Only had a chance to test briefly as I'm working this weekend.

The lockpicking routines work well and I love the alert sound :)

The alchemy worked but I noticed that if I tried to change the event sliders at the bottom of the page they seemed to stick on 1, but the unstable mixture kept firing as normal. This wasn't on a new game so could be my end.

Hopefully I'll have a bit more time in the week look again

The event probability sliders are set so that you can't make them all 0 to disable all events as this would leave the plugin running and using up resources it didn't need - the idea is to disable the plugin in the system menu which shuts down associated quests and scripts completely. Maybe I should add a popup message advising that users disable the plugin if they want no events?

I've tried to make FMEA as lightweight and configurable as possible - there should be minimal script load other than when an failure mode is selected and that is set up to happen when the player is picking locks, crafting or unconscious so it should notice at all.. I've also tried to make it easy to add more effects or plugins  - right now I'm working on Enchanting failure modes.

Ahh sorry I've not been clear. I wasn't trying to set them to zero, what was happening is if you changed the value the slider was always saying 1 when saved whatever value it was changed to. The upper sliders worked correctly iirc

EDIT:

Just tried with v1.01 and it worked fine on a new game

The alchemy worked but I noticed that if I tried to change the event sliders at the bottom of the page they seemed to stick on 1, but the unstable mixture kept firing as normal. This wasn't on a new game so could be my end.

The event probability sliders are set so that you can't make them all 0 to disable all events as this would leave the plugin running and using up resources it didn't need - the idea is to disable the plugin in the system menu which shuts down associated quests and scripts completely. Maybe I should add a popup message advising that users disable the plugin if they want no events?

I've tried to make FMEA as lightweight and configurable as possible - there should be minimal script load other than when an failure mode is selected and that is set up to happen when the player is picking locks, crafting or unconscious so it should notice at all.. I've also tried to make it easy to add more effects or plugins  - right now I'm working on Enchanting failure modes.

Ahh sorry I've not been clear. I wasn't trying to set them to zero, what was happening is if you changed the value the slider was always saying 1 when saved whatever value it was changed to. The upper sliders worked correctly iirc

Strange - Alchemy sliders seem to be working OK for me.

Only thing I can think of is that I'm using the PapyrusUtil.AddIntValues array function to check that the sliderset total value is not 0 - is there any possibility something is overwriting your version of PaprusUtil with an older version?

Strange - Alchemy sliders seem to be working OK for me.

Only thing I can think of is that I'm using the PapyrusUtil.AddIntValues array function to check that the sliderset total value is not 0 - is there any possibility something is overwriting your version of PaprusUtil with an older version?

Sorry see edit above in above post it's working now

EDIT:

Just tried with v1.01 and it worked fine on a new game

Glad to hear its working  :)

I'll try and test this later on this week when I have a moment, but I was wondering if they'll be a problem picking plants if FMEA and DCL both fire at the same time as potentially you could get two animations (Tentacle and Flashbang (or 2 x Tentacle)) at the same time.

Locked doors will be okay as both events firing shouldn't interfere with each other. Can't think of any issues with Alchemical at all

I'll try and test this later on this week when I have a moment, but I was wondering if they'll be a problem picking plants if FMEA and DCL both fire at the same time as potentially you could get two animations (Tentacle and Flashbang (or 2 x Tentacle)) at the same time.

Locked doors will be okay as both events firing shouldn't interfere with each other. Can't think of any issues with Alchemical at all

I think there is the possibility of an issue if both go off at the same time - but since both FMEA and DCUR allow you to toggle off harvesting/flashbang and tentacle effects it shouldn't be a problem - choose your poison!  ;)

In case this is of interest:

I experienced an issue with the "lockpick" module in v1.00,

where there was a trap on one chest ,every time I tried to lockpick it,

the pick lock animation window opens and then closes before able to use it, and the trap start,

with a few different effects random each time. (alarm, poison dart and so on)

-changing the mcm settings did not help, neither did reload save game.

-dunno if this was a one time event, conflict with Cursed Loot event or what, did not try to figure why, I just disabled the "lock pick" module and no more issue.

the pick lock animation window opens and then closes before able to use it, and the trap start,

-dunno if this was a one time event, conflict with Cursed Loot event or what, did not try to figure why, I just disabled the "lock pick" module and no more issue.

