[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

On 7/17/2018 at 12:11 PM, dizzy12315 said:

I've activated the mods you mentioned but no luck but for some reason my character can impregnate other women but herself 

That is very weird.  The only thing I can think to try next is having you privately send me a copy of your save-file and then I'll load it up and see if I can trace what is going on.  This probably doesn't need said, but don't worry about any offensive/embarrassing character/realm names or anything of the sort.  :P  

On 7/18/2018 at 7:04 AM, bicobus said:

Well, that's a bit scary. I hope you'll feel better.

Thank you.  I am doing MUCH better.  Yesterday was an exception, but I wasn't watching my time limit and screwed up a certification exam that is going to cost me $400 to re-take.  So yesterday after that, I was hating myself and planning on spending the entire weekend shit-faced and just felt like a total failure.  But then I got sidetracked by a "shiny" on youtube and by the end of the night I was back to normal.

All in all, it was definitely the correct decision.  People talking to me on the phone (which I hate doing) have commented on how much happier and energetic I seem.  My creativity is flowing again and I'm even listening to music when I drive like I had since I was 16 but stopped doing a few years ago.  Still hoping to get my body able to at least pretend to keep up with my libedo, but even that is improving, just an agonizingly slow process.

Thoughts on Sexual Event Frequency?

Once again I find myself pondering how often should random sexual events fire?  People play this game differently.  Some people set the game speed to maximum and spin though the months as fast as they can.  Others run the game slower, where they can see each day tick by one at a time with an adequate delay to click a few times before the next day happens.  Yet others change their speed all the time.  I tend to run at speed 3 myself, but sometimes I go faster just to get through a frustrating situation like being a child with nothing fun to do.  (I still want to see more activities and options for child players, and I don't just mean sexual ones.)

In my mind, based on my own play style, the ideal frequency for random sexual events would be a potential event at least every moon (so a possibility of 13 a year).  However, for someone who plays at maximum speed, I fear this could be frustrating.  At one point in DWR the werewolf go-hunting option was available every month. but the player had to manually trigger it.  The same was true for the work at brothel decision.

I suppose that a system could be put into place either via game rules or perhaps as a decision that could allow the frequency of random adult events to be set or at least influence the chances of whether there would be an event fire that period or not.  I did something like that with my auto-whoring options at one time.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?  How often would YOU like the RNG to check for a sexual event and what kind of controls would you want over the frequency of such checks?

21 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

I play on high speed unless I am at war, monthly events would drive me up a wall. Would be pretty neat if there was a setting that could change the frequency.

Assume I come up with such a setting.  What frequency options would you desire?  Would you prefer a game rule that is set and forget it, or the option of changing the setting via decision?

1 minute ago, NoxBestia said:

Assume I come up with such a setting.  What frequency options would you desire?  Would you prefer a game rule that is set and forget it, or the option of changing the setting via decision?

I think a decision would be better then a game rule. Game rules are nice for making sure certain content appears/wont appear, but not being able to change it mid-game is its biggest weakness. People definitely like choices, and the ability to change their minds.

Like you said, sometimes you get in a situation where you need time to pass swiftly, and times where you want to slow down and watch something locally, like neighbors at war and your waiting for just the right moment to pounce.

From my point of view I would love to get some events based on vanilla features, like the summer fair or the feasts. Toska had some stuff going on after a successful siege, that can be an optic too. Or even during a pilgrimage, giving a chance for the player character to become naughty or holy.

To motivate this, I would argue that the game as it is has plenty of opportunities to fit sexual scenes, and that it isn't necessarily relevant to create new ones. So, in a way, the events can be topical and the frequency left to the player's discretion, since the player chose whether or not to have a fair or a feast. This approach removes the philosophical question of "how frequent?" and "what if the player is busy?". More actions could be welcomed to deal with prisoners too.

Events firing periodically isn't a good idea. For example the vampire attack on the player character that happens at set interval becomes quite annoying, especially once you've played 100 years. There are some stuff that are best left to player choice, or so rare that it isn't an issue (like the pony chancellor).

