[2018 April 17 - Horse Riding Animations + Fix][Skyrim SE] Tera Elin Race

Ok, been using this mod on Skyrim since I started playing it again early last year and back to use the SSE version now that I actually have a laptop that I can actually play Skyrim SE with mods on (and on max at that) and have a few odd bugs to report that I don't see mentioned:

1. When you become vampire the 1st person camera gets (once again) broken but this time you can't fix it by re-saving/going inside in 3rd person so you're stuck seeing from where your chest should be.
  2. The NPCs randomly switch dimensions to normal adult size when using some stuff (forge, sitting on a fence, tanning rack) but not some others (they don't seem to re-size when using the grindstone or sitting on the signs in Whiterun).

I am pretty sure at least fixing the 1st person camera would require SKSE but not sure why becoming vampire breaks it.

Also didn't think SKSE was required to keep NPC elins normal size when interacting with some objects and it again is pretty odd to me that they only do that for some objects.

On another note I guess there is still no vampire lord form for this race, right? (I did not try that yet cause I am totally not far enough in the game to become vampire lord without breaking stuff so disregard my next set of questions if a vampire lord form has indeed been added)

I know at a point in time you were trying to add it but then seemed like you gave up or never managed to do it? (been lurking on the elin race threads since a while and pretty much nowhere else on this forum, lol)

Is a vampire lord form still on the to-do list?/Could you perhaps at least just keep the normal elin shape and add the normal vampire lord wings (?) like the "better vampire lord transformation" mod from nexus does (not sure if I am allowed to post links to that or even talk about other mods so sorry if I'm in the wrong here, as I said I didn't spend much time on this forum outside of the elin race threads)?

1.  Not sure, I never played vampire much less vampire lord.  Isn't vampire lord considered a separate race which uses it's own assets (i.e. skeletons)?

If so then the Elin camera fix will not transfer over to them.  The solution is to wait until someone makes an SSE 1st-person camera mod once SKSE64 is ready.

2.  This is a bug with the game.  Furniture and anyplace that have animation markers for adults can have a special marker called Race2Scale which changes the size of the NPC so that the animation plays out without visual oddities, for example, clipping into the furniture.  When the animation ends, the game is suppose to return the NPC to the original size, but sometimes this glitches and they stay adult size.

To date, I have not idea what can be done to fix this other than scale down the furniture and objects.

Going back to the vampire lord topic,  I can look into making the Elin keep her appearance when changing into vampire lord form.

Ok, been using this mod on Skyrim since I started playing it again early last year and back to use the SSE version now that I actually have a laptop that I can actually play Skyrim SE with mods on (and on max at that) and have a few odd bugs to report that I don't see mentioned:

1. When you become vampire the 1st person camera gets (once again) broken but this time you can't fix it by re-saving/going inside in 3rd person so you're stuck seeing from where your chest should be.
  2. The NPCs randomly switch dimensions to normal adult size when using some stuff (forge, sitting on a fence, tanning rack) but not some others (they don't seem to re-size when using the grindstone or sitting on the signs in Whiterun).

I am pretty sure at least fixing the 1st person camera would require SKSE but not sure why becoming vampire breaks it.

Also didn't think SKSE was required to keep NPC elins normal size when interacting with some objects and it again is pretty odd to me that they only do that for some objects.

On another note I guess there is still no vampire lord form for this race, right? (I did not try that yet cause I am totally not far enough in the game to become vampire lord without breaking stuff so disregard my next set of questions if a vampire lord form has indeed been added)

I know at a point in time you were trying to add it but then seemed like you gave up or never managed to do it? (been lurking on the elin race threads since a while and pretty much nowhere else on this forum, lol)

Is a vampire lord form still on the to-do list?/Could you perhaps at least just keep the normal elin shape and add the normal vampire lord wings (?) like the "better vampire lord transformation" mod from nexus does (not sure if I am allowed to post links to that or even talk about other mods so sorry if I'm in the wrong here, as I said I didn't spend much time on this forum outside of the elin race threads)?

