Mods you consider hidden gems...

indyskyho

I made a simple one if anyone would like me to upload it. It basically just changes the sound settings for archery so that when you shoot your arrow it listed as silent.

The reason I tried this (and now have it as a permanent addition) is cause enemies would hear you fire your bow and look for you even if you didn't hit them, the small change makes it so they instead hear the arrow impact a wall or the ground. So instead of looking in your direction they look for where the arrow hit (if you actually hit the enemy they still look for you), I think if you do it right you can stealth kill one enemy relatively close to another, the 2nd enemy may not hear the 1st die.

If anyone wants it let me know and I'll add it in a post

Don't know whether if this is considered a "hidden gem" or not but it's certainly a great mod.

Not really well-known:

The Amberstone Weaponry (I like weapons, I also like fire. How about weapons... on fire?)

Relatively well-known:

Melee Weapon Range Fix (because the melee weapons' range in Skyrim is idiotically long)

Crime Bounty Decay (I don't like getting fined after a massacre)

Rayban-like Sunglasses (I like glasses)

No Psychic Lock Knowledge (the name explains it pretty well)

Windstad Pool and Hot Bath for HF (yup, the name blah blah...)

Always Raining (I like rain, what more can I say?)

Clockwork/Clockwork Castle (NOT A HIDDEN GEM, I LOVE THE HOUSE, I LOVE THE MOD, THAT'S THE REASON WHY IT'S HERE)

Permanent Fog  (a very new mod, same thing with Always Raining)

(Always Raining + True Storms + Perma Fog = my fkin wet dream)

And the mod that lets you trade between save files, forgot the name. 

Be careful with melee weapon range fix guys it has a big flaw. The author added significant race edits in order to achieve the fix making it incompatible with about half the mods out there.

Ultimate Mod Explorer, SkyTweak, and Skill Tweak. Makes starting new RP characters a lot easier. Sky Tweak especially allows re-balancing the game like making magic actually powerful among a lot of other options that otherwise would require separate mods to modify thus it saves room for mods.

I have no clue where to find it currently, but once upon a time I had "Master of Disguise": Equip yourself like a member of a faction and they'll (probably) recognize you as one of their own (as will other factions, so better don't look like a bandit with guards around).  IIRC Thalmor and Greybeards were less easy to fool than bandits ("A Khajit Thalmor? You've got to be kidding me..."). The idea is so simple, immersive and damn powerful at the same time (Infiltrate the Necromancer's coven by posing as one of their own...). I wished the original game had something like that and used it in quests. Could be useful in LL mods as well...

NPC Rescaler mod that comes with AIO Animated Pussy.

Hi, any chance you can expand on how to do this? I'm a novice with Bodyslide, but I've been using AIO Animated Pussy and I love it, but I don't see a NPC scaler or any MCM menu for it.

Thanks.

Before installing and running it you should use bodyslide and select a preset that has a lot of variance between weight 0 and weight 100, use the slider on preview to see the difference. I like using the Seraphim preset for this, but adjust the sliders to further accentuate weight 0 and weight 100, make my weight 0 bodies ultra skinny and almost flat, and my weight 100 bodies a bit chubby looking with bigger butts. Then run the batch function including morphs if you use any, and select your installed body, I use UUNP Special cause it already has a built in HDT vag. As for the details on how to use sliders etc. please see the bodyslide tutorial post, and ask there if you still have questions, its a big write up that I just cant do justice here in a paragraph or 2.

After you have a confirmed body of your choice in the game up and working, then do the following:

Unzip / open the AIO Animated Pussy mod, in the folder you will see many, many folders. Scroll down to all the EXTRA folders, and one of them will be called EXTRA_NPCScaleRandomizer drop the files from it into your skyrim/data folder, or install them using your mod manager if you are using any. If you do not know how to do that via mod manager, sorry I can't help you because I install all my mods manually, can't stand either NMM or MO.

Anyways, once installed activate it before launching game, run loot, run FNIS for users, etc. all the regular stuff you usually do when adding mods.

