Men who play women and get them raped

Wolborg

Personally, while I am a male myself, I play as female characters in all games that give me the option to.

This is not because I fantasize about being a woman, or even because I want to "role-play" as a woman. Unlike some players, perhaps, I *never* play games (regardless of having a male or female lead) with the mindset that I "am" the player-character, or that the player-character is "me, if I was in that game's world". I play with a much more detached, "observer" sort of mindset. The player-character and myself (as the person playing the game) are always two separate things, and I approach the character I'm playing the game as that way. Instead of thoughts like: "What would I do in such-and-such situation?"; I think: "What would my character do in such-and-such situation?" or "How would my character respond if such-and-such happened to them?". I never look at it as if it was what would "I" do, it's what would "they" do.

Perhaps in part because of this detachment, I also prefer to play as female characters because in most cases I either A] Enjoy the design of the female characters more than the male designs; B] Enjoy the idea of whatever story is taking place in the game world being lead by a female lead character rather than a male one.

Agreed on this. Every character I make has a unique personality, look and backstory. Sometimes stuff that happens ingame changes some traits sometimes everything is set in stone.

It's storytime, really.

I feel that's a very dangerous, and very inaccurate, way of thinking, in the same camp as the media outragers who revile violent video games as catalysts for violent behavior, which have time and again been disproven due to a complete lack of correlation shown, yet continue to fester up like so many old wounds. I believe there is a major, enormous difference between an interest in seeing certain content in fiction, and an interest in actually doing so. There are more barriers in the way of doing something reprehensible or illegal than simply "social repercussions". Using rape content as the example of the day, one might be cowed from actually doing so because of the law, yes, but other reasons include basic human empathy from knowing that such an action causes extreme distress in the victim, and the knowledge that they would not appreciate being the victim in such a real life scenario either.

Remember that humans in general, for all their flaws and emotions, do possess level enough heads to not immediately devolve into anarchy the moment social constructs are removed from them.

You're half right, half wrong.

There is definitely this question about "killing in video games". But what and who do you kill in video games? Monsters, bandits, sometimes animals. Sometimes you even kill Heimskr or Braith but it's the same. The purpose is not murdering, the purpose is taking the flesh of an animal, defending your life, taking a treasure, getting rid of evil doers, dangerous creatures or silencing anoying npcs. Games don't put you in the role of a serial killer who enters houses to have you kill children and their parents to leave them in ponds of blood for no reason and I don't know anyone who plays Skyrim like that. And if a game were to make you do that kind of things it would be for storytelling reasons and there would be some consequences for your character at some point in the story. Killing is not the purpose, the consequence of killing is the purpose.

I have to reject what you say about empathy. Rape means no empathy. It's the definition of rape, you force yourself on someone, whether it is a video game or reality. The medium is irrelevant, since one's fantasy is the expression of his desire. The desire of rape isn't born from the game, the game is just the medium used to satisfy it. Contrary to killing, raping is the purpose here. And one uses raping instead of lovemaking because he wants the idea of violence. There is no empathy.

But obviously there are not thousands of rapist in the streets. So why? Because of social repercussions. You thought I was talking about the law. That's not what I meant. I meant that you have certain priorities in your life. Maybe eating tomorrow, having a wife, children, a job, being able to invite your neighbors, going to the cinema. All of this takes a good part of your life and that little fantasy about rape is far behind a lot of things for most people because it contradicts most of them. If you were to put "rape" at the top of the list it would immediately have consequences for everything else. Obviously most people prefer by far having a family life than delving into their little "dark side" for a few minutes of "selfish pleasure". And that's also the real reason why you are able to do it ingame, there are no social repercussion. You can rape a girl in the middle of whiterun and talk to her and enter the inn casually one minute after and adopt a kid.

ps : yeah I'm feeding the topic a bit here but since I'm not english such threads are a good opportunity to practice^^

That is just not right. People kill the townsfolk in Skyrim or Citiziens in GTA just for the fun of it. Then there are games like Hitman or Assassin's Creed were you play Killers.

So if I had the opportunity to simply shoot a person without any consequences in real life. My Government says it's fine, my friends and family say it's fine (I mean they wouldn't but let's go with that idea). Would I shoot that person?

Of course not! I don't want to be someone to end someones elses life. It would haunt me for the rest of my life and I would have denied another human being the right to continue his or her life.

So let's go to the next scenario:

I come home and the same weird family as in the last example leaves a chained naked woman lying in my bed, the girl of my dreams, because that is the kind of stuff we do in that fictional country were everything is fine or whatever: Would I rape her?

Fuck no!

This time I wouldn't only make sure my own future holds a lot of sobbing, depression and regret in it, no this time that goes for another person as well.

Why would I do that?

Rape is a disgusting to me. Murder is disgusting to me. War is disgusting to me. Racism is disgusting to me.

Rape Fantasies are my kink. Dishonored 2 is my game of the year. Battlefield games are fun. Emporer Palpatine was one hell of a great Villain.

So if real life had save points, would I rape and murder my way through the world?