1.  Not sure, I never played vampire much less vampire lord.  Isn't vampire lord considered a separate race which uses it's own assets (i.e. skeletons)?

If so then the Elin camera fix will not transfer over to them.  The solution is to wait until someone makes an SSE 1st-person camera mod once SKSE64 is ready.

2.  This is a bug with the game.  Furniture and anyplace that have animation markers for adults can have a special marker called Race2Scale which changes the size of the NPC so that the animation plays out without visual oddities, for example, clipping into the furniture.  When the animation ends, the game is suppose to return the NPC to the original size, but sometimes this glitches and they stay adult size.

To date, I have not idea what can be done to fix this other than scale down the furniture and objects.

Going back to the vampire lord topic,  I can look into making the Elin keep her appearance when changing into vampire lord form.

1. I was actually talking about normal vampire not vampire lord there, didn't look into Skyrim modding in a while but IIRC both Vampire and Vampire Lord are different races (I am sure about vampire lord, not sure about normal vampire as well) and the camera just goes chest level on normal vampire, also when I said "become vampire" I was talking about the "get infected, wait 3 days now you're a vampire" thing?
  2. Ok, I did actually not notice that happening in normal/old Skyrim while playing with your mod for months, lol.

EDIT: I feel like I'm actually failing to explain the whole wrong vampire camera thing: you don't get resized, you are in elin form/size but instead of looking face to face to other elin after you become vampire you look up at them like, point of view is in the chest.

<snip>
  1. I was actually talking about normal vampire not vampire lord there, didn't look into Skyrim modding in a while but IIRC both Vampire and Vampire Lord are different races (I am sure about vampire lord, not sure about normal vampire as well) and the camera just goes chest level on normal vampire, also when I said "become vampire" I was talking about the "get infected, wait 3 days now you're a vampire" thing?
  2. Ok, I did actually not notice that happening in normal/old Skyrim while playing with your mod for months, lol.

EDIT: I feel like I'm actually failing to explain the whole wrong vampire camera thing: you don't get resized, you are in elin form/size but instead of looking face to face to other elin after you become vampire you look up at them like, point of view is in the chest.

The 1st-person camera fix is far from perfect and subject to the camera height being inconsistent some of the time.  Until SKSE6 is complete and the 1st-person and 3rd-person camera mods updated for SSE, the only reliable solution is to remove the Elin camera fix.  This will revert the camera to vanilla adult height, but at least it's consistent.

This is why, for the Elin for old Skyrim, I dumped the camera fix and highly recommended the camera mods listed on the main post.

UPDATE - Elin Race Voice Complete v2

FILE:  SSE OPTION ElinRace Voice Complete v2-20170222.

There was a problem with the script not working properly which caused some dragon shouts to use the Elin voice files while others were silent.  I was able to fix this by adding the edited voice formlists to the new Elin voice plugin.
Added the Elin Voicetype to additional voice formlists that were not handled by the original script.

Tested all of the shouts from Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn and the custom (Elin) voices played for the associated shout words.  The only exception was Soul Tear which remained silent.  I have not started the Dawnguard quest so I obtained and unlocked the shouts using console commands.  Whether using the console commands without progressing the Dawnguard quest is the cause for Soul Tear being silent, I'm not exactly sure.

If anyone has finished or in the later stages of the Dawnguard quest and unlocked Soul Tear, let me know if the Elin voice plays when using the shout.

Requirements

The Elin Race main package which contains the previous Elin voice files.

INSTALLATION
1)  After installing the Elin race main package files, delete the following:

• ElinRaceVoice.esp (old plugin).
  • SCRIPTS > x2chElin_FemaleElinVoiceController.pex (script file).

2)  Extract the Elin Race Voice v2 archive and copy/paste "ElinRace_Voice.esp" and the SOUND folder to where you have the Elin race main files installed or use a mod manager, allow overwriting of the voice files.