Once in the game, unless your SKYUI is already filled you will get a new MCM menu for it, it will be called NPC Scale Randomizer (or something like that), if your SKYUI is already filled, then get the extension (or expansion?) for it that lets you have more MCM items (I forgot the name of it). It may take some time for it to appear, maybe 10-20 minutes or so while in game. If it doesn't you can also try the following command prompt line: setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Once you have it in your MCM go to it, up the max values, I like having mine around 2-2.2 range, and assign hotkeys for targeting an NPC and randomizing them.

Set your randomize time for around 10 secs or so. Go inside an empty locked structure without any NPCs in it, dont take your followers with you. Run the randomizer thingy for about a minute or 2 or 3, just let it do its thing. It will be one of the checkboxes on top in the MCM. After that, uncheck it so it doesnt continue to non-stop randomize all the NPCs. 

Then leave the house/building and see teh difference. If your followers get randomized to way you don't like, dont panic, jsut target them with the hotkey you assigned and re-randomize until you get results you want, you can even go back to the MCM and set different values if you like for them, then target them and re-randomize to get better results.

Next, you will notce a lot of clothes and armor will not fit the randomized NPCs properly, the gear will be old size on new size NPCs. Don't panick, simply go back to the empty room, save game, exit, re-run body slide re-generating all the outfits using the batch function. Done.

now when you go back into the game everyone will fit perfectly and be all different etc. and on top of that, you can further randomize seperate NPCs via the targeted function if you are after a particular look or dont like how one came out. Though you will need to re-run bodyslide to regenerate outfits to fit them every time you change them.

All in all, just awesome mod.

What makes this far better then the other ones, is that it doesnt use different bodies or textures, or scripts other then when actually randomizing, so it doesn't hog any resources. In fact, you can even completely uninstall it once everything is randomized unless you like keeping it for the targeted function. So this is its biggest advantage over every other mod of this type, and I have tried a few.

Hi, any chance you can expand on how to do this? I'm a novice with Bodyslide, but I've been using AIO Animated Pussy and I love it, but I don't see a NPC scaler or any MCM menu for it.

Thanks.

Before installing and running it you should use bodyslide and select a preset that has a lot of variance between weight 0 and weight 100, use the slider on preview to see the difference. I like using the Seraphim preset for this, but adjust the sliders to further accentuate weight 0 and weight 100, make my weight 0 bodies ultra skinny and almost flat, and my weight 100 bodies a bit chubby looking with bigger butts. Then run the batch function including morphs if you use any, and select your installed body, I use UUNP Special cause it already has a built in HDT vag. As for the details on how to use sliders etc. please see the bodyslide tutorial post, and ask there if you still have questions, its a big write up that I just cant do justice here in a paragraph or 2.

After you have a confirmed body of your choice in the game up and working, then do the following:

Unzip / open the AIO Animated Pussy mod, in the folder you will see many, many folders. Scroll down to all the EXTRA folders, and one of them will be called EXTRA_NPCScaleRandomizer drop the files from it into your skyrim/data folder, or install them using your mod manager if you are using any. If you do not know how to do that via mod manager, sorry I can't help you because I install all my mods manually, can't stand either NMM or MO.

Anyways, once installed activate it before launching game, run loot, run FNIS for users, etc. all the regular stuff you usually do when adding mods.

Once in the game, unless your SKYUI is already filled you will get a new MCM menu for it, it will be called NPC Scale Randomizer (or something like that), if your SKYUI is already filled, then get the extension (or expansion?) for it that lets you have more MCM items (I forgot the name of it). It may take some time for it to appear, maybe 10-20 minutes or so while in game. If it doesn't you can also try the following command prompt line: setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Once you have it in your MCM go to it, up the max values, I like having mine around 2-2.2 range, and assign hotkeys for targeting an NPC and randomizing them.

Set your randomize time for around 10 secs or so. Go inside an empty locked structure without any NPCs in it, dont take your followers with you. Run the randomizer thingy for about a minute or 2 or 3, just let it do its thing. It will be one of the checkboxes on top in the MCM. After that, uncheck it so it doesnt continue to non-stop randomize all the NPCs. 