This can happen if you have "Trap Auto Rearm" and "Tamper Detection" on and the trap is well above your skill level.  Not a conflict - just a difficult trap...

This can happen if you have "Trap Auto Rearm" and "Tamper Detection" on and the trap is well above your skill level.  Not a conflict - just a difficult trap...

Ok, thnx, I'll try it out again :)

trying out this mod, like the idea

however, i picked my first door `in a dungeon.  it gave my a lethargy poison and icy poison.  That's understandable, but it doesn't seem to have a duration.  My character is stuck slow and encumbered forever... at least until i have a cure poison potion, which i do not.  it will take like 3 hours to walk to town at this pace.  i think a duration would be ideal.

trying out this mod, like the idea

however, i picked my first door `in a dungeon. it gave my a lethargy poison and icy poison. That's understandable, but it doesn't seem to have a duration. My character is stuck slow and encumbered forever... at least until i have a cure poison potion, which i do not. it will take like 3 hours to walk to town at this pace. i think a duration would be ideal.

It has a duration measured in game hours rather than real time and so there is no real time duration shown

Each effect in FEMA has a duration range and the actual duration is random within that range - as the duration is measured in game time you have the option to try and find somewhere safe to wait/sleep until it wears off

So something i'm a bit worried about with this mod is how slavery is handled and using public alchemy station. It makes sense for what you're trying to set up, but all too often mods like this that relying on RNG will fuck over the player way to often even at high levels. If i'm a high level alchemist, will i have to worry about something simple harming anyone? If so is this a "Very small, you'll likely not notice chance." or a "Oh just a 1 in 100 chance."

So something i'm a bit worried about with this mod is how slavery is handled and using public alchemy station. It makes sense for what you're trying to set up, but all too often mods like this that relying on RNG will fuck over the player way to often even at high levels. If i'm a high level alchemist, will i have to worry about something simple harming anyone? If so is this a "Very small, you'll likely not notice chance." or a "Oh just a 1 in 100 chance."

You can set your own probability of enslavement (as opposed to being used) on the MCM system page - so it can be as small a chance as you want

You can also set the chance of the Alchemy event that puts you at risk of slavery event in the Alchemy menu so between the two you can make slavery as unlikely or likely as you wish.

The Alchemy failure event that has an enslave chance is

Magicka Discharge

Just a question.... so I am running DCL and DEC does that mean that all 3 mods could fire if I opened a chest? Or should this replace DEC? Could all three run together do you think?

Version 1.02 (see below) lockpicking should be compatible with DCL

By DEC do you mean "Deviously Enchanted Chests" or "Deviously Enslaved Continued"?

Just a question.... so I am running DCL and DEC does that mean that all 3 mods could fire if I opened a chest? Or should this replace DEC? Could all three run together do you think?

By DEC do you mean "Deviously Enchanted Chests" or "Deviously Enslaved Continued"?

Sorry, Deviously enchanted chests.

Deviously Enchanted Chests events don't occur until the container is unlocked - so although it is theoretically possible to get tied up & poisoned there should be no compatibility issues, your heroine will just have a particularly bad day! ;)

Deviously Enchanted Chests events don't occur until the container is unlocked - so although it is theoretically possible to get tied up & poisoned there should be no compatibility issues, your heroine will just have a particularly bad day! ;)

That is just so.... evil.  :dodgy:

Thank you for your work on this!

Not sure if it was this mod, or Traps and Pitfalls, or the combination, but one of the three cause a glitch with SD+ that makes owners spam "Go Away, I already have enough slaves". just an fyi.

Interestingly enough I have just had that happen in my game with SD and I'm not suing either FMEA or Traps and Pitfalls in that particular playthrough so the problem must lie elsewhere

will it be possible to use this mod to fire the trapped estrus events from your other mod devious enchanted chests? what i mean is can this mod be made to fire the trigger script for DEC each time a lockpick breaks? i don[t mean to fire the estrus script each time a pick breaks, but only to roll the RNG to see if an estrus script triggers when a lockpick breaks, so basically the same opening hook check that DEC uses whenever a chest is opened, but instead triggered by broken lockpicks. this will actually be an amazing compromise that will seamlessly allow DEC to work with a setup that uses quickloot

• 2 weeks later...