No. I wouldn not and everyone who would do it, should go and see a doctor because something isn't right with their brain.

This might come off like I'd be pissed now. I am not.

I just wanted to make it very clear that social repercussions are by far not the only thing that is keeping guys and girls who play non-con mods from going out there on a rampage.

Sure there might be some people who see it that way but then they are sick in the head.

Cannibal Corpse (Band) don't torture abducted fans in their basement either and yet their lyrics are disturbing shit.

@OP:

In my case there are two reasons why I play a female character and use rape mods:

1) I like rapy stuff, it's my fetish.

2) Said character is the main protagonist of a story that is going on in my head. Those stories are influenced by stuff I like. Archery, Sword fighting, medieval battles, grim fantasy worlds and yes, my fetishes. Rape, Slavery, Humiliation.

I had a Slaver once who abducted lot's of characters and took advantage of some of the female ones.

He was a sick bastard because I wanted him to be a sick bastard.

I also had a strong, female character whose adventures included forced sexual encounters with enemies or people who jumped her from behind. Once she got even enslaved.

She was never happy about that and struggled as much as possible or tried to escape.

She was a good hearted Heroine who got in sexual trouble at times because I wanted her to be just that.

Neither of them were "me". It's stories and I am the author/reader. Mods help me to throw in a bit of spicey and sexy scenarios.

Sure I could just let the girl I mentioned above walk into a bandit camp naked and trigger a scene with a sex-spell if I just wanted to watch sex but that is immersion breaking and I always want my characters to stay in character.

It's an interesting question for sure, and i'll attempt to answer you:

From the beginning, I always use to play as a male exclusively, and what type of male character that appealed me generally had an androgynous aesthetic. It was just easier to identify and fill the shoes of a character that was closer to myself. Pretty much every male character I had since morrowind was always a slender pretty boy with long hair and a bit of muscle definition.

As the years went by, the options for this became less and less, having been replaced with bald 5 o'clock shadow Mr.Big McToughguy #9325, who would generally also be sporting retarded foot ball shoulder pad armour to over inflate his size. 

Around the time Oblivion became the big thing for me, I had found out about the Lover's/sexdarkness mods on 4chan and naturally came over here, as sex seemed like a neat way to add more interactions to the game where interactions were sorely lacking. Immediately set about trying to win the hearts of girls all over Cyrrodiil... and this was before the days of the Oblivion Character Overhaul, so i definitely had quite the trouble finding pretty ones. There were other overhauls, but they were far too cartoonish or anime for my taste and just kinda broke the gritty world I had set up.

Then came more and more mods that centered on a Female player character, and I figured why the hell not, i'll give it a shot! Turns out playing the female character with those mods installed, it made the danger all more real, stakes are far more higher... which strangely made things more fun than I had thought! It made sneaking through hostile keeps way more intense: If i'm caught I could be held prisoner, used and abused,  and sold off, I could lose everything I owned, which in turn could serve as an excellent story catalyst for the character. On the flipside, as a male character, all you'd have to worry about is a swift death in battle and your troubles are over.

Other perks came with this too: Rather than dealing with awful random facegen characters, you could simply focus on one character to beautify and worry about, which in turn could explain the world's fascination with her, like she was hand chiseled by Dibella herself.
One is also not entirely beholden to crap AI this way as well, because let me tell you, the marriage and lover system in Skyrim is pretty much a joke.
Via mods, way more interesting outfits and bodies one could use to make ANY type of character just about

To wrap things up, another interesting aspect of this is that while I try to identify with a male character if I'm playing one, playing as a female character is much more 3rd person and spectatorial. More of a watch and see what happens type of deal.

this is a fascinating topic so I want to add my 2 cents here.

I'm a male and I like to play Female characters, specifically because I don't want to stare at a guys ass all day long in 3rd person as I enjoy the female figure very much so, and i would think most of the guys here would agree. I also want to see my female protagonist go through some harsh humiliating situations, it's all about the fantasy, even in BDSM/Alternative lifestyle communities the fantasy is what keeps everyone happy and interested. In a video game though you don't need permission and your partner cant just blow you off outright because they are human, have rights, and huge social repercussions (Don't be a ASS). For video games though, no permission, no backlash, complete control, pure psychology 101 for the perfect medium to knock out your favorite fantasy, get your kicks, then hopefully rejoin society as a perfectly functioning human being with no pent up emotion or other feelings and nobody is the wiser.

Psychology is the biggest factor though and I'm trying to make that point to the original post. I want you guys just to hear me out on this...

I like to study the work of Michael Tsarion and a few others about genetic memory and how it relates to psychology. In his work he talks about a Trauma that mankind went through during the cataclysms that completely leveled civilizations world wide, but one important one is with women and the higher beings that interacted with man such as Angels, Demons, Aliens, Extra-Dimensional entities, whatever it was it was recorded in the stories all over the world in their folk tales and mythologies. Whatever higher being came unto the daughters of man... but I don't remember if any of the original tales actually said anything about the women resisting them at all, and most of the stories are filled with goddesses or women with high positions of power.... your lilliths, loth, Pandora, Herra, Freya, Morgana, Kali, or Mother of Grendal types etc... who birthed monsters and set misfortunes and disasters on the world and that when the abuse got so bad at some point that a Hero had to be appointed to stop them. Something about those women in the stories, but not all women, that set a deep Trauma in the genetic memory of man.