Then leave the house/building and see teh difference. If your followers get randomized to way you don't like, dont panic, jsut target them with the hotkey you assigned and re-randomize until you get results you want, you can even go back to the MCM and set different values if you like for them, then target them and re-randomize to get better results.

Next, you will notce a lot of clothes and armor will not fit the randomized NPCs properly, the gear will be old size on new size NPCs. Don't panick, simply go back to the empty room, save game, exit, re-run body slide re-generating all the outfits using the batch function. Done.

now when you go back into the game everyone will fit perfectly and be all different etc. and on top of that, you can further randomize seperate NPCs via the targeted function if you are after a particular look or dont like how one came out. Though you will need to re-run bodyslide to regenerate outfits to fit them every time you change them.

All in all, just awesome mod.

What makes this far better then the other ones, is that it doesnt use different bodies or textures, or scripts other then when actually randomizing, so it doesn't hog any resources. In fact, you can even completely uninstall it once everything is randomized unless you like keeping it for the targeted function. So this is its biggest advantage over every other mod of this type, and I have tried a few.

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a try on next new game.

I have no clue where to find it currently, but once upon a time I had "Master of Disguise": Equip yourself like a member of a faction and they'll (probably) recognize you as one of their own (as will other factions, so better don't look like a bandit with guards around).  IIRC Thalmor and Greybeards were less easy to fool than bandits ("A Khajit Thalmor? You've got to be kidding me..."). The idea is so simple, immersive and damn powerful at the same time (Infiltrate the Necromancer's coven by posing as one of their own...). I wished the original game had something like that and used it in quests. Could be useful in LL mods as well...

I used this mod but found that it clogged up my system. I now use Faction Amulets - provides player with either an amulet or ring. As it's a Nexus mod it needs to have Sexlab.esm added as a master and then the 'sexlab no-strip' keywork can be added to the amulets and rings - otherwise if your charcater strips off for sex then she's also lost her cover...

I used this mod but found that it clogged up my system. I now use Faction Amulets - provides player with either an amulet or ring. As it's a Nexus mod it needs to have Sexlab.esm added as a master and then the 'sexlab no-strip' keywork can be added to the amulets and rings - otherwise if your charcater strips off for sex then she's also lost her cover...

Thanks for the Faction Amulets tip. I have used Become a Highwayman, another hidden gem, I think.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37545/?

There was a very old HDT and xml that was very realistic and subtle.  It wasnt very noticeable, but anytime i changed it or removed it, i realized what a difference and how great it actually was.  Realistic breast, butt, and thigh movement and not ridiculous.  Althought it was somewhat unstable, it was still usable.  I have no idea where it actually came from but i always kept it because from that point on, in my opinion hdt and the fad of making so called "clean" weight paints went in a worse direction.  so i copied a mix of my own weight paints and tbbp paints to all my clothing mods i downloaded which help give it that realistic movement.

Thanks.

you may have to uninstall then reinstall its in the choice box when you load it up

east reach house [love the hidden room]

I was curious if anyone has mods they recommend using that they believe has low visibility on the site? I'm sure with the thousands of files here it is easy for some to slip under the radar.

Well written quests that have few conflicts and even fewer bugs are always nice to see, but really just curious what you would recommend no matter what category.

I have been unable to find it seperate anywhere and I spent quite a bit of time looking. I literally download AIO Animated pussy for it and can't play without it.

What it does, is make your Skyrim super immersive, basically, makes all the NPCs different, even if you use same body on them all thus not using anywhere near the resources as the mods that require different bodies and textures to achieve the same. This mod rescales not just entire bodies, but body parts (regions) such as breasts, belly, butt, and weight and height as well.

The way you use it is 1st use a body via bodyslide that has both low and max weight, set your sliders to your desire for lowest weight 0 (mine is super skinny) and highest (mine is voluptuous, almost chubby). Then when you start your game and are just in the cell from Alternate Start, just go into the MCM, set up your minimum and maximum values, and let it run automatically for a bit ( a couple minutes), all via MCM. And of course, you can also set up the hotkeys in the MCM and target an NPC and change them in game if you dont like the way they look on top of that.

