Rhames' The Naughty Help

Rhames01

My maid never turns up either :(

1. Which version are you using; the multi or standard version

2. The maid should be turning up. Please check earlier posts in this thread for reference; there is a conflict happening with another mod.

when I use this mod , during school my teen are leaving de lot but never go to their school. same thing with adults and their job

I went and double checked on mine to see if I could replicate your bug and I couldn't. In one household I succesfully had two sims successfully leave for and be at work with no issues and successfully had a teen leave for school and go without issues.

Most likely another mod is conflicting with mine.

when I use this mod , during school my teen are leaving de lot but never go to their school. same thing with adults and their job

I went and double checked on mine to see if I could replicate your bug and I couldn't. In one household I succesfully had two sims successfully leave for and be at work with no issues and successfully had a teen leave for school and go without issues.

Most likely another mod is conflicting with mine.

I am using the beta/multi version and my people go to work/school just fine too.

Are you using an outdated version of the Sims like 1.25.136.1020? A few other people have reported that bug, and there seems to be a connection with using this mod with an outdated version of the game. 

Are you using an outdated version of the Sims like 1.25.136.1020? A few other people have reported that bug, and there seems to be a connection with using this mod with an outdated version of the game. 

I like your profile picture, BTW. He was my grandmother's cousin's cousin.

That's amazing! I guess talent must run in your family. :P (That was my way of saying you've done awesome work with this mod)

Going back to the "Sims won't leave the lot for school/work" bug: I've been able to verify that I can recreate that issue if I use this mod with v1.25.136.1020 of the game. blackblue08 and wild_guy have reported verifying this as well. I have no idea why it happens, but there must be a bug or conflict in the base game that was patched after 1.25. I realize that's not 100% proof of the cause, but it's good enough to convince me. *shrugs*

Maybe it would be helpful to add into this thread's first post that this mod isn't compatible with versions 1.25.136.1020 or prior, that way the issue gets reported less often?

Thanks for the compliment.

A big thanks to you and others for confirming the issue with that version of the game. On my next update, sometime early next week, I will make certain to put up a known issues section that will cover what you guys have uncovered.

Until then I'll make certain to reference your discovery every time someone brings it up.

That's amazing! I guess talent must run in your family. :P (That was my way of saying you've done awesome work with this mod)

Going back to the "Sims won't leave the lot for school/work" bug: I've been able to verify that I can recreate that issue if I use this mod with v1.25.136.1020 of the game. blackblue08 and wild_guy have reported verifying this as well. I have no idea why it happens, but there must be a bug or conflict in the base game that was patched after 1.25. I realize that's not 100% proof of the cause, but it's good enough to convince me. *shrugs*

Maybe it would be helpful to add into this thread's first post that this mod isn't compatible with versions 1.25.136.1020 or prior, that way the issue gets reported less often?

There is a french maid outfit out in a mod. Does anyone know how to change a npcs outfit?

There are a couple of ways you can do this but in my experi nce the best and least intrusive method is to simply go into the sim manager and alter the sim's outfit. You can also use cas.fulleditmode if you want to alter things loke the sims gender, age, body shape, traits etc. You can also use the edit in CAS feature using MCC but to be gonest I find using the standard sim editor to be the quickest.

Going back to the "Sims won't leave the lot for school/work" bug: I've been able to verify that I can recreate that issue if I use this mod with v1.25.136.1020 of the game. blackblue08 and wild_guy have reported verifying this as well.

yeah, I still wait for ability to update my game to finally enjoy this mod working well:) 

I recently switched Machines and am all up to date and its working just fine with the exception of one issue. It's happened 3 times now on different saves the butler occasionally after the First time they sleep in the assigned bed they change outfits into full Clown get up Face paint and all seems this becomes their default outfit some how. 

I installed the mod but it doesn't seem to have done anything. The Butler keeps resetting back to original butler outfit and I don't see any option to change their outfits, other than using CAS.  Am I missing something? 

Actually, one thing I did notice. Since installing the mod when my sims go to work it says they're missing work. They seem to go 'somewhere' but not to work apparently. When their shift ends they don't return. The only option is to tell them to miss work and they reappear but with no pay.  Bit of a game breaker. Anyone else have this trouble? 

You're also the only one here that makes its mod dependent on the current version of the game. Ridiculous. 

Even with such an elaborate mod as wickedwhims does not matter. What is if you want to update your game not every 5 minutes because it runs perfectly?

You think Rhames want that ?

If the mod add some function, it's less dependant on the version of the game than altering game's function. Rhames' mod alter the way the butlers and other services works. So if Maxis change anything about this the mod can have some issue...

