Skyrim Special Edition or original Skyrim?

lambient1988

i don't know why you should care about the opinion of the ones who port it to x or y (porting it don't give them any right on sugar)

and i doubt you will get the autorisation of the one who is selling it in daz

I do not think it is fair to say that all mods for Skyrim are ports of ports of ports. There are lots of mods that are original work for Skyrim. This only shows what types of mods you are personally using and considering important, but nothing else. 

I can't really see permissions being that big of a deal for conversions.  If the mod author is still actively modding and still playing Skyrim, they'll probably port it themselves.  If they've moved on and either are no longer modding, not responding, dead, etc then they won't be around to care if someone ports their mod.  If someone does port a mod without authorization and the mod author IS still active I would assume Nexus has a way for them to get it taken down. 

I guess the main scenario I see where it could be a problem is if there is a mod author who is still active modding, does still play Skyrim, but for whatever reason hates SE and does not want his mods used on SE whether ported by him or someone else.  I can't imagine that scenario will be that common though, especially if whoever ported it makes it clear that all they did is port it and all the credit for the mod itself goes to the original author.  I'm using several mods that are set up that way on Nexus where the original author is long gone and someone else updated his mod or something and still gives most of the credit to the original author.

Now people trying to convert it to a paid mod is another matter and I could definitely see people getting upset if someone tried to profit off of their work.

Added:

It also depends on how important the mod is considered to be in the grand scheme of things. 

A simple question, not for you but for everybody. Who will port SOS?  The last post by b3lisario is 9 months ago.  I'm really curious. SOS is a fundamental mod - lots of other mods depend on it. I'm not sure if there is an appointed "maintainer". What probably will happen is that "some guy" will port it and as long as he publishes is exclusively here on LL everybody will be happy as per the permissions of the original SOS mod. 

There is already a case with a mod for FO4 that is "too big to fail" and that suddenly disappeared in a way that is not clear what needs to happen. 

psst

You can always port .esp and leave link to the original mod with meshes and textures ( if meshes don't need tweaks too )

This is how armor conversions works today and no one spergs out about it, because holy why would you need to go and look for X modder to ask him for permissions. Instead just upload your converted meshes and leave link to the original mod with textures and .esp ( which are both needed to make it to work )

It works fine because it still gives the attention that modders wants so much and no one steals their work at all.

You can always port .esp and leave link to the original mod with meshes and textures ( if meshes don't need tweaks too )

I asked about SOS for a reason - it has a dll library. I can convert other mods for personal use, but mods that have SKSE plugins require knowledge that I and most others do not have. Even if no code needs to be rewritten, the source code would need to be recompiled.

We were lucky(?) that Beth didn't update the papyrus engine and scripted mods can be easily converted, but this is not the case with the dll's.

And also converting mods that are not simply meshes, textures and esp's by somebody that is not the original author can create a lot of complication in terms of support. When the users start complaining about problems with the mod in their SSE who is going to debug and help them? 

The "converter" will say "I just clicked the Save button in CK, ask the MA", the MA will say "It works in Oldrim, go ask the guy that converted it". 

My main concern with un-authorized ports is the respect for the original authors work, and the potential loss of said modders future endeavors due to the porting. Let's face it, modders have left the community for far less and will again...I would rather we be pro-active in discussing how to prevent this from occurring.

I hear you. I just don't see that potential issue changing too much. It was already an occasional issue before SE. There's nothing stopping some scandalous web-site from downloading a bunch of popular mods, re-branding them and trying to make a buck off of them somewhere.

The solution to that is to start copyrighting and enforcing against intellectual property infringement. But, seems kind of crazy to try and take game mods to that level, imo.

As for the ENB questions, I am looking for more detail on what features are in place, and are confirmed to be in process in SE.  I have done all the quests over and over plus more; I mostly play to get nice screenshots for my screen wallpapers.  Once Skyrim SE can surpass Skyrim in this I will change...but looking at the image gallery on Nexus for both I still clearly see superior shots coming from...sigh...damn you all for making me say it,  :@

"Oldrim" 

Hah. It's not a bad word.

I'm not sure about specific ENB features. I've also read that it is missing some. But, you can definitely dial up the quality for screenshots at the cost of FPS just like before.

The real problem is with the "abandoned" mods. I don't think there is a real solution here. Maybe in some cases those mods will have open permissions but maybe they will not.  

I've seen that. Some mod porters write that they couldn't reach the original author but their original permissions state that it can be re-used without permission...

