[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

• 2 weeks later...

NOTICE: Some jackass is actively trying to hack my account here.  I have gotten several emails from the system that there have been failed attempts at logging into my account (from different place in the world).  Each time they auto-block the IP address, but I thought I had best post something about it jsut in case they manage to get in one of these times.

I am guessing it is a single person using TOR (or something similar) to mask their IP and make it appear to be coming from different countries.

1 hour ago, NoxBestia said:

NOTICE: Some jackass is actively trying to hack my account here.  I have gotten several emails from the system that there have been failed attempts at logging into my account (from different place in the world).  Each time they auto-block the IP address, but I thought I had best post something about it jsut in case they manage to get in one of these times.

I am guessing it is a single person using TOR (or something similar) to mask their IP and make it appear to be coming from different countries.

Change your password for something long and hard. Like a dick. Will make it harder to bruteforce. But in all likelyhood, they might got a file full of email/account names and passwords and trying them out. If you use the email registered on LL elsewhere, that might be it.

1 hour ago, NoxBestia said:

11 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Change your password for something long and hard. Like a dick. Will make it harder to bruteforce. But in all likelyhood, they might got a file full of email/account names and passwords and trying them out. If you use the email registered on LL elsewhere, that might be it.

This started happening to me, too, not long after I posted my mod here. Never happened before then. So far they haven't gotten in though, the server locks my account after 3 failed tries. Like you it's a different location each time.

8 hours ago, Alaratt said:

This started happening to me, too, not long after I posted my mod here. Never happened before then. So far they haven't gotten in though, the server locks my account after 3 failed tries. Like you it's a different location each time.

Same for me it stopped after 2 or 3 attempts though.

I changed the password after the first attempt.  It has been years since I used the same password at multiple sites, but I was once guilty of that.  At least I can take some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one here experiencing this pattern.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:14 AM, slydfox said:

When you say 0.0.1 is compatible with CK2+ does that mean all the versions after that are also compatible?

Originally that would have been a 'yes', but I rushed some stuff out and broke compatibility.  It still is not fixed and I have not been working on the MOD for a while.

In fact, I have been so out of it that just today I finally saw the next DLC announcement and discovered that there had been a new hotfix that added a pregnancy termination command (and some other goodies) for modding.

Back To Work...!

As of today, I have put my slavery society on hold and returned to working on NDPA.  The immediate goal is to update it for proper compatibility with the latest version of CK2 (2.8.2.1) and the current version of Dark World Reborn.

Additional goals for this patch:

• --DONE-- remove in-heat/breeding mechanics for now
  • --DONE-- remove massive furry seeding for now (will re-evaluate how I do this based on user-selected rule settings and possibly events)
  • incorporate and test new multiple pregnancy mechanics idea to solve current multi-preg issues
  • "fix" or disable Halls of Discretion buildings
  • potentially rework several traits using new male_opinion and female_opinion modifiers
  • add a "terminate pregnancy" targeted decision (self also) into the cheat/testing system for testing the new cancel_pregnancy = yes effect (including whether it works for pregnant males or not)
  • maybe experiment with the new on_betrothal on_action capabilities for potentially nefarious uses I have been brewing for some time.  Bwa-ha-ha!
  • --DONE-- Utilize the new mod-foldered coat of arms system (interface/coat_of_arms) to increase ease of compatibility with other mods
  • Read through the past few pages of this forum to see what else I need to address to make this playable again.
    ---AND---
  • Try to keep the "First make it work, then make it better" philosophy in mind as I do all of this:
    1*qINsG4WH_BDN-viMJUH6Ng.png

Night Wolves

Some of you (14 messages related to the topic are quoted in the spoiler below) have requested disabling of the Night Wolves.?  At this time I am not offering that option; however, with the disabling of the in-heat mechanics and disabling the initial seeding of Night Wolves into all kingdoms and empires, they should no longer be a problem in your games.  Grandfather Wolf and his immediate spawn will still generate for now as well.  I expect they'll mostly die out without the in_heat mechanics, but I haven't tested it yet.  

