The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

8 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Good luck!

I hope you're having fun with it,

On the top right block where you select the rigs and meshes etc, there's a "eye" icon, just click it to toggle it on/off 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Just A Gamer said:

After debating I've decided I'm going to try as well.

No harm in trying, right? :3

5 hours ago, Just A Gamer said:

After debating I've decided I'm going to try as well. This may be a question of personal preference but what rigs do you prefer and why? I found so many.

There's many different kinds but as a beginner I've found it easier to use the ones linked in turbo's page,

This suits me and what I want to create but ultimately I'm still getting used to a lot of it,

Some prefer the rig made by dagger to start with as it comes with more assisted features for locking limbs etc,

It's best to experiment and see what suits what you're looking to create

It's awfully quiet in here. So let's shake it up. 

Playing around in Blender with facial expressions. (while having sex) My intentions are to use these in larger animations. As soon as I figured out how to use the NLA editor in Blender, that is. I found some tutorials that explain it in an understandable way.  This is the first step. (Btw, sorry for the poorly edited vid. Still learning ?)

2 hours ago, kortjakje said:

It's awfully quiet in here. So let's shake it up. 

Playing around in Blender with facial expressions. (while having sex) My intentions are to use these in larger animations. As soon as I figured out how to use the NLA editor in Blender, that is. I found some tutorials that explain it in an understandable way.  This is the first step. (Btw, sorry for the poorly edited vid. Still learning ?)

It used to be pretty active here but since Zivyx and some others are not here anymore for some reasons, the thread need more people like you.

14 hours ago, doxian said:

In the properties tab of the N menu, there is an fk/ik slider. Sliding it down to zero will give you fk. The ik to fk switch will only appear if you have either the ik hands or feet selected.

293.png.e3fe95d94f90be11a1c97fddd29bfb2e.png

17 hours ago, X-2 said:

In the properties tab of the N menu, there is an fk/ik slider. Sliding it down to zero will give you fk. The ik to fk switch will only appear if you have either the ik hands or feet selected.

Thanks so much!!!! Now I'm going to start practicing.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:14 PM, Just A Gamer said:

After debating I've decided I'm going to try as well. This may be a question of personal preference but what rigs do you prefer and why? I found so many.

daggers rig, you have more features and if you don't want to use them just don't use them.

But FK/IK feature is a must have for me.

Hi, I was messing about in blender mostly just to get a rough idea of how it works, and I came across an issue that I can't seem to solve on my own...

Basically, one of the actors is tilted forward when I test the animation in game, but it isn't so in blender

Spoiler

Alignment1.jpg.43841f8a62a7d8fb8d46896d6da24fc9.jpg

Alignment2.jpg.8afd9608d8dbb7b37e9f17719f9a8820.jpg

Any ideas as to what would cause this?

Well, have a nice day

2 hours ago, Corpus Vile said:

Hi, I was messing about in blender mostly just to get a rough idea of how it works, and I came across an issue that I can't seem to solve on my own...

Basically, one of the actors is tilted forward when I test the animation in game, but it isn't so in blender

Reveal hidden contents

Well, have a nice day

Hi!

Normally this is the result of moving the rig in object mode before switching to pose mode,

To fix it up you'll need to put it back into object mode and then recenter the rig, 

After, switch back to pose mode and then move to the desired position,

Fastest way to do this is to append a fresh rig, switch to pose,

Highlight and loc rot all bones, press "a" then "I"

Now copy/paste the info on the dope sheet to the new rig,

Ctrl c then Ctrl v 

Now delete the old rig and you should be set

3 hours ago, Corpus Vile said:

Reveal hidden contents

Alignment1.jpg.43841f8a62a7d8fb8d46896d6da24fc9.jpg

Alignment2.jpg.8afd9608d8dbb7b37e9f17719f9a8820.jpg

Well, have a nice day

What are you doing with the empty's here?  How did you set it up?

3 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Hi!

Normally this is the result of moving the rig in object mode before switching to pose mode,

To fix it up you'll need to put it back into object mode and then recenter the rig, 

After, switch back to pose mode and then move to the desired position,

Fastest way to do this is to append a fresh rig, switch to pose,

Highlight and loc rot all bones, press "a" then "I"

Now copy/paste the info on the dope sheet to the new rig,

Ctrl c then Ctrl v 

Now delete the old rig and you should be set

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't seem to solve the main problem, the only difference is that since I hadn't set up all the IK stuff on the new rig the animation looked slightly different, but still "displaced" like the previous one. I must have done something fundamentally wrong at some point (and related to IK, maybe? I'm at a loss), blender's interface feels really clunky to me

2 hours ago, X-2 said:

What are you doing with the empty's here?  How did you set it up?

