fragile, easily broken, ships with broken quest / functions and as usual, seemingly untested for issues in many areas.

So console being disabled by them as part of a ' hardcore survival ' really gets down to ' we didn't really think that added to survival ( which it doesn't ) and made a mistake and left it like we do all the other issues '

Console was never meant to be a cheat, it's a tool. How does disabling a tool that can fix / workaround quest issues etc create a better game?

Great example. Meridia's Beacon in Skyrim. The game shipped requiring you to ' TGM ' to finish the quest or die falling from the sky. They never fixed it. The modders did.

FO4. The Mechanist. The final door originally locked you in on completion of the quest. Beth never fixed it. Modders did.

No console for those, no finish. 

;)

Not at all.

I played a guy on Survival Mode right from the beginning (new game) to level ~150 with no probs...

And no console!

The Unofficial FO4 patch solves any and all issues and the game is far more challenging - and fun IMO.

On 2/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, mamoru127 said:

Hi, can anyone help? I tried downloading this by clicking on the Download button on the bottom right, across from the blank file name, and I get no download after the 10-second countdown :frown:

Same issue,  download seem broken when using firefox. In opera it redirects to the third party download size.

this.PNG

So I'm having issues getting DD to work correctly. I thought I did everything right but when I get to Goodneighbor Kimy is just a floating head/hands and if I buy anything it doesn't show up? Dependent mods also aren't working correctly (Devious Cursed Wasteland).

I have the following load order and attached the latest Papyrus log in case you need it. (This is probably something super dumb, like I missed a requirement, but I triple checked everything had what I could find as a requirement...)

ArmorKeywords.esm

TortureDevices.esm

Devious Devices.esm

CBBE.esp

Deviously Cursed Wasteland.esp

Papyrus.0.log

13 hours ago, jbezorg said:

The chastity belt has a full body mesh as well as the belt mesh. It's clipping with the actor's body mesh.

Is there a NifScope that works with Fallout 4?

I am using v2.0.dev6 (revision 1d9d0d6), and for most things it works.

For example, any vanilla meshes - never a problem, but things i export from Max, sometimes do not show correctly (or at all) in NifSkope, which might be still my fault due to whatnot (but when i load them into Outfit Studio, they look perfectly fine) - when it happens, i usually export as obj, apply material in OS and export as NIF from there.

That being said, i just noticed the latest NifSkope release is 2.0.dev7, so i guess its time to update - thanks for the reminder :smile:

16 hours ago, SRckt98 said:

So I'm having issues getting DD to work correctly. I thought I did everything right but when I get to Goodneighbor Kimy is just a floating head/hands and if I buy anything it doesn't show up? Dependent mods also aren't working correctly (Devious Cursed Wasteland).

I have the following load order and attached the latest Papyrus log in case you need it. (This is probably something super dumb, like I missed a requirement, but I triple checked everything had what I could find as a requirement...)

ArmorKeywords.esm

TortureDevices.esm

Devious Devices.esm

CBBE.esp

Deviously Cursed Wasteland.esp

Papyrus.0.log

Floating hands and head you say?

Could it be you forgot to build the outfits from bodyslide?

...i might be wrong, but if DD is shipped without the outfit mesh in game's meshes directory (almost the right way to do things - i usually pack in an empty file as a placeholder, so mod managers know this file needs to go if you uninstall) for the dress that Kimy is wearing, and you did not build it from BodySlide, then i SUPPOSE in game it would show only the head and hands.

Or maybe the installation didn't went well, and the mesh file was not installed for some reaosn (i remember long ago, the NMM had problems installing bigger mods, especially if consisting of many loose files - sometimes you ended up with files missing even though in the manager it looked like everything is ok).

EDIT: i read your post carefully again, and you mention even other items not showing - so, i'd say you definitely forgot to use BodySlide to BUILD ALL DD OUTFITS and ITEMS.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

I am using v2.0.dev6 (revision 1d9d0d6), and for most things it works.

For example, any vanilla meshes - never a problem, but things i export from Max, sometimes do not show correctly (or at all) in NifSkope, which might be still my fault due to whatnot (but when i load them into Outfit Studio, they look perfectly fine) - when it happens, i usually export as obj, apply material in OS and export as NIF from there.

That being said, i just noticed the latest NifSkope release is 2.0.dev7, so i guess its time to update - thanks for the reminder :smile:

I have that version....

d'oh...

Double click was still opening the older version of NifScope.

On 2/26/2018 at 1:55 PM, Roggvir said:

Floating hands and head you say?

Could it be you forgot to build the outfits from bodyslide?

...i might be wrong, but if DD is shipped without the outfit mesh in game's meshes directory (almost the right way to do things - i usually pack in an empty file as a placeholder, so mod managers know this file needs to go if you uninstall) for the dress that Kimy is wearing, and you did not build it from BodySlide, then i SUPPOSE in game it would show only the head and hands.

Or maybe the installation didn't went well, and the mesh file was not installed for some reaosn (i remember long ago, the NMM had problems installing bigger mods, especially if consisting of many loose files - sometimes you ended up with files missing even though in the manager it looked like everything is ok).

EDIT: i read your post carefully again, and you mention even other items not showing - so, i'd say you definitely forgot to use BodySlide to BUILD ALL DD OUTFITS and ITEMS.

I was pretty sure I had already done that but I did it again.

Annnnd? Nothing. Kimy is still a floating head/hands. Other items still don't show up.

I even went into the folders and confirmed that the .nifs are there and the timestamps match when I ran BodySlide....