A simple question, not for you but for everybody. Who will port SOS?  The last post by b3lisario is 9 months ago.  I'm really curious. SOS is a fundamental mod - lots of other mods depend on it. I'm not sure if there is an appointed "maintainer". What probably will happen is that "some guy" will port it and as long as he publishes is exclusively here on LL everybody will be happy as per the permissions of the original SOS mod. 

There is already a case with a mod for FO4 that is "too big to fail" and that suddenly disappeared in a way that is not clear what needs to happen. 

That is a really good question. I've gone through the details of that mod. It has a lot of specialized work in it that is not documented anywhere that I could find. Namely, making havok animations for equippable objects with their own skeletons.

I see the lack of an SOS mod for FO4 being an eventual problem as well.

There was an SOS SE patch here: http://www.vectorplexus.com/

But, it looks like there was some kind of drama with EULAs and the thread I originally saw it on is closed. So, not sure where on the site it is now, if anywhere...

[ ... ]

I see the lack of an SOS mod for FO4 being an eventual problem as well.

There was an SOS SE patch here: http://www.vectorplexus.com/

I doubt there is anything SOS related on VP's website. He made it clear that he has no interest in SOS. I did check just in case, but didn't find anything. I noticed that he has removed the Skyrim forum and has moved some of the topics that were there to other forums. 

After digging into the SOS files I noticed that the actual mesh manipulation is done in the dll. So I guess the fact there is no script extender makes FO4 SOS not possible at the moment. And EVB is an equivalent of SOS Light. I just hope that when the script extender gets released there will be somebody with the brains and enthusiasm to do it. Not holding my breath as most of the players will be quite happy with what EVB already offers - the "soft" mesh for default body and the erect mesh for sex suit. The problem is that making dll's is not something you learn following several tutorials.

I doubt there is anything SOS related on VP's website. He made it clear that he has no interest in SOS. I did check just in case, but didn't find anything. I noticed that he has removed the Skyrim forum and has moved some of the topics that were there to other forums. 

After digging into the SOS files I noticed that the actual mesh manipulation is done in the dll. So I guess the fact there is no script extender makes FO4 SOS not possible at the moment. And EVB is an equivalent of SOS Light. I just hope that when the script extender gets released there will be somebody with the brains and enthusiasm to do it. Not holding my breath as most of the players will be quite happy with what EVB already offers - the "soft" mesh for default body and the erect mesh for sex suit. The problem is that making dll's is not something you learn following several tutorials.

There definitely was an SOS patch there. But, the link I was given by someone here no longer works. Here is the post where I was given the link: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/51365-0sex-skyrim-sex-sim-other-0s-content-wip/page-307?do=findComment&comment=1740559

He did write in there that he would only be supporting the SAM body moving forward. But, that he made the SOS patch for people interested.

The dll handles utility type commands (detecting what type of schlong a user has, whether they have revealing armor, etc.). The actual manipulation of the mesh is done with havok animations.

There definitely was an SOS patch there. But, the link I was given by someone here no longer works. Here is the post where I was given the link: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/51365-0sex-skyrim-sex-sim-other-0s-content-wip/page-307?do=findComment&comment=1740559

an "experienced modder" like you have to wait for someone else to do a patch?

170121082600207520.jpg

don't know where i put sam but dizona it's the same, mesh mismatch

weights take care of the longer cock

170121084320197651.jpg

sos have more variations, muscular, regular, average

loading sos mesh with dizona in blender to copy paste weights (to load the .hkx on it if you want that), an experienced modder like you can easily do that

making the mesh larger or less larger for variations muscular and average, an experienced modder like you can easily do that

adding a keyword check to sslactoralias strip function (there's one in sslactorlibrary too) to equip muscular or regular, it's nothing hard either for an experienced modder like you

if npc don't have cock keyword you can just copy paste however sos distributer that, or let a random(100) take care of that, or give muscular to orc and average to elves, or whatever you want, then add the keyword of that mesh to that npc

He did write in there that he would only be supporting the SAM body moving forward. But, that he made the SOS patch for people interested.

The dll handles utility type commands (detecting what type of schlong a user has, whether they have revealing armor, etc.). The actual manipulation of the mesh is done with havok animations.

lol, I guess I sound like my boss who says he wants "a checkbox in the database" which actually means a new enum yes/no column :-)

I guess what I meant was that there is nothing in the SOS papyrus that actually directly triggers mesh manipulation. It happens somewhere in what I consider to be the twilight zone. But I'm trying to understand, so with the risk of sounding more stupid than I already do, you mean the dll is used mostly for reading and manipulating formlists? And does that mean that something like the SOS Full can be done without a dll?

As the link for the patch is broken we have no way of knowing what it actually was. If I remember correctly VP was saying that he needs SKSE64 in order to port SAM. He is planning to port it. I'm really curious who will port SOS. 

