1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

Would the SoS detection of this mod conflict with the same feature Eager NPCs has? Eager's is based on crosshair detection of the NPC and can be disabled in MCM.

Gender Bender is a dedicated mod for SoS/gender detection.  It won't conflict with Eager NPCs, but there is also no need to use Eager NPCs' detection system if you are also using Gender Bender.

19 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Hm, an old problem I thought I fixed...

1. Before you switch, is the schlong size displayed correctly in the Gender Bender MCM?
  2. After you switch, does the Gender Bender MCM show size 1 or does it show the size you're supposed to have?
  3. When you go female, are you using a pubic hair or schlongifier SoS addon, or are you using nothing?

1. Yes

2. MCM shows 1 

3. I am now... noticed that in the forum, must've missed it. Using SOS Female Schlongifier (No Schlong Addon) v1.0 seems to solve it like you said.

8 hours ago, Avisira77 said:

3. I am now... noticed that in the forum, must've missed it. Using SOS Female Schlongifier (No Schlong Addon) v1.0 seems to solve it like you said.

Use of the schlongifier addon was supposed to be a workaround until I got the problem fixed, but apparently my fix wasn't working correctly.  There is a new version now that should (hopefully!) resolve the issue for good.

37 minutes ago, Kira shadowstep said:

Not sure why but the mcm menu isn't showing up for me. 

That's a tough one to diagnose.  If it's on a preexisting save, I've had them take a long time before they load new MCMs before.  I really don't know what else could be going wrong.

8 minutes ago, Holzfrau said:

That's a tough one to diagnose.  If it's on a preexisting save, I've had them take a long time before they load new MCMs before.  I really don't know what else could be going wrong.

Thanks Holzfrau! It is a pre-existing save so maybe that's what it is. I'll try on a new game.

2 minutes ago, Corsec said:

How script-heavy is this mod? Does it regularly run scripts in the background during gameplay?

It is not script-heavy, but it does regularly run scripts in the background; that is to say, the scripts are never doing anything heavy duty.  The Update Interval in the MCM controls how often they fire.  I keep forgetting to change the default from 5 seconds, which is more frequent than needed.  You can increase that value if you're worried about script load - I want to default it to 15, but you could go to 30 or perhaps even much higher and be okay.

Im having some problems with the mod.

Using ERF horse penis 2, this schlong seems to be auto selected both for regular schlong and swapped schlong, resulting in no change whatsoever when i click the quick change button. even when i manually set the regular schlong to no schlong for regular schlong, it resets to ERF Horse after one change.

Any idea what could cause this?

Edit: I seem to have gotten things working now, i have no idea what caused it.

Thank you for the mod!

Edit2: its back, still no idea what causes it. will just have to disable/enable mods until it works.

meanwhile, if anyone has any idea of what causes this, i would appreciate it if you would help.

Edit3: forgot i disabled Female Schlongifier, reenabling it made things work again.

Once again, thank you for the mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to do random chance that a female NPC has a penis?

I did it b3lisario's method of 10% UNP 90% vector etc.. but Gender Bender seems to recognize every female as a male, regardless of if the junk is actually there. Maybe this is conflict with another mod, could you let me know?

10 hours ago, SoulDinosuar said:

Is it possible to do random chance that a female NPC has a penis?

I did it b3lisario's method of 10% UNP 90% vector etc.. but Gender Bender seems to recognize every female as a male, regardless of if the junk is actually there. Maybe this is conflict with another mod, could you let me know?

I doubt there will be a mod conflict here, but could you explain exactly what you mean by "regardless of if the junk is actually there"?  What addons are you using?

Well using the B3lisario UNP addon, then having 10% chance of the UNP penis, and a 90% chance of the male version. So only 10% of female npcs would have a penis. The method below. 

The problem is, it appears that even if there is no penis for the 90% of the time, Gender bender recognizes them as male.

On 8/11/2013 at 4:10 AM, b3lisario said:

Configure the MCM. "NPC schlong type probability" in the MCM menus, SOS, UNP tab. This will propagate the probability to all races. The value for the global setting doesn't change, it's normal. For a 10% surprise chance, set the muscular schlong to 90%, and the UNP to 10%

13 hours ago, SoulDinosuar said:

Well using the B3lisario UNP addon, then having 10% chance of the UNP penis, and a 90% chance of the male version. So only 10% of female npcs would have a penis. The method below. 

The problem is, it appears that even if there is no penis for the 90% of the time, Gender bender recognizes them as male.

Okay, so it appears you are using a schlong addon that is intended for males as a way to cheat in "no schlong" as a random option for female characters.  Gender Bender is not designed to detect if a schlong addon is properly applying a schlong to a character or not.

I imagine that b3lisario's instructions to do it this way came before the more elegant solution of an empty schlong addon for females - the Schlongifier addon.  You will need to start using that addon (and you should also revert your changes to any male-only addons) for Gender Bender to work correctly.

