This (and rapetats of course) is a great idea, and I'm enjoying seeing my Dragonborn gaining some decorations.  But, although "tattoos are permanent" is clicked off in Rapetatoos, no tattoos are showing as being "tracked" In Fadetattoos.  So I'm only getting half the experience - the better half, I suppose!

Do the two .esp's have to be loaded in a particular order?  Currently Fadetattoos is directly below Rapetattoos in MO.

I ran into this. I have the three esp's as:

Fade Tattoos

Rape Tattoos

Slave Tats

which got it working for me. It seems to need Slave Tats last I'm not sure that Fade/Rape order matters but I haven't tested as this setup worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I still seem to be stuck without FadeTattoos working at all (that is, the MCM menu is there, but nothing ever shows up under "tracked tattoos".  Should there be any mention of it (or rapetattoos) in the Papyrus log?  Because there isn't.

I have the .esps loading in the order: fadetattoos, rapetattoos, slave tats  (Full load order attached).

I've started a new game with the three .esps active, and I still see no sign of FadeTattoos working.  Though Rapetattoos always has worked (assuming it's the one giving the "...left you a memento" message, not that something else is providing that!

So, I'm a bit baffled, but still hopeful!

Well, I'll be dipped.  I disabled fadetattoos & rapetattoos, saved, cleaned up scripts with savetools, re-enabled them, and used rapetattoos' debug feature to add a tattoo.  There was a delay (does Fade only check every couple of hours?) but then the new tattoo did appear.  Woo-hoo!

loadorder.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you, Thank you :smile:,  this is awesome.  I've been waiting for this a long time.  I was trying to modify your script to do that with every tattoo, but always had compilation error from other script.  Your really nailed it :smiley:.

In the next version if you do one could you set a general time for every tattoo?  I have a vampire succubus hybrid and she regenerate fast.  The tattoo should only last, like 48 hours top, before the skin is fully regenerated.

I don't really need the next one as it is past, but for Werewolves, after they shift, the skin should be healed.  Like you cut them and they shift the cut disappear.  Tattoo should do the same.  I was doing it by going into the Slavetats mcm and removing the tattoo.

I digress :blush:... Thanks for this, It is way more fun now to see all the tattoo fade.  Kudos ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having this issue? When i use the debug feature to put on tattoos they're completely fine, but if i use slavetats menu the tattoos randomly disapper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I recently installed this mod and Rape tattoos. Overall, I am very happy with how they work. I can force colors, force glow, and dictate how long the slavetats last. In fact, they may work too well -

I changed the available slots for body tattoos to 20 (though only 12 show up in slavetats mcm). That's fine with me. However, when creating my dragonborn I wanted her to have a permanent tattoo. It's a large dragon on her right side. And I can only apply it via racemenu - it is not available via slavetats. I thought this would be perfect; I could have a permanent tattoo and temporary lingering tattoos. Didn't work out that way.

What happens is that it will eventually disappear, just like all the slavetat tats, and it isn't tracked by Fade tattoos. I tried using the first body tat slot. It showed up in slavetats, but greyed out and inaccessible. Then I tried using slot 20, so it didn't appear in any of the 12 slavetats body tats in the mcm at all.  Unfortunately, I deleted the saves where I had excessive tattoos because they were just to figure out some new mods. So far my dragonborn has her big ol' side tattoo - but I think that's because no slavetats for that area have been applied. What I think is happening is that when a tattoo shares the space with my permanent tattoo, both will fade and disappear instead of just slavetats.

Is this what's supposed to happen? Oh, I did click the 'locked' option in settings. Should I unclick/disable it? 'Permanent' is still unchecked because I don't want my slavetats to be permanent.

I use Mod Organizer and the 3 mods are loaded in this order:  Rape, Fade, Slavetats.

Thank you.

I've never tested how the mod interacts with tattoos added via the racemenu but what you say about tattoos sharing the same slot sounds correct.

To make one tattoo permanent but not all of them, just adding the permanent tattoo via the slave-tats menu should work. Fade-tats doesn't track tattoos unless a mod tells it to and untracked tattoos should not fade. (and if the tattoo does get tracked for whatever reason you should be able to un-track it via the fate-tats menu)

I appreciate the quick response, however I can't add this tattoo via Slavetats. I can only add it in the character creator/racemenu. And, as I said earlier, it is not tracked in Fade Tattoos - at least not visibly. The tattoo is from KJ Tattoos - Overlay Plugins for Racemenu. I'll provide a log (as it stands, since tattoo is still perfectly visible) and load order if you think it would help, but everything seems to be working fine except for this one quirk.

Thanks again.

hmm, getting slavetats&fadetats to work properly with tattoos added externally like that may be tricky.

If you just want to use the tattoo assets from KJ Tattoos I could create a version compatible with SlaveTats. From what I can tell it's just a case of moving stuff around and setting up a config file.