I just update my game because I changed my computer (just like blackblu08) and I didn't notice any problem with my old saved game having the 5 services at home. My sims dont work, so I cant say if I have the same issue.

I will test further with a new test game.

You're also the only one here that makes its mod dependent on the current version of the game. Ridiculous. 

Even with such an elaborate mod as wickedwhims does not matter. What is if you want to update your game not every 5 minutes because it runs perfectly?

You think Rhames want that ?

If the mod add some function, it's less dependant on the version of the game than altering game's function. Rhames' mod alter the way the butlers and other services works. So if Maxis change anything about this the mod can have some issue...

I just update my game because I changed my computer (just like blackblu08) and I didn't notice any problem with my old saved game having the 5 services at home. My sims dont work, so I cant say if I have the same issue.

I will test further with a new test game.

I have only the problem that my sims do not go to work and also not to school. 

But I have already solved this.

I have deleted this mod and everything works again  :sleepy:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Rhames! Such a good idea, I'd love to make it work on my game. I downloaded the beta file and hired a Maid, but don't get to use your animations. I've got Go to Work and Vamp packs, WW and CommandCenter and FullHouse on. Is is cause a pack is missing yet?
I am not sure it's the right place to post questions, I'm a noobie.
Anyways, thank you very much for your mods and creativity!

:) You're great!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, this has been a rough in terms of very busy past couple of months for me but I hope to be able to get back on the wagon with some more updates this month as well as answering some questions for you guys.

• 3 weeks later...

in my game all employee didn't sleep, eat, or even drink... maid is repeating dancing and watching tv, gardener only standing in the garden, only butler do his/her works.. is this normal?

1. Remember by default maids, gardeners and nannies are limited time NPCs that don't eat, sleep or drink because the game by defaut locks their hunger, energy and bladder needs so that they don't waste time doing these activities when they could be maids, gardening or taking care of the kids.  They were never meant to be actually functional, full time live in NPCs like the butler; they were meant to come in, do a job and get out.  When I designed the mod the whole point was to have these NPC's in your Sim's house and taking are of this stuff without you having to waste your sim's time or household slots doing it.  Fortunately I've managed to learn much about autonomy during this process and I'm currently playtesting changes to the NPC's AI's that should make them much more like real sims in the house.

2. The maid dancing and watching TV is a crude attempt on my part to get them to do more than just stand around and be maids. see above because I have solved this more effectively.  However, if there is stuff to clean your maids WILL eventually go do it because the advertised commodity for dancing and reading is significantly less than that for maid cleaning. However, if the butler gets to it first then they maid has nothing to do and goes back to whatever activities. My advice: make them earn their keep with Wicked Whims.

3. Gardener standing in the garden.  Haven't changed the gardener's base AI so all they do by themselves is garden and wait for work; if everything in the garden is fine they will just stand there.  See 1 and 2 for why and the promise that AI changes are coming. See 2 also for butler taking work away from gardener.

is there a way to use downloaded custom sims as maid?

When I want to customize a hired npc to look like a specific sim I do the following:

1. Make certain you have MC Command Center by deaderpool

2. Have the sim you want the help to look like in your household.

3. Use the MC CAS module to copy face, body shape, etc from your model sim and paste them onto the help sim.

4. Obviously make certain the two sims are the same gender in advance

5. Finally, you can use cas.fulledit mdoe to go in and clean help sim

It's not easy but its the only thing that works consistently as of now.

BTW I've been working on trying to make it so that you can designate npc's to be your maid.  The only problem is the filters that the game uses to determine who can a maid are ridonculous are the game has a hissy fit when you deviate to far from that (gotta love the hard coded shit).

One trick I do use is this.  Once I have a maid or help set up that I really like, especially in one game, I save them to my library and not they are a maid, nanny, whatever.  THen, when I want them in a new game, I import them as an NPC household and then hire that particular type of npc.  Since the game has a perfect sim available it simply hires the one you want instead of creating a new sim.

It sucks that it takes so much work but that's what we got for now.

So I have a question - if you get the help pregnant, what happens to the babies? Do they have them there? Do they leave to have them? What's the deal with possible offspring?

This is what I have discovered: as long as they are in the situation (actively working in your household) they will get to he third trimester but will not actually enter labor.  For them to actually have the baby, you need to dismiss (not fire) them.  At this point they go "home" about a game day passes and they have the baby.  The you bring them back by rehiring them.

Usually if my Sim has knocked up the help I do the above, let the kid be born and then transfer the baby back into my sims household.

Archived