Again i'm not saying it was all women back in antediluvian time (pre-flood/cataclysm) and I know they are just mythology, but the mythos still draws on the unconscious mind true or not, so in the very least it was something that was so bad back then that men on a base level have a type of hatred for women, again not applying to every man either. It can be seen if you look at the history books where the treatment of women just blew out of proportion at one point and continued, obviously getting better as it closes to present day, but still leaving a resentment for man in the psyche of women for the punishment on a whole done only by a few. You could see why some women get so submissive toward an abusive man based on some kind of genetic guilt and why a lot of men only THINK about the abuse but never carry it out because there is a Trauma that they cant pinpoint but they know it wasn't the fault of the woman in front of them. 

Video games are a, in my opinion, healthy alternative way to release stress that has been building up on an unconscious level as a result of the way women have been treating men in society in the modern era, far removed from the initial  trauma but still lingering generations later... almost the same aspect that a cat or chicken raised in captivity never seeing a snake before in its life tires to climb curtains and jumps 10' high to get away from a rubber one.

Again pointing back to the original post about trying to relate to what a man would be thinking to want to play a female who gets raped or humiliated, I would say you would have to be a man to understand the fundamentals of a fantasy like that. Again not saying all men are like that, I would think just as many are repulsed by the idea as are intrigued by it. I do have to say this though, it is a video game, no actual people are getting hurt, but you are only seeing the "DEPICTION" of rape, its not actual rape... but another important note, is it actually rape since you wanted it for your character, the player being the moral authority of the character the same way you decide where a car goes since it cant do anything without you, you have to go out of your way to install the mods so if you wanted it... is it rape?

Why do girls and women like Twilight? Why do men!?

Haha, whatever it might be, someone will enjoy it, and some won't ever be able to grasp why. *shrug* If as an adult you can't even relate or empathize with those feelings even the slightest bit, I doubt it's worth trying, it's beyond the cultural environment you were raised in.

But I'll advice to look inwards first, and ask yourself why you're uncomfortable with what challenges your perception, before asking others. Not ask why people do what they do, but why you think that's odd/wrong, the answers might hold less water than you thought.

As long as it doesn't hinder the life and enjoyment of someone else I at least won't label it as bad or evil. You do you.

"Preference."

I'm always amused at the amount of people who will campaign to get rid of bad sex before getting rid of murder.

Is it more acceptable when my nord takes his 12 inch, hard steel blade, grabs the elf by her throat, and slowly slides every single inch into her protesting, gasping form... over and over again, until he is satisfied, and she lay motionless on the floor, in a pool of her own fluids?

Granted it is disgusting and degrading and being someone who has known people who have been raped it is pretty damaging to someone's mental and physical health. Now as for the question if it in a game is it a issue? I would say yes it is with this one simple fact. If you do not condone rape in the real world then why would you condone rape in a game? Simple because it doesn't hurt anyone?

Rape is horrific because of the trauma someone is getting put through. There is no trauma being transferred onto a video game, its just a collection of code, textures and 3d models. Without a victim there is no rape. 

Lets say you're with a partner who shares the domination & submission fetish and you've both consented to roleplaying a rape, is that then classified as rape? If so, is it merely because you personally don't understand it, or are offended by it?

I don't play my NSFW build of Skyrim to get my female characters raped. The rape part of the game is just a consequence of me fucking up ingame, and paying for it in the process. It's also an alternative to dying in Skyrim, and I think it brings the game to life more and makes it immersive because I highly doubt any female character in a medieval world is going to get off easy after being defeated by a bunch of rowdy bandits. 

The point is to play and not get raped, if that makes sense. I'll reiterate that the rape part is just a consequence, not something I actually try to make happen. I just play the game as I normally would, and hope I don't screw up while playing on my female character. 

Also I know the difference between real life and video games. Rape is a horrible thing I think should be punishable by gruesome, torturous death (if I could have it my way with the law). But in fiction, I think it's acceptable like any other fetish out there.

No one seems to complain about the daily brain-raping we all receive on a regular basis from the brainwashing media.  That's the trouble with people who have extreme viewpoints (like feminazis who have been brainwashed into believing all men want to rape them and are playing out their fantasy in a game until they have enough balls to go out and to do it for real) and believe that they are so right and everyone else is so wrong they must intervene and take control their lives.  There are few people I despise more than those that judge me and try to control my life.  Seriously, the middle finger is for them.