Hey i really like your mod but i play on xbox one and was wondering if you might port it over or have someone port it over at somepoint in the future.

No.

The Elins use ripped contents from the Tera mmo game.  It will be obvious that the devs, BluHole Studios, will not allow contents from their own game to be uploaded to another game dev's website for another game.

The Skyrim Elins have also been worked on by other people, in the past, and use assets from other mods.

Hey i really like your mod but i play on xbox one and was wondering if you might port it over or have someone port it over at somepoint in the future.

No.

The Elins use ripped contents from the Tera mmo game.  It will be obvious that the devs, BluHole Studios, will not allow contents from their own game to be uploaded to another game dev's website for another game.

The Skyrim Elins have also been worked on by other people, in the past, and use assets from other mods.

What about when the consoles that have Skyrim SE get hacked, would there be any chance of porting it over for those that have hacked consoles?

Saying that cause I am sure it will be possible to add mods from unofficial sources like you can add (some) mods to normal Skyrim on Xbox 360 if you have a mod like RGH.

And on that note I pretty much expect the Switch to be the first console hacked cause it's Nintendo.

No.

What about when the consoles that have Skyrim SE get hacked, would there be any chance of porting it over for those that have hacked consoles?

Saying that cause I am sure it will be possible to add mods from unofficial sources like you can add (some) mods to normal Skyrim on Xbox 360 if you have a mod like RGH.

And on that note I pretty much expect the Switch to be the first console hacked cause it's Nintendo.

Not going to happen.  Asking to port something for a hacked console is no different than asking to have a mod work with a pirated game.

No.

Not going to happen.  Asking to port something for a hacked console is no different than asking to have a mod work with a pirated game.

Not really, a hacked console does not necessarily imply the console is able to do piracy, for piracy a kernel mode vulnerability would need to be discovered and that took quite a bit even for the 3DS, an userspace vurlnerability would pretty much only allow homebrew access (take as an example the 3DS: the homebrew channel is pretty easy to install and it does not allow any sort of piracy but it does allow you to run some mods for games you already have installed/have the cart inserted, edit save files and the likes; hacks that allow piracy like a custom firmware are harder to setup and take a lot of time and are the first ones to get patched).

As I said an user mode vulenrability would not allow any sort of piracy and might be enough to allow the utilization of external mods on Skyrim SE.

I do however understand your concerns related to piracy, being a programmer myself I never pirate anything, I do apply any sort of hack to any device I have and have indeed installed a custom firmware/other piracy enabling hacks on my consoles however all the games I ever run I made sure to have in physical format (or at least have ordered and awaiting delivery), rather I apply such hacks for other benefits or just for fun and that sort of usage in my opinion is ok since it does not bring any harm to the company making the hardware/software.

On that idea: one reason I installed custom firmware/mod chips on my consoles was to run emulators and even then I never used any emulator for a system I don't already own or run any game I don't already own since that is the right thing to do in my opinion, I do however still use the emulator even if the system I own is no longer working (PSP broken in half by a friend for example, still run my games on my phone) so I also have a high respect for the companies that produce hardware/software since I am pretty much in the same work environment.

My point is that installing a mod from an external source on a console using an userspace exploit would be in no way different from installing your mod onto purchased Skyrim SE on PC, it is a mod from outside of Bethesda's distribution service/control. Furthermore on a PC nothing would stop anyone to install your mod on a pirated copy of the game which on a console without a kernel exploit would make it impossible to pirate games altogether.

That being said I do understand your piracy concerns and this post was in no way meant to try to convince you, was just posting my opinion and some arguments. I respect your work and decision however since I do not actually lack the knowledge I will probably privately port (or at least attempt to port) this mod for personal usage once the Switch will be hacked as I have done in the past for the Xbox 360 (I had way more mods working on that than you will find "confirmed working" or "ported" anywhere on the internet, even some that required SKSE on the PC) and as I have done in the past will not share it if I do manage to do it.

