[English] Dark Bloodline v3.0b-en01 [18 Dec 2012]

Any particular reason why some insist on using version 2 when version 3 is available and a bit more complete?

Thanks a lot!!!! And I was just beginning to translate the mod with

Vorpal!!!

"My focus was on translating the Russian machine code to English"

You completed that task right? Is there some untouched text left?

I've posted the translation of v3.0b.

Nepro prodded me a few days ago. Was about 75% - 80% done on the weekend when I found out there was a translation already. But then I figured machine translations suck anyway (sorry), so I finished it tonight.

Tempted by the features offered in this mod (from reading here and the 30 page thread varenne linked) I figured I give it a shot. It could very well be something I'm missing, but Yeeearrg.

I greatly appreciate the effort that went into this (the art is stunning and translation top-shelf) but I'm not able to get this critter to work for me.

After several attempts (new game start), re-reading threads, disabling Better Cities (grrr) and TomagoClub (arg), more new starts, more re-reading... I've still got massive lag upon entering Chorral. Crashes when entering Brotherhood building, crashes when leaving too. If I'm lucky it's a CTD - if not, it's a firm lockup.

Solved that by using a Mark in Hall lobby and porting in/out.

Take first contract, get pitcher - unable to pickup or read "love letter", unable to leave J'nor's shack without it... gah, /port to lobby.

Second contract; watch Vedus get gutted by guard behind Inn, pick up holocron... no quest update, unable to proceed (Trevain no help).

Would love to give a 'thumbs up' and promote this pup (the prostitutes are fun and Etna's armor is freakin' stunning!) but I'm looking at unplugging this.

Second contract; watch Vedus get gutted by guard behind Inn' date=' pick up holocron... no quest update, unable to proceed (Trevain no help).

Would love to give a 'thumbs up' and promote this pup (the prostitutes are fun and Etna's armor is freakin' stunning!) but I'm looking at unplugging this.

[/quote']

Same problem here, don't know what to do after picking up the holocron. Some hints would be very helpful. I've spent hours try to figure out what to do next.

BTW, Etna's armor is called Iron Maiden Set created by Lily, I hope she/he doesn't mind me share her/his mod around like this.

Iron_Maiden_Set-39874-1-0.7z

Second contract; watch Vedus get gutted by guard behind Inn' date=' pick up holocron... no quest update, unable to proceed (Trevain no help).

[/quote']

Same problem here, don't know what to do after picking up the holocron. Some hints would be very helpful. I've spent hours try to figure out what to do next.

BTW, Etna's armor is called Iron Maiden Set created by Lily, I hope she/he doesn't mind me share her/his mod around like this.

See post #34 above and link to version 3 thread, there's more hints there.

As long as you include the original readme file you should be okay. MOD author's like it when you give them credit for using their MODs in one you create, if you ever do.

Thanks! However my problem is that after Vedus got killed by the guard and upon picking up the holocron I received no quest update, which mean I have no idea how to proceed to the next part. I have never even seen this Kerna woman you mentioned...:huh: Oh god!! What should I do??

edit: Got it fixed!!! Did some research and found the code zBHOrder242Q, thus I used console command: setStage zBHOrder242Q 50 to get the quest update and it works.

I just fulfilled contract 273: The Sinners. While it wasn't easy (bugs, glitches and whatnot), it still fun as hell. Quick question: I can't advance my rank upon completing the The Sinners, does that mean I'm bugged, again, or, that simply means I've reached the end of current version of the mod?

• 2 weeks later...

Such a shame that it's so unstable, it has a ton of really neat features that would make one of the best mods available, but alas, back to the old faithful TrueCrime for me. If Dark Bloodline was bug-free or at least passable it would be an amazing mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get ctd everytime when i'm outside bruma castle gate,but when i get V2 i don't get any and i followed the load order already on this thread still get it in V3

yup I'm going to give darkblood lines one more attempt with the new version and if it is as buggy as the old version just ditch it and try true crime, which i have never tried but hopefully its alot more stable.I'm really hoping I can get this one working as it looks awesome.

ok  just checking before I do anything .

Question 1:

Is DarkBloodline-v3.0b-en-v01.7z   the Eng esp for version 3 of Darkbloodlines?

Question 2:

and  the following is a split archive of the english esp for version 2 of darkbloodlines?

Darkbloodline-v2.0b-3n-v01.7z

Darkbloodline-v2.0b-3n-v02.7z

Darkbloodline-v2.0b-3n-v03.7z

Question 3:

version 3 and version 2 you download from the russian website are standalone versions.By that I mean you either use version 2 or version 3 with the appropriate eng esp.

Not something like I have to merge version 2 and version 3 or something like that.

Question 4:

What is the gold edition of oblivion ? looked on betha website and it didnt mention it? what version of oblivion is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Is this mod still as unstable as the posts in January make it seem? Because when I have this mod loaded, I get a CTD every time. And it seems to conflict with quite a few mods, too, and I was wondering how. For instance, it conflicts with Real Thirst, Tona's Mod Store, Rhianna, and LoversGGBlackmail. I know some conflicts are fine, but considering the CTD, I just wanted to know how fatal these conflicts are.

Not to mention that the axe this mod (I think it's this mod) adds, The Ripper, seems to have missing meshes/textures, based on the giant yellow box with an exclamation point.

It's fairly unstable, yes. It's an enormous mod that changes/adds tons of stuff, so I can't really blame 'em. It needs a lot of playtesting and bugsquashing.

The Ripper shows up fine for me, fwiw. Make sure you have the main mod itself, which is over on the Russian site listed in the OP. The thing you download here is just an .esp file translated to English.

• 1 month later...

I'm doing the first contract and after I find the pitcher I can't leave the house,  the log say look around the floor and all I see is a love letter (I can't pick it up or read it) and some fur boots.  Should I reload a clean save and try again?

you don't have to, try download the Russian version esp and just to get past this quest then switch back, or you can try console code setStage zBHOrder(contract number)Q XX. Where contact number is the number of the contract(without brackets), for example:  217, 242, etc. Where XX is the stage number, such as: 10, 15, 20, etc. I hope it helps.