On 7/21/2018 at 4:19 PM, NoxBestia said:

That is very weird.  The only thing I can think to try next is having you privately send me a copy of your save-file and then I'll load it up and see if I can trace what is going on.  This probably doesn't need said, but don't worry about any offensive/embarrassing character/realm names or anything of the sort.  :P  

I forgot to mention that my character can impregnate other woman but herself with all the dark world mods active from DW Genealogy to PedrocestDWToskacomp

Just like Alaratt I play on high speed unless at war. I usually like to take advantage of the whoring option as frequently as possible meaning that I'll have to keep an eye on time progressing. I would love for a switch of some sort to be able to auto trigger that event and perhaps events like that. I agree with bicobus that more events based on vanilla events would be good. Not sure which mod does it, but the summer fair one ended up having the female ruler service the crowd ?

Also agree with Alaratt that it would be better to change settings during the game instead of just choosing a yes or no or perhaps a frequency in the game options.

Also glad to hear you are doing well Nox!

I guess I didn't add much to the discussion in the end. Perhaps you could use some polls (if this forum supports them?) to get some answers to specific questions.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, dizzy12315 said:

I forgot to mention that my character can impregnate other woman but herself with all the dark world mods active from DW Genealogy to PedrocestDWToskacomp

Unfortunately, I have no idea how well NDPA actually works with _any_ of the other Dark World submods.

3 hours ago, chb123 said:

Just like Alaratt I play on high speed unless at war. I usually like to take advantage of the whoring option as frequently as possible meaning that I'll have to keep an eye on time progressing. I would love for a switch of some sort to be able to auto trigger that event and perhaps events like that. I agree with bicobus that more events based on vanilla events would be good. Not sure which mod does it, but the summer fair one ended up having the female ruler service the crowd ?

Also agree with Alaratt that it would be better to change settings during the game instead of just choosing a yes or no or perhaps a frequency in the game options.

Also glad to hear you are doing well Nox!

I guess I didn't add much to the discussion in the end. Perhaps you could use some polls (if this forum supports them?) to get some answers to specific questions.

19 hours ago, bicobus said:

From my point of view I would love to get some events based on vanilla features, like the summer fair or the feasts. Toska had some stuff going on after a successful siege, that can be an optic too. Or even during a pilgrimage, giving a chance for the player character to become naughty or holy.

To motivate this, I would argue that the game as it is has plenty of opportunities to fit sexual scenes, and that it isn't necessarily relevant to create new ones. So, in a way, the events can be topical and the frequency left to the player's discretion, since the player chose whether or not to have a fair or a feast. This approach removes the philosophical question of "how frequent?" and "what if the player is busy?". More actions could be welcomed to deal with prisoners too.

Events firing periodically isn't a good idea. For example the vampire attack on the player character that happens at set interval becomes quite annoying, especially once you've played 100 years. There are some stuff that are best left to player choice, or so rare that it isn't an issue (like the pony chancellor).

Thank you both for adding your thoughts.

While I will give it more thought, there are some immediate problems with tying into existing events I discovered in the past when I have experimented with doing just that.  Total conversion mods often remove or alter basick CK2 events.  Even other less-intrusive mods may tie into them and make their own changes.  CK2 itself will often make mass changes to existing stuff when rolling on out new DLCs.  The amount of maintenance can quickly become nightmarish.  Of course, there are solutions and things that can be done to somewhat mitigate this. 

It doesn't help that existing decisions are one of the most painful things to mod since you have to replace and maintain the entire file the decision is contained within.  That is why future versions of my work will have a unique disable flag for each decision I add so that other modders don't have to go through that hell with my stuff.  Of course, if a decision actually continues to an event then it is easier to hook into it at the event level but then, as I mentioned before, that risks compatibility issues with other stuff trying to do the same.

I wholeheartedly agree that there needs to be a lot more ways of using/abusing prisoners!  I know the kinds of things *I* would do to prisoners if I was free to act as I wanted.  ?

For the summer fair events, you don't actually need to replace anything. Those random event can only triggers if the character fulfill this condition (among others): has_character_modifier = holding_summer_fair. Same with the feast and "holding_large_feast". I don't really care for overhaul mods though.

