VR technical thread

prinyo

Seems to work only with vive. No chance with oculus rift so far.

I asked about this at the Rift's sub and there is one suggestion for now: 

Also, it seems that the first time I start Skyrim from Mod Organizer after booting the PC, it almost always goes to the monitor instead of the Rift. So I just quit and start the game again, and it will work then.

Hi if u have problems with MO enb vorpx pls try to add the oculus.exe in the enbseries.ini...

Can you give more info on this? Which one needs to be added and is it working reliably after that? I want to add it to the tutorial here in this thread. Thanks!  :)

• 2 months later...

I am confused, does freecam work with vorpx or not, I wanted to make the adult animations in 3d...that would be awsesome

Yes it does. 

What I am explaining earlier is that a function of VorpX has to be turned off while in free cam and this is done by pressing a keyboard shortcut. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is now part of the main VorpX process. It is all done automatically. The only thing you might want to do if the game seems blurry is to change the maximum resolution in the VorpX in-game menu. 

If you have a specific problem I can try and help with it.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:35 PM, prinyo said:

It is now part of the main VorpX process. It is all done automatically. The only thing you might want to do if the game seems blurry is to change the maximum resolution in the VorpX in-game menu. 

If you have a specific problem I can try and help with it.

Thanks! I've put my VorpX projects to one side for now. If I get stuck I'll be back.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:07 PM, zaira said:

Seems to work only with vive. No chance with oculus rift so far.

Anyway, since MO has been dropped by the developer I think nobody is willing spend any further effort in this issue.

So let's talk about best settings and ini tweaks...

MO is replaced by MO2 which is very much a growing and developing work. Check out its page on Nexus under Skyrim SE. It's now backwards compatible to Oblivion. (The game - not the inter-dimensional hole in space-time...)

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, ntblood said:

I tried VorpX (paid for it) and I felt like it was a huge head-ache and gave up on it. I just use native VR games now. It's just me 'though I'm suspicious when I see anyone promoting VorpX now.

I don't understand the point of your post.

• 3 months later...

Hey Prinyo

I asked a moderator to close/move my VorpX usage post here.

In the meantime I had a question regarding resolution.....

Because I love the feeling of playing games on a 40" LCD TV, I run them at 1920x1080/native resolution. Doing a bit of reading shows I would enjoy gaming on my RIFT using Vorpx at a higher resolution than the default you mentioned earlier in this thread. At first I thought this would be a problem considering the 'monitor' I use.

I assumed I would need to change the .INI for Skyrim or Fallout 4 to a resolution my TV wouldn't be able to handle and feared it would cause problems.

Now looking closer at the info you provided (sparked by some YouTube vids I watched) I'm curious if all resolution setting changes are actually done within VorpX itself without creating an issue with my choice of desktop monitor.

My system has a GTX1080 so it can handle it fine - it was my MAX native resolution for the TV which was causing my concerns.

Usage for 'Native' VR games like Elite Dangerous, and other Steam games I have is fine. Distance/LOD on games like Skyrim/FO4 suffer because of the reduced resolution keeping me from really 'getting into it'. Otherwise - Mind blown!

On 12/15/2018 at 9:21 AM, landess said:

Now looking closer at the info you provided (sparked by some YouTube vids I watched) I'm curious if all resolution setting changes are actually done within VorpX itself without creating an issue with my choice of desktop monitor.

What you want is to run at the highest of the supported resolutions. The monitor doesn't matter, but it is a good idea to put the game to open in a window and not full screen. The resolutions VorpX suggests are the best for VR.

VorpX made some big changes in the way users could force it to use better resolution. There is now a section in the in-game menu for this. You need to find it and set it to use the biggest possible value.

Archived