@KoreanPriestess : Yeah yeah i know the thread is on the opinions of males playing is female PC, and yes its a she. Seems like you haven't been in LL for long :P

Just stating out that why bother about it? Why go omg he lets his character get raped, dude its a game, when did a gamer ever made you commit something horrible? Well there are people there who got carried away because of what they see in games, but those people are brain damaged in the first place if they act out what they see in their games. I've been playing tons of horrible, violent, and lately tons of sexlab related mods. Do I act out what I see or do in games? No. Well prolly triggered some fetish but thats it. lol

interesting question and there have been some interesting replies but i'm wondering what mods people are referring to

Take for example if someone is using the paradise halls mod as an alternative to killing hostiles so you are enslaving them (which in history is basically what happened to commoners taken in battle by say the vikings or romans) they no longer have the ability to consent as they are property

So within the context/lore created by the various mods that enable sex, what is non-consensual sex? i could make the argument that sexlab match maker is a non-consensual sex mod as you basically tag two NPC's with a spell and they do it, no explicit or implied consent happens between the two NPC's or the NPC and the PC

Saw this thread and could not resist partaking in the conversation.

Gaming for many years I've asked countless male friends why they chose to play a female character in an MMORPG and their responses was pretty much all the same: "If I'm going to be gaming for X amount of hours I want to stare at a hot chick's ass while running around. They chose the skimpiest, and sometimes tacky armor, too. This I feel is a way for a man to "dress up his doll". He controls her, he does what he wants with her.

In a game that can be modded, such a Skyrim, and rape and slavery mods exist, particularly aimed at female characters, I see it as simply a fetish. An innocent one. I do not condone rape or abuse on either sex in real life but, if one is comfortable with a real life partner to role play or see your fetishes played out in a game I see no harm. I am a woman that mostly plays as a female character and yes, she is very beautiful, young looking, and scantly clad. I have Defeat and some slave mods installed because it is a fetish of mine. I am both a masochist and a sadist and yes, I do like to see my PC ravaged by beasts and men.

As an RPer I pick which of my girls will be weak and constantly assaulted and some I feel an attachment to and protect them as much as possible but, as many of you here, I also see Skyrim as a setting where if a woman fails her task and is beaten down and defeated by her foes she will be raped or forced into slavery. It's a game. As long as one does not go out and do these things IRL and there is a game to cater to our fetishes then I have no problem with mods that are created to satisfy our kinky whims.

I've tried playing as a male character and went on a raping spree - it wasn't as fun for me. Sure I made him incredibly handsome and his female followers were gorgeous but, it didn't feel the same. To each their own.

I think overall it comes down to a few things. First, some precursors:

1. Skyrim mods provide a player-character-as-submissive experience FAR better than any H-Game I'm aware of.
  2. Skyrim mods cannot provide as good of a player-character-as-dominant experience simply because of the limitations of the game.
  3. So, you get more submissive player character mods, and because the 'typical' dom-sub relationship is M-F, these are designed around women.
  4. So, because you get more of those mods, you get more people who are interested in them as a simple consequence.

There is, in truth, very likely a better balance in the overall 'kinky gaming' community between those who like to play as submissive characters and those who like to play as dominant characters. However, a lot of the people who would enjoy a good dominant player experience don't find one in Skyrim, so they move on; hence, those of us who enjoy submissive player characters are overrepresented.

There's also the dangerous implication that those who you do not understand are necessarily 'bad'. Thinking this way is, of course, human nature, because we tend to sort ourselves naturally into 'tribes'. However, that doesn't mean it's right. Society demands we ignore many of our basic animal instincts in certain scenarios (and here, I must say I agree with the person who was arguing that a lot of people would do seriously depraved things without society, often things they previously would never have thought of doing... society goes deeper than most people realize; often embedding itself in us on an almost instinctual level, and it's impossible to get rid of it entirely in practice).

All in all though, here are some reasons why I, personally, enjoy playing as a submissive character despite myself being dominant:

1. Roleplay - It's essentially like you are dominating them 24/7. Anything you think for them to do, they will do. If you want them to take a chance prostituting themselves to a guard and risk being imprisoned for several days, tortured all the while - they have to do it. And you get to watch.
  2. Control - I like having control. I am, after all, dominant. So why would I entrust RNG to deliver me women that fall into my particular preferences? By creating a player character, I give myself control over what they look like. And moreover, I give myself far greater control over all the variables and such that determine what may happen to them - because, as mentioned above, player-as-submissive mods for Skyrim are able to give you much more control than player-as-dominant mods can.
  3. Totality - This, I think, comes to the crux of the issue for me. When I play kinky Skyrim, I usually want it to always be kinky. But with a dominant character, I can essentially just waltz off and do my own thing all day, and nobody will bother me about it. When I play with a submissive character, simply because of the nature of submission, the content is forced upon me (but again, touching back to control, I can tweak all of the individual ways the content is forced on me to my exact liking). I can't go through Skyrim playing as a submissive character without wondering about whether I'm vulnerable to a Cursed Loot rape, or a Deviously Helpless rape, or a Defeat rape, or even a Prison Overhaul Patch rape. If I want to play kinky Skyrim to actually play Skyrim, and then have the choice to add a bit of kinkiness into it, then I play my male character. If I want to play kinky Skyrim for the kinky, and then have the choice to add a bit of Skyrim into it, then I play my female character.
  4. Consequences - The general goal is not to get your character raped (and while I admit I have done so, and I'm sure others have as well, I do it for a narrative purpose... after all, this is role-playing, and fantasy). But, when you screw up, you want there to be consequences. And when your character is a cute girl who is literally designed from the ground up to be bangable... it's honestly not a massive logical leap to suggest that the primary consequence for her should be getting banged. It's also kind of fun to see your cute character, whose primary purpose of existence is to kill massive, flying, fire-breathing beasts, overpowered and humiliated by a mere bandit (or - and again we touch on control - whatever person... or even creature, potentially... you want; all the way down to a street beggar, or all the way up to a Jarl). Again we touch on role-play, and the fact that the character is not a literal representation of you, it's much more like they are your submissive, and you are encouraging them to do these things to themselves.
  5. It's a game - It's a safe place to act out our fantasies where no harm comes to anyone. We don't have to worry about safewords, or preparing a scene, or aftercare. It's a whitewashed depiction of rape, with all of the power exchange, the sex, the fun bits, and (well, for the most part, depending on the mods you use) none of the nasty, ugly, and disturbing parts. We don't have to worry about the psychological damage the rape causes the victim, because it doesn't cause anything; aside from a few stats kept in SexLab, or maybe in some other mods you have, they forget entirely about the fact that they even had sex at all! So we don't worry about preparing a safe rape fantasy, because the game does that for us. And this is where the true power of these mods lie. In real life, I suspect many of us would be interested in playing out a rape fantasy, while not actually condoning real rape at all. In the absence of general societal recognition (and especially legal recognition) of safe, sane and consensual rape fantasies, we turn to this game. Skyrim rape mods are not an alternative to real-life rape; these mods do not even begin to simulate a real rape. Instead, they are, if anything, an alternative to a real-life rape fantasy. And the difference there is vast.

This question concerns the psychology of the players (real-world people who play Skyrim). There is something that is confusing me to no end. I would like to hope that I won't be unleashing a shitstorm of hate with this.

When I first began to read this forum, I was astonished to discover that a large majority of rape mod users were actually using them not to rape but to get raped. Later still, I was again astonished to discover that a large majority of those men seemed to be playing female characters. Admittedly, some players were different, but I couldn't help noticing that generally people talk about one or another rape mod in such a way that you can see that they assume that their readers' purpose is to get their female character raped.

Try not to think too hard about it, as it may simply not be your taste for desired gameplay, which is why you would not understand it to begin with. Thinking too much about something that you do not have any interest or experience with, would only lead to uninformed or misinformed assumptions, which only cause further confusion and possibly lead to unwarranted judging of others because you do not understand them.

I have been trying to imagine myself in the shoes of such men and understand what is going on in their heads, but to no avail. If I would play a female character (as I have done once in my life in Fallout), I would play a woman, not a teenage boy's wet dream. I mean, I would try my best to think like a woman. I would make her act the way a woman plausibly acts, do things a woman would like, in particular, using men to my advantage instead of trying to get abused by them. For that matter, many years ago when Second Life was still popular, I was thinking about building a naked woman and walking around there teasing men. But then I didn't bother after all.

That is, for the most part, some of those assumptions I mentioned above. First, the belief that all male players of female characters prefer "a teenage boy's wet dream". I can see where it may appear to be a majority, especially with the many requests for body presets that have no appeal for me, or look cartoonish (Anime?). Don't judge those who do, it's just not my thing, and not who I'd wish to be in a game, or anywhere else. The second assumption made in that part of your post is to presume to know how all women invariable act or conduct themselves. When you say "I would try my best to think like a woman", are you talking about older or younger women, heterosexual, lesbian, or bisexual women, submissive or dominant women, "the heroine" or "the damsel"? It would be unwise and only serve to prevent understanding if your overall premise is that all women are the same, have the same needs or desires, and the same personality types. Additionally, are you referring only to real-world women, and completely forgetting that games are an "escapist" pastime, where many players play to take a break from reality, or to enact or experience situations not possible or acceptable in the real world?

I want to emphasize that I am not suggesting or hinting or implying or insinuating that anything anyone does is somehow "wrong", and I have no interest whatsoever in making any of you feel the same way as I do about anything. I am merely curious to understand a way of thinking that seems completely alien to me.

You probably should give it a try, in order to have a better understanding, or at least have that experience from which to judge (the activity, not the people who do so). But first, you'll probably need to dispel any preconceived theories or assumptions, and approach with a more open mind and wider view, than to narrowly assume only one possible answer for everything. In particular, keep in mind that it is not reality and not intended to always reflect reality. Virtual worlds (in general), whether a game, or a visual environment such as "Second Life", "OpenSim", and so forth, are an abstract test model where people can safely explore things too unsafe to do in reality, such as to form a test model to simulate what it may feel like to be vulnerable, abused, compromised, or even assaulted, raped or killed. That very significant difference between virtual and reality is likely the number one reason why such things are so predominant in virtual environments, simply because they cannot, within a legal and (aspiring to be) just society. If their only available safe venue is "virtual", then it is a near certainty that it will be prolific in those environments. 