Eventually the spawning of all Night Wolves but GrandFather Wolf (a crucial NPC for many of my existing and planned mechanics) will be under player control based on the Night Wolf Invasion rule settings.  In the future, the building of certain Hall of Discretion buildings and some reactions to certain events may cause Night Wolves to be spawned regardless of the rule settings.  Again, without the out-of-control in-heat mechanics, they shouldn't be a problem on their own.

Spoiler

On 4/13/2018 at 1:30 PM, RavenActual said:

I really wish there was a way to disable the shadow wolves from showing up at all, not just avoid an invasion.

Playing as a werewolf king they're really irritating to how I like to play, and constantly impregnating everyone in my dynasty to the point where 2/3 kids in my family are from random wolves constantly showing up, and my concubines are impregnated so fast out from under me that I basically have to constantly be impregnating them myself if I want kids because they spend most of their lives knocked up by the shadow wolves.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, Skycobra51 said:

It's probably not possible, but is there a way to disable the night wolves from spawning or failing that delete them entirely? I tried commenting out line 111 of " /mod/events/NoxDPA-OnAction_events.txt " but it didn't seem to work. They still spawned regardless. Not really game breaking as I can smite them with console commands, just curious.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:15 PM, Kjojo said:

Yeah, Night Wolves are really annoying. They fk people left and right like rabbits. My future daughter-wife always gets deflowered by them before I have the chance to taste her. Darn.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:31 PM, Skycobra51 said:

kill command is really helpful. But it's like playing whack a mole. Kill one and two more pop up. Been attempting to add a rule that completely shuts them off, but no dice, since I don't know how rules modding works.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:43 PM, Kjojo said:

I always activate Nox' cheats on so that I can immediately imprison them to sacrifice them to Lilith.

However, the issue is that some random wolves just pop up outside of my court (a courtier or vassal of my direct vassals) and for some reason they are able to bang my daughter every-fking-time. No, they even impregnate my courtiers and only when they give birth I know that those wolves infiltrated my domain. They seek every hole possible to breed.

On 4/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, Skycobra51 said:

Only issue with that, is that they keep respawning, they're like orks in that regard :confused:

Anyway, I've been trying multiple ways to keep them from spawning. I'm examining if the purge_centaurs game rule can be used as a base to make a purge_nightwolves rule. Also looking into a purge decision.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:17 PM, Tebix said:

Here is a modified file to disable the events. simply replace the file in ~Crusader Kings II\mod\NoxBestiasDarkestPerversionsAlone\events

NoxDPA-OnAction_events.txt

On 4/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, Skycobra51 said:

Which events does it disable?

On 4/18/2018 at 3:17 PM, Tebix said:

The werewolf one, which lags the game and turns everyone into an werewolf

On 4/18/2018 at 3:56 PM, Skycobra51 said:

Ah.

So what files/events would I need to comment out to stop the night wolves from generating at game start?

On 4/18/2018 at 5:35 PM, Tebix said:

It is already all done in the file I made available

On 4/18/2018 at 9:27 PM, Skycobra51 said:

Unfortunately they still spawned

On 4/19/2018 at 5:01 AM, Tebix said:

Did you start a new game?

On 4/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, Skycobra51 said:

Yep. Several times. Granfather wolf and friends still appeared.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:05 PM, shenlongyzc said:

Firstly, thanks for ur job, ur mod (and DW reborn) is pretty famous in China actually. Really fun lol

I am glad you enjoy!  I had no idea about the popularity in China; I think I blushed when I read this.

1 hour ago, SOMETHINGHIP said:

I just want to be banged by hot wolf dads. I don't want the save bloat though ;^) 

Yep, but first I have to get it so that it doesn't CTD at the start of a new game.  Frustrating thing to try to debug.  Nevermind, got that fixed.  I am going to try to get a mini-update out this weekend, maybe today if things go well.

Version 0.0.1.0.3 has been uploaded!