64 bit is slower than 32 (thats trivia, its longer execution process). only benefit is higher prcision which seems pointless as game is not scaled up, its the same old shit. also considered they made a lot of (pointless) changes to make sure old mods dont work to render their product completely laughable, im sure they made humongous amount of new bugs which are yet to discover. i cant imagine why would any1 waste their time on new suckrim build, especially if they have already wasted dozens of hours to mod older version to their liking. 

loading sos mesh with dizona in blender to copy paste weights (to load the .hkx on it if you want that), an experienced modder like you can easily do that

If your point in posting your giant schlong pictures is that you are the most amazing modder on this web site, then by all means be a hero and convert SOS to FO4 and SE. OR, even better, give us a step by step documentation for how to create the schlong havok animations. Everything else that you mention is already documented.

lol, I guess I sound like my boss who says he wants "a checkbox in the database" which actually means a new enum yes/no column :-)

I guess what I meant was that there is nothing in the SOS papyrus that actually directly triggers mesh manipulation. It happens somewhere in what I consider to be the twilight zone. But I'm trying to understand, so with the risk of sounding more stupid than I already do, you mean the dll is used mostly for reading and manipulating formlists? And does that mean that something like the SOS Full can be done without a dll?

As the link for the patch is broken we have no way of knowing what it actually was. If I remember correctly VP was saying that he needs SKSE64 in order to port SAM. He is planning to port it. I'm really curious who will port SOS. 

Hah. SOS is a complicated one.

Technically, yes, you could make an SOS without a dll that would have animated erection states, etc.

But, the dll formlist stuff might be more critical than it seems. They might have set those processes up in the dll because trying to handle it in Papyrus wasn't stable with too many characters in a cell, etc.

Also, SOS full gives the ability to change the angle and size in-game. That was done with Expired's dlls. But, I'm assuming those node manipulation functions will be re-created along with the extenders.

Yeah. The person who gave me the link suggested that it was an SE SOS port. But, I didn't get around to testing it before it was removed. It might have just been a mesh adjustment patch for a non-animating SAM body or something...

I am no expert on SOS.. however SOS Light (non-dll) uses the animation files in auxbones directory to animate from a flacid state to erect (SOSSlowErect.hkx etc). The angle is adjusted with the animation files (SOSBendUp.hkx) and (SOSBendDown.hkx).

Once those animation files are converted to SE format they work perfectly. I am sending the animation events from Flower Girls so the schlong lines up for the sex scenes.

I am no expert on SOS.. however SOS Light (non-dll) uses the animation files in auxbones directory to animate from a flacid state to erect (SOSSlowErect.hkx etc). The angle is adjusted with the animation files (SOSBendUp.hkx) and (SOSBendDown.hkx).

Once those animation files are converted to SE format they work perfectly. I am sending the animation events from Flower Girls so the schlong lines up for the sex scenes.

True. It does have those bend animations. I'm just working off of memory. It might have been Sexlab that used the nodes to adjust the angle...

So, you have SOS Light working in SE? What are the limitations compared to full? Apologies for being lazy and asking rather than installing, etc. myself.

don't have fallout, don't have sse either

what does this have to do with the sos patch for sam you were asking about?

don't use sam either

It has to do with you making some unclear point about what I can and can't do as a modder compared to you. You wrote it. Not me.

True. It does have those bend animations. I'm just working off of memory. It might have been Sexlab that used the nodes to adjust the angle...

So, you have SOS Light working in SE? What are the limitations compared to full? Apologies for being lazy and asking rather than installing, etc. myself.

don't have fallout, don't have sse either

what does this have to do with the sos patch for sam you were asking about?

don't use sam either

It has to do with you making some unclear point about what I can and can't do as a modder compared to you. You wrote it. Not me.

The main limits as far as I can work out between SOS Light and Full is with Light you can't control the penis yourself unless you use the console commands to send the animations.  Also you can't adjust the size of it (although you can of course use nifskope to resize it as you please). SOS full also allowed schlongs to be added to npc's with variation of size etc, with SOS Light all npc's use the same schlong.

SexLab sends the same animations to control it that FlowerGirls SE does. 

The main limits as far as I can work out between SOS Light and Full is with Light you can't control the penis yourself unless you use the console commands to send the animations.  Also you can't adjust the size of it (although you can of course use nifskope to resize it as you please). SOS full also allowed schlongs to be added to npc's with variation of size etc, with SOS Light all npc's use the same schlong.

SexLab sends the same animations to control it that FlowerGirls SE does. 

Thank you for the info. I'll work on the files...