14 hours ago, xj47 said:

hmm, getting slavetats&fadetats to work properly with tattoos added externally like that may be tricky.

If you just want to use the tattoo assets from KJ Tattoos I could create a version compatible with SlaveTats. From what I can tell it's just a case of moving stuff around and setting up a config file.

I appreciate the offer. If the other mod author doesn't mind then that might be good to have because there are some nice tats in there. Hmm, nice, why does that sound inconsistent w/ slavetats? :D.

I don't think it would help me with this character, though. I'd still have to go into racemenu to adjust the color. More than once, because in the past tats I applied via slavetats and then adjusted in racemenu for color frequently reverted to the slavetats color. I'm not an easy person, am I?

I did have another thought, though, and I may be way off-base - what if I added the tat to the Fade Tattoos .json file and set it to exclusive?

6 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

I appreciate the offer. If the other mod author doesn't mind then that might be good to have because there are some nice tats in there. Hmm, nice, why does that sound inconsistent w/ slavetats? :D.

hmm, actually looking at the mod page it looks like the creator doesn't want any derivative works whatsoever.

And ya, the naming of these mods is not super accurate. There are not really "tattoos" since you can have them fade over time, and for rape-tats they don't even need to added on rape. So really the mod should be called Maybe-rape-tattooish-things : P

I know fade tattoo can pick locked tattoos and add them to be tracked, and have they progress along and fade.

Including tattoos added from RapeTattoos to be permanent.

Could you add a hardcore toggle for this option, to disable it? (For now I've been using version 0.4 where this option does not exist, so this is not a priority, and I can make the permanent tattoos truly permanent in game w/ this version)

Yes I know it is something truly niche, but for me being able to remove tattoos, after setting them as locked/permanent is kinda dissapointing.

(Just having the option available without a way to lock it out, detracts from my personal experience)

But as said, for now I'm using 0.4. So thanks for considering this suggestion.

Suggestions:

Spoiler

1) A setting, where you simply disable access to the menu where you allow the player to pick tattoos to fade on fadetattoos (could be via json setting) or

2) A more complex version where you add the option for Fadetattos to never allow certain tattoos to be tracked/removed by Fadetattoos and also change Rapetattoos to offer this option for the tattoos being added from it)

Example for case 2:

If never track tattoo X from Rapetattoo is on, Fadetattoo only shows the tattoo name and does not allow it to fade.

50 minutes ago, Loki15kun said:

I know fade tattoo can pick locked tattoos and add them to be tracked, and have they progress along and fade.

Including tattoos added from RapeTattoos to be permanent.

Could you add a hardcore toggle for this option, to disable it? (For now I've been using version 0.4 where this option does not exist, so this is not a priority, and I can make the permanent tattoos truly permanent in game w/ this version)

Yes I know it is something truly niche, but for me being able to remove tattoos, after setting them as locked/permanent is kinda dissapointing.

(Just having the option available without a way to lock it out, detracts from my personal experience)

But as said, for now I'm using 0.4. So thanks for considering this suggestion.

Suggestions:

Hide contents

1) A setting, where you simply disable access to the menu where you allow the player to pick tattoos to fade on fadetattoos (could be via json setting) or

2) A more complex version where you add the option for Fadetattos to never allow certain tattoos to be tracked/removed by Fadetattoos and also change Rapetattoos to offer this option for the tattoos being added from it)

Example for case 2:

If never track tattoo X from Rapetattoo is on, Fadetattoo only shows the tattoo name and does not allow it to fade.

hmm
Personally I don't like those sorts of settings since they make it very hard to deal with bugs but you do you.
I'll do suggestion #1 and just add a simple option that disables the management screen. That shouldn't take much work on my part.

Question: does Fade Tattoos get calls, or can it get calls from other mods (not just Rape Tattoos)?

Would it be simpler to limit the scope of Fade tattoos to those in the Rape Tattoo .json file? If the tattoo is not listed, then it doesn't exist as far as Fade Tattoos is concerned and therefore doesn't fade and is never tracked. There's no point in tracking it if it doesn't fade out.

Since I'm not a programmer I might be talking through my hat and you can ignore me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am filing this under 'go figure'. Why? you ask (but you're probably not).

My permanent, non-slavetat tattoos are not fading anymore. I didn't say anything until I was covered with tattoos and they faded without taking my two character chosen tattoos with them. So, like I said, 'go figure'. I have no idea why they didn't fade, though I'm glad they didn't. I'm just going to keep on moseying along.

Thank you for your earlier responses and the work you did on this and Rape tattoos.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:23 AM, The Sage Of the SIx Faps said:

Is this compatible with special edition?

On 3/4/2021 at 3:24 AM, gnarlygag said:

^^ Anyone know if this works with SE

Converted the esp to Form 44 and works fine to me