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "empty"... if you mean the "points" in mid-air (yeah, these are probably not the proper technical terms lol) those are "targets" for wrists and ankles, I found that linking hand and foot bones to such targets (and then moving said targets instead of the whole limb) helps to make the whole thing look a bit smoother

Probably not the ideal way to go about this, but it *seemed* to work for me

2 hours ago, Corpus Vile said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't seem to solve the main problem, the only difference is that since I hadn't set up all the IK stuff on the new rig the animation looked slightly different, but still "displaced" like the previous one. I must have done something fundamentally wrong at some point (and related to IK, maybe? I'm at a loss), blender's interface feels really clunky to me

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "empty"... if you mean the "points" in mid-air (yeah, these are probably not the proper technical terms lol) those are "targets" for wrists and ankles, I found that linking hand and foot bones to such targets (and then moving said targets instead of the whole limb) helps to make the whole thing look a bit smoother

Probably not the ideal way to go about this, but it *seemed* to work for me

Thank you for the explanation.

Hi guys,

I recently decided to take a crack at animating for Wicked Whims. I exported a short test animation (go easy, it's my first attempt), and everything up to the S4Studio package file works fine.

The tutorial says to download S4PE, however I can't find a version that works on Mac. Am I screwed if I'm a Mac user? If any of you animate on Mac, what do you do to get the package file ready for WW?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I've been playing this mods for a long time now and i'm loving it. I kept asking myself how do these people do this, animating stuff. Looks kinda hard. So, i decided that i wanted to try to do one. Wish me luck, guys. And uh, how do you work with the new body rig, i can't even move without the breast mesh into space.  

23 minutes ago, alust said:

Hi guys,

I've been playing this mods for a long time now and i'm loving it. I kept asking myself how do these people do this, animating stuff. Looks kinda hard. So, i decided that i wanted to try to do one. Wish me luck, guys. And uh, how do you work with the new body rig, i can't even move without the breast mesh into space.  

Wich rig do you use ?

use this one, easy for beginer and good for advanced animator

19 minutes ago, doan77 said:

Wich rig do you use ?

use this one, easy for beginer and good for advanced animator

Well i use the one from the early post, the Turbodriver one. In fact i managed to do well in that rig after a few hours. I'm new to this blender software .For the above rig, i tried to animate it but the interface of blender completely changes and I cant put a single bone into animation. If you know how to use Simite rig then please show me, thank you.

38 minutes ago, alust said:

Well i use the one from the early post, the Turbodriver one. In fact i managed to do well in that rig after a few hours. I'm new to this blender software .For the above rig, i tried to animate it but the interface of blender completely changes and I cant put a single bone into animation. If you know how to use Simite rig then please show me, thank you.

if you are really new with anything animation related, better stay with the original rig, the time you understand how blender work and the basics of animating.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, SapphoSynergy said:

Hi guys,

I recently decided to take a crack at animating for Wicked Whims. I exported a short test animation (go easy, it's my first attempt), and everything up to the S4Studio package file works fine.

The tutorial says to download S4PE, however I can't find a version that works on Mac. Am I screwed if I'm a Mac user? If any of you animate on Mac, what do you do to get the package file ready for WW?

Thanks.

Animation Test.mov

Hey I hope you're still having fun trying out animating, all hope is not lost, you can actually use S4S for everything needed, S4PE is still a useful tool but its not exactly necissary for making an animation package.

You can import/export and modify XML's with S4S along with creating clean packages or modifying existing ones. I can't exactly type out a full tutorial on how to do these things but if you send me a personal message with questions as and when you hit a part you can't do I can respond with the solutions to these one at a time untill you're familiar enough to do it all.

1 hour ago, alust said:

If you use the rig's I shared then make sure to spend some time reading the post I shared them on, maybe spend some time getting familiar with the interface and how to adjust it back to the way you like because it saves some of those things in each blend file so I can't make it saved for everyones different personal interface options.

You can also private message me anytime if you need some help using or understanding some of the functions to the rigs, I'm not the best animator but I've spent enough time on these rigs to know them inside and out.

Hello again,

so, i tried at animating and well progress are good so far. But after i finish with my animation, how do i export it under 'baking animation'. i read that i just can't export blender file just like that into sims4studio. So, any guide, guys.

Screenshot (30).png

3 hours ago, alust said:

Hello again,

so, i tried at animating and well progress are good so far. But after i finish with my animation, how do i export it under 'baking animation'. i read that i just can't export blender file just like that into sims4studio. So, any guide, guys.

Screenshot (30).png

Select the "rig female" in the box on the right, make the bones visable by hitting the eye symbol next to it and select all the bones by hitting "a" key in the main animation box.

Now that you have all the origional EA bones selected click the pose tab at the bottom of the main animation widow, then select animation tab and then select bake action.

In these options make sure you have visual keying ticked and also remove constraints also ticked, then hit the bake button.

Blender will usually lag for a moment while it bakes all the data onto the original EA rig, now you can right click the "rig control female" and delete it, also delete any physics that are left over from control rig such as L/R.Breast phys  or Testicle phys. depending on the rig.

Now you should have only the origional EA rig remaining and when you hit the play button it does the animation you made with the control rig, if there is any problems at this point you've made a mistake when baking. If there is no problems and you have followed all the steps then the animation is ready to export to S4S from the blend file.