That said, can you enlighten me as to why would a male player play a female character and get her raped? What is the point?

An entire book could be written on this one question alone, and I'm not even certain if I could answer in any short means that would be clear and concise. First, the technical reasons, which may only apply to a majority, but seldom the only reasons: If playing because a person wishes to be, or to experience being submissive, the offerings for a male character are slim, and completely non-existent in most games or virtual environments. Take a look at "Devious Devices", not just the framework and numerous mods associated with it, but moreso the in-game items. Can you guess how many of them actually fit, or could be seen on a male character? I've tried, but have found none yet which fit or show up properly. Mods are most often written with the assumption that a target victim would be somebody less muscly, less bulky, and even in the vanilla game, you'd be hard pressed to find any male characters fitting a less bulky description. It would not bother me one bit if that were changed and I think that at least some others would agree, considering how often it is requested in several areas of these forums. 

Technical reasons out of the way, I can only offer my own personal reasons as far as psychology goes. I wish to play in a more challenging environment, experience the feelings of being compromised and at-risk. If there were male options as fitting and appealing as what is available now for female characters, I'd probably try that, but admittedly, still not as appealing as playing a female character, and also, by playing a female character, I not only get to experience those risks, but also get to experience the general misogynistic bias of the world of Skyrim. If everything could be recoded so that it were a Matriarchal society which treated men as a lesser person similarly, I'd probably try that for a while for similar reasons of it being an experience different from reality. I'm likely not the only guy in the real world who sometimes fantasizes about being overpowered and subjugated by strong and capable women on occasion. Playing a female in modded games that allow for such abuse is perhaps the closest available experience to that.

If you enjoy the fantasy of a woman getting raped, why not play a male character and rape female NPCs?

It is a good thing that you worded that question starting with "If", because it too is an assumption, and not a very logical one if you think about it. Nobody suggested that the fantasy was only about a woman (any woman, whether NPC or player) being raped. That is over-simplifying to the point of inaccuracy, and more likely to completely miss what the player is wanting entirely. More often, the fantasy is of the player being raped (regardless of the player's gender). Logically speaking, if the fantasy were about "rape female NPC", then it would be a fantasy of being a rapist, which is in no way even similar to a fantasy of "being raped" at all. The difference between wishing to be a rapist and wishing to be a victim is far too significant for that to even be a valid suggestion on your part. In fact, I'd wager that there are likely more players who'd rather the NPC rape them, than for them to rape the NPC, even with zero regard to genders at all.

If you enjoy the fantasy of yourself getting abused, why not play a man and get him abused by the NPCs?

For most, and certainly for myself, even if we'd chose to play such an option, the game assets and mods available now, offer far too little for that sort of play (see my above answer regarding the technical reasons). Secondly, for those who wish to experience the abusive nature of a misogynistic society from the receiving end, would not have that option unless a major overwrite of the core game and all similar mods to allow for more abusive female NPCs in an overall misandristic society. Even then, would not offer the additional experience of what it may be like to be female, or other similar player curiosities or desires.

If you enjoy the fantasy of being a woman, why not be a woman who doesn't get sexually assaulted?

Already have done that. Eventually players will want to add to that with other options. It's why people use mods to begin with. Well, why many use mods, not counting the many "god mode" and easy win mods, which many of us never really understand a desire for, but we do not bother to question their motives. The question assumes an only reason, while disregarding the many other reasons for each different aspect. So using the same format, let's ask you a few questions using an example scenario, but the same narrow logic: 

Let's say that you want to play a sci-fi game that has FPS shooting and spaceship combat. Somebody comes along as questions why anybody would want both, and asks you the following questions: 

If the fantasy is to operate a vehicle, then why not play GTA instead?

If your fantasy is to fly a spaceship, then why not play a non-combat shuttle simulator instead?

If your fantasy is to shoot things, then why not play "Call of Duty" instead? 

Do you notice a pattern here? It's not intended to insult or ridicule your posts, but to give a clearer view of how your questions and lack of understanding are equally confusing to us. I would guess that if you had answered those three questions, given the scenario, your answers would likely include "Why only settle for one desired option, when several or all are available?", and "Those aren't even addressing my own personal reasons for wanting to play the game." Does that make a little more sense? Our answers to your questions are likely much the same.  

And finally, what if the fantasy is like the most common answer to the question when it's posted in nearly 100% of all other games which offer a female player model. that most often male players simply preferring to see a desirable female front and center of the screen during many hours of game playing time, than to see a man's posterior?.

@KoreanPriestess : Yeah yeah i know the thread is on the opinions of males playing is female PC

Lol, So why do you think males play as female?

yes its a she. Seems like you haven't been in LL for long :P

So I have only been a member of the forum since December, What's so special about that, loads of people have joined the site recently?