I'm somewhat familiar with console hacks, just not the processes, but since you are doing something to the console not intended and 'allowed' by MS, I rather not get involved.  If you want to use the Elins for personal use then go ahead as long as you don't upload the files to sites like Bethesda.net.

I'm somewhat familiar with console hacks, just not the processes, but since you are doing something to the console not intended and 'allowed' by MS, I rather not get involved.  If you want to use the Elins for personal use then go ahead as long as you don't upload the files to sites like Bethesda.net.

Game mods have existed since forever and have been able to run on the real console using some sort of hack (as long as the game mod does not have requirements which the console can not provide) and no one has ever done anything about them and in this case it would probably be even less possible cause the game allows mods by default, I am not even sure they can even do anything about them cause even Nintendo which does go against fangames has not been able to do anything about fangames made as mods for other games or even recreations of their games made for other games (ie: pixelmon for minecraft).

In either case it if something could be done about it it would probably not be by either Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft (manufacturers of the consoles for which Skyrim SE exists and supports mods) or Bethesda (as long as it is not uploaded on their server) but EnMasse (they own the rights over Tera, right? Not even sure anymore since there are so many versions of Tera).

Also about the unintended modifications, Microsoft and Sony have always done something against that but not affecting mod creators or even hack creators much (except patching vulnerabilities out) and that is ban any hacked console from accessing their servers altogether. And about Nintendo...they have never been great in terms of security so I would not be surprised if we were actually able to add mods from outside of Bethesda's system into Skyrim SE without even needing to hack the console at all...could initially even be as simple as connecting the console to a computer and copying the files over but that's to be seen.

And on the personal port thing...if I do manage to make it when the Switch gets a way to load external mods for Skyrim SE I will send it to you by PM, it is your creation so you can then decide if you want to release that version as well, obviously I would give support for the port where needed.

But let's not put our hopes up, I haven't used the CK in a long time (when I was porting mods for the Xbox 360) and have no idea what the differences are between PC Skyrim SE and console Skyrim SE so it might not even be possible.

Game mods have existed since forever and have been able to run on the real console using some sort of hack (as long as the game mod does not have requirements which the console can not provide) and no one has ever done anything about them and in this case it would probably be even less possible cause the game allows mods by default, I am not even sure they can even do anything about them cause even Nintendo which does go against fangames has not been able to do anything about fangames made as mods for other games or even recreations of their games made for other games (ie: pixelmon for minecraft).

In either case it if something could be done about it it would probably not be by either Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft (manufacturers of the consoles for which Skyrim SE exists and supports mods) or Bethesda (as long as it is not uploaded on their server) but EnMasse (they own the rights over Tera, right? Not even sure anymore since there are so many versions of Tera).

Also about the unintended modifications, Microsoft and Sony have always done something against that but not affecting mod creators or even hack creators much (except patching vulnerabilities out) and that is ban any hacked console from accessing their servers altogether. And about Nintendo...they have never been great in terms of security so I would not be surprised if we were actually able to add mods from outside of Bethesda's system into Skyrim SE without even needing to hack the console at all...could initially even be as simple as connecting the console to a computer and copying the files over but that's to be seen.

And on the personal port thing...if I do manage to make it when the Switch gets a way to load external mods for Skyrim SE I will send it to you by PM, it is your creation so you can then decide if you want to release that version as well, obviously I would give support for the port where needed.

But let's not put our hopes up, I haven't used the CK in a long time (when I was porting mods for the Xbox 360) and have no idea what the differences are between PC Skyrim SE and console Skyrim SE so it might not even be possible.

How difficult will it be to install Skyrim mods to console without (1) hacking the console and (2) not through Bethesda?

If this can be done relatively easily then much of the mods here in LL can be made available to console users provided the author allows it, it is downloaded from Loverslab, and Ashal allows it.

How difficult will it be to install Skyrim mods to console without (1) hacking the console and (2) not through Bethesda?

If this can be done relatively easily then much of the mods here in LL can be made available to console users provided the author allows it, it is downloaded from Loverslab, and Ashal allows it.