Yatol won't do it, he however feels confident enough in his opinion that he likes to shoot down any thread that features SE, regardless that he doesn't even run SE. His mind is already made up, and no amount of logic will stand in his way.

of course i won't do it, buying sse to wait for march, then june, then... what's the point?

have check what mess i would get myself into, unlike you

loading crap kit to convert mods? time consuming crap, and crap kit don't take care of the nif conversion and the rest

looking for a sse version? that mean having to take care of all conflicts of my load order again...

like i said in the pre release thread, i am waiting for the tes5edit convert plugin, maybe in 2018

i probably know more about sse than you anyway, do you know the difference between skyrim npc and sse npc?

or do you know the difference between nitrishape and bstrishape (or whatever it is), that one i don't know

I am not in the slightest interested in comparing dick sizes with you. The fact that you DON'T use SE and yet seem to post regularly on the SE forum as if you know what your talking about (you don't) really says a great deal.

It seems like asking experienced modders that have actually tried it would be some of the best checking you could do.

an experienced modder like don't bother checking a mod requirements before trying to convert it?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/498-sos-schlongs-of-skyrim/

REQUIREMENTS (only for SOS Standard)

• SKSE - at least 1.7.2 is required
  • SkyUI
  • Mighty Beasts - Werewolf Optional. Use this for maximum compatibility with the included Werewolf schlongs as they were made for these Werewolf body meshes.

The werewolf skeleton included with SOS is the same file that the werewolf skeleton from "Mighty Beasts - Werewolf". It doesn't matter which mod you install first (SOS or MB), when prompted for overwriting that skeleton (meshes\actors\werewolfbeast\character assets\skeleton.nif), say yes.

as for what there was on that vectorplus page...

maybe sos light sse compatibility patch for sam

It seems like asking experienced modders that have actually tried it would be some of the best checking you could do.

an experienced modder like don't bother checking a mod requirements before trying to convert it?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/498-sos-schlongs-of-skyrim/

REQUIREMENTS (only for SOS Standard)

• SKSE - at least 1.7.2 is required
  • SkyUI
  • Mighty Beasts - Werewolf Optional. Use this for maximum compatibility with the included Werewolf schlongs as they were made for these Werewolf body meshes.

The werewolf skeleton included with SOS is the same file that the werewolf skeleton from "Mighty Beasts - Werewolf". It doesn't matter which mod you install first (SOS or MB), when prompted for overwriting that skeleton (meshes\actors\werewolfbeast\character assets\skeleton.nif), say yes.

as for what there was on that vectorplus page...

maybe sos light sse compatibility patch for sam

lol

Like Darxrider, I don't really care what you think of my experience. Plenty of others you could ask instead.

What requirement do you think I'm over-looking? Did I not just write several posts going over what it can and can't do without dlls?

The patch was the havok animations converted to work in SE.

And does that mean that something like the SOS Full can be done without a dll?

Got light working.

You just convert the havok files to SE. Then you can animate to the states via console with "player.sae sosfasterect" etc. as Darx said.

So, that was ported more easily than I expected...

Seems like you could accomplish some of the "full" features with random equipment lists in creationkit as well. It just wouldn't allow dynamically adding new schlong types through the MCM.

I haven't been following this thread; so this may have already been mentioned.  There is a folder in the SoS archive called: sos_skse_src, that looks to me to be the source for the .dll.  I know very little about programming; so I may well be mistaken.  It is easy to miss; so I thought I would point it out, just in case. 

64 bit is slower than 32 (thats trivia, its longer execution process). only benefit is higher prcision which seems pointless as game is not scaled up, its the same old shit. also considered they made a lot of (pointless) changes to make sure old mods dont work to render their product completely laughable, im sure they made humongous amount of new bugs which are yet to discover. i cant imagine why would any1 waste their time on new suckrim build, especially if they have already wasted dozens of hours to mod older version to their liking. 

Almost everything you have said here is totally and utterly wrong, it's laughable. I wanted to write more in reply to this.. but honestly.. no point in wasting time with sheer ignorance.

I haven't been following this thread; so this may have already been mentioned.  There is a folder in the SoS archive called: sos_skse_src, that looks to me to be the source for the .dll.  I know very little about programming; so I may well be mistaken.  It is easy to miss; so I thought I would point it out, just in case. 

Yep. That's the source for the dll.

It still needs SKSE64. But, should be easy for someone to update this for 64bit.

Almost everything you have said here is totally and utterly wrong, it's laughable. I wanted to write more in reply to this.. but honestly.. no point in wasting time with sheer ignorance.

good argument. u should try academic career they like your type. 

good argument. u should try academic career they like your type. 

OK, go away troll..

Archived