I have a suspicion it is possible but due to the current heatwave, I am nursing a headache for 3 days now. And they say it'll be even hotter as the week goes by. So I can't really go into much details, I can't think straight.

14 minutes ago, bicobus said:

For the summer fair events, you don't actually need to replace anything. Those random event can only triggers if the character fulfill this condition (among others): has_character_modifier = holding_summer_fair. Same with the feast and "holding_large_feast". I don't really care for overhaul mods though.

I have a suspicion it is possible but due to the current heatwave, I am nursing a headache for 3 days now. And they say it'll be even hotter as the week goes by. So I can't really go into much details, I can't think straight.

Not a problem.  Anything much above 75°F negatively affects me, so I understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet on this thread. Hope the digestive trouble is behind you NoxBestia ?

At least here the temperature has been better the past two days and we were even blessed with some rain ?

12 hours ago, chb123 said:

Quiet on this thread. Hope the digestive trouble is behind you NoxBestia ?

At least here the temperature has been better the past two days and we were even blessed with some rain ?

Many thanks.  Seems as soon as one thing gets better something else gets worse, but I'll get through it all.  I am very anxious to see what new modding goodies they release with the next update, but I also still need to make use of some of the goodies already provided from past updates.  /laugh

18 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Many thanks.  Seems as soon as one thing gets better something else gets worse, but I'll get through it all.  I am very anxious to see what new modding goodies they release with the next update, but I also still need to make use of some of the goodies already provided from past updates.  /laugh

And we are anxious to see what you will be able to make with them ? I'm definitely looking forwards to your future releases!

On 7/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, bicobus said:

Well, that's a bit scary. I hope you'll feel better.

English is not my primary language and i am from where people dont speak English so here goes;

It is not scary, it is in fact a wise and courageous decision, the meds i had were giving me more trouble coping with life and stress and became a whiny pussy that made me dwell in 'political correctness' excuses when dealing with society that got me nowhere but a junkie truth be told. lol. so i got sick of myself bucked up, acknowledged my illness  and told myself that i need to get it all together in my head before i seriously believe that i should end my life.  yes it is hard, but it is easier than dealing with the consequences of the excuses i made for life due to the sickness. these were 6 years ago. the pain is still there but i think everybody is living with their own illness one way or another. dont take it too seriously. 

it can be contained if one dares to muster all the courage that he could.  as long as there is no need to be confined and put under constant supervision, medication is an excuse for the weak. meds doesnt work after awhile the body builds up tolerance. and no meds works as good as weed.

while i am beginning to believe that love could cure; dealing with this alone is the toughest  hardest part of it all. meds never work 10 years if it and i assure you that its somewaht a  scam. 

@Noxbestia. How soon do you think u ll enable sexual manipulation again? That happns to be my fav bit of your mod. keep it up in what ever ur doing dude. 

hello folks. It has been quite time since Ive been here or played CK2 :)

So, got a question. Im trying to change something in the defines.lua but my game crashes in loading screen so obviously Im doing something wrong. 

It might be that Im just trying to change the current command to an unlogical/impossible numbers but I was thinking:

If I change something in the basic defines I need to change it in the mods aswell i guess? if so, do I have to change the same settings in every mod I got? (that consist the command in their defines) or is there something like... "main" mod where I would change the numbers and all other mods will accept this change?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 5:04 PM, Battle.cry said:

hello folks. It has been quite time since Ive been here or played CK2 :)

So, got a question. Im trying to change something in the defines.lua but my game crashes in loading screen so obviously Im doing something wrong. 

It might be that Im just trying to change the current command to an unlogical/impossible numbers but I was thinking:

If I change something in the basic defines I need to change it in the mods aswell i guess? if so, do I have to change the same settings in every mod I got? (that consist the command in their defines) or is there something like... "main" mod where I would change the numbers and all other mods will accept this change?