Then when you finally go into the game you get many NPCs with great variety, some are skinny, some fat, most inbetween, some can be skinny with big butts, some the other way around, some tall, some short. For example one can be short with big butt, mid breasts, another can be tall with super big boobs, and big butt, another can be mid height and be very slim and skinny, etc.

I only hope that once SKSE64 and MCM for it are out, someone, somewhere will properly convert it for SSE. Just an awesome mod.

npc body scale randomizer on ll? always ask google they know

The rescaler thing sounds awesome. I use RBS which works but is somewhat clunky and pretty much forces you to use CBBS. EBD sounded promising but it was never clear to me what it actually varies (not weight, from the description).

Does this mod also rescale males? That's the most important thing missing from RBS; I use another mod for that (forgot the name) but it's a total resource hog

Definitely NPC Visual Transfer, you got an awesome quest mod but has ugly as hell NPCs? Replace them with popular follower mods! Don't like the look of Lydia but you really like a specific follower mod? Replacer it! Super easy to set up and easy to use. You can even replace npcs with animals and vice versa. I replaced the Golden Saint and Dark Seducers with Priscialla the baptized Dremora and Umbra, respectively. Now conjuration isn't as boring with some sexy as hell daedra helping out.

List of all the npcs i have replaced with follower mods.

post-48180-0-96512400-1486792597_thumb.png

"Little Sexy Apparel Replacer" is also very good a "partial" stripping. Meaning, that it works pretty well, with devious devices. Forced to wear an chastity belt? LSAR just strips of enough clothing to make place for it, removing part of your skirt, instead of the vanilla "remove everything or nothing".

works well with estrus,estrus also a gem .....great topic by the way ...tried five new mods already

The rescaler thing sounds awesome. I use RBS which works but is somewhat clunky and pretty much forces you to use CBBS. EBD sounded promising but it was never clear to me what it actually varies (not weight, from the description).

Does this mod also rescale males? That's the most important thing missing from RBS; I use another mod for that (forgot the name) but it's a total resource hog

its lighter than rbs and has individual settings  but doesn't change anims or how they walk but I have fnis sexymove and prefer unp7b and it scales everybody

A few other mods I consider essential (but not sure if they're hidden gems)

Simply Knock - you can knock on doors instead of picking the lock, some will let you in, some will you to go away

Interesting NPCs - adds about 150 new NPCs, many of them with new quests

Immersive Patrols - puts more Imperials and Stormcloaks on patrol with some great fights when they clash. Also adds Bandits, Thalamor and Dawnguard patrols.

Auto Equip Ammo - equips/unequips arrows when you use a bow.

Real Names is good with Apropos. Clears up the issue of NPCs all having the same names. 

There's also the HDT body mesh replacer for SOS, which I honestly can't remember how I found. I recommend using the no feet version and installing Skysight Skins over the top with the improved foot meshes.

Oh, and if you play a Khajiit often, the Khajiit Ears Show script for Tes5Edit is a must-have. 

Besides the obvious mods (SkyUI, Sexlab itself, etc), this mod is I think the biggest game changer of them all: AddItemMenu.

It lets you just take items from installed mods instead of console commanding them in one-by-one. If you install/test a lot of clothing mods like I do, it will probably saves hours of your life.

Another great mod is Quick Loot. It gives you Fallout4-style looting in Skyrim.

Edit: Oh, I'm guessing the theme is adult mods since this is the adult subforum. If that's the case, I'd say SexLab Tools. It makes it easy to switch SexLab animations. I like menus and UI improvements, lol. One that I really wish worked in SexLab 1.60+ is SexLab Leveling

There was a very old HDT and xml that was very realistic and subtle. It wasnt very noticeable, but anytime i changed it or removed it, i realized what a difference and how great it actually was. Realistic breast, butt, and thigh movement and not ridiculous. Althought it was somewhat unstable, it was still usable. I have no idea where it actually came from but i always kept it because from that point on, in my opinion hdt and the fad of making so called "clean" weight paints went in a worse direction. so i copied a mix of my own weight paints and tbbp paints to all my clothing mods i downloaded which help give it that realistic movement.

Where'd you get it?

Archived