Well on Microsoft or Sony consoles I really doubt it will actually be possible without a hard mod but who knows perhaps there'll one day be a method to inject mods by taking the HDD out, connecting it to a PC and editing the files but then I'm not sure the game would load anymore without a hard mod and if it does it would surely mean a ban if you connect online.

On Nintendo consoles on the other hand....as I said, I would not be surprised if it was as simple as connect to PC then drag and drop files in (at least till they fix that).

Either way I am sure after the consoles get hacked a modding community for Skyrim SE for hacked consoles will emerge so someone else might actually create another elin mod somewhere else, I would probably take on that task myself if I had the time once I'll have a hacked Switch but probably won't happen so I'll just adapt your mod and use it for myself.

On that note I actually am wondering: how do you test mods for Skyrim SE for consoles before you upload them on Bethesda's website?

The website is pretty specific of providing a screenshot of the mod when you upload it so there must be a way to test a mod before you upload it but I just can't find any information online on how to do so and I really doubt there isn't a way cause how would you even know your mod works if you can't test it before?

If there is a way of testing a mod for consoles before you upload it then it might actually be possible to just use that to load external mods unless it has some limitations.

i cant get the main mod to work at all it makes my game crash after loading the saved games what do i do

Can you provide more information such as, "Did you start a new game with the Elins or did you install the Elin files and tried loading an old save?" (it sounds like you did the latter) or "Did you install or uninstall or alter any mods when the crashing started?".

Are you able to load your old saves without the Elin mods?  If not then there is the problem.

To be sure, which Elin main pack did you install, the version for old Skyrim or the version for Skyrim SE? 

They are not interchangeable, SSE Elin is not backward compatible and old Skyrim Elin is not optimized for SSE so using the wrong files will crash the game when loading a game save.

my game works fine without the mod and im using the SSE elin in SSE skyrim

OK so what i  just did was redownload the whole mod uninstal the one i had  and did a full  reinstal of the mod  and now it works it seems  i  just had corupted filed  from the first download 

ok i just downloaded the more jiggles version  and  the xmse skeleton for it   and fnis  but i still dont see any jiggles am i doing somthing wrong 

sorry if im anoying 

my game works fine without the mod and im using the SSE elin in SSE skyrim

OK so what i  just did was redownload the whole mod uninstal the one i had  and did a full  reinstal of the mod  and now it works it seems  i  just had corupted filed  from the first download 

ok i just downloaded the more jiggles version  and  the xmse skeleton for it   and fnis  but i still dont see any jiggles am i doing somthing wrong 

sorry if im anoying 

No jiggle when naked? While using TBBP-BBP armor?

Did you run FNIS because of characters stuck in T-pose?

When installing XPMSE SSE, be sure to select the BBP Map option.  When naked, the breasts jiggle without the use of FNIS, but when testing an armor that requires the SSE version of Dragonfly's TBBP animation, the game crashes; the Elin BBP-TBBP contains the original Dragonfly's animations optimized for SSE.

When I have the time, I'll have to do some more testing with the SSE BBP-TBBP armors.

Is anyone else having a no Voice issue for combat, sprinting, and fall damage?

Are you using the updated voice mod?

If so, something is overwriting or impeding the voice formlists.

If you are using the original then install the update which does not use a script.

Is anyone else having a no Voice issue for combat, sprinting, and fall damage?

Are you using the updated voice mod?

If so, something is overwriting or impeding the voice formlists.

If you are using the original then install the update which does not use a script.

Yes, but the weird thing is it worked before the update, and I even tested it where it was the ONLY mod installed aside from the Unofficial patch. I even re-downloaded the files yesterday.

It might be a bug with your game (?).  The only differences between the original and the update is the update accomplishes the same thing as the original, but without scripts + adds the Elin voice to certain DLC voice formlists.

Revert back to the original and let me know if you are having any luck with the DLC dragon shouts.  If they are silent then I'll update the scripts.