[2018 April 17 - Horse Riding Animations + Fix][Skyrim SE] Tera Elin Race

The problem you are experiencing is caused by the hand mesh not matching the body mesh or more specifically the arms.

If you install the files for CBBE then replace the hand meshes for one created by bodyslide for a different body, you will experience wrist seams or gaps.  The same will happen when mixing body type meshes whether it's the body or an outfit.

If you are using an outfit meant for one of the base CBBE bodies (slim, curvy, etc.) then replace the Elin hand meshes with the appropriate CBBE hands. 

Example;  if the outfit is for CBBE slim then replace the Elin hands with the base CBBE slim hands.  If there are no CBBE slim hands then use the default CBBE hands.

Since you mention you are not creating outfits (via bodyslide) the above solution should work. 

If you decide to customize an outfit using bodyslide, make sure you also create the hands using the same preset you used to create the outfit.

I found out you can fix the NEW npcs by doing the npcweight on 35, however doesn`t work perfectly on the replacers as the skins still don`t match, plus it's not like i can just go doing this on every single new npc..

plus this absolutely refuses to work altogether with mods like Diversity even if i put lower than it in the modlist, making me have black faces..its a different problem i know.

I desactivated every mod that had conflict with the replacers and i still encounter the mismatch.

So i`m just going assume it`s the mod itself, well if anyone does not encounter this then tag me.

ScreenShot38.png

(right here is after the npc weight command, which made the skin and hair fit more the color because it was way whiter than this, but because of the neck not fitting the body its what looks like, so technically there`s not only a skin color mismatch for base but even if they match..close then the neck still refuses to accept.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, Icarus- said:

Couldn't you just make loose gen files for the NPC replacer? it would make this a lot easier, i think USSEP is causing this and i can't remove it no matter what.

The fact they are generation based only makes this really hard.

On 11/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, Icarus- said:

I found out you can fix the NEW npcs by doing the npcweight on 35, however doesn`t work perfectly on the replacers as the skins still don`t match, plus it's not like i can just go doing this on every single new npc..

plus this absolutely refuses to work altogether with mods like Diversity even if i put lower than it in the modlist, making me have black faces..its a different problem i know.

USSEP of USLEEP?

The head textures will not perfectly match the body.  The textures for the body come from various CBBE or UNP texture sets, the Elin head continues using the original Elin textures.  The difference applies to the diffuse and normal maps. 

Also, the Elin head does not perfectly rest on the CBBE or UNP body because the mesh seams do not match.  There will be a seam even if the textures perfectly match because of the mesh seams.

16 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

USSEP of USLEEP?

The head textures will not perfectly match the body.  The textures for the body come from various CBBE or UNP texture sets, the Elin head continues using the original Elin textures.  The difference applies to the diffuse and normal maps. 

Also, the Elin head does not perfectly rest on the CBBE or UNP body because the mesh seams do not match.  There will be a seam even if the textures perfectly match because of the mesh seams.

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

but in Oldrim it was matching nice, what changed in SE to lead to this?

21 hours ago, Icarus- said:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

but in Oldrim it was matching nice, what changed in SE to lead to this?

If USSEP somehow messes with the Elins, I never knew because I never used USSEP, didn't see any need for it during the time I played SSE.  When I (re)install SSE, I'll have a cursory test to see if I'm experiencing the same problems with seams.

On 11/1/2017 at 2:52 AM, Pzrs said:

Does this mean I can use those armors if I use ElinNewBody UNP part of the mod pack? If so I think I might have done something wrong when installing because it shows the "form" for the armors, but it doesn't show any of the, I guess the right word would be "coloring". Put another way: the shape is the same as how it should look based on the screenshots in the files, but in game they are grey instead of colored in.

I have the same issue with the textures not being there, I did open the esp in sseedit and noticed there is no texture set tab, I'm not a modder myself so I'm unsure if this has anything to do with it or not, but the other armor mods I use do have said tab.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 6:32 PM, Icarus- said:

Hey are you still updating this with the things we agreed to? plus finding a fix for the skin not matching, and i had tested it without usleep and it was still same thing but feel free to try it out, if you're still alive.

I have not forgotten.  After months of being away from gaming and modding in general I have recently started playing Skyrim again.  However, I'm running different profiles for Elin 1 and 2 for Skyrim LE and SE.  Playing, basically, the same game for 4 different profiles just so I can fix and update these 2 races.

First round of updates will be for Skyrim LE and second round will be for Skyrim SE.  Since any changes or fixes will be done on the SLE files in order to convert to SSE, it would make sense to release those updates in that order.

7 hours ago, angelwei said:

I'll have a look.  If you don't mind, I'm going to port the original head and body so that their outfits will be for that body.

If the outfits contain sections of their bodies then I'll have to clean them and either refit the outfits with the complete body or leave it out.

You want them for Skyrim SE?  LE?  Both?

I might port them to Fallout 4 but, it's too early to give a definitive answer.

4 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

I'll have a look.  If you don't mind, I'm going to port the original head and body so that their outfits will be for that body.

If the outfits contain sections of their bodies then I'll have to clean them and either refit the outfits with the complete body or leave it out.

You want them for Skyrim SE?  LE?  Both?

I might port them to Fallout 4 but, it's too early to give a definitive answer.

I hope to use my body and let this dress be used on skyrim LE and SE.
Thank you very much for your reply.

7 hours ago, angelwei said:

I hope to use my body and let this dress be used on skyrim LE and SE.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Will you will be making the alterations to the outfits to fit your own body?  If so, I'll go ahead and convert the outfits as-is.

If not, I'll need the body files you are using, PM if you want to.

On 1/27/2019 at 8:45 PM, PsychoMachina said:

Will you will be making the alterations to the outfits to fit your own body?  If so, I'll go ahead and convert the outfits as-is.

If not, I'll need the body files you are using, PM if you want to.

I will use Bodyslide to modify the clothes. You can use Elinrace's Default body to make clothes.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, angelwei said:

I will use Bodyslide to modify the clothes. You can use Elinrace's Default body to make clothes.

I can make them fit the current default body.  Also the outfits come with sections separate from the main mesh like a jigsaw puzzle, need to weld those pieces then separate the gloves and stockings/boots.

954836543_blenderscreen.jpg.82cae2c7da91cba69364854a746d75e7.jpg

3 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

I can make them fit the current default body.  Also the outfits come with sections separate from the main mesh like a jigsaw puzzle, need to weld those pieces then separate the gloves and stockings/boots.

954836543_blenderscreen.jpg.82cae2c7da91cba69364854a746d75e7.jpg

This looks great!! but I prefer the pink suit. Will you make that suit?