You have to setup a load order so that you have a master mod you make the setting changes in and then make every other conflicting mod you run a prerequisite of your main mod.  Otherwise load order will dictate who wins for custom settings like this.  Beware that changing some of the defines could break a mod that if heavily customized around having certain defines in place.

Every now and then I find (or re-find) something in CK2 that makes me go WTF?  Today's example:

known_sodomite = {
	general_opinion = -10
	church_opinion = -10
	icon = 40
}
known_sodomite_pagan = {
	general_opinion = -30
	icon = 40
}

I know modern paganism is not the same as medieval paganism, but I am aware of both tribal American and tribal European artwork that depict anal sex (same sex or not) without any apparent negative stigma.  At least there is just a single event that adds this specific modifier to a character.

Tuning New Mechanics: Prisoner Arousal

I am playing with a new prisoner molestation/rape/torture system.  One of the options allows the host to attempt to arouse the helpless prisoner.  Leaving all kinks, appearances, and sexual attributes aside for the moment, I am giving the host an equal chance of increasing or decreasing the prisoner's arousal as per the table below:

random chance     arousal change

17                 +5

17                +10

17                +20

17                 -2.5

17                 -5

17                -10

But what if the host is an inexperienced virgin?  At first glance these numbers seem too harsh, but then again, virgins (Gods, save me from virgins!):

random chance     arousal change

12                 +5

8                +10

4                +20

20                 -2.5

24                 -5

32                -10

I strongly welcome your tuning suggestions for this new experimental system.  If I like how it works, it will probably be incorporated into my kink mechanics as well.

5 hours ago, bicobus said:

How do you define inexperience? If it's just a trait, then get the host to fuck a goat and boom: no more virgin trait.

Curing virginity isn't the goal.  I just want to figure out reasonable penalty modifiers when the molesting host is a virgin.

Off and on I have pondered some sort of super-expanded mechanics involving willpower, libedo, arousal, sexsperience, and so on... somewhat like those you find in the flash text adventures like CoC or TiTS but tweaked to make sense in the timescale of adult CK2 events.  I am not sure if I will ever do that, but having arousal mechanics in prisoner molestation events could be a gateway to Stockholm Syndrome type enslavement, and/or kink conditioning at the very least. 

From real-life submissive training experience, I have learned how much easier it is to get a submissive to push themselves past their hard limits when they are extremely horny and desperate for release.  I used lust where Crowley used cognac and cocaine.  ?

What are your Molest Prisoner Decision Desires?

Now that things have cooled off a bit and I am feeling reasonably well, I am back to actively working on NDPA.  For now at least, my muse and I are focused on sexually using and abusing prisoners.  While inspiration holds, I hope to get a number of events written and coded in.  Mechanically, this will be a mix between player-driven and randomly-generated events, initiated via a new "Molest Prisoner" decision.  Like many of my things, I can see grand possibilities sprawling out before me like a fractal forest but for now I am trying to restrain myself and just get the basics down.

I am starting with three types of interactions:

image.png.94bf3690ea0c84c4c2727ba03055967c.png

1. The first allows for basic arousal play, first-time curiosity for virgins and those with limited experience, as well as eventual exploration of kinks on your helpless prisoner.  I am strongly considering possibilities where dominant, lustful, or seductive prisoners can potentially turn the tides and be the one calling the shots with inexperienced hosts, but I'm holding off on that for now.
  2. The second type is for good old sex.  This is technically rape, even if the prisoner is aroused and begging for it, but it doesn't have to be violent.  So far this has received the least of my attention even though it is presumably what you all are the most interested in.
  3. The final type of interaction is sexual torture.  If you take this path, I am planning on letting the player set the tone to one of three levels: light BDSM play, serious genital abuse, or hardcore torture and mutilation.

Since more than a few of you have asked for this, I'd love to hear what you all want within it.  How much like the House/Hall/Hut of Discretion do you want (where you control every aspect of the sex scene) versus more randomly decided actions like they did with the new prisoner abuse decisions in Reaper's Due?

REMINDER: Community participation is highly encouraged!  If you want to go so far as to write a scene or scenes for this, I will gladly review them and work them in if appropriate!