11 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Okay, so it appears you are using a schlong addon that is intended for males as a way to cheat in "no schlong" as a random option for female characters.  Gender Bender is not designed to detect if a schlong addon is properly applying a schlong to a character or not.

I imagine that b3lisario's instructions to do it this way came before the more elegant solution of an empty schlong addon for females - the Schlongifier addon.  You will need to start using that addon (and you should also revert your changes to any male-only addons) for Gender Bender to work correctly.

Ah I see, thanks for the information.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 5:02 PM, xarvenius said:

i have encountered a small problem when using this mod togetehr with sgoIII ( https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1247-soulgem-oven-iii/ ).

when i activate gender bende in the mcm sgoIII starts to spam the upper left corner with gender changing messages but once i deactive cgender bender it stops, even if no actuall gender change occurs.

I know this is supposed to be fixed, but... I was having a similar issue just now, and decided to look into it a bit. It's not constantly spamming the message, but it does pop up often, especially in larger open areas - I'm guessing it might just be whenever I pass by any characters the mod hasn't scanned yet? In which case, I'm thinking it probably isn't actually an issue with this mod, but rather with SGO just not expecting OnGenderChange events to occur so frequently...? That said, though, I'm still curious: is there anything that could be done with this mod to suppress those messages from popping up so often, or should I just go ahead and comment out the Debug.Notification line in SGO's script?

2 hours ago, Rogue_Kitsune said:

I know this is supposed to be fixed, but... I was having a similar issue just now, and decided to look into it a bit. It's not constantly spamming the message, but it does pop up often, especially in larger open areas - I'm guessing it might just be whenever I pass by any characters the mod hasn't scanned yet? In which case, I'm thinking it probably isn't actually an issue with this mod, but rather with SGO just not expecting OnGenderChange events to occur so frequently...? That said, though, I'm still curious: is there anything that could be done with this mod to suppress those messages from popping up so often, or should I just go ahead and comment out the Debug.Notification line in SGO's script?

Gender Bender uses an alias fill to find NPCs to examine.  In a crowded area, it will only ever be looking at the nearest 20 people, which will change as you move around.  So you are correct that the gender change messages continue to appear as it picks up new characters over time.  But they should eventually cease once it's gotten everyone.

It should only be changing gender if it finds something that doesn't match up, so be sure to let me know if it looks like the gender change messages are happening needlessly.  If everything appears to be in working order there, you'll have to comment out that line if you don't want the message spam.

4 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Gender Bender uses an alias fill to find NPCs to examine.  In a crowded area, it will only ever be looking at the nearest 20 people, which will change as you move around.  So you are correct that the gender change messages continue to appear as it picks up new characters over time.  But they should eventually cease once it's gotten everyone.

It should only be changing gender if it finds something that doesn't match up, so be sure to let me know if it looks like the gender change messages are happening needlessly.  If everything appears to be in working order there, you'll have to comment out that line if you don't want the message spam.

Thanks for the quick response! Good to know it is working correctly - I guess it's just having to work a lot since this is nearly a new game, and there's a ton of extra NPCs from using a few of the Populated mods, and I think I set it to give every female NPC an SOS addon...! Think I will go comment that line out, then. :)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Avisira77 said:

the Blisaro UNP addon wont show up in gender bender

It does for me, as seen in the right side of this screenshot from the main post:

9878793e82a8885e4e9dd714c9c11310-mcm_2.j

Could you provide me a list of the SOS addons you're using, for both male and female?

10 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

It does for me, as seen in the right side of this screenshot from the main post:

9878793e82a8885e4e9dd714c9c11310-mcm_2.j

Could you provide me a list of the SOS addons you're using, for both male and female?

I got'er figured.... restarted SOS, problem solved lol  *face-palm*

• 1 month later...

Ok i have updated to the newest version of gender bender however i am still having a strange problem whenever i swap from having a schlong to back to not having one it overwrites the no schlong with the one i was currently just in and the only way for me to fix that was to go into the MCM and manually change it every single time. It doesn't matter if i use the button in the MCM or the quick swap i get the same results. Any idea as to why that is happening?

2 hours ago, Zanzuki93 said:

Ok i have updated to the newest version of gender bender however i am still having a strange problem whenever i swap from having a schlong to back to not having one it overwrites the no schlong with the one i was currently just in and the only way for me to fix that was to go into the MCM and manually change it every single time. It doesn't matter if i use the button in the MCM or the quick swap i get the same results. Any idea as to why that is happening?

Some things to try:

1. Make sure SexLab is initialized on the save you're using.  It probably is, but Gender Bender's gender detection system goes haywire if it's not.
  2. Try to save and then reload your game, to ensure Gender Bender is tracking schlong addons properly.  If SexLab wasn't enabled per the prior step, reloading a save where it is will probably fix your problem.
  3. If you had to do anything to correct the previous steps, try reselecting the addon you use while female in the Gender Bender MCM and see if that straightens things out.

If none of the above options fixes your problem, I'll need some more info to go on.  A list of the SOS addons you're using would be a good start.  The Papyrus log from loading a save with script logging enabled would also be helpful.