[HDT SMP] [HDT PE] Missconseptions about skyrim physics

aquaraider11

That is most unfortunate, but nothing new to the community, I'm afraid.

Not that my opinion is of importance to the matter, but as I only joined this board after HDT PE was launched on the nexus, and all guides lead me only here, I think that very situation should still be the case. There should be something on the nexus regarding SMP - and it should make people join the LL community.

I dare say, it wouldn't be too hard to be newb-friendlier than the link I posted.

7 hours ago, Swiftstep said:

Hope I'm not interrupting the discussion around here, but I thought this to be a not so bad place to ask.

What is the general opinion about this mod? Not many endorsements on it, so it have gone unnoticed by the majority.

Is it a worthy entry point for newlings into the matter? Does it resemble SMP well?

just a download farmer. nothing you couldnt do yourself in few minutes. but, since 99,5% of skyrim scene is only content consuming retards its pretty much what they need.

this altikin guy has 1 file. which is "borrowed" by other modders.

6 minutes ago, Swiftstep said:

Not that my opinion is of importance to the matter, but as I only joined this board after HDT PE was launched on the nexus, and all guides lead me only here, I think that very situation should still be the case. There should be something on the nexus regarding SMP - and it should make people join the LL community.

I dare say, it wouldn't be too hard to be newb-friendlier than the link I posted.

post something on nexus about loverslab is not a good idea at all.

9 hours ago, Swiftstep said:

Everyone has their own reason why they ran into this site. IMO I personally never liked it when a mod is too easy to set up (e.g allinone packages) because it doesn't really teach the user basic skyrim file system which is great knowledge to have if you want to mod or make edits to something. (e.g giving a follower a custom body or texture).

I personally jumped on LL when a bunch of bodytypes for UNP were being released, as I became a big fan of UNPBO/7BO, and in the end, essentially "inherited" it but let it go to legacy with its inclusion in the UUNP sliders(let it sink in that at the time, i only new basic file structure, and was only just learning how to use outfit studio to create clothes, especially given my fairly low post count). When animated vagina's was a thing(Stevierages work), more or less learned how it worked and wrote up a small guide on how to generate a body via bodyslide and do the nisextrastring through nifscope to make it react to HDT physics (this was before the Allinone HDT pack was made). The reason why I just feel that making it too easy isn't a good idea, is that although you get more people using it, you get significantly more people who come in asking a question on why X mod is not working, which if I was a dev working on it, I would be tired of answering it.

An example of a bad scenario where that happened in an unrelated subject was no$gba in pokemon emulation, as fans kept pestering the developer to fix pokemon(which could be fixed via replay codes and such), he outright removed the pokemon fixes. making something easier isn't always the best answer, especially if the developer is doing it on their own free time. SMP is something that needs to be fine tuned for each system, and as of its current state, IMO I think its alright. Making a pregenerated body and uploading it as a mod just to sidestep for instance just generating the body in bodyslide is extremely unnecessary.

11 hours ago, prZ said:

post something on nexus about loverslab is not a good idea at all.

Hm, originally I wanted to refer to the SOS files on the nexus.. but they have been removed. Well, the CITRUS head meshes are still on the nexus, and still very popular for its quality.

But I guess you're right. This whole conflict went by me since I'm nothing but a user.

No matter, I got the idea behind it. You, 27X and imacarl made good points.

Thanks all you guys for your feedback. And, of course, thanks for all your effort regarding SMP.

• 9 months later...
On 1/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, aquaraider11 said:

How many good elf ears have you seen, not to speak of even HDT enabled ones?  (i have not seen any, even my ones don't have texture :C)

But that's besides the point. So you can create bones in outfitstudio? ok how about HCT bone nubs and shit that i remember learning about when i tried to use it and watched some half assed tutorial that suckked ass.. But fine! I admit, there propably will allways be some one who insist on staying on using PE

I just want to get rid of whole thing as its much more complicated and imo ANNOYING than SMP.

Stop making it sound as though amp is the shot In less you can set it up have a rocking computer it don't work in fact if you do not know what you are doing you could break your computer that would be bad . I tell you make it plug and play easy for dummies something that sets every aspect of it up it is not better but dangerous and will likely result in broken computers . So again if your skill set doesn't include building a computer from tinfoil and know how to program a full game then it is not for you . Stop selling it as better it's only better for some who do have top notch computers and have programming experience.  

On 12/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, shaidien said:

Stop making it sound as though amp is the shot In less you can set it up have a rocking computer it don't work in fact if you do not know what you are doing you could break your computer that would be bad . I tell you make it plug and play easy for dummies something that sets every aspect of it up it is not better but dangerous and will likely result in broken computers . So again if your skill set doesn't include building a computer from tinfoil and know how to program a full game then it is not for you . Stop selling it as better it's only better for some who do have top notch computers and have programming experience.  

You can't break your computer/hardware by skyrim plugins. The knowledge you need to have for smp is much much more simple than pe and for the specs, I ran it on a gtx 760 when I started modding.

your post is garbage.

Is there something called SMP PE? I have a file installed by that name and it's the only thing that will work properly for me. With HDT SMP the hair get stretched out to some point below my character.

Archived