This is another hotfix to try to make things playable as I work on bugs and features.  I ran a game for about 20 years and watched as the children of Grandfather Wolf slowly died out and did not breed on their own.  I do not know what all is broken, especially with Dark World Reborn. 

One known bug is NoxDPAonActionEvent.110, which should have been disabled before uploading, but I forgot.  As of right now it doesn't do anything so it doesn't matter which option you choose when it pops up.

v0.0.1.0.3  2018-05-25  hotfix#3:

1. remove in-heat/breeding mechanics for now
  2. remove massive furry seeding for now (will re-evaluate how I do this based on user-selected rule settings and possibly events)
  3. Utilize the new mod-foldered coat of arms system (interface/coat_of_arms) to increase ease of compatibility with other mods

NOTE: Since there has been some confusion, here are the 3 mods that need selected for use with Dark World Reborn:

image.png.3ec22f7571b0517ff4304a04592b40c3.png

Have you checked the latest changelog? There are various very interesting thingies for modders.

Especially:

- Added set_immune_to_pruning command. Prevents a character from being pruned from AI courts or removed from save games. WARNING: the effects cannot be undone
- Added is_immune_to_pruning trigger. Checks if the character has specifically been made immune to pruning either by script or the game internally

14 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Have you checked the latest changelog? There are various very interesting thingies for modders.

Especially:

- Added set_immune_to_pruning command. Prevents a character from being pruned from AI courts or removed from save games. WARNING: the effects cannot be undone
- Added is_immune_to_pruning trigger. Checks if the character has specifically been made immune to pruning either by script or the game internally

Yep!!! :) Several of them caught my eye.  In fact, the aforementioned (broken/unready) "NoxDPAonActionEvent.110" event is triggered by the new on_bethrothal on_action.

There are a few on_actions that send to the employers of both parties involved (on_marraige and on_bethrothal are my focus right now).  I don't know why I can't seem to get it through my head how to make it so that if both parties have the same employer that employer doesn't get the event twice.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:28 PM, NoxBestia said:

Night Wolves

Some of you (14 messages related to the topic are quoted in the spoiler below) have requested disabling of the Night Wolves.?  At this time I am not offering that option; however, with the disabling of the in-heat mechanics and disabling the initial seeding of Night Wolves into all kingdoms and empires, they should no longer be a problem in your games.  Grandfather Wolf and his immediate spawn will still generate for now as well.  I expect they'll mostly die out without the in_heat mechanics, but I haven't tested it yet.  

Eventually the spawning of all Night Wolves but GrandFather Wolf (a crucial NPC for many of my existing and planned mechanics) will be under player control based on the Night Wolf Invasion rule settings.  In the future, the building of certain Hall of Discretion buildings and some reactions to certain events may cause Night Wolves to be spawned regardless of the rule settings.  Again, without the out-of-control in-heat mechanics, they shouldn't be a problem on their own.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry... It's not that I dislike the Night Wolves, I think they're pretty cool actually, it's just that in a game where I'm already playing Dark World werewolves they seem to conflict. And it's not the fact that they exist that I have a problem with at all it's that they are so uncontrollably horny they literally impregnate everyone. My king can have a harem of five lovers and they usually spend most of their lives pregnant with Night Wolf offspring.

1 hour ago, RavenActual said:

Sorry... It's not that I dislike the Night Wolves, I think they're pretty cool actually, it's just that in a game where I'm already playing Dark World werewolves they seem to conflict. And it's not the fact that they exist that I have a problem with at all it's that they are so uncontrollably horny they literally impregnate everyone. My king can have a harem of five lovers and they usually spend most of their lives pregnant with Night Wolf offspring.

Not a problem.  My special breeding mechanics were a major fail.  They should be manageable in the current version.  I ran the game longer and they didn't totally die out, nor have they taken over the world, so all seems good.

Currently, I'm most concerned about changes to Dark World reborn that I have missed and my mod is unintentionally overriding due to the things that I do intentionally override.  In the overall scheme of it, I want to make sure people can have fun with this, and I know it wasn't fun as it was in the past two iterations.