The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

Make sure you are importing them in the studio as animation clips and not animation poses. There are two tabs to choose from.

They are imported as clips on my side

Do i have the correct version of studio?

I follwed up with orangemittens at sims 4 studio and she said i am running the correct version of studio.....im really confused what the problem could be

I dont think the studio has anything to do with it. I still make mine with Jackpot though to be honest because I know it works but I dont think Harmony has a problem. PM a blender file if you want to take a look at it.

Uuhhm. by the way, What version of Blender are you using?

I dont think the studio has anything to do with it. I still make mine with Jackpot though to be honest because I know it works but I dont think Harmony has a problem. PM a blender file if you want to take a look at it.

I was abke to fix the problem it was the package editor version....

But once iv done everything the animation shows in game but when played the sims just stand ontop of eachother and dont act it out

But once iv done everything the animation shows in game but when played the sims just stand ontop of eachother and dont act it out

I am using the blender that comes with the sims 4 studio

no you are not supposed to rename it

tro to validate the xml using this https://www.xmlvalidation.com/

I validated the xml using this webpage (i saw it a couple pages back here for redabyss who was asking about his xml) it said no errors found...

Iv also re-done the package file so many times using turbodrivers tutorials to see if i missed any steps but nothing it still does the same thing....the WW picks up my animatio. With the name bit the sims dont act it out

hmm, look at how you saved the animations again, and see if you did anything wrong there.

it sound like it either is a save problem or the wrong animation names in the xml, but i could be wrong.

What should the animation from blender be saved as?..... As far as the animating goes i followed all the steps and then saved it....is there anything specific i need to be doing

Sorry for all the questions ????, any help i can get is really appreciated

When u say animation names in the xml (what names am i using there?., the ones the studio created?)

Guest Redabyss

This I can help you with! You probably wrote something wrong in the XML, most likely the names in the correct spaces.

yes the ones s4s created. When you save you need to make sure the files only have one actor in it. Then when exporting the files afterwards you need two files per animation the clip and the chld. The names of the animations would be something like this Zorak:PosePack_201612071705349640_set_260

This I can help you with! You probably wrote something wrong in the XML, most likely the names in the correct spaces.

Thanks so much, what must i do?, ????

yes the ones s4s created. When you save you need to make sure the files only have one actor in it. Then when exporting the files afterwards you need two files per animation the clip and the chld. The names of the animations would be something like this Zorak:PosePack_201612071705349640_set_260

So on the xml ill input the long name as stated above my animation name?

it should look like this <T n="animation_name">Zorak:PosePack_201612071705349640_set_260</T>  but your animations generated name ofc.

You can see what the animation clip name is if you open you file in s4pe and click the clip file. 

In the first section near the bottom there is a space that says Clipname:   Will look kinda like this "ClipName: Zorak:PosePack_201612071705349640_set_256"

it should look like this <T n="animation_name">Zorak:PosePack_201612071705349640_set_260</T> but your animations generated name ofc.

You can see what the animation clip name is if you open you file in s4pe and click the clip file.

In the first section near the bottom there is a space that says Clipname: Will look kinda like this "ClipName: Zorak:PosePack_201612071705349640_set_256"

Ok it plays the animation but they still standing inside each other instead of facing eachother

You should extract someone else's XML and compare it to yours, to see where you wrote wrong stuff :)

Also I made this reference for someone else, maybe it can be useful to you: http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/post-1326409-0-12186500-1486671850.png

Ok it plays the animation but they still standing inside each other instead of facing eachother