[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

One Person's Kink is Another Person's Vanilla

When I was in my mid-teens (at least sometime before 16) my mother gave me her copy of "The Joy of Sex" (1972 edition) so that I might read about how to be better in bed for some future lover or spouse.  As far as she knew I was still a virgin, and as far as human partners went she was correct.  (I was 20 before I had intercourse with another person.)

Tonight I pulled that dusty old tome off the shelf and skimmed though it looking for tamer scenarios for some of the lighter sections of my prisoner abuse events.  I was somewhat shocked to find just how much of that book felt too tame for me.  My idea of tame to light kink is on the extreme side of things from the book's perspective.  I know I am quite a perverted old mutt but... just wow.

5 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Curing virginity isn't the goal.  I just want to figure out reasonable penalty modifiers when the molesting host is a virgin.

Off and on I have pondered some sort of super-expanded mechanics involving willpower, libedo, arousal, sexsperience, and so on... somewhat like those you find in the flash text adventures like CoC or TiTS but tweaked to make sense in the timescale of adult CK2 events.  I am not sure if I will ever do that, but having arousal mechanics in prisoner molestation events could be a gateway to Stockholm Syndrome type enslavement, and/or kink conditioning at the very least. 

From real-life submissive training experience, I have learned how much easier it is to get a submissive to push themselves past their hard limits when they are extremely horny and desperate for release.  I used lust where Crowley used cognac and cocaine.  ?

Well, my characters are almost never virgins. You should probably look elsewhere to simulate an arousal mechanic, for instance a narrative that ask the player of a course of action like the books You are the Hero.

Beside, I see a practical problem: time flow relatively fast in CK2. Meaning that if you go arouse your prisoner then unpause and pause again, chances are a week had gone by. So again, it would be best to compile a list of actions and get a outcome directly without waiting for time to pass. "Experience" is something hard to gauge in this case, since each character is quite unique yet the player remain the same. That is the player will understand the mechanics but will eventually be limited by the playing character after a ruler's death.

Finally, if you were to successfully implement such mechanic, could you guarantee the experience to be replayable? Keeping in mind that CK2 span over 600 years or so, there will be plenty of time to abuse prisoners. So if such mechanic were to appear, it should be non repetitive due to the common occurrence of POWs.

I believe you should focus on the end goal rather than the mechanic to get there. For instance, you could want a prisoner to be recruited (join your court) for whatever reason. The sexual taunting could be a possible path.

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

Well, my characters are almost never virgins. You should probably look elsewhere to simulate an arousal mechanic, for instance a narrative that ask the player of a course of action like the books You are the Hero.

Beside, I see a practical problem: time flow relatively fast in CK2. Meaning that if you go arouse your prisoner then unpause and pause again, chances are a week had gone by. So again, it would be best to compile a list of actions and get a outcome directly without waiting for time to pass. "Experience" is something hard to gauge in this case, since each character is quite unique yet the player remain the same. That is the player will understand the mechanics but will eventually be limited by the playing character after a ruler's death.

Finally, if you were to successfully implement such mechanic, could you guarantee the experience to be replayable? Keeping in mind that CK2 span over 600 years or so, there will be plenty of time to abuse prisoners. So if such mechanic were to appear, it should be non repetitive due to the common occurrence of POWs.

I believe you should focus on the end goal rather than the mechanic to get there. For instance, you could want a prisoner to be recruited (join your court) for whatever reason. The sexual taunting could be a possible path.

As always, you voice some good points that I shall have to ponder further.  Rather than than arousal, mayhap I should see the value more as sexual_focus.  This would work better given a time frame of weeks, months, or years.

As for repetition, lets go back to vanilla CK2... if you wanted to improve certain abilities, expect to repeat certain events with Mendrick.  I hope to at least do better than that old mechanic.

EDIT: I had to lookup You are the Hero books.  I predate them slightly with the Chose Your Own Adventure series.  I still have my original copy of "The Cave of Time" I got when I was in grade school.

I had a quick question...

I wanted to make some events and needed the pregnancy system from here.

I thought it would be best to use yours instead of making another one, to maintain compatibility...

Unfortunately, it seems you haven't fully made the system(?? Or I am not able to read the code correctly...)

Please let me know if the system is actually functional, else I can just make a very simple one but use your flags, which would still maintain compatibility overall...

Hope to hear back soon.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:27 PM, a11hai1kotl said:

I had a quick question...

I wanted to make some events and needed the pregnancy system from here.

I thought it would be best to use yours instead of making another one, to maintain compatibility...

Unfortunately, it seems you haven't fully made the system(?? Or I am not able to read the code correctly...)

Please let me know if the system is actually functional, else I can just make a very simple one but use your flags, which would still maintain compatibility overall...

Hope to hear back soon.

The pregnancy system is mostly a combination of scripted triggers and scripted effects and should be working.  It works for regular m/f, f/f, m/m, and should even work for f/m (m-preg).

On 9/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, Shuuu said:

Okay so things  have changeed big tuime since i stopped using this mod. How do i install this with DWR just install the two mods in the perersions download along with dwr?

If you want to use Dark World Reborn, then you need three mods enabled:

image.png.c38397e006f87287260992cfeb333920.png

1. Dark World Reborn
  2. NoxBestia's DPA-Dark World Compatibility Supplement (aka NoxBestia DPA-Dark World Custom v0.0.5.1.0 alpha)
  3. NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions Alone
10 hours ago, DoingMeAConcern said:

I'm not sure why but it seems that none of the events in the mod are working? Is there something in the installation process I have done wrong? Even when i trigger events through console commands they are all blank and don't have any meaningful text. Help?