Just stating out that why bother about it? Why go omg he lets his character get raped, dude its a game, when did a gamer ever made you commit something horrible?

This is a fair point but I am going to challenge it. But I will answer this bit in the part below.

Well there are people there who got carried away because of what they see in games, but those people are brain damaged in the first place if they act out what they see in their games.

I can remember that at one point the games Manhunt and Manhunt 2 in the United Kingdom, which was also where the game was being made. Manhunt 2 is still banned to this day and is not allowed to be physical sold within shops, even Steam is not allowed to sell the same in multiple countries.

This was because in 2004 Manhunt was believed to be a factor in the murder of Stefan Pakeerah, a UK national by his friend Warren Leblanc in Leicestershire, England. However it was never decided weather or not it played a part.

I've been playing tons of horrible, violent, and lately tons of sexlab related mods.

I guess we all have a slightly darker side to us, even people such as yourself. Sexlab mods as a whole ain't really that bad as you can disable elements of which you don't want enabled.

Gaming for many years I've asked countless male friends why they chose to play a female character in an MMORPG and their responses was pretty much all the same: "If I'm going to be gaming for X amount of hours I want to stare at a hot chick's ass while running around. They chose the skimpiest, and sometimes tacky armor, too. This I feel is a way for a man to "dress up his doll". He controls her, he does what he wants with her.

It's just about eye candy.

Who doesn't like naked women with swords cutting everyone into little chunks?

all forget some things is game and in game you need who have more stuff

- armors female win

-texture (body,face, racemenu plugins.....) female win

- quest mods female win

- racemenu presets female win

- hdt female win

-animation female win

- candy eyes female win

now for adult mods and way: female win per KO just go to the download section and see

easy to chose ?

It's just about eye candy.

Who doesn't like naked women with swords cutting everyone into little chunks?

I don't play female in an online game because you are represented to other real life gamers by your character. 

I am more inclined to personally identify with a character I create for online play, even though I've seldom played any online games other than flight-sims and WoW until I realized just how full of shit that game is.

Offline characters are just glorified NPC's for me that I get to make choices for, how they look, think, behave, and recreate.

All in all though, here are some reasons why I, personally, enjoy playing as a submissive character despite myself being dominant:

1. Roleplay - It's essentially like you are dominating them 24/7. Anything you think for them to do, they will do. If you want them to take a chance prostituting themselves to a guard and risk being imprisoned for several days, tortured all the while - they have to do it. And you get to watch.
  2. Control - I like having control. I am, after all, dominant. So why would I entrust RNG to deliver me women that fall into my particular preferences? By creating a player character, I give myself control over what they look like. And moreover, I give myself far greater control over all the variables and such that determine what may happen to them - because, as mentioned above, player-as-submissive mods for Skyrim are able to give you much more control than player-as-dominant mods can.

For me is the polar opposite, the player as dominant means full control over everything. But again and as I said in my first post, the only sad thing for me as a player who likes to take a dominant role is that there are so few mods around to fulfill my roleplay thinking (I have even modified some mods just to do it). I'm not a mod maker so I don't know how difficult is to make a dominant version of some mods, but still that could be something nice to see more often. 

I don't play female in an online game because you are represented to other real life gamers by your character. 

If that were truly the case, that you are represented by your game character, then I doubt there'd be any mages, wizards, Khajit, Aragonians, or elves in any games, as player characters. I also doubt that there are as many murderous, carjacking, store-robbing, C4 and RPG armed rampaging thugs as is present in GTA5, If that were true, how many people would be playing games like "Red Dead Redemption", since it would be lying to pretend to be a horse-riding, people-killing, western-garbed gunslinger. And guess what... Even though I do well in "Space Conflict", I'm not really the owner and pilot of any spacecraft. I know, that can be shocking to anybody who actually thinks that game characters are any accurate representation of the real life of the player. Or are you the sort who'd make unrealistic expectations, selective exceptions, and then try to assert your own rules on to others?

If you are constrained to only play as you feel others would expect you to do in real life, then it is no wonder that you do not enjoy most games or the gaming experience in general, and completely miss the point of playing games. Realistically there are only very few types of gamers who would share that opinion:

• Those young and naive, who insist that everybody else must only play for the same reasons, or haven't the experience to realize that games are fiction, to be different from the real world.
  • Those who more likely or too easily seek to develop relationships in games, or play for the wrong reasons. These are also the sort of players that most annoy other players with incessant "pick up lines", ask to "PM" or "Skype", or begging for "ASL" of every female character they meet. Those who mistake games for dating sites. Or those who are homophobic and confused by the concept that people can be any character they choose in the fictional existence of an online game. Sure, they are for developing other kinds of relationships: Friends, guild, clan, squad, club, team, but NOT romantic relationships. Save that crap for dating sites and social media, so you do not bother others who play games for enjoyment and entertainment.

No real gamer with any gaming experience at all, is ever surprised, shocked, or even affected by discovering that any character in any game is played by a human that is not the same gender as the character in question. Even many younger, teenage gamers are often well aware of this, even despite the added confusion of adolescent hormonal motives.