Sounds like something is installed wrong.  Disable all other mods, delete anything of mine you might have from your mods folder, then reinstall NDPA and try running CK2 with just NDPA by itself and no other mods.

Yup hadn't installed it correctly, I wasn't playing with all three of the mods turned on at the same time. However getting in to the game I still haven't noticed very many events that the mod triggers? I know there is the Hall of Discretion but that in itself is very barebones. So what kind of events should I be getting regularly from the mod? And which events are fully fleshed out with descriptions and pictures as such? Thanks for the help! 

37 minutes ago, DoingMeAConcern said:

Yup hadn't installed it correctly, I wasn't playing with all three of the mods turned on at the same time. However getting in to the game I still haven't noticed very many events that the mod triggers? I know there is the Hall of Discretion but that in itself is very barebones. So what kind of events should I be getting regularly from the mod? And which events are fully fleshed out with descriptions and pictures as such? Thanks for the help! 

A long time ago I posted updates of what condition what events were in, but I failed to keep it updated.  Next time I do a major update, I'll try to update the status of everything.

CK2 Dev Diary #99 - Do you like me yet? (link)

My immediate reaction to this was excitement and increased anticipation for the next DLC.  I can see a lot of ways adult events can tie into this system.  What a great use for any unmarried offspring you have, especially if puberty was kind to them.  "Thank you for the compliment, my Queen.  If mine own gifts so please you, you will definitely enjoy what my third son has to offer, although his mother and sisters will surely mourn the loss of his daily training sessions."

Sadly, I have no idea if the system will even be accessible for people without the new DLC.  EDIT: Sway & Antagonize are DLC content (link).

An Old CK2 Bug Never Fixed?!  ?

So back when I started playing CK2 I nearly gave up the game because of how frustrating regencies were.  I was (and am) convinced that they were buggy and not working as desired.  Well, for the past several months I have been torturing myself by running CK2 with all the DLC disabled so that I can make sure my MODs work for more people.  Playing as a child ruler to try to fix my broken "Wolf Mother?" events, I was reminded about the extreme frustration I once felt with the game.  

If you take a close look at the image below at my attempt to get a pair of courtiers married you will see that I have a huge string of negatives with my regent because of her opinion of me.  Yet if you look at her actual option you will see that she has a maximum opinion of me.  If you run Conclave DLC you no longer even have your regent meddling in decisions like this.  So frustrating!

image.png.c81b3c54ff2a78f1b353c3be7b6d7ee8.png

On 9/15/2018 at 5:42 AM, DathBrong said:

Any chance this works with agot?

Nope.  Crash to desktop every time I try.  :(

Eventually I'll find all of the problems and fix them but I haven't got them all yet.  When I do, there will be a compatibility module like I have for Dark World Reborn and even some additional AGOT only content.

22 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Nope.  Crash to desktop every time I try.  :(

Eventually I'll find all of the problems and fix them but I haven't got them all yet.  When I do, there will be a compatibility module like I have for Dark World Reborn and even some additional AGOT only content.

Ah, okay, thanks :D

On 9/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, NoxBestia said:

An Old CK2 Bug Never Fixed?!  ?

So back when I started playing CK2 I nearly gave up the game because of how frustrating regencies were.  I was (and am) convinced that they were buggy and not working as desired.  Well, for the past several months I have been torturing myself by running CK2 with all the DLC disabled so that I can make sure my MODs work for more people.  Playing as a child ruler to try to fix my broken "Wolf Mother?" events, I was reminded about the extreme frustration I once felt with the game.  

If you take a close look at the image below at my attempt to get a pair of courtiers married you will see that I have a huge string of negatives with my regent because of her opinion of me.  Yet if you look at her actual option you will see that she has a maximum opinion of me.  If you run Conclave DLC you no longer even have your regent meddling in decisions like this.  So frustrating!

image.png.c81b3c54ff2a78f1b353c3be7b6d7ee8.png

Boy you couldn't pay me to go back to vanilla CK, even if its on the latest patch. The DLC are point blank mandatory at this point, who could handle the horror that is practically no decisions and there only being two gfxcultures?

Emergency Room Visit

Bad news, I am afraid.  Not only did I have a tooth snap off at the root this weekend, I was in the ER last night.  The good news is that it was NOT a stroke.  The bad news is that I have bell's palsy.  With luck, I'll be recovered in a few weeks.  Until then, I need to regulate how much time I spend at a computer screen due to being unable to blink properly and my left eye drying out.  

So much for the equinox, eh?  I guess I wasn't spending enough time drunk and having sex to keep the Gods happy.

Anyway, I'll try to keep checking in but I am not doing any work on the mod for right now.  :(

7 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Emergency Room Visit

Bad news, I am afraid.  Not only did I have a tooth snap off at the root this weekend, I was in the ER last night.  The good news is that it was NOT a stroke.  The bad news is that I have bell's palsy.  With luck, I'll be recovered in a few weeks.  Until then, I need to regulate how much time I spend at a computer screen due to being unable to blink properly and my left eye drying out.  

So much for the equinox, eh?  I guess I wasn't spending enough time drunk and having sex to keep the Gods happy.

Anyway, I'll try to keep checking in but I am not doing any work on the mod for right now.  :(

hope you get better bro

19 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Emergency Room Visit

I hope you get well soon. Do you know what caused it?