I am more inclined to personally identify with a character I create for online play, even though I've seldom played any online games other than flight-sims and WoW until I realized just how full of shit that game is.

Exactly which aspects of the character do you identify with? Is it selectively limited only to gender, or do you also identify with being either a thief, assassin, murderous warrior, or a spellcaster? Because if you can personally relate and identify with any of those things, then certainly you'd be of interest to somebody. Police or FBI would want to know if you are likely to be a thief, assassin or murderer in the real world, and I'm sure people would want to know if you actually believed you could cast spells and claim to kill dragons.

Offline characters are just glorified NPC's for me that I get to make choices for, how they look, think, behave, and recreate.

For most others, all player characters, whether online or off are for them to make those choices for, including choosing gender and appearance. Games are entertainment, to do things unavailable or different from reality, which (sorry to dissapoint you), includes playing a different race, religion, profession, and even gender.

TL;DR version - eye candy plus fetish

I prefer to play as someone sexy who is nice to look at, and I like to roleplay as someone who is in a really dangerous and brutal world. And that's why I choose chicks or really feminine looking dudes who get raped by chicks or become public sex toys. Being a jacked bro who fucks shit up and eats protein bars gets boring really quickly. Being raped is a turn on, but raping someone is a complete turnoff.

I'm all for equality. I swear that both male and female characters get the same amount of rape and overall abuse.

Yeah I also try to think like a woman when I play as one, but not every chick has to act like a braindead princess who is scared of her own shadow. So getting wasted every single day and gutting people like it's nothing is perfectly fine. Not every fight is a cakewalk or "win or die" situation, and rape would be a common thing in a backward shithole like Skyrim.

Edit for slightly offtopic minirant:

Like someone way above said, modded Skyrim gives a lot of choice when it comes to sexual preferences and is superior to vast majority of sex oriented games. In fact most of them are garbage and should have generic porn names, like "blonde fucks sucks tits fucks anal".

If that were truly the case, that you are represented by your game character, then I doubt there'd be any mages, wizards, Khajit, Aragonians, or elves in any games, as player characters. I also doubt that there are as many murderous, carjacking, store-robbing, C4 and RPG armed rampaging thugs as is present in GTA5, If that were true, how many people would be playing games like "Red Dead Redemption", since it would be lying to pretend to be a horse-riding, people-killing, western-garbed gunslinger. And guess what... Even though I do well in "Space Conflict", I'm not really the owner and pilot of any spacecraft. I know, that can be shocking to anybody who actually thinks that game characters are any accurate representation of the real life of the player. Or are you the sort who'd make unrealistic expectations, selective exceptions, and then try to assert your own rules on to others?

If you are constrained to only play as you feel others would expect you to do in real life, then it is no wonder that you do not enjoy most games or the gaming experience in general, and completely miss the point of playing games. Realistically there are only very few types of gamers who would share that opinion:

• Those young and naive, who insist that everybody else must only play for the same reasons, or haven't the experience to realize that games are fiction, to be different from the real world.
  • Those who more likely or too easily seek to develop relationships in games, or play for the wrong reasons. These are also the sort of players that most annoy other players with incessant "pick up lines", ask to "PM" or "Skype", or begging for "ASL" of every female character they meet. Those who mistake games for dating sites. Or those who are homophobic and confused by the concept that people can be any character they choose in the fictional existence of an online game. Sure, they are for developing other kinds of relationships: Friends, guild, clan, squad, club, team, but NOT romantic relationships. Save that crap for dating sites and social media, so you do not bother others who play games for enjoyment and entertainment.

No real gamer with any gaming experience at all, is ever surprised, shocked, or even affected by discovering that any character in any game is played by a human that is not the same gender as the character in question. Even many younger, teenage gamers are often well aware of this, even despite the added confusion of adolescent hormonal motives.

Exactly which aspects of the character do you identify with? Is it selectively limited only to gender, or do you also identify with being either a thief, assassin, murderous warrior, or a spellcaster? Because if you can personally relate and identify with any of those things, then certainly you'd be of interest to somebody. Police or FBI would want to know if you are likely to be a thief, assassin or murderer in the real world, and I'm sure people would want to know if you actually believed you could cast spells and claim to kill dragons.

For most others, all player characters, whether online or off are for them to make those choices for, including choosing gender and appearance. Games are entertainment, to do things unavailable or different from reality, which (sorry to dissapoint you), includes playing a different race, religion, profession, and even gender.

I just skimmed through your convoluted diatribe and feel I must clarify that this is how I play games.  I do what I am comfortable with and I neither have any expectations or concerns how others go about playing their own games.  Sorry to disappoint you, I can see you put a lot of time and effort into your criticism but in truth you have only wasted your time and I refuse to waste any more of mine on this subject.  That, and I feel these few short sentences are all you are worth.  I am not trying to be mean or hurtful, just honest and blunt and am too tired to care.  This isn't worth letting my coffee get cold, so goodbye.

Archived